[mod] (Not So) Simple Shafts

5 hours ago, topgamer said:

Fanatic! Thank you!

Was there a plan to make it change size according to Carnalitas's dick size traits?

Wouldn't be too hard to make some size blendshapes. I think Carnalitas would just have to reference those attributes in the traits. I'll see what I can do.

1 hour ago, kaneeden said:

any chance for carnalitas futa trait support?

I could make a version for female characters, but I might have to use a different method. I'll look into it.

1 hour ago, WaffleIron said:

Wouldn't be too hard to make some size blendshapes. I think Carnalitas would just have to reference those attributes in the traits. I'll see what I can do.

I could make a version for female characters, but I might have to use a different method. I'll look into it.

Can't wait for the result~

4 hours ago, WaffleIron said:

Added in the necessary assets for genital size. This does nothing on its own, but other mods should be able to control it. When they do, it should look something like this:

Reveal hidden contents

size.gif.c01f5a1de5b9fa082022a9609efaf104.gif

Ok, I'll be the one to say it... can we have larger? ?

Brilliant work. Tested this and Simple Slits on my otherwise unmodded Ironman save, no problems at all.

Now my Adamite Kingdom of Ireland looks perfect!

One request... any way it can set size based on the DNA string, so that it becomes a heritable characteristic, like other body part parameters?

(Also, pubic hair would be awesome...)

Great work! Thanks a bunch!

I was wondering how to open the 3d models in Blender 2.9, so I thought I'd ask you - since you managed to make a mod(!): How did you export the 3d models? I'd love to try and make some cool stuff myself if I can. As mrinku put it: "pubic hair would be awesome"!

Keep up the good work!

8 hours ago, Ixum said:

Ok, I'll be the one to say it... can we have larger? ?

It doesn't have independent bones, so any larger and it starts to look weird from how stiff it is.

1 hour ago, mrinku said:

One request... any way it can set size based on the DNA string, so that it becomes a heritable characteristic, like other body part parameters?

(Also, pubic hair would be awesome...)

Size will have to be controlled by another mod, otherwise this mod will lose achievement compatibility (touching the gene file does that). There currently is some pubic hair on on this model based on the body hair character already has.

50 minutes ago, zBamsez said:

Great work! Thanks a bunch!

I was wondering how to open the 3d models in Blender 2.9, so I thought I'd ask you - since you managed to make a mod(!): How did you export the 3d models? I'd love to try and make some cool stuff myself if I can. As mrinku put it: "pubic hair would be awesome"!

Keep up the good work!

I use https://github.com/ross-g/io_pdx_mesh

It's pretty buggy, but just stable enough to be usable. It will often throw an error when saving a model, but I've found that if the error is the one that says:

Operator bpy.ops.object.select_all.poll() failed, context is incorrect

that if you save two times quickly, it still saves fine even with the error.

22 minutes ago, WaffleIron said:

It doesn't have independent bones, so any larger and it starts to look weird from how stiff it is.

Size will have to be controlled by another mod, otherwise this mod will lose achievement compatibility (touching the gene file does that). There currently is some pubic hair on on this model based on the body hair character already has.

It's pretty buggy, but just stable enough to be usable. It will often throw an error when saving a model, but I've found that if the error is the one that says:

Thanks!

I think you made a little copy-paste error in the attribute section of the asset. You have min there twice. I suspect one of them needs to be max (both in the attribute and the blend shape).

Edit:

Also if you wish to create a gene morph for it; you could use something like this:

Spoiler

@maleMin = -1.0
@maleMax = 1.0
@femaleMin = -0.8
@femaleMax = 0.8
@boyMin = -1.0
@boyMax = 1.0
@girlMin = -0.8
@girlMax = 0.8

morph_genes = {

gene_penis_size = {
	penis_avg = {
		index = 0 
		male = {}
		female = {} 
		boy = {}
		girl = {}
	}
	penis_max = { 
		index = 1 
		male = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_max"	value = { min = @maleMin max = @maleMax }	age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		female = {}
		boy = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_max"	value = { min = @boyMin max = @boyMax }   age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		girl = {}
	}
	penis_min = { 
		index = 2 
		male = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_min"	value = { min = @maleMin max = @maleMax }	age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		female = {}
		boy = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_min"	value = { min = @boyMin max = @boyMax }   age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		girl = {}
	}
}

gene_penis_testicles = {
	balls_default = {
		index = 0 
		male = {}
		female = {} 
		boy = {}
		girl = {}
	}
	penis_ball_size = { 
		index = 1
		male = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_no_testicles"	value = { min = @maleMin max = @maleMax }	age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		female = {} 
		boy = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_no_testicles"	value = { min = @boyMin max = @boyMax }   age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		girl = {}
	}
}

