6 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Something is seriously wrong.  You should be immediately stripped, then the auction will start.  If you "sqv simpleslavery" the quest should be running (even before you talk to anyone).  Also check that the scripts are installed (perhaps just reinstall the mod). 

I will try that. What files should I look for to see if I am missing something?

6 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Just for reference, the SE version of Simple Slavery++ works well with Sexlab Defeat SSE 5.3.5. I have tested that combination.

When Simple Slavery is installed after Sexlab Defeat, then Simple Slavery must be turned on in Sexlab Defeat's MCM.

Go to MCM -> Defeat -> General -> click List of loaded compatible mods, if it shows Simple Slavery: No, then Simple Slavery is not enabled yet.

Click Check for compatible mods to cause Sexlab Defeat to enable all compatible mods, then click List of loaded compatible mods and verify that Simple Slavery is turned on.

It is installed after defeat and enabled in game. 

1 hour ago, EmePalindrome said:

Oof I only have a sound folder and the bsa and esp. I'm guessing something is missing right??

For the SE version that's all you need.  The scripts are inside the BSA.  For the LE version the scripts are split between the BSA and a separate Scripts folder.

5 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

For the SE version that's all you need.  The scripts are inside the BSA.  For the LE version the scripts are split between the BSA and a separate Scripts folder.

I'm certainly no expert, but I was under the impression that SE can't read bsa files, and they needed to be unpacked.

6 hours ago, merManc said:

I'm certainly no expert, but I was under the impression that SE can't read bsa files, and they needed to be unpacked.

Skyrim SE does not read Skyrim LE BSA files, but Skyrim SE definitely reads Skyrim SE BSA files. The Skyrim SE game itself has all the game resources packed into Skyrim SE BSA files.

That is why when you convert a Skyrim LE mod to SE, you need to unpack the Skyrim LE BSA file if the mod has one, and either leave the files loose, or repack them into a Skyrim SE BSA file.

8 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

Skyrim SE does not read Skyrim LE BSA files, but Skyrim SE definitely reads Skyrim SE BSA files. The Skyrim SE game itself has all the game resources packed into Skyrim SE BSA files.

That is why when you convert a Skyrim LE mod to SE, you need to unpack the Skyrim LE BSA file if the mod has one, and either leave the files loose, or repack them into a Skyrim SE BSA file.

Ah, thanks. That was what I was thinking of - LE bsa files needing to be unpacked. As I said, I'm no expert!

12 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

They don't appear to be designed to be kicked off from another mod.  "Possible" is a very broad term but I'd say it's not all that practical.

ah, ok. a shame. well, i tried. still trying to find ideas / mods to add to really expand SS++. it's such an important bridge, so i love that it has such an impact to explore other mods. it's how i found half the mods i use now and enjoy.

29 minutes ago, crudo said:

Is it possible to be able to edit the dialogue?  It's well done but the jokey auctioneer kinda ruins the tone of the auction for me.

Only by opening the CK and editing the scenes. Which isn't that hard to do, actually. I do find the description of "jokey" a bit odd. XD

1 hour ago, jfraser said:
1 hour ago, crudo said:

Is it possible to be able to edit the dialogue?  It's well done but the jokey auctioneer kinda ruins the tone of the auction for me.

Only by opening the CK and editing the scenes. Which isn't that hard to do, actually. I do find the description of "jokey" a bit odd. XD

@crudo might be referring to this one:

Next we have lot 502321, check out these wares!

I'd rather put stuff on her and check out her 'wears'.  Hahaha!

Thank you for the joke, Dad.  Why don't you put your money 'where' your mouth is and give me three hundred to start?

I grow 'weary' of this banter, so three hundred it is.

That one was a bit of a stretch.  Be'ware' going overboard.  I have a bid of three hundred, who will give me four?

Normally I like the familiar feel of the dialog.  These buyers are slave owners who are regulars at these auctions.  They know each other and the auctioneer, so the banter between them seems natural. 

The puns here though are a bit much.  I left it alone out of respect for the original content and feel.  If it's just this one that's too "jokey" I could add a toggle for it, or edit it if no one particularly wants to keep it.  I just didn't want to take something away from anyone who really likes this particular scene.  It's hard to know what other people will like. 

By the way, if anyone would like to submit more auction scenes, I could possibly add a few.  They would have to be lore friendly and generic enough to fit any player character (e.g., a lot of players don't play as the Dragonborn), though things like gender can be handled with condition checking (a comment about firm breasts could switch to large cock for a male PC). 

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I left it alone out of respect for the original content and feel.

respect is always a good pay to pay tribute imo. yeah it's a bit much but i don't mind it, kind of fun. instead of changing it though, maybe adding a few more "text" options to cycle through, so it doesn't come up as often ?

could always poll some people here for suggestions to add :)

19 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Ok.. then I have everything and it's still not working. Everything is enabled, it says it's running in game, and I have all the files. Nothing is happening :/

20200806205449_1.jpg

20200806205617_1.jpg

34 minutes ago, EmePalindrome said:

I have everything and it's still not working. Everything is enabled, it says it's running in game, and I have all the files. Nothing is happening

That should work.  You could create a Papyrus log and look for any errors at the very end.  

