is it possible to make a request to have a version of the mod with and without the support for DFW please and thank you ? this way, those who like the support can keep using it and those who don't, can also have that option as well. having no support for DFW / Hydra Slavegirls combo is kind of wasted now and takes away from the gameplay :(

3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

is it possible to make a request to have a version of the mod with and without the support for DFW please and thank you ?

As far as I know SS++ is not incompatible with DFW, it just doesn't use DFW's features.  I'd discussed that with original author jfraser and we both thought that DFW is problematic, nice when it works, but not worth supporting.

4 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

it has it's moments yeah, but overall, it does work most of the time for me

I miss it too, but the glitches and bugs became too much pain after a while.

Often I needed to fall back to older saves after a scene that took hours and got stuck.

Leash game is a mess of getting stuck somewhere or getting the PC killed all the time.

If a scene survives it makes the save afterwards look like someone wanted to win the unattached instances Olympics.

Bondage scenes get stuck in an endless "apply device" loop (dead end).

Enslavement while bound to a ZAP device and transfer to SS ends up in a Skyrim void.

Endless loop of removing leash and adding leash if in furniture or shortly after the end of the leash game.

Failing/broken dialogues.

Not compatible with DDi 4.3 (heavy_bondage).

Cry for help range too low results in hours of being locked until debug.

It's rather rare that it finishes a scene without bugging out or creating a clusterfuck (dead end type clusterfuck, not the "can be rescued" kind of clusterfuck.

36 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I miss it too, but the glitches and bugs became too much pain after a while.

Often I needed to fall back to older saves after a scene that took hours and got stuck.

leash game is a mess of getting stuck somewhere or getting the PC killed all the time

if a scene survives it makes the save afterwards look like someone wanted to win the unattached instances Olympics

bondage scenes get stuck in an endless "apply device" loop (the end)

enslavement while bound to a ZAP device and transfer to SS ends up in a skyrim void

endless loop of removing leash and adding leash

failing/broken dialogues

not compatible with DDi 4.3 anymore

cry for help range too low

It's rather rare that it finishes a scene without bugging out or creating a clusterfuck

yeah i know, and it's a damn shame, because honestly, it's one of the best premised mods out there and really adds a major bridge to so many other mods. why no one has taken it up to fix or update it is beyond me. i know a few months back, an alpha was put out (3.02) but was pulled quick enough as it also had issue, but it worked a hell of a lot better than the older version, that's for sure (yeah i have that alpha version and started using recently, and enjoyed the first full walk from falkreath all the way to Riften, and inside to the door, for the first time ever lol, but then the slaver stood around outside the door doing nothing since SS had no more support for it, and it totally sucked at that point to not see the end of that long walk)

2 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

yeah i know, and it's a damn shame, because honestly, it's one of the best premised mods out there and really adds a major bridge to so many other mods. why no one has taken it up to fix or update it is beyond me. i know a few months back, an alpha was put out (3.02) but was pulled quick enough as it also had issue, but it worked a hell of a lot better than the older version, that's for sure (yeah i have that alpha version and started using recently, and enjoyed the first full walk from falkreath all the way to Riften, and inside to the door, for the first time ever lol, but then the slaver stood around outside the door doing nothing since SS had no more support for it, and it totally sucked at that point to not see the end of that long walk)

It's not as effective, it's true, but you could just talk to the slave guy at simple slavery once you get there and just kind of pretend the dialogue fits what happened to you a little better. The end result remains the same with only a slight glitch. ;)

16 minutes ago, jfraser said:

It's not as effective, it's true, but you could just talk to the slave guy at simple slavery once you get there and just kind of pretend the dialogue fits what happened to you a little better. The end result remains the same with only a slight glitch. ;)

true LOL, although, pretending isn't as much fun as watching it all unfold heh.

still, would still love to have the option to either download a version with DFW support or without it, or even have an option in the MCM to turn it on or off, rather than it being removed completely

3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

I know the pain and the struggle, believe me. I am living out my masochistic tendencies just by trying to fix things that are irreversibly broken. 
There are so many promising and cool mods out there, but most lack compatibility, have 1 small but still annoying feature or bug, or whatever. 
I dropped way more mods from my LO than I have in it now and tried like 2 dozen ways of combining mods together to have some sort of escape game custom made...

