[mod] (Not So) Simple Shafts

So I managed to find out that the file: ss_male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_bs_move_away.mesh contains the physical 3D fig leaf.

The asset file:  male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01.asset adds the fig leaf to the game. It is the same file as the vanilla file with one exception the diffuse texture file

What I haven't figured out, is why you would want to add it to the game when you really want to remove it. I suppose the asset file removes it, but I don't understand how.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:09 AM, joemann said:

Could someone point out to me which file(s) in this mod delete the fig leaf? I am trying to work out how the the system works (how the different files interact) and I am really confused.

The mod wiki is not very helpful at this stage. Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally, I made the fig leaf disappear by setting its texture to be invisible, so that it's still there, but you just can't see it. This is what the diffuse file is for. Later, somebody had a bug (that I could not recreate on my version) where the invisible fig leaf was still casting shadows on the character's body. I compensated for this by adding a blendshape (ss_male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_bs_move_away.mesh), which moves the fig leaf below the character's feet. This blendshape is set in the .asset file to always be active.

These two methods to remove the leaf should actually be redundant, but I've kept both of them to reduce the chances of other graphical glitches like the shadows I mentioned above.

I don't know what other mods you are using, but some things you could try for compatibility are:
1. Removing the extra blendshape and attribute line in "male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01.asset" (they should be highlighted as coming from this mod)
2. Copying the "ss_male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_diffuse.dds" file, and pasting that copy in the same folder as the original but renamed "male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_diffuse.dds"

23 hours ago, WaffleIron said:

Originally, I made the fig leaf disappear by setting its texture to be invisible, so that it's still there, but you just can't see it. This is what the diffuse file is for. Later, somebody had a bug (that I could not recreate on my version) where the invisible fig leaf was still casting shadows on the character's body. I compensated for this by adding a blendshape (ss_male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_bs_move_away.mesh), which moves the fig leaf below the character's feet. This blendshape is set in the .asset file to always be active.

These two methods to remove the leaf should actually be redundant, but I've kept both of them to reduce the chances of other graphical glitches like the shadows I mentioned above.

I don't know what other mods you are using, but some things you could try for compatibility are:
1. Removing the extra blendshape and attribute line in "male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01.asset" (they should be highlighted as coming from this mod)
2. Copying the "ss_male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_diffuse.dds" file, and pasting that copy in the same folder as the original but renamed "male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_diffuse.dds"

Thanks for the explanation. In the end I got it working and I understand a little better how it works now. Am trying to get the penis size to vary but am not getting anywhere. I know it is possible in view of some earlier screenshots posted in this thread but the how is still a little sketchy. It seems to be linked to the blendshapes but it is unclear to me if these are linked to specific mesh files or if you can just create them in script. In your mod there seem to be (only?) three mesh files does that mean you can only have three different sizes or can there be many different size variations between min and max. If so which file steers this?

Hey, everyone! I have a question. I just started to use Blender a little less than month ago and have problem with exporting meshes. Lets say I try to apply a part of a different mesh to another one, merge all connecting vertices and all, but after exporting Blender rips those vertices, as if they were never merged, and I end up with meshes with different number of vertices, so... yeah, many of you saw what happens when blendshapes for body have different number of vertices. Question - can I prevent Blender from ripping vertices while exporting model?

All my characters have a white spot at the level of their groin (not lovers pox ?) and a "light" shining out of their penis (could be useful at night).

CK3.thumb.png.7335f4ce656e0d95b455fa12fbce3dd6.pngIs it possible to get rid of this and how.

Do other people using this mod have the same issue? I have changed the camera setting in the barbershop so maybe it is a matter of lighting. I would like to know which file(s) I should look at. If it has to do with the mesh file then I will have to live with it.

21 minutes ago, joemann said:

All my characters have a white spot at the level of their groin (not lovers pox ?) and a "light" shining out of their penis (could be useful at night).

CK3.thumb.png.7335f4ce656e0d95b455fa12fbce3dd6.pngIs it possible to get rid of this and how.

Do other people using this mod have the same issue? I have changed the camera setting in the barbershop so maybe it is a matter of lighting. I would like to know which file(s) I should look at. If it has to do with the mesh file then I will have to live with it.

Yeah, regrettably it's mesh. This glaring spot at the base is because model of penis in this point is not connected to body, it just overlaps with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 6:16 AM, joemann said:

Yeah, that spot had given me some issues in the past. I think it's due to some normals on the base mesh (or some of the blendshapes) I might have set poorly. The lighting engine in this game is kind of strange, and give odd results sometimes.

I've kind of taken a break from ck3 modding until the base game gets another patch, but I'll probably try to fix the glare again when that happens.

