[mod] (Not So) Simple Shafts

• 2 weeks later...

Are characters with the Futanari trait supposed to be influenced by the penis size slider/body part traits? All I see is a default unchangeable penis, is that on purpose or a bug? 

Also, the mod needs to be updated for the latest Carnalitas version.

11 hours ago, abdzdf said:

Are characters with the Futanari trait supposed to be influenced by the penis size slider/body part traits? All I see is a default unchangeable penis, is that on purpose or a bug? 

Also, the mod needs to be updated for the latest Carnalitas version.

It's likely a compatibility bug with Carnalitas, which is required for the simple slits/shafts mods. I posted about it in the Carnalitas thread and Cheri said that Simple Shafts would have to be updated. I think it's because Carnalitas is now referencing the penis size traits as like "dick_big_good_3" instead of "dick_big_3."

Unfortunately, I don't know if WaffleIron has been very active here after their Paradox ban.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:35 PM, myname789 said:

It's likely a compatibility bug with Carnalitas, which is required for the simple slits/shafts mods. I posted about it in the Carnalitas thread and Cheri said that Simple Shafts would have to be updated. I think it's because Carnalitas is now referencing the penis size traits as like "dick_big_good_3" instead of "dick_big_3."

Unfortunately, I don't know if WaffleIron has been very active here after their Paradox ban.

Waffle hasn't been here since May 8th, so I'm doubtful for a return any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have fixed the mod for the current Сarnalitas. Download this file and replace the old one Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\simple_shafts_carn\gfx\portraits\trait_portrait_modifiers\

There is nowhere else a difference with the current size designations, only in one file. It seems to work)

02_penis.txt

Edited by sss1sss11
On 7/9/2021 at 7:03 AM, sss1sss11 said:

I have fixed the mod for the current Сarnalitas. Download this file and replace the old one Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\simple_shafts_carn\gfx\portraits\trait_portrait_modifiers\

There is nowhere else a difference with the current size designations, only in one file. It seems to work)

02_penis.txt 4.02 kB · 19 downloads

Are there any other files or anything that need to be changed? I tried your fix and the penis size still wouldn't change with different traits.

3 hours ago, myname789 said:

Are there any other files or anything that need to be changed? I tried your fix and the penis size still wouldn't change with different traits.

Everything works for me, when I enter a big dick trait- the dick increases. I remove the trait - it decreases. Perhaps you are in conflict with some mod?

I use:

Carnalitas
Carnalitas Structure of arousal Carnal effects
Intimate meetings
Simple slits
Simple shafts
Simple shafts - Carnalitas
Simple shafts for her
Regula magistri

Or vice versa, there are no necessary

Simple slits
Simple shafts
Simple shafts for her

all four are required in that boot order.

Edited by sss1sss11
  • 1 month later...
On 7/11/2021 at 3:07 PM, sss1sss11 said:

Everything works for me, when I enter a big dick trait- the dick increases. I remove the trait - it decreases. Perhaps you are in conflict with some mod?

I use:

Carnalitas
Carnalitas Structure of arousal Carnal effects
Intimate meetings
Simple slits
Simple shafts
Simple shafts for her
Regula magistri

Or vice versa, there are no necessary

Simple slits
Simple shafts
Simple shafts for her

all four are required in that boot order.

Finally got it working. I think I wasn't using the most recent version of the Simple Slits/Shafts mods (the last two versions were released 2 days apart). Ended up deleting and redownloading the mods, and your fix worked. Thank you

• 2 months later...

First off, love the mod(s)! That said, I'm having some trouble. The penis slider doesn't seem to work as it should. not going as high or low as it should be able to (I know because it used to have more extremes and even worked properly once recently, but I can's seem to recreate it), do you have any suggestions on how to fix the issue? Also, the traits don't seem to have any effect on size whatsoever any longer. Thank you in advance for any help you can get.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, disposabletemp said:

Here's an update to Simple Shafts for Royal Court. Give credit to the original mod author WaffleIron.

I didn't update the Carnalitas/futa stuff because it would be more complicated to fix and I don't think Carn is currently working.

simple_shafts_rc.zip 15.14 MB · 48 downloads

image.png.ee250b77dbada95da54cc2d8e0428a3f.png

Looks like it's bugged actually. To reproduce, just go to 867 start date and open Bulgaria's court. No other mods enabled than your update 

I'm not really sure how to fix that. Simple shafts uses a lot of new meshes so it's possible that the royal court animations won't work properly with them. I tried a bunch of animations in the barbershop and it looks like this throne room animation is the only one that's broken (although there may be more).

