What do you wish you could do in Skyrim?

54 minutes ago, wokking56 said:

There used to be one that did that "Bards Play Only on Request" but alas it is gone now. There are several other options out now but I have found that none of them completely work (for me at least). I don't want background instrumentals or just the sound muted I want those a**holes to STFU so the patrons will pay attention to my dancing prostitute. Also most of those bards are just as annoying as f*** anyway.

Hell yeah I second that. I have way more hours in this game than I would like to admit but not just because I am enjoying the crap out of it but because of this kind of shit. The game crashes super hard "uninstall and reinstall" start over again. Spend time picking and choosing the right combination of mods that get along, tweak the settings to get them just right and play until level 30 or so. Hell after my forced upgrade from windows 7 to 10 the list of mods that had been working fine through 3 reinstalls wont function together anymore (even though they have all been updated).

Actualy I found a "take a break" dialogue entry when talking to bards. No idea where it appeared from lol, it definitely wasn't there before. Works though. There's a bard gagging mod for LE  but nothing similar for SE. Best I found is a mod that adds a few extra songs so at least you get a bit more variety.

I run MO2 so I don't have to uninstall-reinstall, but I've never made it past Level 20 without some irreparable crash or instability that means I have to start over. Half the trouble is, there are just so many excellent mods. I set up a new playthrough thinking "Right, this time I'm playing with minimal mods so I can actually finish a damn game" but then "Oo look at this one! I'll just add this ... " and next thing I know I'm back up to about 250 : -D   I live in hope though. And I think I'm slowly learning how to buiild a modlist with a bit more understanding.

2 hours ago, A Bitter Doggo said:

Some sort of lineage mod. You have kids with your waifu/husbando, you pass on your traits/perks to them, you get older, they grow up. Before you know it your character's dead from old age and you resume playing through one of your offspring, continuing your legacy.

A mod to advance time (by months or years), without causing save bloat, would be good as well.

3 hours ago, A Bitter Doggo said:

Some sort of lineage mod. You have kids with your waifu/husbando, you pass on your traits/perks to them, you get older, they grow up. Before you know it your character's dead from old age and you resume playing through one of your offspring, continuing your legacy.

While that would be great it might also get tiring. With the time scale of this game the main quest can be done in a bit under two weeks, Sure there are a boatload of side quests to undertake and quest mods aplenty, but I just don't see it being more than a couple of years worth of questing. I mean your "avatar" starts off at an age in their mid twenties it would seem, so even if there is 5 years worth of quests out there you would still only be in your early thirties. The game even shows us some rather old people (aged sixty or so) heck even Kodlak appears to be in his fifties. So your child would continue on with your adventure of raising the best leeks and cabbages in all of Tamriel.

Heck in one play-through my character was running drugs and prostitutes (all about the septims) avoiding the main quest altogether, now that could have been passed on but 20 to 30 years of doing that would not be truly that interesting. Sure there was some breaking & entering, theft & murder and what not going on as well (loads of side quests).

What they need to bring back is the factions like in Morrowind, loads of them (with Guild Halls in most major towns) not just the few Skyrim has and the animosity between them. That would liven things up and add some gameplay. Oh your a member of the Thieves Guild sorry you can't join the Fighters Guild, member of House Telvanni well forget about House Redoran. Not to mention the ranking system Skyrim "yes you did five stupid fetch quests you should be our leader now.' Morrowind (Mages) "you want to rank up from an associate to an apprentice sorry you don't have the right attribute or skill level". You freaking earned it when you headed a Guild there.

Sorry my "oldtimers" got me side tracked.

4 hours ago, NikiRandom said:

If you can't even do it, then the rest of us have no chance ?

the 4 problems i have:

1. the lack of support for creature on creature animations in sexlab causing invalid/wrong animations to run.

2. attaching scripts/spell effects to the dragon's killmove, there are no tutorials for doing anything like that so i have no clue where to even start.

3. getting Odahviing and Paarthurnax to talk to each other without having them try to noclip into each other first.

4. making scripts from scratch, i just can't do it.

5 hours ago, NikiRandom said:

Actualy I found a "take a break" dialogue entry when talking to bards. No idea where it appeared from lol, it definitely wasn't there before. Works though.

