Last night while trying to see if DCL was working, or not, in my game... so I used Simple slavery to test it out.

IF you select just one option and have it a DCL outcome, and you get sold and either freed or left in the wilderness, then DCL is not working.

If you try a non-DCL outcome and it works, then try a second DCL to make sure.

if no DCL outcomes are successful from both tries, then you can confirm DCL is not working at all LOL..

It's easy to test using single scenarios in the options to verify if one of the mods you're using is working or not, but using the same principle

So in reality, seems Simple Slavery is more than just a mod, but is now an excellent testing tool as well ?

So I thank both JFraser and HexBolt8 for this :)

On 9/1/2021 at 10:34 AM, CaptainJ03 said:

Uhmm, yes, but... Simple Slavery sends you to existing mods. Someone would need to write those from your ideas.

Completely understand.  But a platform gets more powerful the more that is built on it.

I'd be more than happy to write the dialogue.  I'm pretty good at it.  

Edited by blackoperations

Is this mod still being worked on?
I almost never used this mod because skyrim's unpredictability tends to work against the mod so I don't really know. Today is 1 such days. Is Slalen Torque the ONLY master NPC? I vaguely remembered only seeing the Imperial soldier.

So I am glad the mod still kept my consideration to drop the master & my char indoors. I would hate to deal with dragons, hordes of bandits & all sorts of hostile encounter in the wilds & have SD punish my char for can't run fast enough (as if it's her fault Devious Device put leg restraints & massive speed debuff on her). Because this time, the game puts my char & her master in a necromancer lair (Fellglow Keep). The soldier got ganged up by 3 mages & his puny sword deals pretty much 0 dmg (hard to tell from the chaos & I was too busy trying to hide my char, but the necromancers definitely heals too fast for the soldier to keep up). 

Might I suggest buffing up dmg output to the master NPCs? Maybe give them unique gear or something.

Oh, I'm glad the NPCs have their name changed to something more setting-appropriate than that English-American names & that American quote at the end. Super out of place. If you want to make a quote against slavery, at least made something up & attribute it to St. Alessia. I thought we know the Bretons are French, Nords are Scandinavians, Imperials are Romans. The only human race you can get away with wild names would probably be Redguard because their culture seems to be rather unclear. Moorish? Berber? Levant? African Romance? I don't know.

Edited by Lyman the Lunatic
17 minutes ago, Lyman the Lunatic said:

Is this mod still being worked on?

Yes.

17 minutes ago, Lyman the Lunatic said:

Is Slalen Torque the ONLY master NPC?

No.

18 minutes ago, Lyman the Lunatic said:

Because this time, the game puts my char & her master in a necromancer lair (Fellglow Keep).

That starting location will be changed with the next update.

On 8/29/2021 at 11:26 AM, HexBolt8 said:

Being released like that is the default outcome if no enslavement mods are installed, or if no enslavement mods are toggled on in the MCM.  Which enslavements mods did you toggle on?

I have submissive lola, sd+, slaves of tamriel, and deviously cursed loot. All of which are recognized in the mcm. I have selected someone on the submissive lola menu as well. I have tried it will all the mods selected and with just submissive lola and neither worked.

2 hours ago, staffmage said:

I have submissive lola, sd+, slaves of tamriel, and deviously cursed loot. All of which are recognized in the mcm. I have selected someone on the submissive lola menu as well. I have tried it will all the mods selected and with just submissive lola and neither worked.

On the MCM, do you see the Freedom Fund and System pages?

3 hours ago, staffmage said:

You say you "have" those and that they are "recognized" - does that just mean when you open the MCM you see them listed? 

In short, did you remember to checkmark them? The default is none selected.

On 9/4/2021 at 1:58 AM, jfraser said:

You say you "have" those and that they are "recognized" - does that just mean when you open the MCM you see them listed? 

In short, did you remember to checkmark them? The default is none selected.

I stated that I have "all the mod selected and with just submissive lola and neither worked". I was refering to selecting them as the outcome

7 minutes ago, staffmage said:

I stated that I have "all the mod selected and with just submissive lola and neither worked". I was refering to selecting them as the outcome

Cool. Always have to make sure. :)

Which mod manager? And any chance you accidentally installed the LE instead of SE (or vice versa, whichever you use)? Grasping at straws. XD

@staffmage, I can't explain why the outcome(s) that you've selected don't trigger.  They really should work.  Please check that you do not have remnants lying around from an older version, or any loose scripts that were not supplied by this download.  Also check that you do not have anything installed to "patch", "fix", or otherwise modify this mod (exception: the Open Cities patch is okay to use).  If all of that looks good, please try reinstalling the mod; sometimes that has helped players.

