5 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Be sure that you're using the most recent of this mod.  Sometimes simply reinstalling a mod can clear up problems.  Check that you do not have remnants lying around from an older version, or any loose scripts that were not supplied by this download.  Also check that you do not have anything installed to "patch", "fix", or otherwise alter this mod (exception: voice packages and the Open Cities patch are okay).

Reinstalling the enslavement mods that aren't being detected can help.  If you happen to be using fairly old versions of these mods, updating is a good idea.

Thanks it worked.

15 minutes ago, Lucioyarity said:

It is just me or one of the bidder of this mod (A female redguard) has black face!

If it's the gray-face bug, that's due to missing facegen data (which is in the BSA file).  You might check that you don't still have loose facegen files from an older version.  If the face is black, you might be pushing the limit of your video board.

17 minutes ago, RickHunter said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but you cant upgrade plus SE (at least not the 6.0.1 version on LL) to plus plus SE. i tried overwriting the files, but nothing changed. deleting plus, and installing plus plus returns a "save game corrupted" error when loading in. 

In theory, you shouldn't have any trouble updating from Plus to Plus Plus.  This is just a continuation of the older versions, not radically different.  I did change the editor ID (not the Form ID) of the slave market cell to accommodate a quirk of SE, but unless you're loading a save from that cell it shouldn't make a difference.

1 hour ago, Lucioyarity said:

It is just me or one of the bidder of this mod (A female redguard) has black face!

Do you have the correct version of this mod for your game? Be sure to use the SE version for SE, or the LE version for LE.

If you are using the correct version of this mod for your game, then please open the console and click on the NPC, then take a screenshot and post it. (Please put the screenshot inside a spoiler tag in your post.)

That will help us troubleshoot the issue. Thanks!

37 minutes ago, RickHunter said:

If I install over old SS, or install them both and ensure the original loads first, then the game doesn't crash, but I'm also not getting plus plus functionality.

I really don't recommend having SS+ and SS++ both installed at the same time, even temporarily, but overwriting should work (depending on what your mod manager expects when updating a mod).  After updating, you might try doing a save and then reloading to see if that clears up the problems.

17 minutes ago, CPTJackHarkness said:

Quick question, whenever I start the devious bandits or the devious vampire quests using this mod it all works fine until I reload. I then just get attacked by all of them and they consider me an enemy. Is there a patch I'm missing at all with this? 

Once the enslavement mod starts, Simple Slavery is done.  It has no effect on the destination mod after that, so this would be an issue with that mod.  I've done the bandit and pirate quests without problem, but I don't recall whether I saved and reloaded during those quests.  You might check the Devious Cidhna discussion topic to see if others have had the same problem.

53 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I've done the bandit and pirate quests without problem, but I don't recall whether I saved and reloaded during those quests. 

Same here. The Devious Cidhna destinations are my standard SS++ settings. I have done those outcomes many times, but I don't recall saving and reloading before escaping.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been reading through the support pages of loverslab mods I'm considering using for my next Skyrim Special edition play and I just wanted to give a shout out to @jfraserand @HexBolt8 for their maintenance of this mod and bug fixing in the support page. The fact there were enough ideas being thrown around that I was actually enthralled reading each page in a 50+ page support thread would be achievement enough but that on top of maintaining the mod Hex even added a feature someone requested and I love is so great.

So shout out to the @Corsayr as well for even suggesting the auction insurance mechanic.

This will be my first time playing Skyrim with loverslab mods beyond schlongs of skyrim and while I have played Project AHO and loved it this will be the first time slave auctioning of the player character is actually needed for the experience and it's nice to have an in universe reason to not have to worry about those quest mods triggering until I am ready. 

I know it isn't necessary since other mods do it (the 150 support pages of Paradise Halls Home Sweet Home and 60 pages of PAH And You Get A Slave are waiting for me) It would still be nice for immersion though if there was an option later to buy a slave. Even if it's just a generic follower that you can get if you bid on them.  I understand this mod does one thing and does it well and doesn't need bloat. If modders are curious but want to keep this doing its one thing well there could be like Simple Slavery Plus Plus Immersion Extension so all these extra features people want for Simple Slavery can be easily added on without affecting the core mod. 

10 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

The fact there were enough ideas being thrown around that I was actually enthralled reading each page in a 50+ page support thread would be achievement enough....

It's amazing that you read all that!  If you're up for more reading, jfraser's account of how it all began (linked in the mod description) is pretty interesting.

13 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

This will be my first time playing Skyrim with loverslab mods beyond schlongs of skyrim....

I hope you have fun!  I do suggest going slow, adding a few mods at a time and getting familiar with how they affect your game before adding more.  Sometimes players get very enthusiastic, adding a lot of new stuff then wondering why certain things are happening or regretting some of their choices.

44 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

It's amazing that you read all that!  If you're up for more reading, jfraser's account of how it all began (linked in the mod description) is pretty interesting.

I hope you have fun!  I do suggest going slow, adding a few mods at a time and getting familiar with how they affect your game before adding more.  Sometimes players get very enthusiastic, adding a lot of new stuff then wondering why certain things are happening or regretting some of their choices.

I have already used loverslab mods for Fallout 4. That's why with the anniversary edition due to come out I figured it was time finally see what goodies loverslab offered up. The reading through the pages is something I have learned is required since rarely will modders have a frequently asked questions page or explain what npcs and quests from vanilla are touched. 