I have some issues with the portrait modifier "erection". In my case it shows up in the enhanced barbershop but not in the event screens. Could you think of a reason why? It seems to me that both use the same files for the characters so why the difference?

Another question has to do with the weight_trigger in the portrait modifier file.

You used a trait, which I replaced by a variable

Spoiler

erection_visual = {
    usage = game
    erection_visual = {
        dna_modifiers = {
            morph = {
                mode = modify        
                gene = gene_bs_penis
                template = erection_size
                value = 0.0
            }
            morph = {
                mode = add            
                gene = gene_erect_penis
                template = erect_penis
                value = 1.0
            }
        }
        weight = {
            base = 0
            modifier = {
                add = 100
                has_variable = arousal_level

}
        }
    }
}

This works ( but not in the event window ). What I would like is to link it to a level of arousal but using

Spoiler

weight = {
            base = 0
            modifier = {
                add = 100
                var:arousal_level > 2

}
        }

doesn't work and generates error messages in the error log relating to  scope problems. Can you see what is wrong with this?

I made my character. But I don't know how to apply this to my existing character. Can you help me to how I can do this please?

TODO_choose_portait_key={
    type=male
    id=0
    age=0.205000
    genes={         hair_color={ 0 177 0 0 }
         skin_color={ 0 0 0 0 }
         eye_color={ 0 255 0 0 }
         gene_chin_forward={ "chin_forward_neg" 127 "chin_forward_neg" 127 }
         gene_chin_height={ "chin_height_neg" 130 "chin_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_chin_width={ "chin_width_neg" 108 "chin_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_eye_angle={ "eye_angle_neg" 127 "eye_angle_neg" 127 }
         gene_eye_depth={ "eye_depth_neg" 196 "eye_depth_neg" 127 }
         gene_eye_height={ "eye_height_neg" 128 "eye_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_eye_distance={ "eye_distance_neg" 127 "eye_distance_neg" 127 }
         gene_eye_shut={ "eye_shut_neg" 104 "eye_shut_neg" 127 }
         gene_forehead_angle={ "forehead_angle_neg" 122 "forehead_angle_neg" 127 }
         gene_forehead_brow_height={ "forehead_brow_height_neg" 170 "forehead_brow_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_forehead_roundness={ "forehead_roundness_neg" 168 "forehead_roundness_neg" 127 }
         gene_forehead_width={ "forehead_width_neg" 132 "forehead_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_forehead_height={ "forehead_height_neg" 121 "forehead_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_head_height={ "head_height_neg" 80 "head_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_head_width={ "head_width_neg" 79 "head_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_head_profile={ "head_profile_neg" 128 "head_profile_neg" 127 }
         gene_head_top_height={ "head_top_height_neg" 128 "head_top_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_head_top_width={ "head_top_width_neg" 140 "head_top_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_jaw_angle={ "jaw_angle_neg" 183 "jaw_angle_neg" 127 }
         gene_jaw_forward={ "jaw_forward_neg" 126 "jaw_forward_neg" 127 }
         gene_jaw_height={ "jaw_height_neg" 94 "jaw_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_jaw_width={ "jaw_width_neg" 124 "jaw_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_mouth_corner_depth={ "mouth_corner_depth_neg" 255 "mouth_corner_depth_neg" 127 }
         gene_mouth_corner_height={ "mouth_corner_height_neg" 135 "mouth_corner_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_mouth_forward={ "mouth_forward_neg" 66 "mouth_forward_neg" 127 }
         gene_mouth_height={ "mouth_height_neg" 100 "mouth_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_mouth_width={ "mouth_width_neg" 167 "mouth_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_mouth_upper_lip_size={ "mouth_upper_lip_size_neg" 128 "mouth_upper_lip_size_neg" 127 }
         gene_mouth_lower_lip_size={ "mouth_lower_lip_size_neg" 159 "mouth_lower_lip_size_neg" 127 }
         gene_mouth_open={ "mouth_open_neg" 128 "mouth_open_neg" 127 }
         gene_neck_length={ "neck_length_neg" 147 "neck_length_neg" 127 }
         gene_neck_width={ "neck_width_neg" 53 "neck_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_cheek_forward={ "cheek_forward_neg" 68 "cheek_forward_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_cheek_height={ "cheek_height_neg" 147 "cheek_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_cheek_width={ "cheek_width_neg" 200 "cheek_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_ear_angle={ "ear_angle_neg" 57 "ear_angle_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_ear_inner_shape={ "ear_inner_shape_pos" 127 "ear_inner_shape_pos" 127 }
         gene_bs_ear_bend={ "ear_lower_bend_pos" 0 "ear_lower_bend_pos" 127 }