The thing is, there is no real slavery mod. They. All. Fail. 

And sometimes its not even the mods fault. The leash in POP is basically working 90% but I still deactivate it because the Leash cannot walk the PC up or down stairs in a normal way... (escapes me because NPCs can do that obviously). 

So maybe some things just cant be fixed. 

But I was wondering if there could be small scene added to SS++ like the carriage driver scene in Slaverun. 
You have an isolated world space and no way to escape. You get fucked and then carried on to SS++. 

I wondered if something like that could be designed or even extracted from Slaverun (which seems abandonned now by every definition I think) 
That way you could have a "foreplay" for SS++ that adds flavour and "simulates" what the Devious Framework wanted to do.

In Short words: SS++ would start earlier. 
-Mods sends to SS++ -> blackscreen

-> camp along the road -> rape -> blackscreen

-> SS++ auction scene -> blackscreen

-> Slavery mod

there could be even more "variants" that play randomly to add more variation. Like a rape behind in the room in SS++
or a forced bathing scene or some kind of customer inspection. 

I would love to design such stuff but I m still busy learning basic stuff and I think it will be a long way still :(

4 minutes ago, Nymra said:

I know the pain and the struggle, believe me. I am living out my masochistic tendencies just by trying to fix things that are irreversibly broken. 
There are so many promising and cool mods out there, but most lack compatibility, have 1 small but still annoying feature or bug, or whatever. 
I dropped way more mods from my LO than I have in it now and tried like 2 dozen ways of combining mods together to have some sort of escape game custom made...

The thing is, there is no real slavery mod. They. All. Fail. 

And sometimes its not even the mods fault. The leash in POP is basically working 90% but I still deactivate it because the Leash cannot walk the PC up or down stairs in a normal way... (escapes me because NPCs can do that obviously). 

So maybe some things just cant be fixed. 

But I was wondering if there could be small scene added to SS++ like the carriage driver scene in Slaverun. 
You have an isolated world space and no way to escape. You get fucked and then carried on to SS++. 

I wondered if something like that could be designed or even extracted from Slaverun (which seems abandonned now by every definition I think) 
That way you could have a "foreplay" for SS++ that adds flavour and "simulates" what the Devious Framework wanted to do.

In Short words: SS++ would start earlier. 
-Mods sends to SS++ -> blackscreen

-> camp along the road -> rape -> blackscreen

-> SS++ auction scene -> blackscreen

-> Slavery mod

there could be even more "variants" that play randomly to add more variation. Like a rape behind in the room in SS++
or a forced bathing scene or some kind of customer inspection. 

I would love to design such stuff but I m still busy learning basic stuff and I think it will be a long way still :(

honestly, that on its own would be its own mod LOL. but having a "pre-auction" scenario mod just for these things, would or may be the perfect bridge to SS++, and from other mods as well. or maybe even some kind of add-on to SS++ (kinda like SS++ having its own DLC lol).

i think though, one of the main reasons that SS++ is such a good mod, is that it does exactly what it's supposed to do. it doesn't pretend to do more than being a bridge to other mods, from other mods, and it's perfect. the only thing missing, is the "delivery" to SS++, and that isn't not something i want to see from this mod, but i'd rather see from another mod that acts like to a bridge to SS++. after all, if it ain't broke, why fix it, right ?

which kind of makes me wonder why the DFW option was removed since SS++ wasn't broken, just DFW is, so it should have been kept in imo

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

which kind of makes me wonder why the DFW option was removed since SS++ wasn't broken, just DFW is, so it should have been kept in imo

SS+ wasn't broken but it was not as reliable as it could have been.  There were a lot of complaints in the old discussion about it just not starting.  There were two versions, one for DFW and one without.  It's not that DFW was removed, it's that I only moved forward with the non-DFW version, to have just one stable version.  Most players don't distinguish between DFW and a mod that uses it.  As far as they're concerned, it's not a DFW problem if their game has problems, it's that mod's problem, so fix it.  Now.  DFW offered some nice things, when they actually worked, but it wasn't worth buying into the problems that went with it.  So, this version of SS doesn't use those features, but players can move smoothly from abduction or combat defeat to auction to enslavement.

