13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Send me the list of names, though it will be moot if DBF decides to take over the SD+ master pool.  Well, mostly, since some of the masters are also spectators.  And I might adjust the new names a bit.  If you're okay with that, send them over.

I forgot to mention that I wanted to make a cosmetic overhaul in addition to the names. That's why I asked if you could send me the current version you're working on, and if it was okay with SE format. There are too many females compared to males, so I would fix the balance to a more reasonable distribution for what's believable but also practical. I think that most people play as female and want a male master. I don't know about you but if I get a female master I'd rather reload than continue playing. Totally uninteresing.

That being said, of course there will be enough females to cater to all tastes. Their appearances would also be made more realistic with more natural faces, and every NPC will be unique in some way. So what do you think?

10 minutes ago, Inception said:

I forgot to mention that I wanted to make a cosmetic overhaul in addition to the names. That's why I asked if you could send me the current version you're working on, and if it was okay with SE format. There are too many females compared to males, so I would fix the balance to a more reasonable distribution for what's believable but also practical. I think that most people play as female and want a male master. I don't know about you but if I get a female master I'd rather reload than continue playing. Totally uninteresing.

That being said, of course there will be enough females to cater to all tastes. Their appearances would also be made more realistic with more natural faces, and every NPC will be unique in some way. So what do you think?

You're more than welcome to make an extension of the mod that changes those things and add it as a separate mod. That way people who prefer changes you've made can just overwrite the base mod with your extension.

As for the most current copy of the mod, when you download it, you already have it. I believe Hex (and Hero for SE) Includes the script files, so you have everything you need.

12 hours ago, belegost said:

I've run into similar issue once, long time ago, when I installed some old version of Simple Slavery+ (not even ++, just Simple Slavery+ which I found randomly) on SSE and found out that it didn't work very well. After uninstalling it, even going back to pre-SS save would cause a corruption as if it had baked itself into all save files. What is worse it caused corruption to all characters on that Load Order profile. I was able to salvage the game by manually removing all references to SS via ReSaver and renaming the character afterwards so SSE created a new character profile but i had to delete ALL the other save files created prior, no matter the character. That was a very weird issue and I have no idea how it happened.

Curious.. i had the very latest version, made damn sure to have my modlist up to date as much as possible but thanks for the info, although really fucking weird, it makes.. some sense. I'll keep it in mind moving forward. Really appreciate the input.

1 hour ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

Curious.. i had the very latest version, made damn sure to have my modlist up to date as much as possible but thanks for the info, although really fucking weird, it makes.. some sense. I'll keep it in mind moving forward. Really appreciate the input.

1 minute ago, belegost said:

It does?

Modded Skyrim is a fragile thing, ready to break at a moment's notice for no apparent reason even if nothing changed. Have you tried on a brand new game? Did I already ask that?

1 hour ago, Inception said:

There are too many females compared to males...

For the SD+ masters, it's an even split between males and females.  It's equal opportunity enslavement at Skyrim's premier slave market.

I don't know about you but if I get a female master I'd rather reload than continue playing.

Why not use the SD+ gender preference setting and not leave it to chance?

I forgot to mention that I wanted to make a cosmetic overhaul in addition to the names.

jfraser's suggestion of creating an extension is a good one.  I can't port from SE to LE, and I also want to retain the KS Hair changes that Herowynne has made for the SE version, so I won't be able to accept appearance changes.  You are welcome though to publish an add-on extension to this mod that changes appearance and names.

10 minutes ago, jfraser said:

Modded Skyrim is a fragile thing, ready to break at a moment's notice for no apparent reason even if nothing changed. Have you tried on a brand new game? Did I already ask that?

It was long ago so it doesn't matter. However it affected already existing saves even if I never started them with this ancient version of SS in the load order, going as far back as the first ever save on a given character. New saves created after uninstalling the mod were fine, but everting until that moment was busted. I mean I am well aware of corrupted SINGLE save files, but in bulk? In 10 years of playing Skyrim (and 8 of using mods) this was the only time something like that had happened to me.

EDIT: just so we're clear, I'm not blaming anyone, it was all meant as an anecdote, so please treat it as such.

Edited by belegost
6 minutes ago, belegost said:

It was long ago so it doesn't matter. However it affected already existing saves even if I never started them with this ancient version of SS in the load order, going as far back as the first ever save on a given character. New saves created after uninstalling the mod were fine, but everting until that moment was busted. I mean I am well aware of corrupted SINGLE save files, but in bulk? In 10 years of playing Skyrim (and 8 of using mods) this was the only time something like that had happened to me.