Hey. I downloaded Simple slavery, Defeat, Death Alt, and everything they all require, along with, Skooma whore, Wolfclub se, RavenBeak. When I get knocked down and "used" it fades to black, then....appears back and im laying on the floor and the NPC;s attack again and through bleed out or what ever from Death Alt, I am finally sent to the auction block. It fades I get the note pop ups about the carriage. And im there. Now.....nothing happens from here. I talk to the slave master, I;ve tried every dialog with him, but I am never sent to the auction block, and nothing happens, Ive sat here for ages waiting for something to happen. No one does or says anything, so I have no idea what to do....Can someone please help?

I finally got the auction to work, I am bought, then it fades to black....And then it CTDs. Sigh. When I thought it was fixed....ugh. Does anyone have this problem? Each time it CTDs, I have Wolfclub se, Raven Beak and Dark Arena, both WC and RB are recognised in the mcm menu, but Dark arena isnt there. but It works fine in game.

Can anyone help me with this CTD issue? What is causing it?

Edited by LorenRallings
1 hour ago, LorenRallings said:

Hey. I downloaded Simple slavery, Defeat, Death Alt, and everything they all require, along with, Skooma whore, Wolfclub se, RavenBeak. When I get knocked down and "used" it fades to black, then....appears back and im laying on the floor and the NPC;s attack again and through bleed out or what ever from Death Alt, I am finally sent to the auction block. It fades I get the note pop ups about the carriage. And im there. Now.....nothing happens from here. I talk to the slave master, I;ve tried every dialog with him, but I am never sent to the auction block, and nothing happens, Ive sat here for ages waiting for something to happen. No one does or says anything, so I have no idea what to do....Can someone please help?

Soo, two obvious questions:

1 - did you install the SE version for your SE game?

2 - did you install Fuz Roh D'oh?

Talking to the Slavemaster or the Auctioneer should get you to an option "I have a fantasy about being sold. Can you arrange a pretend auction?" which gets you chained on the auction block.

That part with the Carriage Popup is from Deviously Cursed Loot - if nothing happens after being released, then something is wrong with that mod, not SS++'s fault.

3 hours ago, LorenRallings said:

I downloaded Simple slavery, Defeat, Death Alt

If you're using Defeat and Death Alternative together, check that both aren't trying to handle player death.

3 hours ago, LorenRallings said:

I have Wolfclub se, Raven Beak and Dark Arena, both WC and RB are recognised in the mcm menu, but Dark arena isnt there. but It works fine in game.

When trying something new, it's best to test it with a minimal configuration, just one outcome rather than several.  If that works, then you can add mods and note when or if a problem occurs.

However, most importantly, you said that Dark Arena isn't recognized in the MCM.  That's a serious problem, because either Dark Arena recently changed in a way that makes it incompatible with SS++ (very unlikely), or something is wrong with your installation of SS++.  Please look 3 posts up for steps to check your installation.

Yes this is how I got the auction to work, I completely stripped all remnants of the other simple slavery away, and re installed everything.

The only problem (Ok, umm lol. I got my last thing wrong, Dark Arena and WolfClub work with Simple Slavery, its Raven Beak that doesnt show up in the Simple Slavery MCM menu thing. My game still CTDs though.)  I have tried re installing everything over and over and have cleared out everything in my Skyrim data folder and even reinstalled Skyrim and Vortex...nothing works....It ALWAYS CTDs

(I am also using Vortex to install my mods if that is an issue?)

Edited by LorenRallings
45 minutes ago, LorenRallings said:

Dark Arena and WolfClub work with Simple Slavery, its Raven Beak that doesnt show up in the Simple Slavery MCM menu thing.

There are several versions of Raven Beak out there.  The one that's linked in the mod description should work, though.

As you've described it, the crash occurs at moment that the auction starts up the enslavement mod.  As I mentioned earlier, I think you're throwing too much at your game.  You have multiple enslavement mods installed, but haven't been able to get any of them to work.  Simplify your mod list, get your game stable, then try the auction with one well-established stable enslavement mod.  You said that you're using Wolfclub SE.  I'm only aware of a version for LE, and that's in Alpha state.  If you found a ported version, then unless that person also worked on it a lot, you're using a ported Alpha mod.  My advice is to never trust a game that you care about to a mod that's only in alpha status.

