22 minutes ago, Buridan said:

It works really well now but I wouldn't mind an expansion of it - scaling cost by level for instance, or an option to pay upkeep for access to that service, like renting a mailbox in Skald's Mail.

I had started building a setting for a weekly fee, as well as a chance that your agent loses, gambles away, or runs off with the money, or is unwilling or unable to attend the auction.  I decided to release what I had without the added complexity, and see how it works for people.  The idea that the person you trusted might betray you did influence the message.

I intend to add a few message variations, so it doesn't get repetitive, and more settings can be added over time, if they're helpful.  A fee could make sense if you're hiring a public official (or paying the slave market directly), so I might add that in a future update, especially since it chips away at your rescue fund.  But then why wouldn't I just entrust someone who doesn't demand pay for it?  That Nazeem guy seems like a fine, upstanding citizen (I've even spotted him in the Cloud District!).

I'd thought about level scaling.  Linear scaling isn't all that satisfactory, but how would it scale up?  And would your value as a slave actually improve with character level?  Or might it even be less?  Setting aside niche cases where a collector wants to add a famous hero to his harem, or a slave owner actually wants a dangerous slave (some people collect poisonous snakes), a slave's value would mainly be based on beauty, sexual ability, and/or suitability for hard labor.  And those are all available on level 1 characters.

Would a brothel do better paying a lot for one whore whom most of their clients couldn't afford, or buying several inexpensive girls who are just as pretty?  Would SLUTS pay a lot more for a hardened adventurer to pull a cart?  They don't really seem to care if it even reaches its destination, the way they hobble the girls.  They simply add the amount to the debt and send the girl who's just proved how unreliable she is right back out with another cart.  (My theory is that the operation is a sham.  They just like seeing pony girls on the road.  The cargo is rocks, and the bandits are in on the ploy.  After they have their fun with the poor gal, they steal the "cargo" so she'll have to keep working and they'll see her again.  Think about that, the next time you're pulling that damned cart.  Rocks?)

Things to ponder.

55 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

(My theory is that the operation is a sham.  They just like seeing pony girls on the road.  The cargo is rocks, and the bandits are in on the ploy.  After they have their fun with the poor gal, they steal the "cargo" so she'll have to keep working and they'll see her again.  Think about that, the next time you're pulling that damned cart.  Rocks?)

??

57 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

sexual ability

This is something that Sexlab tracks and would make the player progressively more valuable. So it meets 2 of the criteria: a non-linear progression, and passes a logical test. 

Just my 2 septims 

10 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

This is something that Sexlab tracks and would make the player progressively more valuable. So it meets 2 of the criteria: a non-linear progression, and passes a logical test. 

That's a good one.  (It bugs me though that the PC starts out as a virgin; however, there are tools to change your sex stats.)  All that prostitution gold you earn is just making it harder to buy your freedom.  Heh.

Honestly I wish there was more enslavement mods out there. I want there to be a mod that involves you being brought to a house or brothel or dungeon or mine of some sort. So you’d be transported then locked up. Would be pretty fun with sl survival to escape with no belongings. There could be training and punishment systems and perhaps a story. Maybe I’ll even make one if I have time. 

There’s also too little male enslavement options.

A mod where you work as like a squire for an adventurer who drags you along on actual adventures would be cool too.

6 hours ago, Elysian97m said:

Honestly I wish there was more enslavement mods out there. I want there to be a mod that involves you being brought to a house or brothel or dungeon or mine of some sort. So you’d be transported then locked up. Would be pretty fun with sl survival to escape with no belongings. There could be training and punishment systems and perhaps a story. Maybe I’ll even make one if I have time. 

There’s also too little male enslavement options.

A mod where you work as like a squire for an adventurer who drags you along on actual adventures would be cool too.

There are three options for a mine, so wish partially granted - Slaves of Tamriel++, Captured Dreams, and Ravens Beak Prison Remastered. 

30 minutes ago, jfraser said:

There are three options for a mine, so wish partially granted - Slaves of Tamriel++, Captured Dreams, and Ravens Beak Prison Remastered. 

Make that two, as Captured Dreams has been removed from LL. I know there are pirated copies available, but there's no one to ask for troubleshooting or further development. And it never left beta state.

21 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Make that two, as Captured Dreams has been removed from LL. I know there are pirated copies available, but there's no one to ask for troubleshooting or further development. And it never left beta state.

Has it? Shows you what I know. XD

ok I get how the fund works. My question is, How do I get/choose/find/ect and agent. I am assuming its supposed to be a dialog with a follower or someone. I talked to alot of different people in the market and in riften, followers from vanilla and other mods and no one has any dialog for this.

If I'm understanding the mechanic correctly, it's just a bit of flavor (at the moment?? nudge nudge Hexbolt).

You pay into the fund within the MCM, and you can edit the name of your agent, but that agent doesn't actually exist in-game as an NPC.

4 minutes ago, Buridan said:

If I'm understanding the mechanic correctly, it's just a bit of flavor (at the moment?? nudge nudge Hexbolt).

