Sounds indeed great! I'm not too sure if SLSF as hard requirement is the best idea.... i always wanted a mod using it more, but now there are several with some kind of reputation system on their own that do a lot more than simply that. Wouldn't totally oppose it either but it is an additional .esp that might be unecessary.

I'd definitly have a look at SL Survival, i think this one can blend in amazingly or glitch out, depends on how things work i guess. I'm sure Monoman can give you some advice how to do stuff in general and how to ensure compatibility with his mod specifically. Kinda similar for Devious Followers Continued and Lupine who has some general advice how to create scenes and quests in a fail safe way in his blog. Or maybe rather a how-not-to-do-it. Here, some other stuff might be intresting for you as well. Likely up to give more specific advice if you're struggling with something too.

*edit: In case you don't know either, i could give you some clues which conflicts or collaborations are possible:
SLS: there are guards at the gates that perform a check if you fit the requirements (you can buy licences, without these you aren't allowed armor/weapons/magic,...), prevent you from leaving under certain circumstances, like paying a toll, if you have a follower,... and if you don't, the gates are locked at master level. If you're going to lock the gates as well, that could obiously conflict, but on the other hand a collaboration could be very immersive.
There is a lot more but that's the most obvious example.

DFC: Followers are not easily to dismiss and aren't supposed to, which could make some scenes complicated or unrealistic. On the other hand i think it wouldn't be too hard to make it believable that your follower is totally fine with you beeing forced to prostitute with a little bit of awareness of them. 
More specifically you have to pay your follower regularly, or accept deals. For the most obvious example of potential conflict/collab one of these deals is to wear whore clothes. Many others require you to wear devious devices, but it doesn't care if it's a specific one. That way you don't get added debt after debt because you're trapped in a specific collar, an approach i like a lot because it ensures compatibility with many other mods without losing it's theme. 

@Nazzzgul666 it should be pretty easy to remove the SLSF dependence part technically, so you have a good point there. Then it’s just a matter of building a simplified system that’d send the player to unenforced contained within the mod. 

SL Survival and DF are mods I want to eventually have some kind of interaction with, and should probably build for sooner rather than later I would guess, so I’ll take a look at the links you sent later tonight when I can work on it again.

Thanks for the advice and recommendations, always helpful right now.

21 hours ago, Visio Diaboli said:

gaining a high enough SLSF fame

OH! SLSF gets some more love!

It's one of those underrated mods. I use it constantly for DEC vulnerability and SRR comments.

SLS also connects to it, although only minimal by rising Slut status in certain situations, which would already indirectly boost your mod idea.

Sluts Tattoos are also registered by SLSF and can boost any whore related fame.

SLSF fame can get really dangerous with DEC.

5 hours ago, Visio Diaboli said:

@Nazzzgul666 it should be pretty easy to remove the SLSF dependence part technically, so you have a good point there. Then it’s just a matter of building a simplified system that’d send the player to unenforced contained within the mod. 

SL Survival and DF are mods I want to eventually have some kind of interaction with, and should probably build for sooner rather than later I would guess, so I’ll take a look at the links you sent later tonight when I can work on it again.

Thanks for the advice and recommendations, always helpful right now.

I'm a bit drawn back and forth if i want SLSF or not, ideally it would be done as a soft requirement and support it if installed, but work fine if not. If that's not possible... i really don't know. Let's put it that way: If you add your own comments part or maybe take the one from Slaverun reloaded and extend it, i'm all up for it. I'm never get tired of more humilating comments. Definitly not a high priority, i wouldn't do that until you're done with pretty much everything else, but still for me it would make the difference if i'd see SLSF as that useful or not.

For the most part I like SLSF, but I don't know if the initial triggering of this mod should be depended on SLSF or any kind of fame status in general. I picture it more of a quest or event like initialization.

I can envision SLSF playing a hand in pushing the PC further down the road of whoredom however.

The introduction of this mod sounds somewhat familiar to Slaverun, which isn't an issue on it own, in fact maybe it can lean into it a little more minus the extreme.

