[mod] (Not So) Simple Shafts

44 minutes ago, MrMeargt said:

That error happens if you try to save with the Blender mode you can see vertices. To save without this error just disable the mode you can see the vertices. (Notice, saving with that error still creates a file, but the file will contain only the unaltered mesh).

Good tip!

I haven't tried any sort of fancy controlling of blend-shapes yet, so unfortunately I can't help you there.

4 hours ago, MrMeargt said:

In theory, it would be possible to create a morph for different states for the penis: erect, flaccid; circumcised, castrated, etc. However, applying those morphs temporarily for a scene (in the case of erect/flaccid) would be very difficult since it wouldn't preserve penis size (having your genetic flaccid penis size, then being assigned a predefined erect size). My peanut brain is trying to tie penis size with traits, and in a scene the man should have his penis erect it would check the trait size, and give the temporary trait replacing with a properly sized erect morph. But it just sounds so complicated.

I'm not a graphical modder, so I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone. By the way, changing the common folder to add genes inevitable leads to a new checksum, so no ironman or achievements - for anyone who cares.

Well flaccid penis size and erect penis size are quite different anyway. The only unbreakable rule is it wouldn't get smaller when erect. But just having separate genes for the two shouldn't be too bad.

I have made some progress:

I have added separate genes for penis and scrotum size.

Spoiler

image.png.19c56dc669bfc03acda6632891fbfcda.png

I added the genes to ethnicities so that they follow a mostly natural-ish distribution. All ethnicities have the same bell curve size distribution.

Spoiler

image.png.474857569705252673d3202b33c473cf.png

I'm not a graphical modder, so forgive me for the trait icons. But yes, I have made traits to work with Carnalitas, they affect the portrait. Currently I have added genetic traits for scrotum size, made the Carnalitas dick size traits affect portraits, the eunuch trait change the portrait. I wanted to make a circumcised trait but I just can't model a circumcised penis, so if anyone wants to do one (using the same number of vertices as WaffleIron did). Also, I have tweaked the values so this is just showing how the traits affect the size.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.db35cea09c35706f1e6bdd6ffa973781.pngimage.thumb.png.5787e9c2d75101b9a96b4af84a6a84c1.pngimage.thumb.png.78d53d99d7b1ae67ed034c60420bf9ae.png

Same goes for large penis, the barbershop doesn't show the biggest size because it goes below the visible area, so... jsut know it goes for them too. Oh, eunuchs are also represented, and don't think you're balls will be neat and firm as you age.

Spoiler

image.png.a112a3be666b50027ab82ecd63f8b5fd.png

Currently faced problems: I don't know how to seed scrotum size traits, I tried replicating the carnalitas one for dick size but no success.

4 hours ago, MrMeargt said:

Reveal hidden contents

I added the genes to ethnicities so that they follow a mostly natural-ish distribution. All ethnicities have the same bell curve size distribution.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not a graphical modder, so forgive me for the trait icons. But yes, I have made traits to work with Carnalitas, they affect the portrait. Currently I have added genetic traits for scrotum size, made the Carnalitas dick size traits affect portraits, the eunuch trait change the portrait. I wanted to make a circumcised trait but I just can't model a circumcised penis, so if anyone wants to do one (using the same number of vertices as WaffleIron did). Also, I have tweaked the values so this is just showing how the traits affect the size.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.db35cea09c35706f1e6bdd6ffa973781.pngimage.thumb.png.5787e9c2d75101b9a96b4af84a6a84c1.pngimage.thumb.png.78d53d99d7b1ae67ed034c60420bf9ae.png

Same goes for large penis, the barbershop doesn't show the biggest size because it goes below the visible area, so... jsut know it goes for them too. Oh, eunuchs are also represented, and don't think you're balls will be neat and firm as you age.

Reveal hidden contents

Currently faced problems: I don't know how to seed scrotum size traits, I tried replicating the carnalitas one for dick size but no success.

Looks amazing!

