4 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'm not eager to have to keep changing the mod, but we could go with Coward for the auctioneer voice type, and if the tool later improves, regenerate the voice lines at some later time if you (or someone else) has the desire.

Honestly, and this is a criticism of the current state of the tool and technology, not your efforts, none of the samples sound that good to me.  It's like bad voice acting or dubbing, the kind where a player might decide to turn off voice audio and just read subtitles.  The auctioneer in particular needs special attention to sound right.  His lines should have pauses.  ("Do I hear 600?  [pause]  No?  [pause]  Anyone?  [pause]  Okay then, sold to bidder 5!")  When it all runs together, it's unnatural.  That could be handled with tedious editing, but that's probably outside the scope of what you had in mind, which is understandable.  So you could just generate something now, with coward for auctioneer and commander for slavemaster (unless jfraser has a definite preference for something else), so that players who really want voice can choose to use that, and those who'd rather hold off and wait can do so.

Oh, I should note - I combined a couple of lines to render together for the samples. Realistically in game it would go by however the scene runs and retain any pauses between the lines. 

Here's another few samples of EvenTonedAccented and Coward. These are specifically one line each. 

SSPP Samples 3.zip

9 minutes ago, FredOof said:

Yea just did that and fixed, thank you! Btw, is it possible to influence the auction price of my character?

that was part of the original plan but it never got implemented. I don't think Hex has done that on this version either.

3 minutes ago, jfraser said:

that was part of the original plan but it never got implemented. I don't think Hex has done that on this version either.

Thanks, also my player was sold to the prison quest from DCL, but the quest immediately ended, have I done something wrong again?

39 minutes ago, FredOof said:

Thanks, also my player was sold to the prison quest from DCL, but the quest immediately ended, have I done something wrong again?

that would be a question for DCL, i'm afraid. maybe there wasn't some number attached to you that told it how long you were supposed to be imprisoned?

31 minutes ago, jfraser said:

maybe there wasn't some number attached to you that told it how long you were supposed to be imprisoned?

DCL will make its own determination of the length of the prison stay, so it doesn't expect a number.  As you said, it's really a question for DCL.

44 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

DCL will make its own determination of the length of the prison stay, so it doesn't expect a number.  As you said, it's really a question for DCL.

yeah, i wasn't suggesting SS should have sent a number. just speculation on why they were released immediately. :)

2 minutes ago, Jimmy_G said:

crashing my game win i go into rifton

Be sure that you're not using any patches for this mod, since they might have bad behavior (as far as I know, the Open Cities door patch works okay, though).  If you previously used an older version of the mod, check that that you've completely removed it (along with any loose script files), so you're only running the current version.  You should be using the correct download (LE or SE).  Otherwise, you shouldn't be getting a crash.  This mod does add a few static items to the city, and reposition a woodpile, but that won't crash a game.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

Be sure that you're not using any patches for this mod, since they might have bad behavior (as far as I know, the Open Cities door patch works okay, though).  If you previously used an older version of the mod, check that that you've completely removed it (along with any loose script files), so you're only running the current version.  You should be using the correct download (LE or SE).  Otherwise, you shouldn't be getting a crash.  This mod does add a few static items to the city, and reposition a woodpile, but that won't crash a game.

Open Cities door what dose that do and what kind of patches

19 minutes ago, Jimmy_G said:

Open cities is a mod that makes it so you don't have a loading screen to get into the cities. So entering, say, whiterun is as quick and easy as entering Riverwood. 

And any patches that you may have downloaded in the past for previous versions of Simple Slavery.

37 minutes ago, Jimmy_G said:

Adding to what jfraser said, you'd only need the Open Cities patch if you're using Open Cities.  (I want to be clear that I'm not suggesting that you install that mod.  In fact, if you're having problems with crashes, a mod like Open Cities that burdens your CPU will make matters worse.)

5 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Adding to what jfraser said, you'd only need the Open Cities patch if you're using Open Cities.  (I want to be clear that I'm not suggesting that you install that mod.  In fact, if you're having problems with crashes, a mod like Open Cities that burdens your CPU will make matters worse.)

k

34 minutes ago, Lenore said:

I asked DeepBlueFrog of Sanguine Debauchery if we could get more masters to go with his mod through simple slavery:

He said it would be a question for the simple slavery owner.

That is true - SS' SD owners are part of SS. Did you go through all of them in one playthrough? That's impressive, if so.

6 minutes ago, jfraser said:

That is true - SS' SD owners are part of SS. Did you go through all of them in one playthrough? That's impressive, if so.

Maybe not, lol .. how many are there? I got the mage one and was immediately killed. 

36 minutes ago, Lenore said:

I asked DeepBlueFrog of Sanguine Debauchery if we could get more masters to go with his mod through simple slavery

There are 12 available, randomly chosen, though taking into account SD+ gender preference settings you'd see up to 6 in a playthrough.  That seems to be a reasonable amount, doesn't it?

25 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

There are 12 available, randomly chosen, though taking into account SD+ gender preference settings you'd see up to 6 in a playthrough.  That seems to be a reasonable amount, doesn't it?

Ohh it does, that's much more than I thought .. sorry to bother you and thank you.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:29 PM, HexBolt8 said:

I've been playing just fine for quite a while. Finished main quest and civil war. Figured i'd go do Dawnguard but when heading into Volkihar, game immediately CTD's right when it should load through the door.

Later, i load up the save right next to the boat that leads to Volkihar and immediately CTD's after a few seconds having loaded into the game.

Now it just won't load any save at all.

I've been disabling mods at a time and the game just refuses to load EXCEPT when this mod is disabled. Now, it doesn't FULLY load though. It loads in the sense that i can see the world and characters but another issue arises.. the dreaded 'save is corrupt and could not be loaded'.

This happens with ONLY this mod disabled and not others. Game 'loads' with ONLY this mod disabled and not others.

Now, i'm not blaming SS, been using it since forever but it is rather curious. Mostly asking if you have any thoughts on why this might happen with ONLY this mod disabled.

And no, i don't have any patches for it installed.

27 minutes ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

Now, i'm not blaming SS, been using it since forever but it is rather curious. Mostly asking if you have any thoughts on why this might happen with ONLY this mod disabled.

Unfortunately, I've no idea.  Unless you're in the slave market, the mod isn't even doing anything except listening for its mod event trigger.  I'm assuming that you're using the most recent version.

Edited by HexBolt8
1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

Unfortunately, I've no idea.  Unless you're in the slave market, the mod isn't even doing anything except listening for its mod event trigger.  I'm assuming that you're using the most recent version.

Not even in the slave market and i am running the latest version. Been troubleshooting this for a while and i'm honestly lost as to why only without this one the game finally 'loads' but at the same time gets the 'save corrupted and cannot be loaded' error.

Since it's just without this one that it finally 'loads', figured i'd ask here but oh well. Time for a restart i guess.