[mod] (Not So) Simple Shafts

On 2/9/2022 at 9:09 AM, Marluc said:

I think I may have fixed the issues, I couldn't test it properly yet but atleast the court room scene seems to work. I attached the two files I changed so you can test it yourself. Just replace the files in the mod disposabletemp posted.

For reference what I did was:

Include more changes from the original male_body.asset in the mod asset file (Some blendshapes entries are now additive animations) and one mesh missed the ss_ prefix. This already fixed the texture stretching bug but the ruler was still not sitting on the throne in the court room.

For the mesh file I used blender and the io_pdx_mesh plugin to load the original male_bode.mesh but in the settings I disabled the "import mesh" checkbox, loaded the mod mesh with import mesh activated and then just saved the mesh as the new ss_male_body.mesh. The problem I think was that the new mesh includes two locaters which the mod mesh did not have.

male_body.asset 121.95 kB · 325 downloads ss_male_body.mesh 336.64 kB · 309 downloads

After adding these files, the ruler is still not sitting down, but standing inside the throne. What am I missing?

On 2/10/2022 at 2:54 AM, y_sengaku said:

After the update and with disposabletemp and Marluc's patch, I have to turn Simple Shafts - Carnalitas add-on off in order to avoid the immediate CTD once click the character (to open the basic status window) in the game. As long as that add-on is off, the game seems to be stable.

Does anyone have a similar glitch?

Simple shafts Carn crashes the game for me as well when I click on any ruler on game start. Needs to be updated I suppose.

EDIT: I edited simple_shafts_carn.mod and descriptor.mod inside the folder to supported version 1.5.* (instead of 1.2.*) and it doesn't crash the game for me anymore. Ruler is sitting on the throne, no graphical glitches for me. I used disposabletemp updated mod and then overwrite 2 files provided by Marluc with the correct load order and everything works fine. 

Carnalitis

Simple Slits

Simple Shafts

Simple Shafts - Carn

What I am having issue with is that the body parts don't scale according to Carnalitis' traits, they stay the same size no matter if it is super small or gigantic.

@blitz8529@Changeling518 @Boba Fettand other asking, the Penis Size slider is part of the simple_shafts_carn mod, you only had to go to the first page and read it. You can get it to work with Royal court, the only thing needs updating is editing the supported version number which I said above.

Edited by Gagi114

If you follow @Gagi114 and the you replace the file provided by sss1sss11 (6th post in page 6) Then Simple Shafts does recongnize Carnalitas' traits, be aware that small penises will only show if Game Rules are set for them to be undesirable and even then only after starting the game.

With my limited experience with modding this game I'm unsure if we'd have to add the traits (dick_small_good_1,dick_small_good_2,dick_small_good_3) with an OR or another line "traits = { dick_small_good_3 }" into 02_penis.txt file for the traits to show before game start. In any case it seems that with available resources the mod its fully functioning 

6 hours ago, Gagi114 said:

EDIT: I edited simple_shafts_carn.mod and descriptor.mod inside the folder to supported version 1.5.* (instead of 1.2.*) and it doesn't crash the game for me anymore. Ruler is sitting on the throne, no graphical glitches for me. I used disposabletemp updated mod and then overwrite 2 files provided by Marluc with the correct load order and everything works fine. 

I'm not sure if a simple edit of a descriptor file would be enough, but syncing 00_ethnicities_templates.txt file with its v1.5.0.1 stock version does the trick for me. Place into simple_shafts_carn\common\ethnicities.

Of course, there's always a possibility other mod overrides this file.

00_ethnicities_templates.txt

16 hours ago, Nox_eternal said:

After adding these files, the ruler is still not sitting down, but standing inside the throne. What am I missing?

For anyone else who may have the same issue as I did, this was caused by a mod using an outdated version of the animations.txt file under portrait_animations. I took a copy of the new 1.5 version of this file, added in the changes form that mod, and my ruler (and their spouse) is now sitting down.

14 minutes ago, Changeling518 said:

Tried it, can't figure out how to edit the version compatibility because they're apparently only playable as video files, which obviously doesn't work.

you can open (or try) pretty much anything in windows with notepad, right-click --> open with --> if you don't see notepad immediately there, click "choose another app"

Thanks for the files here. For me it is now... mostly working. And since nobody has posted this particular issue yet, I'll do it.

My current (female) characters husband is properly sitting down. The problem is rather than sitting on his (Indian style) throne, he is sitting on the floor pretty much in the center between the four display pedastals.