6 hours ago, MrMeargt said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

This is awesome work! are you going to post up all of this to the boards? 

Here's what I have done so far:

- Now penis and scrotum sizes are random. Characters will unique penises following normal distribution (all ethnicities follow the same rule).

- Added visual traits. Eunuch characters will not have balls; if Carnalitas is installed and body part traits are enabled in game rule the penis size traits will modify the character's penis.

- Added traits for scrotum size. Currently, I can't  get the world to seed it as it does with Carnalitas's dick and tits traits.

What I plan to do:

- Circumcision trait and portrait.

- Erection. Possible tied to a trait.

I can't create models or textures, so if anyone volunteer go ahead.

Alert: This modification is merely a proof of concept, showing what can be done. I am not a graphical modder so I can't create my own models and textures. You may use it but proceed with caution.

simple_shafts.rar

Quick heads up to MrMeargt/anyone trying to use his update to the mod: this may be super basic for everyone else, but it took me a second to figure out. When I went to install, I got an error saying "the path to this mods descriptor file is invalid or missing."

I opened up the Simple_Shafts.mod file in notepad, and confirmed that it still had his username in the filepath instead of my own. Updated that real quick and it fixed it. 

28 minutes ago, RathAzu said:

Quick heads up to MrMeargt/anyone trying to use his update to the mod: this may be super basic for everyone else, but it took me a second to figure out. When I went to install, I got an error saying "the path to this mods descriptor file is invalid or missing."

I opened up the Simple_Shafts.mod file in notepad, and confirmed that it still had his username in the filepath instead of my own. Updated that real quick and it fixed it. 

Should be fixed now.

15 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Well flaccid penis size and erect penis size are quite different anyway. The only unbreakable rule is it wouldn't get smaller when erect. But just having separate genes for the two shouldn't be too bad.

As much as I can understand, two different genes could lead to the exact result of erect penis being smaller than flaccid, if strengths of genes not align right. Would be better to have one gene with several templates and to change state through modifying template in visual traits.

1 hour ago, RathAzu said:

This is a very annoying feature of how CK3 loads mods. Whenever you load the game with a mod it replaces that string with the fully qualified path on your local machine. This is strange because it doesn't actually need that path to load the first time. It will expand "mod/mod_name" to the full path if you put it there, but it won't fix a local path from someone else's machine. This means modders have to go back and change it to just "mod/mod_name" every time they upload a new version.

So, I've been doing a bit more playtesting. 

The traits and dick sizes align, I can add the eunuch trait and the balls disappear, all that seems to be working just fine. 

But I've got an issue that seems to be stemming from the mod now that I can't explain. Whenever I had a child (male or female) or about half the time when I recruit a courtier it automatically gives them the blinded and severely injured traits. I couldn't seem to nail down a specific rhyme or reason to the trait-adding during recruit, but I will keep testing. 

I disabled this mod alone and played a bit, could recruit and birth fine. Turned this back on, and it started again. If there's a way to check a log file and give more information, please let me know how!

UPDATE: Looks like this might be on my end. One of my other mods not playing nicely with this one - when I turned every other mod BUT this one off, it seemed to work fine. Will slowly add them back in one by one and see which one conflicts. 

6 minutes ago, RathAzu said:

So, I've been doing a bit more playtesting. 

The traits and dick sizes align, I can add the eunuch trait and the balls disappear, all that seems to be working just fine. 

But I've got an issue that seems to be stemming from the mod now that I can't explain. Whenever I had a child (male or female) or about half the time when I recruit a courtier it automatically gives them the blinded and severely injured traits. I couldn't seem to nail down a specific rhyme or reason to the trait-adding during recruit, but I will keep testing. 

I disabled this mod alone and played a bit, could recruit and birth fine. Turned this back on, and it started again. If there's a way to check a log file and give more information, please let me know how!

I assume you are talking about MrMeargt's modification? Mine should not be capable of interacting with the blinded trait on its own, as it only modifies graphical files.