}

20 minutes ago, mrinku said:

So just reading the dna text breaks Ironman? My thought was not to change it in any way, but maybe set penis size from foot size or something. 

Ironman seems to be fine regardless of mods, but achievements seem to be disabled for any mod that touches the game\common folder. This mod only touches the game/gfx folder right now, but the gene file (where you would put the code TMPhoenix suggested above) is in common.

3 hours ago, TMPhoenix said:

Also if you wish to create a gene morph for it; you could use something like this:

Hide contents

@maleMin = -1.0
@maleMax = 1.0
@femaleMin = -0.8
@femaleMax = 0.8
@boyMin = -1.0
@boyMax = 1.0
@girlMin = -0.8
@girlMax = 0.8

morph_genes = {

gene_penis_size = {
	penis_avg = {
		index = 0 
		male = {}
		female = {} 
		boy = {}
		girl = {}
	}
	penis_max = { 
		index = 1 
		male = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_max"	value = { min = @maleMin max = @maleMax }	age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		female = {}
		boy = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_max"	value = { min = @boyMin max = @boyMax }   age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		girl = {}
	}
	penis_min = { 
		index = 2 
		male = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_min"	value = { min = @maleMin max = @maleMax }	age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		female = {}
		boy = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_min"	value = { min = @boyMin max = @boyMax }   age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		girl = {}
	}
}

gene_penis_testicles = {
	balls_default = {
		index = 0 
		male = {}
		female = {} 
		boy = {}
		girl = {}
	}
	penis_ball_size = { 
		index = 1
		male = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_no_testicles"	value = { min = @maleMin max = @maleMax }	age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		female = {} 
		boy = { 
			setting = { attribute = "bs_body_no_testicles"	value = { min = @boyMin max = @boyMax }   age = age_preset_child_features_wide_range } 
		}
		girl = {}
	}
}

}

Also, TMPhoenix, I'm not sure the gene_penis_testicles gene as you've outlined there would work very well. The blendshape you're using was something I quickly whipped up for eunuchs, and probably won't create a good range of sizes if applied to everyone. Also you don't need the "boy" blocks. The way I set up the mod, the new model is only applied to the adult model (the one selected on with "male"). The boy asset shouldn't even have those attributes (you might get errors in the log files about that).

Did some quick tests, came up with this:

Spoiler

image.png.ad38f3d8497bfff81a0bc82e7e61c8ff.png

image.png.5c31a4db477d1b7dcc7d2750be6dff88.pngimage.png.75ee5eca26539f91c58beb164b4ee0c1.pngimage.png.8fc62289515741505e36e0cac11e8850.png

With a little time it's possible to make an independent system for penis and scrotum size. I'm facing a problem, though, I don't know if it's just impossible or it's just my inexperience.

In theory, it would be possible to create a morph for different states for the penis: erect, flaccid; circumcised, castrated, etc. However, applying those morphs temporarily for a scene (in the case of erect/flaccid) would be very difficult since it wouldn't preserve penis size (having your genetic flaccid penis size, then being assigned a predefined erect size). My peanut brain is trying to tie penis size with traits, and in a scene the man should have his penis erect it would check the trait size, and give the temporary trait replacing with a properly sized erect morph. But it just sounds so complicated.

I'm not a graphical modder, so I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone. By the way, changing the common folder to add genes inevitable leads to a new checksum, so no ironman or achievements - for anyone who cares.

8 hours ago, WaffleIron said:

That error happens if you try to save with the Blender mode you can see vertices. To save without this error just disable the mode you can see the vertices. (Notice, saving with that error still creates a file, but the file will contain only the unaltered mesh).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1101cf31ee40b97f67737a84b714105c.png