EDIT: just so we're clear, I'm not blaming anyone, it was all meant as an anecdote, so please treat it as such.

i understood. :)

also, that was kinda aimed at Scarlett, since she's the one having the issue right now. ;)

1 hour ago, belegost said:

It does?

Yes. Read below ?

1 hour ago, jfraser said:

Yeah, i have. And i'm well aware how fucking flimsy Skyrim is. ?

I'm not questioning the mod, it works perfectly. ?

I was more so curious as to why exactly it would "fully load" (even if i got the corruption message after doing so) without SS enabled but straight up didn't with it. Save was fucked anyway for whatever reason.

also, that was kinda aimed at Scarlett, since she's the one having the issue right now.

It's in the past now. Already yeeted the save/character into oblivion. I just feel an itch to sate my curiosity is all.

Edited by Saya_Scarlett
1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

Why not use the SD+ gender preference setting and not leave it to chance?

Of course I'm using the gender preference settings, but I can still get female masters. It's probably a fault in SD+ though, so I will take it up there instead of bothering you with it.

I can't port from SE to LE, and I also want to retain the KS Hair changes that Herowynne has made for the SE version, so I won't be able to accept appearance changes.  You are welcome though to publish an add-on extension to this mod that changes appearance and names.

I haven't really tried the mod enough since you took over because of previously mentioned issues, so I need to see the new hairtyles for myself. But I think I will make a male only master overhaul to create something different and more consistent for those who prefer it. The problem is that it will get outdated as soon as you release a new version, unless the esp is still the same.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I also want to retain the KS Hair changes that Herowynne has made for the SE version

Thanks @HexBolt8 that is very sweet!

20 minutes ago, Inception said:

I need to see the new hairtyles for myself.

I exported facegen for all NPCs added by Simple Slavery++ using my KSHair FaceGen Export Rig. I admit that I'm biased, but I feel that the NPCs look quite nice now.

By all means, please go into the Riften Slave Market and take a look at the NPCs for yourself.

Edited by Herowynne
36 minutes ago, Inception said:

Of course I'm using the gender preference settings, but I can still get female masters.

I added SD+ master gender filtering SS++ 6.3.  If you were on an older version, you wouldn't have had that.

19 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

Thanks @HexBolt8 that is very sweet!

You're awesome for doing the SE conversions.  :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Inception said:

There are too many females compared to males, so I would fix the balance to a more reasonable distribution for what's believable but also practical. I think that most people play as female and want a male master. I don't know about you but if I get a female master I'd rather reload than continue playing. Totally uninteresing.

That's were preferences come into play. I've tried it once with a male master and it just sucked. Fortunately, with SubLola I can change to any other follower being my owner mid-game.

Talking about anecdotes and Skyrime being silly: I've just started modding, so loading the game and confirming that your latest changes work is just the regular thing to do. Yesterday, out of nowhere, the game decided to show me a two days old variant of my mod, of which there isn't even a physical copy left in the Data folder. I nearly got a heart attack...

38 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

That's were preferences come into play. I've tried it once with a male master and it just sucked. Fortunately, with SubLola I can change to any other follower being my owner mid-game.

Talking about anecdotes and Skyrime being silly: I've just started modding, so loading the game and confirming that your latest changes work is just the regular thing to do. Yesterday, out of nowhere, the game decided to show me a two days old variant of my mod, of which there isn't even a physical copy left in the Data folder. I nearly got a heart attack...

Female vs female with most animations means plastic strap-on. Not natural (for me), and you're pretty niche if you play male with a female master. But this is SexLab and people don't have to conform to the norm. You're free to have that dominatrix master you've been dreaming of or even a dog as master. Neat isn't it?

10 minutes ago, Inception said:

Female vs female with most animations means plastic strap-on. Not natural (for me), and you're pretty niche if you play male with a female master. But this is SexLab and people don't have to conform to the norm. You're free to have that dominatrix master you've been dreaming of or even a dog as master. Neat isn't it?

There are plenty of FF positions that don't involve a dildo and SL specifically has a function to avoid using animations that include them. 

