1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

The one outcome is all that the author of Dark Arena requested.  You could probably work around the problem by turning off Dark Arena as a Simple Slavery destination while you're playing Dark Arena.

I think I'll disable Defeat while in the Dark Arena instead, but thank you for helping and your great mod! ?

12 minutes ago, Stibidibapbap said:

Well after a few tries and reinstalls it won't work either.

If this mod wasn't one of the mods that you tried reinstalling, it's worthwhile to do that.  Reinstalling this mod has gotten things going for some players who've had mysterious problems with it.

Most often, the problem with the auction not appearing to start is the absence of Fuz Ro D-oh (or using an older version of it).  In reality, the auction is proceeding but without Fuz Ro D-oh you can't see the words.  The auction will take a couple of minutes.  If you wait several minutes and suddenly the auction is over, the problem is with Fuz Ro D-oh (not installed properly or being interfered with).  Note that if you're wearing devious devices, it takes time to equip each of them.  That adds to the time that you're on the auction platform, but you should see the devices disappearing one by one).

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

If this mod wasn't one of the mods that you tried reinstalling, it's worthwhile to do that.  Reinstalling this mod has gotten things going for some players who've had mysterious problems with it.

Most often, the problem with the auction not appearing to start is the absence of Fuz Ro D-oh (or using an older version of it).  In reality, the auction is proceeding but without Fuz Ro D-oh you can't see the words.  The auction will take a couple of minutes.  If you wait several minutes and suddenly the auction is over, the problem is with Fuz Ro D-oh (not installed properly or being interfered with).  Note that if you're wearing devious devices, it takes time to equip each of them.  That adds to the time that you're on the auction platform, but you should see the devices disappearing one by one).

Well...

Ican't make it work.

I've tried a few other things but nearly corrupted all my saves doing it.

Looks like I won't be able to enjoy your mod for now.

Thanks again for your replies

6 hours ago, Stibidibapbap said:

Well...

Ican't make it work.

I've tried a few other things but nearly corrupted all my saves doing it.

Looks like I won't be able to enjoy your mod for now.

Thanks again for your replies

Try it on a brand new game. Your saves may already be corrupted, especially if you are in the habit of adding or subtracting mods on saved games, as appears to be the case.

While tracking down some stability issues I noticed a few "incorrect" textures in SSPP. The textures in coco\cwmap all have resolutions Skyrim SE doesn't like. Skyrim SE wants all textures in a 2^X * 2^X size. So 256*256, 512*512, 1024*1024, etc are all good. Texture resolution that isn't 2^X can crash the game. Having a quick look in the creation kit, the textures are actually used in a few places.

2 hours ago, caqa said:

The textures in coco\cwmap all have resolutions Skyrim SE doesn't like.

I just build the LE version, and fortunately LE isn't so picky about texture file dimensions.  @Herowynne graciously handles the SE conversion and will probably be interested if you can list the suspect textures.

4 hours ago, caqa said:

While tracking down some stability issues I noticed a few "incorrect" textures in SSPP. The textures in coco\cwmap all have resolutions Skyrim SE doesn't like. Skyrim SE wants all textures in a 2^X * 2^X size. So 256*256, 512*512, 1024*1024, etc are all good. Texture resolution that isn't 2^X can crash the game. Having a quick look in the creation kit, the textures are actually used in a few places.

While certain textures can cause CTD in SE, it is not true that SE can only use square textures.

As far as I know, the textures included with the SE version of SS++ are all okay for SE.

5 hours ago, Herowynne said:

While certain textures can cause CTD in SE, it is not true that SE can only use square textures.

As far as I know, the textures included with the SE version of SS++ are all okay for SE.

It's true that square textures aren't needed, something like 256*512 is fine. But SE doesn't handle textures resolutions that aren't 2^X well.

4 hours ago, caqa said:

But SE doesn't handle textures resolutions that aren't 2^X well.

That is not true in general for SE. That is only true for certain textures.

The actual issue is that some image compression schemes require the x and y texture resolutions to be a multiple of 4.

While LE would gracefully accommodate a texture file that violated that requirement, SE enforces that requirement, and SE will CTD if you try to use a texture file whose compression algorithm requires resolution to be a multiple of 4, but the x or y resolution is not a multiple of 4.

I have checked the textures provided by SS++, and as far as I know, they are all okay for SE.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:11 PM, Fienyx said:

For any VR users who are having an issue where they get chained on the auction block, but the auction doesn't start, get the voice files from Project Echo

This fix worked for me although I'm using the Anniversary Edition instead of the VR. Still there aren't any text bid messages but you can hear them, and the auction ends soon after the auctioneer confirms the last bid. Anyway, thanks for indicating this fix.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Kage777 said:

Oh sorry; the alternate start to end up in the slave cell.

Never heard of such an option for LAL.

But you could, of course, when you're done with character creation and customization of every MCM options in all those mods, instead of talking to the Mara statuette, go to this mod's MCM page and klick "enslave me now" which should take you directly to the slave cell in Riften's Slave Market. That might break the "Start a New Life" quest, which erases the Mara statue from the extra cell in the abandoned prison, but if you avoid that cell for your playthrough, IMO you should be fine.

7 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

But you could, of course, when you're done with character creation and customization of every MCM options in all those mods, instead of talking to the Mara statuette, go to this mod's MCM page and klick "enslave me now" which should take you directly to the slave cell in Riften's Slave Market. That might break the "Start a New Life" quest, which erases the Mara statue from the extra cell in the abandoned prison, but if you avoid that cell for your playthrough, IMO you should be fine.

Yeah using CCAS and i don't see it so i guess I'll use that.

On 12/17/2021 at 7:47 PM, Kage777 said:

Oh sorry; the alternate start to end up in the slave cell.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:57 AM, CaptainJ03 said:

There's an add-on for Alternate Perspective called AP-Sold Out. When you talk to the messenger to choose your starting situation, you just select that and you will find yourself enslaved.

13 minutes ago, balistaus said:

I can't get this mod to work, My character just stand there bound with a chain and nothing happen, I have fuz ro doh installed, I can see the dialog prior of heading out from the cell. Is there anything I'm missing? thanks.

If your character is wearing any devious devices, those get stripped one by one before the auction stats, a process that can take a while.  However, there is commentary during that time, and you'll see the devices disappearing.

It's possible that you were previously stuck in a scene from another mod.  After you appear on the platform, the auction scene won't start if you're already in a scene.  I'll add checking for the next version for "stuck in a scene".  Unfortunately, there's no easy way for you to check on that, since the IsInScene console command doesn't seem to do anything.  However, you could try loading a much earlier save, then use the button on this mod's MCM System page to start enslavement.  If that works, then you may well be having a scene problem in your current save.

Be sure that you're using the most recent version of this mod.  Check that you do not have remnants lying around from an older version, or any loose scripts that were not supplied by this download.  Also check that you do not have anything installed to "patch", "fix", or otherwise alter this mod (exception: voice packages and the Open Cities patch are okay).  Sometimes simply reinstalling a mod can clear up problems.