         gene_bs_ear_outward={ "ear_outward_neg" 131 "ear_outward_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_ear_size={ "ear_size_neg" 141 "ear_size_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_eye_corner_depth={ "eye_corner_depth_neg" 31 "eye_corner_depth_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_eye_fold_shape={ "eye_fold_shape_neg" 0 "eye_fold_shape_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_eye_size={ "eye_size_neg" 0 "eye_size_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_eye_upper_lid_size={ "eye_upper_lid_size_neg" 65 "eye_upper_lid_size_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_forehead_brow_curve={ "forehead_brow_curve_neg" 198 "forehead_brow_curve_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_forehead_brow_forward={ "forehead_brow_forward_neg" 170 "forehead_brow_forward_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_forehead_brow_inner_height={ "forehead_brow_inner_height_neg" 255 "forehead_brow_inner_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_forehead_brow_outer_height={ "forehead_brow_outer_height_neg" 122 "forehead_brow_outer_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_forehead_brow_width={ "forehead_brow_width_neg" 123 "forehead_brow_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_jaw_def={ "jaw_def_neg" 0 "jaw_def_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_lower_lip_def={ "mouth_lower_lip_def_pos" 0 "mouth_lower_lip_def_pos" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_lower_lip_full={ "mouth_lower_lip_full_neg" 90 "mouth_lower_lip_full_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_lower_lip_pad={ "mouth_lower_lip_pad_neg" 130 "mouth_lower_lip_pad_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_lower_lip_width={ "mouth_lower_lip_width_neg" 50 "mouth_lower_lip_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_philtrum_def={ "mouth_philtrum_def_pos" 116 "mouth_philtrum_def_pos" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_philtrum_shape={ "mouth_philtrum_shape_neg" 0 "mouth_philtrum_shape_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_philtrum_width={ "mouth_philtrum_width_neg" 123 "mouth_philtrum_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_upper_lip_def={ "mouth_upper_lip_def_pos" 0 "mouth_upper_lip_def_pos" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_upper_lip_full={ "mouth_upper_lip_full_neg" 0 "mouth_upper_lip_full_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_upper_lip_profile={ "mouth_upper_lip_profile_neg" 0 "mouth_upper_lip_profile_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_mouth_upper_lip_width={ "mouth_upper_lip_width_neg" 0 "mouth_upper_lip_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_forward={ "nose_forward_neg" 82 "nose_forward_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_height={ "nose_height_neg" 128 "nose_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_length={ "nose_length_neg" 108 "nose_length_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_nostril_height={ "nose_nostril_height_neg" 255 "nose_nostril_height_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_nostril_width={ "nose_nostril_width_neg" 86 "nose_nostril_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_profile={ "nose_profile_neg" 219 "nose_profile_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_ridge_angle={ "nose_ridge_angle_neg" 178 "nose_ridge_angle_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_ridge_width={ "nose_ridge_width_neg" 104 "nose_ridge_width_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_size={ "nose_size_neg" 0 "nose_size_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_tip_angle={ "nose_tip_angle_neg" 26 "nose_tip_angle_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_tip_forward={ "nose_tip_forward_neg" 77 "nose_tip_forward_neg" 127 }
         gene_bs_nose_tip_width={ "nose_tip_width_neg" 188 "nose_tip_width_neg" 127 }
         face_detail_cheek_def={ "cheek_def_01" 117 "cheek_def_01" 127 }
         face_detail_cheek_fat={ "cheek_fat_01_pos" 0 "cheek_fat_01_pos" 127 }
         face_detail_chin_cleft={ "chin_cleft" 0 "chin_cleft" 127 }
         face_detail_chin_def={ "chin_def" 103 "chin_def" 127 }
         face_detail_eye_lower_lid_def={ "eye_lower_lid_def" 161 "eye_lower_lid_def" 127 }
         face_detail_eye_socket={ "eye_socket_01" 255 "eye_socket_01" 127 }
         face_detail_nasolabial={ "nasolabial_01" 255 "nasolabial_01" 127 }
         face_detail_nose_ridge_def={ "nose_ridge_def_pos" 255 "nose_ridge_def_pos" 127 }
         face_detail_nose_tip_def={ "nose_tip_def" 81 "nose_tip_def" 127 }
         face_detail_temple_def={ "temple_def" 127 "temple_def" 127 }
         expression_brow_wrinkles={ "brow_wrinkles_01" 124 "brow_wrinkles_01" 127 }
         expression_eye_wrinkles={ "eye_wrinkles_01" 255 "eye_wrinkles_01" 127 }
         expression_forehead_wrinkles={ "forehead_wrinkles_01" 105 "forehead_wrinkles_01" 127 }
         expression_other={ "cheek_wrinkles_both_01" 127 "cheek_wrinkles_left_01" 127 }
         complexion={ "complexion_1" 163 "complexion_1" 127 }
         gene_height={ "normal_height" 165 "full_height" 127 }
         gene_bs_body_type={ "body_average" 255 "body_average" 127 }
         gene_bs_body_shape={ "body_shape_triangle_full" 255 "body_shape_average_clothed" 127 }
         gene_bs_bust={ "bust_shape_1_half" 138 "bust_clothes" 127 }
         gene_age={ "no_aging" 255 "old_1" 127 }
         gene_eyebrows_shape={ "far_spacing_lower_thickness" 234 "no_eyebrows" 127 }
         gene_eyebrows_fullness={ "layer_2_lower_thickness" 150 "no_eyebrows" 127 }
         gene_body_hair={ "body_hair_sparse" 2 "body_hair_sparse" 127 }
         hairstyles={ "western_hairstyles" 71 "all_hairstyles" 0 }
         beards={ "western_beards" 127 "no_beard" 0 }
         eye_accessory={ "normal_eyes" 253 "normal_eyes" 0 }
         teeth_accessory={ "normal_teeth" 0 "normal_teeth" 0 }
         eyelashes_accessory={ "normal_eyelashes" 0 "no_eyelashes" 0 }
         gene_bs_penis={ "penis_size" 255 "penis_size" 127 }
         gene_bs_scrotum={ "scrotum_size" 174 "scrotum_size" 127 }
         gene_eunuch={ "" 0 "eunuch_no_scrotum" 0 }
         gene_erect_penis={ "" 255 "erect_penis" 0 }
 }
    entity={ 0 0 }
}