I do also know that when it comes time to actually install mods I need to go slow with very small batches between tests so I can make sure everything works. So I don't plan on throwing every mod into skyrim at once, rather I'm reading up on and selecting mods I think would work well with my playstyle and are frequently updated/supported so I can have them ready for when I do slowly add things. The last thing I want to do on hour three of slowly adding two or three mods at a time is take a break to read through a hundred pages on loverslab just to see if I even want to add a mod to my install hence doing it now.

Sorry, I'm autistic and tend to over explain at the best of times. I've also helped people with IT problems. I know it's a delicate balance between ensuring that the basic steps are being followed and not coming off as condescending or arrogant. If I have got the balance wrong I apologise. I am doing what I have learned over time is best practise but know I still have much to learn.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, Farsh-nuke said:

I have already used loverslab mods for Fallout 4. That's why with the anniversary edition due to come out I figured it was time finally see what goodies loverslab offered up.

Expect AE to horribly break modded Skyrim SE. SKSE64 and the various mods that extend it with dlls of their own will all need to be updated - SkyUI, RaceMenu, XMPSSE, Sexlab, HDT-SMP, Devious Devices, Engine Fixes, JContainers, etc all will break when the update comes if you don't prevent Steam from updating your game (or roll it back after the update hits).

31 minutes ago, chaimhewast said:

Expect AE to horribly break modded Skyrim SE. SKSE64 and the various mods that extend it with dlls of their own will all need to be updated - SkyUI, RaceMenu, XMPSSE, Sexlab, HDT-SMP, Devious Devices, Engine Fixes, JContainers, etc all will break when the update comes if you don't prevent Steam from updating your game (or roll it back after the update hits).

Oh, I know. Don't worry.

Just out of curiousity, what is supposed to happens after the auction delivers the PC to SD+? Because my PC gets delivered to what looks like a SS++ NPC out in the wilderness somewhere and the NPC just wanders around the woods. I'm sure the sandboxing comes from SD+ but is that where the PC is supposed to be delivered or is that from SD+ as well?

12 minutes ago, kevtg26 said:

Just out of curiousity, what is supposed to happens after the auction delivers the PC to SD+? Because my PC gets delivered to what looks like a SS++ NPC out in the wilderness somewhere and the NPC just wanders around the woods. I'm sure the sandboxing comes from SD+ but is that where the PC is supposed to be delivered or is that from SD+ as well?

That's what the SD master does at first. After a while, he'll tell you to follow him and start walking. Try talking to him to generate some action.

3 hours ago, Leoosp said:

I think one of the calls to Simple Slavery++ is dropping the victim for enslavement (Player Character) outside of the jail cell area

A few players have reported that their characters can arrive outside the slave pen.  I don't know what causes that.  A marker inside the cage is the arrival point.  Possibly a large collision box on the PC or apparel that causes the game to try to find a "better" place in that room?  I don't know.

I don't see anything wrong in SL Survival.  It's using SendModEvent("SSLV Entry"), which is exactly right.  I specifically looked at its Simply Knock event, and that's what it is doing.  (Clicking "Enslave me now" in the SS++ MCM also uses SendModEvent("SSLV Entry")).

Although it's the wrong dialog, if you're outside the slave pen you can still ask the auctioneer or slave master for a "pretend" auction (which is actually real).  That will start the auction.

Edit:  For the next update, I added a second attempt to place the PC inside the cage after the stripping.  Perhaps it will be successful after that brief delay, when the character is naked.  But without knowing the cause, it's only a guess if this will help.

Edited by HexBolt8

Hi, I managed to install it and make it working.

However when I install SD+ I can't start the auction because the slavemaster has other lines (Since I'm a slave he wants to have fun with me....). This prevents the auction from starting.

Any way to solve this ?

Possible solution Would it be possible to change the mod to start the auction after a few seconds ?

Edited by heyzzz
23 minutes ago, heyzzz said:

However when I install SD+ I can't start the auction because the slavemaster has other lines (Since I'm a slave he wants to have fun with me....). This prevents the auction from starting.

SD+ shouldn't prevent you from talking to people.  If you're having trouble with that, check its configuration settings to turn off (at least temporarily) whatever option is interfering.  During your game, you're going to have to talk to other NPCs too, so it's best to solve the difficulty at the source rather than other mods try to build in workarounds.

Hi,

I am using Simple Slavery++ in combination with Defeat and my character ended up in The Dark Arena.

It seems that Dark Arena makes the player essential. The effect was that my character was defeated, Defeat took over, Simple Slavery was called again, but the Dark Arena quest was still running and the essential flag wasn't reset. It took a while for me to notice the effect and when I did, the game was kinda borked so much, I had to start over. I don't mind that, it's what happens when you have this many mods working together today, and competing eachother the next day. I love the unpredictability and surprises.

But it made me think; it is possible that Simple Slavery++ adds the possibility to become a Dark Arena prostitute? It would prevent the breakage, but also, I think, makes more sense for someone who got enslaved by losing a fight in the first place. I'm sure the Dark Arena could get cheaper meat if that was the purpose. 

My 2 cents anyway. :)

23 minutes ago, Wut1969 said:

it is possible that Simple Slavery++ adds the possibility to become a Dark Arena prostitute?

The one outcome is all that the author of Dark Arena requested.  You could probably work around the problem by turning off Dark Arena as a Simple Slavery destination while you're playing Dark Arena.