The fix I made for simple slits was way easier ?‍♀️

3 hours ago, disposabletemp said:

I'm not really sure how to fix that. Simple shafts uses a lot of new meshes so it's possible that the royal court animations won't work properly with them. I tried a bunch of animations in the barbershop and it looks like this throne room animation is the only one that's broken (although there may be more).

The fix I made for simple slits was way easier ?‍♀️

Welp every fix usually creates a problem. And every new addon causes bugs. This will likely be fixed by someone (i'm guessing any custom textures will cause this issue, which means someone somewhere will probably create a fix.

I think I may have fixed the issues, I couldn't test it properly yet but atleast the court room scene seems to work. I attached the two files I changed so you can test it yourself. Just replace the files in the mod disposabletemp posted.

For reference what I did was:

Include more changes from the original male_body.asset in the mod asset file (Some blendshapes entries are now additive animations) and one mesh missed the ss_ prefix. This already fixed the texture stretching bug but the ruler was still not sitting on the throne in the court room.

For the mesh file I used blender and the io_pdx_mesh plugin to load the original male_bode.mesh but in the settings I disabled the "import mesh" checkbox, loaded the mod mesh with import mesh activated and then just saved the mesh as the new ss_male_body.mesh. The problem I think was that the new mesh includes two locaters which the mod mesh did not have.

male_body.asset ss_male_body.mesh

Edited by Marluc

After the update and with disposabletemp and Marluc's patch, I have to turn Simple Shafts - Carnalitas add-on off in order to avoid the immediate CTD once click the character (to open the basic status window) in the game. As long as that add-on is off, the game seems to be stable.

Does anyone have a similar glitch?

6 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

After the update and with disposabletemp and Marluc's patch, I have to turn Simple Shafts - Carnalitas add-on off in order to avoid the immediate CTD once click the character (to open the basic status window) in the game. As long as that add-on is off, the game seems to be stable.

I have the same problem. Does the Simple Shafts - Carnalitas add-on have any use if not using the Carnalitas body traits?

23 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

I have the same problem. Does the Simple Shafts - Carnalitas add-on have any use if not using the Carnalitas body traits?

I suppose it only concerns how the genital looks in the portrait window (even whether on/off of the body traits themselves is not primarily relevant). 

19 hours ago, Marluc said:

I think I may have fixed the issues, I couldn't test it properly yet but atleast the court room scene seems to work. I attached the two files I changed so you can test it yourself. Just replace the files in the mod disposabletemp posted.

Include more changes from the original male_body.asset in the mod asset file (Some blendshapes entries are now additive animations) and one mesh missed the ss_ prefix. This already fixed the texture stretching bug but the ruler was still not sitting on the throne in the court room.

For the mesh file I used blender and the io_pdx_mesh plugin to load the original male_bode.mesh but in the settings I disabled the "import mesh" checkbox, loaded the mod mesh with import mesh activated and then just saved the mesh as the new ss_male_body.mesh. The problem I think was that the new mesh includes two locaters which the mod mesh did not have.

male_body.asset 121.95 kB · 125 downloads ss_male_body.mesh 336.64 kB · 117 downloads

Replacing the files in the update disposabletemp provided with these seems to work for me. Tried different rulers in full screen barber mode and courtrooms and there was no glitch.

So thanks to both of you ?

16 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

Haven't tried with saved game yet but same happens, if I try to go into the UNGROUPED category in character creator.

On 2/8/2022 at 1:54 PM, disposabletemp said:

Here's an update to Simple Shafts for Royal Court. Give credit to the original mod author WaffleIron.

I didn't update the Carnalitas/futa stuff because it would be more complicated to fix and I don't think Carn is currently working.

simple_shafts_rc.zip 15.14 MB · 335 downloads

On 2/9/2022 at 6:09 AM, Marluc said:

male_body.asset 121.95 kB · 185 downloads ss_male_body.mesh 336.64 kB · 173 downloads

Almost perfect. Only problem with the main mod now seems to be that the penis slider in the character creator no longer seems to exist,