Become a Bard has that dialogue option, or one very similar at least. It's intended to clear the floor for your character to perform instead, but I mostly use it just to stop bards from singing when I don't want them to.

46 minutes ago, merManc said:

Become a Bard has that dialogue option, or one very similar at least. It's intended to clear the floor for your character to perform instead, but I mostly use it just to stop bards from singing when I don't want them to.

I found this which works pretty well.

At least, it is doing in this new playthrough. When I tried it before the dialogue option was erratic at best but it's working pretty well right now.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

the 4 problems i have:

1. the lack of support for creature on creature animations in sexlab causing invalid/wrong animations to run.

2. attaching scripts/spell effects to the dragon's killmove, there are no tutorials for doing anything like that so i have no clue where to even start.

3. getting Odahviing and Paarthurnax to talk to each other without having them try to noclip into each other first.

4. making scripts from scratch, i just can't do it.

I have a hard time even getting basic stuff to play nicely.  I think I bring it on myself though, trying for a full playthrough of the main Skyrim story with a full complement of mods including quite a lot of Sexlab stuff, combined with a totally inadequate understanding of how it all works. I've never even got past about level 20, but I'm persevering : )

I'm quite amazed at the things you already have managed to make happen in Skyrim.

12 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

*with a fuck load of help & assets from other people.

Your creations are still fantastic  : -P   It's something I'd love to get into and learn a bit. Modding. Partly out of interest, partly for things that I'd like to add to the game myself, partly so I can better run a large modlist with fewer problems.  I can do a few very minor tweaks that I've picked up here and there along the way, I can use MO2 to see a bit of what's doing what and see where things might conflict,  but anything more involved is way beyond me.

I guess now wouldn't be a bad time to start exploring. It's not like I'm short of free time at the moment  : -D

I wish it were possible to make a list in MCM for a variety of combat and running animations from different mods, that you may select/deselect, and have the mod assign them at random to npc's when you are about to encounter them so that each npc during combat is assigned a different animation, thereby causing an increase in immersion due to different stances and combat techniques. Imagine this in a bandit raid, no longer does everyone fight the same.

Similarly if it was possible to randomize AI behaviour so that you don't fight against virtually the same NPC over and over.

I would like to have an adjustable time scale menu but I know that tinkering with time too much as is would break the few quests which are time sensitive.

I also would have liked to see many of the quests and locations which were likely dummied out to fit on a single Xbox 360 DVD or cut for time finished but even Cutting Room Floor can only restore things with enough assets to actually be completed.

On 4/28/2020 at 3:32 PM, wokking56 said:

There used to be one that did that "Bards Play Only on Request" but alas it is gone now. There are several other options out now but I have found that none of them completely work (for me at least). I don't want background instrumentals or just the sound muted I want those a**holes to STFU so the patrons will pay attention to my dancing prostitute. Also most of those bards are just as annoying as f*** anyway.

Oh I found this : )  It works very well - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20226

I've tweaked it for myself so the dialogue now says "Please shut the fuck up", now I just need to learn how to add a cash transaction ?

25 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

I would like to have an adjustable time scale menu but I know that tinkering with time too much as is would break the few quests which are time sensitive.

There are a few mods on Nexus that let you set the timescale to change automatically for different locations, e.g. indoors, wilderness, etc. There's one that sets it to (I think) 6 but defaults to 20 in locations that were known to have quest issues with timescale changes.

I really like a more realistic timescale myself, current new game is set to 3 via the console. Googling this, I found a few threads where people claim that broken quests through timescale changes are no longer an issue in SSE but I don't know how true that is. I rarely have a playthrough that lasts long enough to find out ?

I have done Bleak Falls and a few other quests on a very low timescale with no problems that I know of.

Guest AthenaESIV
On 4/26/2020 at 5:02 AM, Mez558 said:

A mod like that exists

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59698

Although when I used it I also downloaded one of the more lore friendly looking BP mods to use their mesh/textures

also this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88911

One of my favorite mods, customized it a bit (backpack adds +200 carry weight, and I use SL Survival to reduce carry weight of Player to 60 - so backpack is essential)

Fantastic mod.

Guest AthenaESIV
11 hours ago, Not a prisoner said:

There are a few mods on Nexus that let you set the timescale to change automatically for different locations, e.g. indoors, wilderness, etc. There's one that sets it to (I think) 6 but defaults to 20 in locations that were known to have quest issues with timescale changes.