37 minutes ago, WaffleIron said:

I assume you are talking about MrMeargt's modification? Mine should not be capable of interacting with the blinded trait on its own, as it only modifies graphical files.

Yes, sorry about that! Yours causes no problems whatsoever - I've been using it since it was put out. 

Update: So, I did manage to figure out what was conflicting. Turns out that MrMeargt's mod doesn't play nicely with the Local Coven mod from the workshop. Something about the two of them causes one of ill effects from that mod's decisions to fire on every single new courtier. Honestly, I'm not nearly experienced in modding enough to figure out why and I never use that mod anyway, so. 

46 minutes ago, RathAzu said:

Yes, sorry about that! Yours causes no problems whatsoever - I've been using it since it was put out. 

Update: So, I did manage to figure out what was conflicting. Turns out that MrMeargt's mod doesn't play nicely with the Local Coven mod from the workshop. Something about the two of them causes one of ill effects from that mod's decisions to fire on every single new courtier. Honestly, I'm not nearly experienced in modding enough to figure out why and I never use that mod anyway, so. 

I honestly don't know what could cause that. I do have on_action but they should trigger the ball size trait seeding event, identical to Carnalitas's penis and tit size seeding.

HOWEVER, mine doesn't work properly and it won't seed the ball size traits at all. I guess it's triggering this Local Coven events?

Spoiler

on_game_start_after_lobby = {
    events = {
		scrotum.0001 # initialize all characters with scrotum traits
	}
}

on_join_court = {
	events = {
		scrotum.0002 # initialize this character with scrotum traits
	}
}

on_birth_child = {
	events = {
		scrotum.0003 # initialize children with scrotum traits and make them inactive
	}
}

on_16th_birthday = {
	events = {
		scrotum.0004 # activate scrotum traits for children coming of age
	}
}

If anyone knows how to fix that, I would appreciate.

I have tried to create an erection gene and it works fine in the portrait editor.

Spoiler

image.png.84d83c306e4e7f4d3823d03f5d17fa61.png

My intention was to have it as a template of the penis size gene, so in theory I could just make the erection trait replace the "penis_size" template with "erection_size" template. I ran into two problems, one of which was solved.

- Since the neutral body has a penis in flaccid state, the closer the slider is to 50% the more flaccid the penis would get, and it would overall mess everything up. I solved it by making an additional erection gene to be used in conjunction with the erection_size template of the gene_bs_penis, and it would get the result you see above, otherwise you get this:

Spoiler

image.png.97bfc8d4cdba15e5410f6a48a30d8df7.png

- With that solved, I found another problem. I thought that by making the erection_size a template of the gene_bs_penis, I could just use the erection trait to replace the template, and without adding a value it would preserve the character's natural value. The game, however, doesn't react like that, by omitting the value, it just chooses the lowest value possible so all erects penises would be the smallest erect penises could be.

Spoiler

image.png.1fef2d04ccaf066c1de9d97fd03f48c6.png

UPDATE:  

I have managed to solve the problem. Instead of replacing, I just need to modify the template. Unlike what the files say modify will also override the template, and you can use a value of 0 to preserve the size:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4b64fd79572d045c09b5ae43ff1a73fc.png

4 minutes ago, MrMeargt said:

I have tried to create an erection gene and it works fine in the portrait editor.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.84d83c306e4e7f4d3823d03f5d17fa61.png

My intention was to have it as a template of the penis size gene, so in theory I could just make the erection trait replace the "penis_size" template with "erection_size" template. I ran into two problems, one of which was solved.