Anyone got a clue what's going on here?

As to my setup, I run Carnalitas.

For simple shafts I have first the RC version in my load order and below it the Simple Shafts - Carn (from the 2.0 version) with the ethnicities tempalte file replaced with the one from sh1ny. Those two are at the very bottom of my mod order, so nothing is overriding them.

4 hours ago, quwazar said:

I'm very much lost on all the different mods and files to add inside those mods. for simple shafts to work with 1.5.0.1 Would anybody kindly post a zipfile with all mods to make it "mostly" work, as well as the load order? That would be so amazing! Thanks a lot people! :)

If you are nor running Canalitas, just use the RC pack (simple_shafts_rc.zip) posted on the previous page by disposabletemp.

If you use Carnalitas, read my previous post and look at the last paragraph.

I did everything I had seen in previous post but my male character just have the normal leaf even though I have the mod turned on also I don’t know if this is related but all of the babies have become gigantic except for there head which have stayed normal though that might have been me messing something up while trying to get the mods to work.

3 hours ago, knight1550 said:

Any idea why, with only this mod and barbershop, I got stick boy? I've tried all mods off, with only this and barbershop, and get the spindly arms, but without the Shaft mod, arms are fine.

Try undressing a male character using the "Undress" mod found in the Workshop in the meantime.

Hello people! I've made a zip with simple slits and shafts. It seems to be working for me, but I'm not sure the penis traits affect the actual size. you can still use the slider in the designer though.

ZIP file with simple slits, simple shaft 2.0.0 and update meshes and ethnicities, as well as carn and shafts for her: simple_slite_and_shafts-2.0.1.zip

Edited by -Camille-
more info on the zip file
7 hours ago, -Camille- said:

Hello people! I've made a zip with simple slits and shafts. It seems to be working for me, but I'm not sure the penis traits affect the actual size. you can still use the slider in the designer though.

ZIP file with simple slits, simple shaft 2.0.0 and update meshes and ethnicities, as well as carn and shafts for her: simple_slite_and_shafts-2.0.1.zip

Descriptor path no work

8 hours ago, -Camille- said:

.mod file path is incorrect, it will only work for your PC. Needs to be edited manually for everyone else who downloads it.

Simple Shafts Carn and Simple Shafts for Her have 1.2.* as supported versions wo will give a yellow exclamation mark, needs to be edited (from 2 to 5).

Will have to test them later on to see if they work and scale or crash the game before you can even make a new character.

13 hours ago, Gagi114 said:

.mod file path is incorrect, it will only work for your PC. Needs to be edited manually for everyone else who downloads it.

Simple Shafts Carn and Simple Shafts for Her have 1.2.* as supported versions wo will give a yellow exclamation mark, needs to be edited (from 2 to 5).

Will have to test them later on to see if they work and scale or crash the game before you can even make a new character.

I have update the descriptors with the proper version and path. It should work now, thanks for the feedback! :) I have tried creating a new character and used the slider on my machine without crash, but I'd love a confirmation! :)

simple_slits_and_shafts-2.0.2.zip

Edited by -Camille-
wrong file URL placement
On 2/16/2022 at 8:21 AM, -Camille- said:

I have update the descriptors with the proper version and path. It should work now, thanks for the feedback! :) I have tried creating a new character and used the slider on my machine without crash, but I'd love a confirmation! :)

simple_slits_and_shafts-2.0.2.zip

@-Camille- I can definitely confirm that your 2.0.2 compilation file does indeed work for me simultaneously with my some 50 other mods, and it gives me much Happy to be able to use the mod again! Thank You to everybody who worked on getting this to work with RC! The change does not seem to be as drastic to me as the old pre-RC version, but nonetheless it is a welcome addition to SS (and CK3) for me! Cheers

This works well, with my thanks to the patchers, except that because of the changes to the way body fat works, historical and easter egg characters created with body_shape_average_clothed or bust_clothes genes—and more prominently with both—have some… strange effects. (This is Beau Welch, a courtier of the Holy Roman Emperor in 1066.)

This can be fixed by modifying the DNA, but interestingly, female characters aren't affected by the changes to Simple Slits, so I feel there must be something wrong with the male character model causing this, so I figured I'd bring it up here in case anyone has any ideas on how to fix it.

11 hours ago, Borkhendi said:

I was able to slide the bar from almost nothing to a huge d, but I somehow changed the load order or updated the mods and it is not possible anymore, does anybody know how to get it back to work? 

Do you use phyical attributes? Might be that?