You pay into the fund within the MCM, and you can edit the name of your agent, but that agent doesn't actually exist in-game as an NPC.

Where do you edit the name of the agent? and I click the fund amount in the MCM menu and it doesn't let me do anything. the only options on that screen is 1) What is this info button 2) Starter amount 3) the Added amout 4) Funds button that does nothing. just shows a 0. and finally the clear funds button

27 minutes ago, Chilen said:

Where do you edit the name of the agent? and I click the fund amount in the MCM menu and it doesn't let me do anything. the only options on that screen is 1) What is this info button 2) Starter amount 3) the Added amout 4) Funds button that does nothing. just shows a 0. and finally the clear funds button

It's the "change agent" button, do you not have that in your MCM?

Spoiler

739524435_SkyrimSE2021-03-1404-20-57-13.png.92c5c07d26374645e88d0295dbc233b8.png919915855_SkyrimSE2021-03-1404-21-12-04.png.037adfa24a59c6e203b2319835d83102.png87052067_SkyrimSE2021-03-1404-21-17-63.png.8fce9a615d2d9086eeab6b3a0fecb260.png1161520733_SkyrimSE2021-03-1404-24-19-29.png.1211b5b20d5071bdb122c408d683ab95.png

To change the fund amount it's the "add to freedom fund" option.

(Also, a bit off-topic but what mods can be used to edit SexLab sex stats directly?)

1 hour ago, Chilen said:

Where do you edit the name of the agent?

As Buridan said, you should have a Change Agent button.  You type in a name, just for story purposes, or you can leave the default "Your trusted agent".

1 hour ago, Buridan said:

This seemed better than adding dialog to every NPC in the world, some of whom you might not even have access to at the time you want to set aside funds.  You can also invent characters, like "Magistrate Bjorn", or that fake moustache entity.

1 hour ago, Buridan said:

Also, a bit off-topic but what mods can be used to edit SexLab sex stats directly?

SexLab Stats Manipulator

4 hours ago, Buridan said:

It's the "change agent" button, do you not have that in your MCM?

Hide contents

739524435_SkyrimSE2021-03-1404-20-57-13.png.92c5c07d26374645e88d0295dbc233b8.png919915855_SkyrimSE2021-03-1404-21-12-04.png.037adfa24a59c6e203b2319835d83102.png87052067_SkyrimSE2021-03-1404-21-17-63.png.8fce9a615d2d9086eeab6b3a0fecb260.png1161520733_SkyrimSE2021-03-1404-24-19-29.png.1211b5b20d5071bdb122c408d683ab95.png

To change the fund amount it's the "add to freedom fund" option.

(Also, a bit off-topic but what mods can be used to edit SexLab sex stats directly?)

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

As Buridan said, you should have a Change Agent button.  You type in a name, just for story purposes, or you can leave the default "Your trusted agent".

This seemed better than adding dialog to every NPC in the world, some of whom you might not even have access to at the time you want to set aside funds.  You can also invent characters, like "Magistrate Bjorn", or that fake moustache entity.

SexLab Stats Manipulator

Yeah dont have the add funds button or change agent button

ScreenShot86.png.fc808f5f71d7ffdc5397b1cbf44300a2.png

2 hours ago, Chilen said:

Yeah dont have the add funds button or change agent button

Both of those settings use a pop-up text entry box (Buridan has a screen shot of it in action), and they're the only ones in this mod that do.  In other mods, you'll usually see them when you're prompted to supply a name for a file for exporting settings.

Are you using a very old version of SkyUI?  If not, it's worth reinstalling it to see if the problem goes away.

Yeah I seen that in her pictures. Thats why posted a screen of mine.

I have skyui version 5. didnt start modding skyrim till 2019. from what I can tell skyui hasn't been updated since 2015 when skyui 5 came out. so I assuming I am running the newest version. Is there a newer version?

I can tell right now this is a hard problem. Thank for any help you can give.

29 minutes ago, Chilen said:

I have skyui version 5. didnt start modding skyrim till 2019. from what I can tell skyui hasn't been updated since 2015 when skyui 5 came out. so I assuming I am running the newest version. Is there a newer version?

That should be all that you need.  I'm sorry, I don't know why those fields don't appear in your game.

29 minutes ago, jfraser said:

Try it on a new game, just to see if it works

Thank you. but it was a new save to begin with because I had to have one for DCL9. Also tried dl and rolling back to 6.3.8. no change. still dont show. thanks though

2 minutes ago, Chilen said:

Thank you. but it was a new save to begin with because I had to have one for DCL9. Also tried dl and rolling back to 6.3.8. no change. still dont show. thanks though

just to be sure, by "new save," do you mean a fresh save that you created at some point to begin your games, or did you actually start a brand new game?

25 minutes ago, jfraser said:

just to be sure, by "new save," do you mean a fresh save that you created at some point to begin your games, or did you actually start a brand new game?

Like clicking the new button on the title screen fresh. I am not good a keeping track of what I had installed with old saves. So I just start completely over when restart. Makes it simple for me.