What do you wish you could do in Skyrim?

Fix the heaps of issues with the game that are to deeply rooted for mods to ever remove completely (dungeon design, AI, quest variety, story, new engine, so many bugs the community can't even fix them all after 9 years of modding, bards, ect)

Other people mentioned travel to other provinces (I would be happy even if you could just go past the borders to Skyrim-adjacent areas... there's a patchwork of messy mods for that, ),

Anyway, for a new one, here's one that's impossible to fix: A better scale of distance. Skyrim is puny, about the equivalent of 50-ish square kilometres. I don't need everything to be true scale, but I'd like to go for a horse ride or hike between cities and have the journey MEAN something. For the small towns and other mods people add along the way to actually matter as rest stops, instead of making the game seems like GTA: Skyrim City.  It's galling and what's more I know it's something that absolutely can never ever change because rescaling all of Skyrim would literally break everything - the game, your mods, the whole shebang.

Also still trying to figure out a good, clean, way to put together a set of complimentary (or at least non-conflicting) mods which make medical treatment, wounds, injuries, potions, conventional treatment all work together.

I know there's Wounds and Combat fatigue, CACO, and many more, but each one usually only addresses one angle of the overall issue. Ideally potions should only be good for short bursts or something - I hate just healing up to full with a swig of a bottle, and want injuries to matter more, with some longer-lasting effects (having to go slow, or use only lighter weapons, or avoid strain entirely for a few days or weeks of game time would make for some really interesting temporary restrictions and roleplay) without necessarily being exactly true-to-life.  There's LOADS of great combat mods, but somehow the consequences of combat have been a bit messier for the community to sort out.

10 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

Other people mentioned travel to other provinces (I would be happy even if you could just go past the borders to Skyrim-adjacent areas... there's a patchwork of messy mods for that, ),

Ya, sometimes the blizzards get old, even with frostfall to turn them into obstacles.

Even the Beyond Skyrim demo just adds more snow.  Why?  And their next idea?  Atmora.  More snow.

As spread out as their project is I don't expect a single province to get completed before TES6 anyways.

I'd like to go to a desert -_-  I also miss the swamps of Cyrodiil but I can't stand playing Oblivion.  I don't think Skyrim can handle it though.

Hey I use Wounds!  Yay Wounds!  Really good for roleplay, since I also installed a journal mod and I need to write something in it every day in character, with thoughts, motivations, etc. Wounds really needs a slavetats addon.

4 hours ago, Harry Smackmeat said:

Ya, sometimes the blizzards get old, even with frostfall to turn them into obstacles.

Even the Beyond Skyrim demo just adds more snow.  Why?  And their next idea?  Atmora.  More snow.

As spread out as their project is I don't expect a single province to get completed before TES6 anyways.

I'd like to go to a desert -_-  I also miss the swamps of Cyrodiil but I can't stand playing Oblivion.  I don't think Skyrim can handle it though.

I think that you can currently cobble together a sort-of expansion of the borders of Skyrim. To the south you can use Bruma, and the west you can use Beyond Reach as well as maybe Haafstad and the Border of High Rock, although neither is as polished or complete as Bruma, and Haafstad in particular is, uh, subject to complaints (mainly about the voice acting), leaving the main inaccessible border area as north-western Morrowind.

There was a project of sorts of that, which generated a huge landscape using the existing in-game worldspace, which was abandoned, and then someone else took up the reins of that but had to do it with the original as a required file. The second modder mostly completed the landscape, but it's never been populated with a town or village or anything. So with a bunch of fiddling and work and some graphical glitches here and there, you can visit an empty Morrowind, but that's about it as far as I know. 

Atmora was a real disappointment. They sounded like they were so far along, only a few months away from release, with most of the more difficult things done. But then they joined the Beyond Skyrim team and they went into development hell just like the other Beyond projects. Maybe they would have hit that delay no matter what, but it seemed like they were making a lot more progress and were moving much more quickly when they were just a dedicated team of less than a half-dozen.

What I really want to do in Skyrim right now is to be able to NTR women followed by sad and pathetic reactions from their lovers or spouses when I parade them around town. I want to NTR Olfina and then parade her nekkid in front of that fucking Jon...

• 4 weeks later...

I wish that devious devices had regular skyrim objects, or that objects weren't part of an animation (or were swappable). It would be neat to decide what gets inserted. Thinking stalves, animal horns, bottles, hilts, foods, etc. 

2 hours ago, Pfojudea said:

I wish that devious devices had regular skyrim objects,

If you are talking about plugs, this has been around since 2015.