PC tries to enter a city which inherently offers various kinds of goods and services. With the assumption of PC not being a citizen she is asked to essentially pay up or what have you.

To be more adventurous it might be possible for PC to enter the city but shops and services usage will be lock until PC has proven herself to be useful to the city.

I am unsure about being trap inside a city however from a pure gameplay perspective.

I also don't know about singling out PC to be the town's only attraction. Besides followers should be involve, Dragonborn status is somewhat story depended for what it is worth at this day and age, plus it would also be interesting to see other "travelers" having to become a public whore as part of the backdrop.

@afa True, I know a lot of people, even I sometimes, dislike playing as TLB, so I don’t want it to be based off of the premise that the PC is. Most likely I’ll release without any kind of quest references and add conditional dialogue for them in future versions.

As for initialization... I’ll need to figure out a non-SLSF way already. A quest could be doable but I don’t think it’ll be very complex at first, maybe to be expanded upon later. I think having a couple configurable starts couldn’t hurt.

Non-player city whores is an interesting idea, I may put it in the To-Do list. 

On 8/15/2020 at 3:55 PM, Nazzzgul666 said:

*edit: In case you don't know either, i could give you some clues which conflicts or collaborations are possible:
SLS: there are guards at the gates that perform a check if you fit the requirements (you can buy licences, without these you aren't allowed armor/weapons/magic,...), prevent you from leaving under certain circumstances, like paying a toll, if you have a follower,... and if you don't, the gates are locked at master level. If you're going to lock the gates as well, that could obiously conflict, but on the other hand a collaboration could be very immersive.
There is a lot more but that's the most obvious example.

DFC: Followers are not easily to dismiss and aren't supposed to, which could make some scenes complicated or unrealistic. On the other hand i think it wouldn't be too hard to make it believable that your follower is totally fine with you beeing forced to prostitute with a little bit of awareness of them. 
More specifically you have to pay your follower regularly, or accept deals. For the most obvious example of potential conflict/collab one of these deals is to wear whore clothes. Many others require you to wear devious devices, but it doesn't care if it's a specific one. That way you don't get added debt after debt because you're trapped in a specific collar, an approach i like a lot because it ensures compatibility with many other mods without losing it's theme. 

As for keeping the player in the city, I don't think I'll mess with the city gates via my own function. If there's a way to send a 'keep the gates locked' event or something to SLS then I'll probably try to do that, but otherwise it'll probably just be some effect on the collar (that switches to whatever collar you're wearing somehow).

One idea I had for DFC was based off of the previous thread, where someone suggested that I add NPC->follower content. Maybe a toggle for DFC where you can get your follower to have sex with a client in your stead, at the cost of not receiving payment, and adding more debt. Or perhaps if you're already in debt then the follower would take your gold and prolong your duty as city whore.

Edit: It was afa who suggested the follower interactions, I thought that un was familiar.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:20 AM, Visio Diaboli said:

Does anyone know how/if DDi can be a soft dependency? I've been working on collaring the player in a global function as per this: https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/10593-soft-dependencies-without-pain/, which I can make work if I know which collar is being equipped, but throws a DDi error for some reason when I try to grab a random device with that mod.

Hmmm... not sure if that's possible, but certainly something you could ask Kimy about. Despite imho it does have flaws that won't be changed, i wouldn't mind DDi beeing a hard requirement. I'm wondering more about another thing, though... if i got that right, you want to switch collars so it's one with your effect? That would work for generics, but probably not for special collars added by other mods like DCLs rubber doll collar or the likes. 