The lack of F/F animations certainly used to be a major problem. It was a choice between (1) disabling strap-ons and watching the same three animations all the time, (2) seeing women reach orgasm from having their strap-ons sucked or fondled, or (3) going the futa route. Thankfully, with all the great SLAL animation packs available these days, there's lots of variety for girl-on-girl enthusiasts.

On another tack, I've been trying out the voice pack for Simple Slavery. With many mods those packs (great as they are) can get a bit too disjointed, but it works really well here. The auctioneer's delivery cracks me up.

51 minutes ago, jfraser said:

There are plenty of FF positions that don't involve a dildo and SL specifically has a function to avoid using animations that include them. 

I know that and every setting in SL thank you very much. Don't assume people are totally ignorant just because they don't know everything about your mod. I probably have more animation packs than you even know exist. You made a mod with potential but HexBolt fixed it by adding gender filtering. That's all I needed to know. Now get back to making ugly NPCs with random generator names. Can't wait for your next mod where all of them are having a party, and please don't try to help me again by stating the obvious. I just get upset when people do that.

Edited by Inception
18 minutes ago, Inception said:

I know that and every setting in SL thank you very much. Don't assume people are totally ignorant just because they don't know everything about your mod. I probably have more animation packs than you even know exist. You made a mod with potential but HexBolt fixed it by adding gender filtering. That's all I needed to know. Now get back to making ugly NPCs with random generator names. Can't wait for your next mod where all of them are having a party, and please don't try to help me again by stating the obvious. I just get upset when people do that.

Mind your manners here, kid. None of us has a crystal ball to read your mind, and most of the questions asked in this forum are just the obvious, that the inquirer could have solved himself with a wee bit of reading. No need to get inpolite just because you happen to know a few things.

18 minutes ago, Inception said:

there are many things i want to say but i'm not going to say them.

Simple Slavery is Hex's now, so not really my call, and you will do what you're going to do regardless, since I assume this means nothing to you, but I hereby retract my previous support toward you making any modifications to Simple Slavery in any form.

7 hours ago, jfraser said:

there are many things i want to say but i'm not going to say them.

Simple Slavery is Hex's now, so not really my call, and you will do what you're going to do regardless, since I assume this means nothing to you, but I hereby retract my previous support toward you making any modifications to Simple Slavery in any form.

Okay, I was too harsh, and I'm not saying this because you retracted the support. That's not too important.

Your NPCs aren't that bad. They are functional and acceptable for what the mod intends to do. I just got frustrated from everyone constantly taking the qouter's side when they replied to me, as if everything I said was worth shit, and people taking me for a noob. It's not an excuse for my behaviour, but maybe you can understand. I just thought that most people were of my opinion, meaning they want lore-friendly NPCs(might be subjective) and male to female action. But it looks like I'm alone in this, or that it's not important for the big picture. I can accept that.

Regarding the mod I would need to see it in its current status before deciding what and how much I want to change. Then I will see if it's even worth uploading. I would actually accept females now that the filter and new hairstyles is in place so it won't be an all-male mod, which is good because then it caters to a broader audience. But if HexBolt still allows it now it would get outdated when there are changes to the esp in the original version, so the question is how long it would survive.

Edited by Inception
11 hours ago, Inception said:

I just got frustrated from everyone constantly taking the qouter's side when they replied to me, as if everything I said was worth shit, and people taking me for a noob.

There's a reason for the first part.  Let me try to explain objectively, with no animosity or hostility.

You're interpreting statements that are not rude or insulting as if they are, while saying things that are definitely rude and insulting, then you seem to be surprised by the result.

I don't think that anyone was taking you for a noob.  Pointing out something that might be obvious is not inherently insulting.  It could be if it had started with "If you'd even bothered to look at the MCM, you'd know...", but it wasn't.  It's the obvious, simple things that are easiest to overlook.  I've lost track of how many times "Did you run FNIS?" was met with "D'oh, I forgot!".

You got off to a bad start, a bad first impression, by criticizing the original author's "little effort" on the slave masters.  Ouch.  If you don't like something, it's okay to say so, but not by demeaning the author's effort.  It's not just rude.  It can discourage modders, and adult modding for Skyrim is a niche community.  We don't have that much content.  We can't afford an atmosphere in which potential mod creators decide not to bother.