10 hours ago, MachEvil said:

Hello I'm new to this site, I was wondering how to install this mod to my game as I have a steam account. And is this compatible to the new patch?

It works, but may cause unintended issues as it's not built for true compatibility.

To install them, extract the package contents in this folder: C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod . You'll then have to manually add them to your current playset in the launcher.

24 minutes ago, oxBrandxo said:

It works, but may cause unintended issues as it's not built for true compatibility.

To install them, extract the package contents in this folder: C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod . You'll then have to manually add them to your current playset in the launcher.

what issues might it cause?

1 hour ago, bobgasyon said:

what issues might it cause?

Hard to say. Any mod that isn't specifically updated to the most recent version/the version you're playing on could negatively affect any number of things. For me specifically, I have three outdated mods installed (being More Natural Hair Colors, Simple Shafts and Carnalitas trait modifier) and my barbershop is completely broken. Not game-breaking by any means, but very inconvenient.

It's up to you whether or not you want to try. All I can say is that technically yes, it does work, but your mileage may vary.

3 hours ago, ghost123 said:

How does the size traits work?

The OP explains here:

On 9/22/2020 at 12:25 AM, WaffleIron said:

If Carnalitas penis size traits are disabled, size can be adjusted in the ruler designer with the "Penis Size" slider under the "Body" menu.

If Carnalitas penis size traits are enabled, size can be adjusted using the appropriate traits, but the "Penis Size" slider will have no effect in-game.

Was there something specific you were wondering about?

25 minutes ago, ghost123 said:

Didnt seem to show anything different when I picked the traits in the ruler designer or does it only show after the game has started?

You probably didn't set the "Carnalitas: Body Part Traits" game rule to "Enabled". The traits will not affect size when set to "Disabled".

Note that while penis size traits will affect the ruler designer character model when "Enabled", breast size traits will only affect the character in-game. I've mentioned a workaround for this to the Carnalitas maintainers though.

3 hours ago, WaffleIron said:

You probably didn't set the "Carnalitas: Body Part Traits" game rule to "Enabled". The traits will not affect size when set to "Disabled".

Note that while penis size traits will affect the ruler designer character model when "Enabled", breast size traits will only affect the character in-game. I've mentioned a workaround for this to the Carnalitas maintainers though.

It doesn't make sense to set it as a special game rule when there's already a separate download just for the trait. If you've gone to the trouble of downloading it then it's just going to annoy people that have to switch it on. At least make on the default, that should be obvious.

1 hour ago, whateverdontcare said:

It doesn't make sense to set it as a special game rule when there's already a separate download just for the trait. If you've gone to the trouble of downloading it then it's just going to annoy people that have to switch it on. At least make on the default, that should be obvious.

I did not create this game rule; it is from Carnalitas, and like all Carnalitas rules it is off by default. The "Simple Shafts - Carnalitas" mod is just for compatibility, and as the OP explains, it acts differently whether the rule is on or off.