I assume if you ask Monoman he simply could add an event like the one you requested, relying on that entirely though again can be a problem or an opportunity. SLS recommends mods that adds additional entrances to cities, for that reason i've tried the Skewers mod which seems fine. SLS has a way to deal with that, sending guards to look for you if you leave the city this way and punishment if you're detected after coming back. I could imagine an event hook here as well but it would definitly be quite some effort. I kinda feel bad for bringing up so much potential problems... actually i'd definitly prefer it if you finish a version that doesn't necessarily cover all options.^^ It would be something to think about in v..3 or so. ;)

SLSF alternative... hm. One idea would be some of alternative pay crime & sex version, where you have to work of small bounties as the city whore. Higher boutnies could still be handled by prison mods, ideally configurable in an MCM. The more i think about it, the more i do like the SLSF version, though. It makes sure cities handle stuff individually which isn't that easy otherwise, it doesn't require you to check for all the other potential prostitution mods and belnds in nicely. The only alternative i could think about rn would be to either skip the unenforced part if not installed, or starting it via dialogue like you already suggested.
I'd imagine it like thtat: SLSF installed: you get a letter from a courier (or force greet from guard?) to talk to the Jarl/steward/court mage or something like that, mentioning your reputation maybe?
Without: you can talk to the same people anyways and start it.

That should be easy enough i think, i'm not sure how... unenforced exactly it's supposed to be. For my personal taste, i'd like it if you can refuse in either case, but if your fame is high enough, the dialogue should go something like that:
PC: "Whoring for the city? I'm not a whore! I'm an adventurer!"
Stewart: "Adventurer? In that case you find treasures, right? That makes X gold in taxes then."
Option 1: PC: "Ok fine. Here." -> you successfully opted out.
Option 2: PC: "I can't afford that much..." 
Option 2: Stewart : "Then maybe you'll be a better whore than an adventurer?" -> Not sure if an additional option for a naughty answer should lead to enforced immediatly, but in either case you'll end as prostitute.

DFC: I'm not a fan of the follower whoring by default, thanks to ToH and submissive Lola i do have options for dominant followers now where that wouldn't make any sense. I could imagine a MCM toggle like in SL solutions where you can check if your follower does it if gender fits, otherwise... talking with Lupine might give you the opportunity to trigger the whore deal, making your follower your pimp. For DF i'd definitly prefer that, without it i guess the option to involve followers would be fine.

For non-PC whores in general... would be some effort but imho worth it if properly done: If you are summoned by courier or the likes via SLSF, it could be more than just you, resulting in a scene where other females get the same... "offer". Paying taxes or become a whore. If they can afford it can be scripted, or depending on their actualy gold in inventory, or their state. Ysolda for example can have different outcomes depending on the quests you did for her, if she has her own shop,.. but that might be more work than it's worth, the same outcome either way would be fine by me.^^ Maybe check their SL stats and simply accept instead of complaining would be an option as well.

The biggest issue with SLSF i actually see (besides an additional .esp, but i personally can live with that): Your reputation is likely never to go down that way, and i'd like it if beeing summoned would be something that happens more than once. I could imagine it becoming something that depends on your specific reputation. I.e. you've got some rep for wearing devices? Become a showcase, walk around the city and earn gold for the city by showing off. Maybe you can find a dance or two you can include, or use something like Gunslingers or Rohzimas animated poses. Reputation for sleeping around? Whore. Both? Bondage whore. Tattoes? Showcase again, maybe with combinations. Public masturbation and bestiality? Give a show. And using all the stats instead of just the overall reputation would totally justify SLSF as a requirement. Otherwise you could simply use SL stats or so.

The latter again brings me to something i wanted for a long time already. There is this mod adding festivities on certain dates in certain places. I don't think you should make it a requirement although the assets would be nice, but essentially... i'd like a lewd version of that. My suggestion would be that, once you have been a whore in a city, you'll get a letter that you have to be there on [day] (doesn't have to be the immersive one like in the mod), everybody celebrates and drinks... except you (and maybe some fellow whores) who are some kind of attraction. Getting fucked, maybe, but also some more or less unique scenes. How far it goes might depend on your rep and if you're enforced or not, but a show with creatures is something i could imagine very well here, if you want to do something like that.