Attacks like "get back to making ugly NPCs", well, you can't say that.  You did acknowledge later that it was too harsh, but you're confirming that bad first impression.  Contrast that with the original author's retrained response, "there are many things i want to say but i'm not going to say them."  This is a nice, kind, very helpful community, a bit surprising for a site with content that includes slavery, prostitution, rape, and bestiality (in a fantasy setting, of course).  There's probably fertile ground for a psychological study on that.  

If you say rude and insulting things, even if you walk them back later, people won't take you seriously.  They'll conclude that you're a jerk and stop reading your posts.  I'm sure that's not what you wanted, but you have to get a handle on the way that you talk to people.

That's why readers are taking the other person's side.  If you're upset with something, just walk away from the keyboard for a moment, then come back and think carefully.  Was that person really being insulting?  Am I about to say something that I'll regret?

There's a reason for the first part.  Let me try to explain objectively, with no animosity or hostility.

You're interpreting statements that are not rude or insulting as if they are, while saying things that are definitely rude and insulting, then you seem to be surprised by the result.

I don't think that anyone was taking you for a noob.  Pointing out something that might be obvious is not inherently insulting.  It could be if it had started with "If you'd even bothered to look at the MCM, you'd know...", but it wasn't.  It's the obvious, simple things that are easiest to overlook.  I've lost track of how many times "Did you run FNIS?" was met with "D'oh, I forgot!".

You got off to a bad start, a bad first impression, by criticizing the original author's "little effort" on the slave masters.  Ouch.  If you don't like something, it's okay to say so, but not by demeaning the author's effort.  It's not just rude.  It can discourage modders, and adult modding for Skyrim is a niche community.  We don't have that much content.  We can't afford an atmosphere in which potential mod creators decide not to bother.

Attacks like "get back to making ugly NPCs", well, you can't say that.  You did acknowledge later that it was too harsh, but you're confirming that bad first impression.  Contrast that with the original author's retrained response, "there are many things i want to say but i'm not going to say them."  This is a nice, kind, very helpful community, a bit surprising for a site with content that includes slavery, prostitution, rape, and bestiality (in a fantasy setting, of course).  There's probably fertile ground for a psychological study on that.  

If you say rude and insulting things, even if you walk them back later, people won't take you seriously.  They'll conclude that you're a jerk and stop reading your posts.  I'm sure that's not what you wanted, but you have to get a handle on the way that you talk to people.

That's why readers are taking the other person's side.  If you're upset with something, just walk away from the keyboard for a moment, then come back and think carefully.  Was that person really being insulting?  Am I about to say something that I'll regret?

That's a good idea. Of course I'm not always like this, despite what I showed earlier. I will take your words to heart and try to think more about what I say in the future. This is a nice community and the poeple behind the mods are more important than a few details after all.

Now I hope we can put this behind us and look forward. I have taken too much space already. I wish you all a good day and great fortune!

Ok I have this mod installled its all fine on MC menu, but it DOESNT WORK, no matter what I do I have checked the mods on MC, Dark arena and slaves of tamriel. Theres only two options when I talk with slavemaster and auctioner, "help and "please". Wtf is wrong here, also slaves of tamriel is a buggy mess, could it be that the real problem?

20 minutes ago, Paulonikita453 said:

Theres only two options when I talk with slavemaster and auctioner, "help and "please".

Neither of those is from this mod.  Both have the topic starting with "I have a fantasy ..." and the slave master has another topic "Aren't you John Randall?".  (More topics are available if you're on the bad side of the bars.)  If you're not seeing those, the mod isn't installed properly, or possibly you have an outdated version.  Reinstalling would be a good place to start.  Also, check for remnants of old versions that you might have lying around.  Then "coc sslvmarket" and check that the auctioneer has the "fantasy" topic.  If not, the installation is still messed up.

Edited by HexBolt8
16 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Neither of those is from this mod.  Both have the topic starting with "I have a fantasy ..." and the slave master has another topic "Aren't you John Randall?".  (More topics are available if you're on the bad side of the bars.)  If you're not seeing those, the mod isn't installed properly, or possibly you have an outdated version.  Reinstalling would be a good place to start.  Also, check for remnants of old versions that you might have lying around.  Then "coc sslvmarket" and check that the auctioneer has the "fantasy" topic.  If not, the installation is still messed up.

They are all latest installed versions I am not some idiot you talk with, I already said what the options were. I am saying were cause I unchecked slaves of tamriel, and the mod now works, slaves of tamriel is a buggy mess. But now I have other problems whenever it sends me on dark arena game automatically exits.