I recommend trying a new game with a reduced mod list, and only one enslavement mod (one that's stable).  Seriously consider omitting alpha mods or script-heavy mods, as well as things you don't really need or possibly haven't tried yet.  Use the SS++ MCM to start the auction and see how it works.  If it does, gradually add mods back into your game, saving along the way.

I have a few question:

I was testing out the outcomes with DCL, using the "Leon" scenario only, in order to see how it worked (since i finally does in 9.0), and once I was sold, he showed up behind me, my restraints and pose was released, and he didn't say anything or do anything. He just stood there for what seemed an eternity. I tried to leave the room after 10 minutes to see if he would follow, and he did not follow. So I went back in the room and he wasn't there. He defaulted back to Whiterun's Bannered Mare.

1. "what" is supposed to happen here ?

2. Is this a SS++ Issue or a DCL Issue ?

3. How do I turn off (or can it be) the "buyer" coming to collect the PC ? (I didn't see an option in the MCM for this)

2 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

"what" is supposed to happen here ?

The auction should end with your character standing on the platform.  SS++ sends the mod event to notify DCL to start the Leon outcome.  The light will fade, and the placeholder slave will appear on the platform (you might not see this if DCL whisks you away to another location).  DCL does whatever it's supposed to do.  I'm not familiar with the Leon outcome, so I can't say how it's supposed to work.

Is this a SS++ Issue or a DCL Issue ?

DCL.  Since Leon appears, DCL is receiving the mod event that it expects.  For that, SS++ simply uses "sendmodevent("dcur_TriggerLeonSlavery")".  If necessary, I can make changes here, but since the problems that you noted occur after Leon starts and SS++ ends, I believe that any adjustments would have to be in DCL.  If you haven't yet done so, it would be worthwhile to ask in the DCL discussion to see if others have had similar problems.

How do I turn off (or can it be) the "buyer" coming to collect the PC ?

I don't know.  That's outside of this mod's control.

On 9/5/2021 at 6:03 PM, jfraser said:

Cool. Always have to make sure. :)

Which mod manager? And any chance you accidentally installed the LE instead of SE (or vice versa, whichever you use)? Grasping at straws. XD

I am using nexus, and I am running se but I don't think I am running the wrong versions of anything. I can get lola to work on it's own, and I can get sent to the auction but nothing happens after that

5 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

I was testing out the outcomes with DCL, using the "Leon" scenario only, in order to see how it worked (since i finally does in 9.0), and once I was sold, he showed up behind me, my restraints and pose was released, and he didn't say anything or do anything. He just stood there for what seemed an eternity.(...)

1. "what" is supposed to happen here ?

2. Is this a SS++ Issue or a DCL Issue ?

This seems to be an issue of your installation. Tested that same scenario, and it worked fine for me.

Leon appears behind you, and right afterwards you get two popup messages telling you that you've been locked into a chastity belt, (while there is already a slave collar around your neck) and another popup message that the chastity belt holds two big plugs.

Spoiler

Skyrim_leon01.jpg.43f161c159efbad22b8a1f4cba0b6104.jpg

Skyrim_leon02.jpg.7d395a1ee20420ee5e6ef7f8cbd1347f.jpg

2 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

This seems to be an issue of your installation. Tested that same scenario, and it worked fine for me.

Leon appears behind you, and right afterwards you get two popup messages telling you that you've been locked into a chastity belt, (while there is already a slave collar around your neck) and another popup message that the chastity belt holds two big plugs.

Hide contents

Skyrim_leon01.jpg.43f161c159efbad22b8a1f4cba0b6104.jpg

Skyrim_leon02.jpg.7d395a1ee20420ee5e6ef7f8cbd1347f.jpg

i like how the auctioneer is just standing there smirking XD

5 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

DCL.  Since Leon appears, DCL is receiving the mod event that it expects.  For that, SS++ simply uses "sendmodevent("dcur_TriggerLeonSlavery")".  If necessary, I can make changes here, but since the problems that you noted occur after Leon starts and SS++ ends, I believe that any adjustments would have to be in DCL.  If you haven't yet done so, it would be worthwhile to ask in the DCL discussion to see if others have had similar problems.

OK, i'll try the scene again and see what happens. maybe it was just slow or something. thanks :)

3 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

might be just the script delay. but part of that started to happen. maybe i didn't give it enough time.  I'll ask in the DCL thread though. thanks :)