For animations there are plenty Object Animations in different SLAL packs. Pretty sure they cover the items you mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 2:18 PM, CookieKookie said:

A battle overhaul with improved animations. 

Battle overhaul like in BDO ❤️

he he he :3...

Striker Battle Style ❤️

Hmmm... M U L T I P L A Y E R ?....

But working one xD not the trash one we have T_T

About my earlier post about going to other provinces: I've build the shoreline between Northpoint and Skyrim, including the outer walls of Farrun and three castles. There are more than 30 npcs with their own routines, and a big port with ships, dock workers and warehouses. A patch was made for the Haafstad mod, so its already possible for me to travel there by horse.

This was accomplished in six months, from January to June this year.

I believe in three months I will have dungeons ported there, and stuff to kill.

On 6/29/2020 at 12:56 PM, Wolfstorm321 said:

About my earlier post about going to other provinces: I've build the shoreline between Northpoint and Skyrim, including the outer walls of Farrun and three castles. There are more than 30 npcs with their own routines, and a big port with ships, dock workers and warehouses. A patch was made for the Haafstad mod, so its already possible for me to travel there by horse.

This was accomplished in six months, from January to June this year.

I believe in three months I will have dungeons ported there, and stuff to kill.

Whoa cool!

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, skirtsdown said:

For me, I'd like to see more "player as a sex slave" roleplay/quest content. Captured Dreams and Slaverun are about the best attempts I've seen at approaching the kind things I enjoy.

LOL Actually most of the content here is about that topic, female (usually) character enslaved and raped every 5 minutes in every corner of skyrim. Of course this is not a complaint but it seems you are not looking enough ;)

55 minutes ago, サマエル said:

LOL Actually most of the content here is about that topic, female (usually) character enslaved and raped every 5 minutes in every corner of skyrim. Of course this is not a complaint but it seems you are not looking enough ;)

Oh sure, but I mean like... all that plus questing and narrative which is why I cited the two examples I did - like questing that recognizes me as a slave and gives me stuff to do as a slave rather than just getting raped every 5 minutes.

For example - I really love the auction the way it plays out in the Simple Slavery mod. I'd love something like that but much, much more robust that involves training to make my character more valuable at the auction. Then of course, being sold to a master that might be the owner of a keep that uses me as a sex slave there and gives me specific tasks. I've got tons of ideas on how to actually implement some gameplay into it rather than just making it a sex sim. Does that make sense?

I want... usefull staffs. Staffs in Skyrim are petty sticks enchanted to throw 1 wimpy spell. They are utterely useless for anyone past early game, and for mages in particular.

Its even more insulting, when you consider that there are plenty of mods that make mellee weapon a solid arcane conduit, like Wizard warrior, Spellblade, Battlemage, Spellfury etc.

Damn, battlemage even comes with minimalistic functionality i want, like casting your own spells through staff and incentivising doing so by cost reduction. Best staff mod ive found doesnt have MCM, or sounds for casting, or hotkeys. And even in it - casting spells with a Rusty axe is a better option, you can bind different ones to different attacks.

I just want to RP Saruman and for once have a use for a shiny artifact staff beyond hanging it on the wall in LoTD.

I just wish the animation system wasn't so wooden. It would interesting if you could havok grab people's limbs, for example, while they're not dead or unconscious. But instead they have to be stuck in their static idle animations. Yeah I guess just animations in general, I wish were more dynamic and lifelike. Hopefully they do something better for Skyrim 2.

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 9:07 AM, Tyrant99 said:

What would you like to be able to do in Skyrim but currently can't, either because a mod doesn't exist for it, or because of the technical limitations of the engine?

Engine: Fix the lighting problem (too many light sources -> some will go invisible

Mod: a real local slavery mod that ties in with Defeat mods. SD+ is sadly not really a valid alternative. 

The mod should be able to keep the PC in the vicinity of its captors, apply punishments, force daily routines, real escape games... basically SD+ as it is intended I think. 

For Skyrim LE, I wish there was a toll, compatible with Mod Organizer, that could say why Skyrim CTD. And I'm not talking just of generic a message like "skyrim ran out of memory". The good thing would be to be able to say ran out of memory when trying to load this cell containing these mods. Or Skyrim CTD because of this mod, for lack of this texture, for conflict of this script with this one, etc.

For Skyrim LE, I wish there was a HTD like that one of Skyrim LE. That's the main reason I still play Skyrim LE.