*Edit: i'm not sure what TLB means but if i get it correctly that you don't always chars who like to fuck around... i wouldn't be worried about that. Most likely, this won't be the only mod installed that has the ability to trigger sex in public. Or add tattoes. Or devices. I wouldn't mind at all if you rely entirely on other mods that do so to trigger yours over time, and otherwise a dialogue to somebody at court to start it voluntariy should cover everything.

@Nazzzgul666 Oh oops I meant LDB as in last dragonborn but somehow wrote TLB instead.

But yea these are all pretty useful suggestions. I think my first step is to figure out DD dependency, and if it needs to be a hard dependency that wouldn’t be terrible, there’ll still be a toggle incase anyone doesn’t necessarily use DD. 

Right now a guard approaches the player and tries to get them to follow them to the supervisor npc. If the player accepts it does a scene that auto-paths (which can get real buggy sometimes so I also need to add a killswitch/time limit) the player following the guard to the supervisor, and starts the ‘introduction’ dialogue. Refusal is currently unhandled, with the guard just mentioning that the Jarl won’t be happy. Adding a bounty for trying to avoid being brought in would be ideal, but currently I’m unsure if that would be easier than just adding my own form of non-cooperation handling. 

I suspect on release it will just have an ‘overall SLSF’ mechanism, and then I’ll add in handling for specific fame values that don’t necessarily change the core gameplay loop but might determine what extra content the PC is subjected to.

I know I didn’t necessarily respond to everything but mostly because I think I’m gonna be occupied with the things I did mention for a while, and beyond that it’ll probably be easiest to hold off on specifics for them until I’m in a place to work on them. I look over previous comments pretty frequently though so I should eventually return to them.

18 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

But yea these are all pretty useful suggestions.

Thanks! Happy to be helpful, in some kind. :)

Right now a guard approaches the player and tries to get them to follow them to the supervisor npc. If the player accepts it does a scene that auto-paths (which can get real buggy sometimes so I also need to add a killswitch/time limit) the player following the guard to the supervisor, and starts the ‘introduction’ dialogue. Refusal is currently unhandled, with the guard just mentioning that the Jarl won’t be happy. Adding a bounty for trying to avoid being brought in would be ideal, but currently I’m unsure if that would be easier than just adding my own form of non-cooperation handling. 

You could have a look at prison overhauls auto pathing, currently it counts as state of the art in that regard. Imho... unecessary, though. As long as you don't plan anything fancy like the supervisor giving a speech or showcase you to the town, honestly i'd rather fade to black, then simply load the cell you're supposed to be in. Less problematic and annoying for both players and you, maybe with a little pop-up telling you how the way was if you still wanna add something.

Bounty for refusing... definitly an option, although much less ideal if having a bounty is one way to get you into prostitution. I wouldn't do both at least, not that much because it technically could create a loop (athough that would have to be dealth with as well) but it wouldn't sound right to me.

As a middle way that is up for additional content later if you find the time, maybe give the player X time to pay the "taxes", if PC doesn't get back in time to pay them it'll be added as bounty.

Later you could give options for "alternative services" instead of paying the tax/becomeing a whore if you want to, be it the personal plaything for the stewart (with a chance/guaranteed betrayel?) or attend to special events or something like that.

I suspect on release it will just have an ‘overall SLSF’ mechanism, and then I’ll add in handling for specific fame values that don’t necessarily change the core gameplay loop but might determine what extra content the PC is subjected to.

ACK, with the minor change maybe that tats aren't part of the core gameplay? I wouldn't mind it in general, i just thought it also could be something for a specific handler. Probably not too hard to change afterwards either way, though.

My formatting is gonna be a bit suboptimal bc I’m using mobile but the thought behind the auto-path scene was that it would allow npcs to comment while the player was being taken in, but between what a pain it’s been to implement and being able to add in comments after the fact, it’s tempting to just scratch it for now.

What you pointed out is one of the main problems with using the vanilla bounty system: the player shouldn’t be made the city whore for robbing a market stall imo, so I’ll need to look into that a bit.