I really like a more realistic timescale myself, current new game is set to 3 via the console. Googling this, I found a few threads where people claim that broken quests through timescale changes are no longer an issue in SSE but I don't know how true that is. I rarely have a playthrough that lasts long enough to find out ?

I have done Bleak Falls and a few other quests on a very low timescale with no problems that I know of.

Timescales do seem to break things, and one thing that is even worse is altering day / night cycle...

One thing I would LOVE to be able to do is change it so Dawn lasts 3 hours, high Daytime lasts 1 hour, Dusk lasts 3 hours, and night time lasts 21 hours. Would be even better if I could split night into 3 parts, so 7 hours twilight with ambient light similar to vanilla skyrim, have a super dark middle 7 hours, and then back to the twilight night for the final 7 hours.

I know altering that cycle in Skyrim breaks tons of things in CE though (mainly from trying longer days or nights mods) and doubt it will happen :(

7 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

Timescales do seem to break things, and one thing that is even worse is altering day / night cycle...

One thing I would LOVE to be able to do is change it so Dawn lasts 3 hours, high Daytime lasts 1 hour, Dusk lasts 3 hours, and night time lasts 21 hours. Would be even better if I could split night into 3 parts, so 7 hours twilight with ambient light similar to vanilla skyrim, have a super dark middle 7 hours, and then back to the twilight night for the final 7 hours.

I know altering that cycle in Skyrim breaks tons of things in CE though (mainly from trying longer days or nights mods) and doubt it will happen :(

I've played up to about Level 20 and completed a lot of quests with no obvious ill-effects from setting a low timescale. Usually I don't go lower than 6, which is what a lot of people say is the limit for not breaking anything. I'll press on with this playthrough anyway and see what happens, I really dislike the way time flies with the default setting.

Thank you so much for that backpack link though :)  I just dropped it into my SE modlist and it appears to be working perfectly. If it turns out to be reliable (even though it's an LE mod I mean), I will be so happy. I've wanted this for ages.

Guest AthenaESIV
48 minutes ago, Not a prisoner said:

Thank you so much for that backpack link though :)  I just dropped it into my SE modlist and it appears to be working perfectly. If it turns out to be reliable (even though it's an LE mod I mean), I will be so happy. I've wanted this for ages.

Nice! Glad you like it, I love that mod too.

Is the Dragonborn female in your game? And do you use SL Survival?

If so, you can use that backpack to a great effect: Set the SL Survival carry weight penalty for women to max... Then, using xEdit, change the backpack Fortify Carry Weight buff in Campfire mod (the mod that the backpack mod I linked uses) to +200... Now, your Dragonborn MUST keep everything in her backpack or she cannot run... and say if she is in a fight and has over 200 in her backpack, she can drop the backpack when the fight starts.

Even better... You can have the backpack give you a -100 or -200 stamina penalty when worn, so while wearing the backpack, the DB cannot sprint, she can only run... With this penalty, she absolutely has to drop the backpack (in order to lose the -100+ stamina penalty) when entering combat or she will not be able to fight well at all.

17 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

Nice! Glad you like it, I love that mod too.

Is the Dragonborn female in your game? And do you use SL Survival?

If so, you can use that backpack to a great effect: Set the SL Survival carry weight penalty for women to max... Then, using xEdit, change the backpack Fortify Carry Weight buff in Campfire mod (the mod that the backpack mod I linked uses) to +200... Now, your Dragonborn MUST keep everything in her backpack or she cannot run... and say if she is in a fight and has over 200 in her backpack, she can drop the backpack when the fight starts.

Even better... You can have the backpack give you a -100 or -200 stamina penalty when worn, so while wearing the backpack, the DB cannot sprint, she can only run... With this penalty, she absolutely has to drop the backpack (in order to lose the -100+ stamina penalty) when entering combat or she will not be able to fight well at all.

Hiya, yes I play as an Imperial female.

I've looked at SL Survival but not really tried it yet. I had it bookmarked it for future playthroughs, but I think I might just install it today and have a quick play to see how it fits in with my other mods. My list is already quite well stocked with stuff that makes the game more realistically difficult. I'm waiting on a major update for one of my fave mods though (Sands of Time Ultimate Deadly Encounters) before I get stuck into an adventure, so I think I'll have a play with Survival in the meantime.

