[mod] (Not So) Simple Shafts

17 hours ago, MrMeargt said:

Oh, for that someone would need to create female body shapes for both bodies with vagina and bodies with penises. And I think all of them would need the same number of vertices (or maybe just each group). That's a lot of work. But once that's done, you could then just give a trait (like the Carnalitas futa trait) to activate the penis genes.

Do I need the original "simple shafts" mod or only yours?

22 hours ago, MrMeargt said:

Oh, for that someone would need to create female body shapes for both bodies with vagina and bodies with penises. And I think all of them would need the same number of vertices (or maybe just each group). That's a lot of work. But once that's done, you could then just give a trait (like the Carnalitas futa trait) to activate the penis genes.

Or perhaps just hide the penis inside the model.

UPDATE: I was looking through the files, I found out that animations can temporarily apply DNA morphs, meaning in theory you don't need an erection trait, just the animator adding a morph modify. I can't animate, so I don't know how to test (I did try).

7 hours ago, Emanresutwo said:

I was coming to this thread to request this very thing, amazing work! Thank you for sharing! I have experience modeling but not much with modding ck. In ck2 I did a map mod and that was it. It sounds like penis model is forever limited to the vertices of the original paradox nub, does that mean there currently isn't much hope to be able to change the appearance? (sorry for newb questions)

No, you're not limited by PDX's original design. You can make any body you want, as long the body you create and all your blendshapes have the same number of vertices. You could create a body with anime proportions, anthropomorphic characteristics, if you really want you could even create non-humanoid bodies, as long all blendshapes have the same proportion. The problem is that it would require LOTS of work, because depending on how many genes you might have to edit tens of meshes, and if you go for a less-human looking body, you have to tweak animations two, which is another beast.

6 hours ago, Nas00 said:

Do I need the original "simple shafts" mod or only yours?

If you want use my modification, you just need my file.

1 hour ago, kohakusora said:

@MrMeargt

the namespace used in events\scrotum_events.txt cause events not work properly

namespace = scrotum_event should be namespace = scrotum

because you use scrotum.xxxx as event id

I did away with that event. I just copied Carnalitas event, trigger and effects wholesale, adding the ball size trait. It works now. (Of course, if I were to upload it as a mod, no one else would be able to use it).

1 hour ago, jipad said:

Or perhaps just hide the penis inside the model.

I can't create models so I can't test that, but from what I gather that wouldn't work because the game would try to average the vagina mesh of the body type and other meshes and the one with the penis exposed, and it would look like a flat penis-shaped tumour growing out of roughly the crotch area.

9 hours ago, Walrus76 said:

I'm having this issue with both the Simple Slits and Simple Shafts mods where I get the Leaf shadow.  I've tried using one or the other and it happens either way.  Using the Female Nude Body mod does not have this problem.  Is anyone else having this problem?

As with Simple Slits, I've uploaded a new version with the invisible leaf model moved below the character's feet. Hopefully that helps.

1 hour ago, Kusoneko said:

I noticed the update contains a "simple_shaft_her.mod" file with an invalid path (aka an absolute path presumably on your computer) and no corresponding folder.

Whoops, good catch. I might also be working on a mod for women, yes. I've removed that one for now.

Thank you very much for the update. I also notice the asset file of version 1.2 are missing some attributes for scrotum (ball) size like before.

Is it related to the new "Added penis reference model".

I'm curious because I also "borrow" and apply the gene/morph part from MrMeargt to make the shafts varied between character : > 

5 hours ago, TWolves said:

Thank you very much for the update. I also notice the asset file of version 1.2 are missing some attributes for scrotum (ball) size like before.

Is it related to the new "Added penis reference model".

I'm curious because I also "borrow" and apply the gene/morph part from MrMeargt to make the shafts varied between character : > 

That's not part of WaffleIron's mod, it was just me doing some tweaks to test what is possible.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:17 AM, MrMeargt said:

That's not part of WaffleIron's mod, it was just me doing some tweaks to test what is possible.

Should it ever need to be updated? Or are the tweaks small enough that the scary red triangle should just be ignored? If it can be broken by ck3 updates, would you be willing to publish your own mod or maybe allow WaffleIron to add it to his as an option (assuming you're okay with something like this, Waffle). I just love what waffle shared with the community and your additions bring a substantial value for me. Thank you both for your work!

On 10/5/2020 at 8:38 AM, DeadSquirrel6 said:

Any way you plan to release your files, or maybe collaborate with Waffleiron on making these pictures you’ve posted available to play with? 

Soon enough I should post my edit, it should just only take placing the files on the same folder and adding some lines to body assets. I've been trying to teach myself how to model and paint textures.

I am trying to use the simple_shafts code in another mod. It works fine but in the barbershop I still get the fig-leaf. My error_log throws up the following issues:

Spoiler

Could not find blend shape "male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_bs_move_away" for attribute "bs_move_away" in entity "male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_entity"
[16:03:00][pdx_entity.cpp:2973]: Blend shape attributes shouldn't have non-zero default values, in: entity 'male_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_entity' attribute 'bs_move_away'
[16:03:00][pdx_entity.cpp:2973]: Blend shape attributes shouldn't have non-zero default values, in: entity 'female_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_entity' attribute 'bs_move_away'

Where can I find the blend_shape file

On 10/7/2020 at 1:11 PM, MrMeargt said:

Soon enough I should post my edit, it should just only take placing the files on the same folder and adding some lines to body assets. I've been trying to teach myself how to model and paint textures.

Great! I look forward to it. Those pictures are very enticing and I’m excited to see them in-game! Unfortunately I’m more useless than an idiot inbred heir when it comes to any of this stuff or I’d offer to help. 

Could someone point out to me which file(s) in this mod delete the fig leaf? I am trying to work out how the the system works (how the different files interact) and I am really confused.

The mod wiki is not very helpful at this stage. Any help would be much appreciated.