Ok, I ll just put in some new ideas that at least seem simple:

New Slavery outcome ideas:

These are meant as easily replayable

Crime 

- put PC on a random Market Place with a 1000 gold bounty -> trigger prison mod of your choice

(every town is set as its own option in SS++ MCM)

Collar 

- drop PC on a Random Market Place with a Collar around the neck. 
Every Collar has its on MCM Option (Pet Collar, Slave Collar, Slut Collar (Cursed Collar already covered)-> Pet Collar Mod & DCL) 

Doggy 

- drop PC on a Random Market Place with the Doggy Curse active (Beeing A Doggy)

I bet there are more mods that could easyily be tied in to this? 

Basically at quest start the PC gets teleported to the location (town gate if market place is not working - or maybe just in one of the taverns instead)
And then auto equip the required item to start the quest? 

10 minutes ago, jfraser said:

Doesn't make much sense to me to buy a slave to put in prison. The collar idea is basically already done via DCL. 

Why is everybody saying this? 

Nothing in kinky Skyrim makes much sense :P

And it makes much sense to me that the guards put together some money to have a hot girl in their prison. 

DCL is not covering this. It only covers one collar, but there are 2 more. 
It also does not cover Pet Collar. 

2 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Why is everybody saying this? 

Nothing in kinky Skyrim makes much sense :P

And it makes much sense to me that the guards put together some money to have a hot girl in their prison. 

DCL is not covering this. It only covers one collar, but there are 2 more. 
It also does not cover Pet Collar. 

I suppose, if you're playing a run through where having your way with the normal prisoners is against the rules. XD

To each their own, especially in modded Skyrim. ;)

25 minutes ago, jfraser said:

Doesn't make much sense to me to buy a slave to put in prison.

Someone else mentioned this rationale -- the idea is that a rival or enemy recognized the player character was being auctioned, and wanted to ensure the player character ended up in prison.

It would be similar to the vanilla game random world encounters in which an NPC assassin attacks the player character, and if you kill them and read the bounty note on their dead body, the note says that some mysterious rival or enemy wanted the player character killed.

12 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

Someone else mentioned this rationale -- the idea is that a rival or enemy recognized the player character was being auctioned, and wanted to ensure the player character ended up in prison.

It would be similar to the vanilla game random world encounters in which an NPC assassin attacks the player character, and if you kill them and read the bounty note on their dead body, the note says that some mysterious rival or enemy wanted the player character killed.

dont try to argue, it is of no use :( still like to hear that I am not alone with some of my ideas :D
I ll have to try to implement this myself. Its fair enough. 

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

dont try to argue, it is of no use :( still like to hear that I am not alone with some of my ideas :D
I ll have to try to implement this myself. Its fair enough. 

It's not an argument, it's discussion. :)

please do - the more ties to SS++, the better. I'm certainly not trying to disparage you and I apologize if it came across that way. 

1 minute ago, jfraser said:

It's not an argument, it's discussion. :)

please do - the more ties to SS++, the better. I'm certainly not trying to disparage you and I apologize if it came across that way. 

yeah sorry, it sometimes feels that way. not your fault and my apologies for misunderstanding. 

I sometimes just get the feeling it takes some ppl like 5 minutes to implement something that I need a week for because I need to learn how first, haha.

But yeah, its fair and yeah learning stuff on the road is of course necessary :P

There are some good slavery outcome ideas there - and, in my book, the more options we have as players the better - but they would need to be implemented by a slavery outcome mod, not Simple Slavery. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unless it goes through a design and philosophy change, SS is the bridge mod. Defeat and peril mods send the player to the auction, and the auction hands the player over to the slavery mod.

So, for an outcome that drops you in the prison mod of your choice, the prison mod would need to implement that. For one of the other Dcur collars, Dcur would need to implement that. For a pet collar, PetCollar would need to implement that. etc. Suggesting the ideas in the support topics of those mods would be the thing to do.

By the way, Daedric Lord shenanigans could always be used to explain some of the stranger outcomes. Most rational mortals probably wouldn't spend money buying a slave only to put them into a bdsm prison experience, or slap a collar on them and set them loose for others to take advantage of. But someone like Sanguine, Sheogorath, Molag Bal? They might pull the strings to make that happen. So, yeah. Some of those sound like fun, repeatable outcomes, but I didn't think creating outcomes itself was ever what SS was designed to do.