As for the SlaveTats the way I wanted to do it was add my own packaged with the mod (or maybe in an optional file or fomod, though I think theoretically I can package them and still have SlaveTats as a soft dependency), that simply say “Property of <City>” or something to that effect, announcing the player’s title, and get added while you’re the whore of that city. That’d be a toggle in preferences, and then possibly the more specific ones like slut/slave/submissive etc dependent on fame.

NPC comments sound nice, but i'd think that shouldn't be too hard to change afterwards. Otherwise i'm not sure if Inte released source code for POP but i know several modders checked what was done there and used it as well, in case of doubt you could always ask him for some help with it, i'm confident he'd share his knowledge. :)

I'm not sure if it's the vanilla system or something modders added, or if it'd even be relevant in this case. Several mods have an option to set a minimum bounty for <action>. I wouldn't mind getting the unenforced  whore part for stealing an apple, by doing so you've already proven you're not well behaved and at least my games are very misogynistic. ;) But if it worries you, you could still set the minimum to 120 or so which means you'd have to be caught with 3 minor crimes, as default for one is 40. I'm pretty sure a maximum would be possible too, so prison mods and stuff can deal with murdering half the city instead. SLS has at least a minimum so you'll get evicted from your home above, again... in case of doubt, ask. Loverslab has the most friendly community i've found on the internet and generally people are really helpful, especially when people like you decide to make something on their own. I'm pretty sure nobody would turn you down for asking when you struggle with something specific. :)

And aye, shouldn't be a problem to just add your package and your approach sounds good to me. One idea i have is... compatibility with fade tatooes, so instead of magically disappearing when your duty is done it'd fade over time and your duty end when it's gone. But that would be a very unimportant thing and totally at the very end of your to-do list. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Not trying to hurry you, just curious if you're ok/things are going well? I'd really hate it if i somehow killed that project by giving you too much on the table and you're burned out already xD

I should be all good still, although indeed I have temporarily paused; I think about the 31st or so was the last time I worked on it. College just started up again and I'm not in a routine I'm at ease in yet in general so it's hard to find windows where I have both the time and focus to make significant headway.

I believe the last things I was doing were SLSF integration and a few configurable options like required nudity level and whether the player's city whore status should carry over to all cities.  Most of that is good to go except that SLSF needs some polishing; I'm not sure exactly the best way to calculate when the player should be initially greeted by a guard based on their reputation. I'll probably work that out over the course of play-testing and experimenting in my own game with how fast SLSF stacks up. I think the next step will be finally adding some kind of punishment metric since it's been on my TODO basically since starting the project, and since the absence of one is starting to make other areas of development harder.

I should have a chance to work on it tomorrow, which I will make myself do assuming nothing drastically unexpected happens. Once I polish up the dialogue and MCM I'll try to get some screenshots up, preferably relatively soon so that other people can proof-read and suggest things that might be missing.

The beginning of a punishment system is implemented, and guards now monitor the player for proper nudity and restraints (just collar until I add in higher tiers of restraint requirements). Once a guard sees that rules are being broken they'll forcegreet and attempt to strip and restrain the player once more, and then add a configurable amount to the player's 'punishment score' (unless they're successfully bribed via sex or gold).

I've added refusal dialogue to npc approaches as well, which also contributes to the punishment score.

Assuming I continue the way I have been, the way punishment score will work is that at certain threshold multiples, you become due for a punishment associated with that threshold.

Current planned punishments are: extension of services, light and heavy torture (ZaZ-device-type torture), public mass rape (with extra creature participants if that's enabled), and execution (toggle-able for those who don't want it).

So for example, if the thresholds for each punishment are:

-Service extension: 100

-Light torture: 200

-Heavy torture: 300

-Execution: 400

Then once your punishment score reaches 100 (so after about 3 refusals or instances of rule breaking by default, though this is configurable), the amount you have to make or time you have to remain as the city whore will be extended. Then at 200, you'll be taken in for light torture for hitting the 200 threshold, AND your service will be prolonged for also hitting the 100 threshold.