The first thing it should do after talking to the auctioneer is strip you.  If you're playing a custom race, it's possible that you have parts in slots that refuse to unequip, and perhaps that leads to odd behavior with SS++, although this mod only makes one attempt per slot so it should keep going  The stripping process won't touch items tagged in non apparel slots if they have the SexLabNoStrip keyword.  I've had no problem with fox ears staying on for the auction if they're tagged as SexLabNoStrip.  If you think something might be happening there, you could change your race to Nord and be sure that no cat parts are equipped and try again.

55 minutes ago, EmePalindrome said:

Ok.. then I have everything and it's still not working. Everything is enabled, it says it's running in game, and I have all the files. Nothing is happening :/

20200806205449_1.jpg

20200806205617_1.jpg

Also, make sure you have an updated Fuz-doh-rah Silent Voice installed. If you can't hear the auction, that's usually the issue.

15 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Normally I like the familiar feel of the dialog.  These buyers are slave owners who are regulars at these auctions.  They know each other and the auctioneer, so the banter between them seems natural. 

The puns here though are a bit much.  I left it alone out of respect for the original content and feel.  If it's just this one that's too "jokey" I could add a toggle for it, or edit it if no one particularly wants to keep it.  I just didn't want to take something away from anyone who really likes this particular scene.  It's hard to know what other people will like.

Like I said, the dialogue is well done it's just to me it seems a bit out of step with the whole grim human slavery thing.  And you're right, it's a personal taste thing, I'm sure most others are quite content with the vibe of the entire scene.  That's why I wasn't asking you to change anything, just wondering if it could be simply edited for my personal use.

There are a couple other scenes that just seem a bit off to me, maybe jokey might not be the right word, lighthearted might be more accurate but I'm not here to pick on style choices.

As far as language suggestions, I'm sorry, nothing comes to mind immediately but I would say any type of dialogue that objectifies/dehumanizes the slave being sold as that is the crux of the transaction.

And to wrap this up, as always, I'm very grateful to all modders who put forth the effort to build a quality mod such as this and keep at it to refine it so it runs smooth in many different game styles.  Thanks to all of you.

To me, the banter is dehumanizing. They've done this a thousand times, it's old hat. You are just a meaningless trade good, one in an endless string. They may as well be bidding on a table. 

But, as you say, to each his own. :)

6 hours ago, jfraser said:

To me, the banter is dehumanizing. They've done this a thousand times, it's old hat. You are just a meaningless trade good, one in an endless string. They may as well be bidding on a table. 

That's how I see it too.  They might as well be bidding on another workhorse for the farm.  They talk about you as if you're not there because your thoughts and feelings are irrelevant.  In one of the lines somewhere you're even referred to as "it".   That's cold.  It was just the puns that didn't work for me (I don't like them in real life), but as I think about that, that's the harshest of all -- bad jokes while being auctioned off.

So it's really how you view it.  If anyone wants to edit the auction dialog, it's easy to find in TES5Edit.  Sort the columns by Editor ID and the auction topics are all at the top.  Just remember that if you edit the esp you'll have to redo your work whenever you update to a new release. 

11 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

If anyone wants to edit the auction dialog, it's easy to find in TES5Edit.  Sort the columns by Editor ID and the auction topics are all at the top.  Just remember that if you edit the esp you'll have to redo your work whenever you update to a new release. 

not sure you saw my suggestion from an earlier post, but if anyone is going to do this to customize their own convo scripts, why not have them (or anyone for that matter) post suggested conversations to "add" to the current list instead ?

then everyone benefits if you end up liking them, and more convo options means the randomization of the "punny" ones would less frequent i would assume.

18 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

not sure you saw my suggestion from an earlier post, but if anyone is going to do this to customize their own convo scripts, why not have them (or anyone for that matter) post suggested conversations to "add" to the current list instead ?

23 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

By the way, if anyone would like to submit more auction scenes, I could possibly add a few.  They would have to be lore friendly and generic enough to fit any player character (e.g., a lot of players don't play as the Dragonborn), though things like gender can be handled with condition checking (a comment about firm breasts could switch to large cock for a male PC). 

On 8/5/2020 at 9:36 PM, HexBolt8 said:

I could help if you define "fixed".  It's always worked well during my testing, and I recently tested the SD+ post-auction outcome a lot.

The problem is that when you get sold, it sell you to one of the people in that cell and they only sand box there, if you try to exit the cell your "master" shock you until you get back, and you cant kill your master there cause every one get agresive mode, the only way is to pickpocked your master's key, past versions teleport you and your master to a some fortress then you have to escape.

4 minutes ago, Jack005 said:

The problem is that when you get sold, it sell you to one of the people in that cell and they only sand box there, if you try to exit the cell your "master" shock you until you get back, and you cant kill your master there cause every one get agresive mode, the only way is to pickpocked your master's key, past versions teleport you and your master to a some fortress then you have to escape.

Sounds like you have an old version. Simple Slavery++'s SD owners are out in the world.