- Since the neutral body has a penis in flaccid state, the closer the slider is to 50% the more flaccid the penis would get, and it would overall mess everything up. I solved it by making an additional erection gene to be used in conjunction with the erection_size template of the gene_bs_penis, and it would get the result you see above, otherwise you get this:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.97bfc8d4cdba15e5410f6a48a30d8df7.png

- With that solved, I found another problem. I thought that by making the erection_size a template of the gene_bs_penis, I could just use the erection trait to replace the template, and without adding a value it would preserve the character's natural value. The game, however, doesn't react like that, by omitting the value, it just chooses the lowest value possible so all erects penises would be the smallest erect penises could be.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.1fef2d04ccaf066c1de9d97fd03f48c6.png

Interesting! I will note that the model as provided likely isn't very suitable for erect penises anyway. I did a crude job on the underside of the penis, which isn't visible normally, but would lead to some ugly seams if lifted up. Unfortunately adding more vertices is not a simple task (I would have to do it to each model independently), and I'm mostly satisfied with the mod as it is. I may end up giving the models a tweak in the future though.

5 minutes ago, WaffleIron said:

Interesting! I will note that the model as provided likely isn't very suitable for erect penises anyway. I did a crude job on the underside of the penis, which isn't visible normally, but would lead to some ugly seams if lifted up. Unfortunately adding more vertices is not a simple task (I would have to do it to each model independently), and I'm mostly satisfied with the mod as it is. I may end up giving the models a tweak in the future though.

I am aware, the modifications I made to your mod are merely proof of concept - basically just showing how to implement the mod. I uploaded the file because someone asked, but again it's very barebones. I'm not an artist, I can't make the models myself so I'm piggybacking on yours to show what can be done.

Also I know to change something you have to keep the same number of vertices in all blendshapes, otherwise it goes terribly wrong! Exhausting!

There's an upside however: if someone volunteers to make the blendshapes I could just replace the current ones and I wouldn't even need to replace the other files (traits, genes, effects, etc...) and it would work fine.

38 minutes ago, winkel17 said:

MrMeargt, you did include folders with "scrippted_triggers" and "scrippter_effects" names in your mod. I assume those are typos and should be named as  'scripted_triggers" and "scripted_effects"?

Oh, that explains why I couldn't seed the world with traits!

The modifications I did to WaffleIron's mod are a proof of concept and not really a mod, you can use it but it's not something I would create its own thread.

7 hours ago, HeatSeek said:

This is looking great!  I'm also one of the few throwing my vote in hoping to see something for female characters as well once you get males to the point you're satisfied with it.

The female body is pretty much just graphical work now. The base game already gives us breasts, and we have the simple slits mods. To improve on that I suppose someone who can make the meshes could create more realistic vaginas. Maybe add a textures for pubic hair as an independent gene? But that's all graphical.

2 hours ago, MrMeargt said:
10 hours ago, HeatSeek said:

This is looking great!  I'm also one of the few throwing my vote in hoping to see something for female characters as well once you get males to the point you're satisfied with it.

The female body is pretty much just graphical work now. The base game already gives us breasts, and we have the simple slits mods. To improve on that I suppose someone who can make the meshes could create more realistic vaginas. Maybe add a textures for pubic hair as an independent gene? But that's all graphical.

I think by 'something' he meant dicks.

10 hours ago, flamingmonkeyUK said:

I think by 'something' he meant dicks.

Oh, for that someone would need to create female body shapes for both bodies with vagina and bodies with penises. And I think all of them would need the same number of vertices (or maybe just each group). That's a lot of work. But once that's done, you could then just give a trait (like the Carnalitas futa trait) to activate the penis genes.

35 minutes ago, MrMeargt said:

Oh, for that someone would need to create female body shapes for both bodies with vagina and bodies with penises. And I think all of them would need the same number of vertices (or maybe just each group). That's a lot of work. But once that's done, you could then just give a trait (like the Carnalitas futa trait) to activate the penis genes.

Right now I'm experimenting with attachments for that instead (think like the fig leaf). Getting the shading to work correctly with the main body is difficult, but I'm making decent progress.

On 9/24/2020 at 12:21 AM, MrMeargt said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I was coming to this thread to request this very thing, amazing work! Thank you for sharing! I have experience modeling but not much with modding ck. In ck2 I did a map mod and that was it. It sounds like penis model is forever limited to the vertices of the original paradox nub, does that mean there currently isn't much hope to be able to change the appearance? (sorry for newb questions)