If anyone has suggestions as to something I should do differently or add here let me know, I'm still early on in constructing this so conceptual things like that are the easiest to fix now.

1 hour ago, Visio Diaboli said:

If anyone has suggestions as to something I should do differently or add here let me know, I'm still early on in constructing this so conceptual things like that are the easiest to fix now.

What you're doing looks very promising and i have a quick question. Can there be a link between this and Simple Slavery? Like, an extra scenario where the events of this mod can start through Simple Slavery?

17 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

What you're doing looks very promising and i have a quick question. Can there be a link between this and Simple Slavery? Like, an extra scenario where the events of this mod can start through Simple Slavery?

That's definitely the plan once I'm further along. Simple Slavery will probably start the enforced mode, since being sold as a slave probably warrants also being forced to stay completely on-duty until service is completed. I'd need HexBolt8 to actually hard-code an event into SS++ for an introduction like that, who's already given me some advice on how to best build for it. Now it's just a matter of getting a working version and then I'll ask if that could be done.

1 hour ago, Visio Diaboli said:

That's definitely the plan once I'm further along. Simple Slavery will probably start the enforced mode, since being sold as a slave probably warrants also being forced to stay completely on-duty until service is completed. I'd need HexBolt8 to actually hard-code an event into SS++ for an introduction like that, who's already given me some advice on how to best build for it. Now it's just a matter of getting a working version and then I'll ask if that could be done.

Alright cool. I'll be keeping a close eye on this. Good luck.

34 minutes ago, Sidewasy said:

Will the punishment scores decay with time?

I figure every time the player does their job without issue (i.e. an npcs approaches for sex and they accept, or by offering sex to an npc) it'll go down a small amount. Then if the player has already met the quota for that week or day and continues to work, it'll go down by a larger amount.

Possibly with some bonus every day or week or something that the player doesn't refuse sex or break any rules.

Recent work has included general bug fixes/optimizations and the further preparation of the punishment system. Pretty soon I should be able to start writing the punishment scenes and have them activated more or less how I described it previously; if anyone wants specific torture scenes let me know because I could do with some inspiration writing those.

I'm considering (probably for a future update) a version of the torture scenes where a wizard is brought in to use illusion magic to make the player more compliant. But that could just be my personal taste for hypnosis/mind-break, so I'll leave the idea here and if it catches on I'll add it earlier, if not it'll be a relatively low priority.

I don't always know what to include in updates because I don't think a lot of my breakthroughs would make very much sense for non-modders, but rest assured I'm making steady progress. I would roughly estimate this at 50-60% of a first release.

8 hours ago, Visio Diaboli said:

Recent work has included general bug fixes/optimizations and the further preparation of the punishment system. Pretty soon I should be able to start writing the punishment scenes and have them activated more or less how I described it previously; if anyone wants specific torture scenes let me know because I could do with some inspiration writing those.

I'm considering (probably for a future update) a version of the torture scenes where a wizard is brought in to use illusion magic to make the player more compliant. But that could just be my personal taste for hypnosis/mind-break, so I'll leave the idea here and if it catches on I'll add it earlier, if not it'll be a relatively low priority.

I don't always know what to include in updates because I don't think a lot of my breakthroughs would make very much sense for non-modders, but rest assured I'm making steady progress. I would roughly estimate this at 50-60% of a first release.

This is great news, I am very happy to follow your progress on this MOD. I'm really looking forward to trying MOD.

The possibility of punishments is a very interesting benefit.  Execution in particular, but I would greatly appreciate it if you added the possibility of non-fatal execution.

Fake execution just as a warning.

I mean, for example, hanging like in "Pama´s Interactive Gallows 2.0." Here the victim is hanged for some time, but in the end is released and no death occurs.

Or use a percentage possibility that the execution may be real or fake. So the player could not be sure if his character would die or survive this punishment.

Of course, before the execution (real or fake), the player's character will be raped by guards in public in front of the gallows ?

Another interesting MOD used to punish is "Pama´s Interactive Beatup Module 2.6"

It's just such an idea, it's up to you.