8 hours ago, Nymra said:

Crime 

- put PC on a random Market Place with a 1000 gold bounty -> trigger prison mod of your choice

Actually this hook in is good if there was a subsequent hook to something else whilst you're in prison (unless you just want to click on the bed that is). One that stands out for me is ME with the slave in prison scenario so once put in prison you'd be locked in furniture for a while (preventing you from clicking on the bed, although you could wait) and then you would have random (albeit a small number) of events that would trigger. And then when you finally did come out of prison you'd be sold to a owner. (bit of doubling back I guess at I think that triggered another auction but still ..) 

Haven't really found mods that were as good as ME whilst in prison. A cut down slave in prison mod on it's own would be great. 

Also not sure if PO could trigger once in prison (ie: cut out the initial arrest) and that would also give additional scenarios. 

15 hours ago, Nymra said:

Ok, I ll just put in some new ideas that at least seem simple:

New Slavery outcome ideas:

These are meant as easily replayable

Crime 

Collar 

- drop PC on a Random Market Place with a Collar around the neck. 
Every Collar has its on MCM Option (Pet Collar, Slave Collar, Slut Collar (Cursed Collar already covered)-> Pet Collar Mod & DCL) 

Doggy 

- drop PC on a Random Market Place with the Doggy Curse active (Beeing A Doggy)

I bet there are more mods that could easyily be tied in to this? 

Basically at quest start the PC gets teleported to the location (town gate if market place is not working - or maybe just in one of the taverns instead)
And then auto equip the required item to start the quest? 

i like these. i mean, from what i have seen, everyone has their own "thing" they like, and giving outcomes to expand the bridge functionality and compatibility from SS++ is always something that should be seen as welcome. problem is, too many idea, not enough modders :(

the marketplace idea could be cool, like really. i can see this idea developed even further than just being sent to prison afterwards. like sent to the marketplace in a town, and having that town hold their own little auction, and then whoever buys the PC, then sends the PC on errands to pay off their value. and the errands would be dependant to the role of the NPC (ie farmer , store owner, guard....) and then having specific conditions, from restraints being worn (with option of none for those who don't want it), to debuffs, and other kinds fo things the player could have imposed to make the errands that much harder. this outcome has tons of possibilities, but again, would have to be a mod that connects as a bridge option to the SS++ mod.

the collar ideas are awesome too, as is BAD reference as well. someone mentioned the Deadric influence as well which i think is awesome, given the world the PC lives in. personally, i would love to see bridges between Devious Adventures, like deliveries and such, or even some kind of links to Devious Stories, if that one ever gets finished...

i would maybe suggest starting a new idea thread out there, and see what can be developed and see if anyone would be willing to create this.

18 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

if their game has problems, it's that mod's problem, so fix it.  Now.  DFW offered some nice things, when they actually worked, but it wasn't worth buying into the problems that went with it. 

yeah i get this. still though, maybe having an option of SS++ with DFW supported, and one without, since both would work anyway, might be a way to appease those of us who like DFW, even though DFW has its issues. still a suggestion, and hopeful of course, but not holding my breath, cause you know.. breathing is very important ?

14 hours ago, merManc said:

I didn't think creating outcomes itself was ever what SS was designed to do.

Well... funny you should phrase it that way. XD

See, originally having its own outcomes was *exactly* what SS was designed to do. I just turned out to be terrible at making those outcomes and stumbled onto the bridge idea quite accidentally. 

But you are quite right - SS is simply a bridge mod to other mods and, though he is welcome to do what he wants with it, I don't think Hex is going to change that.

14 minutes ago, jfraser said:

Well... funny you should phrase it that way. XD

See, originally having its own outcomes was *exactly* what SS was designed to do. I just turned out to be terrible at making those outcomes and stumbled onto the bridge idea quite accidentally. 

But you are quite right - SS is simply a bridge mod to other mods and, though he is welcome to do what he wants with it, I don't think Hex is going to change that.

Ha. I didn't know that!

It works beautifully as the bridge though. You have a mod that packages the player character up and ships them off, a mod eagerly waiting to sign for the parcel and unwrap the new toy, and - in between - SS is the cheerful delivery guy who gets them there in style.