I'm hoping that Simply Knock isn't a hard requirement as I already have an alternative to that which works better for me.

I use a mod called Cardio that effects stamina ... basically it drains your stamina according to how much you are carrying, so long story short you can't run far, never mind sprint, if you're loaded down with tat and loot. If you get into a fight while heavily loaded you will have zero stamina for power attacks or running away. You can rest and regain stamina slowly but if you're still loaded up then it won't last long. Magic resources are effected too. It makes the whole game a lot more challenging and makes you think carefully about what situations you get yourself into.

I have an alchemy and potions mod, which stops you just necking health potions or anything like that during a fight. Potion effects take time to work, so you can't just stop mid-fight and drink your health/magicka/stamina back up to 100%.

Then there's "Wounds" which is a great mod for more reality ... if a fight doesn't go well (or even if you jump from too much height or whatever) you can get seriously injured. Arm injuries will stop you using hand weapons or shields, and leg injuries will slow you right down, and concussion has all kinds of negative effects. A challenging fight or dungeon crawl or quest can have you coming out the other end with all kinds of injuries which take time and medicine to heal.

I discovered with the backpack mod that as a container it seems to have no capacity limit, or if it does I didn't find it. I tried a Campfire backpack with 50 capacity, and test-loaded it with about a dozen large tents no problem. Not sure if that's a glitch because it's an LE mod running in SE or if that's how it's supposed to work. All good though, as the weight still counts towards my inventory weight and Cardio will totally stop me cheating by stuffing loads of items in my backpack. It's just dead handy being able to offload a rucsack full of crap in one go and stash it somewhere while you go off burgling or whatever. Or potentially being forced to drop it so I can run away from some situation or other. Great stuff. This should have been in the game mechanics from the start.

I'll give Survival a try this afternoon anyway. See how it fits in and if it plays nicely with everything else : )

Guest AthenaESIV
5 hours ago, Not a prisoner said:

Hiya, yes I play as an Imperial female.

I've looked at SL Survival but not really tried it yet. I had it bookmarked it for future playthroughs, but I think I might just install it today and have a quick play to see how it fits in with my other mods. My list is already quite well stocked with stuff that makes the game more realistically difficult. I'm waiting on a major update for one of my fave mods though (Sands of Time Ultimate Deadly Encounters) before I get stuck into an adventure, so I think I'll have a play with Survival in the meantime.

I'm hoping that Simply Knock isn't a hard requirement as I already have an alternative to that which works better for me.

I use a mod called Cardio that effects stamina ... basically it drains your stamina according to how much you are carrying, so long story short you can't run far, never mind sprint, if you're loaded down with tat and loot. If you get into a fight while heavily loaded you will have zero stamina for power attacks or running away. You can rest and regain stamina slowly but if you're still loaded up then it won't last long. Magic resources are effected too. It makes the whole game a lot more challenging and makes you think carefully about what situations you get yourself into.

I have an alchemy and potions mod, which stops you just necking health potions or anything like that during a fight. Potion effects take time to work, so you can't just stop mid-fight and drink your health/magicka/stamina back up to 100%.

Then there's "Wounds" which is a great mod for more reality ... if a fight doesn't go well (or even if you jump from too much height or whatever) you can get seriously injured. Arm injuries will stop you using hand weapons or shields, and leg injuries will slow you right down, and concussion has all kinds of negative effects. A challenging fight or dungeon crawl or quest can have you coming out the other end with all kinds of injuries which take time and medicine to heal.

I discovered with the backpack mod that as a container it seems to have no capacity limit, or if it does I didn't find it. I tried a Campfire backpack with 50 capacity, and test-loaded it with about a dozen large tents no problem. Not sure if that's a glitch because it's an LE mod running in SE or if that's how it's supposed to work. All good though, as the weight still counts towards my inventory weight and Cardio will totally stop me cheating by stuffing loads of items in my backpack. It's just dead handy being able to offload a rucsack full of crap in one go and stash it somewhere while you go off burgling or whatever. Or potentially being forced to drop it so I can run away from some situation or other. Great stuff. This should have been in the game mechanics from the start.

I'll give Survival a try this afternoon anyway. See how it fits in and if it plays nicely with everything else : )

Nice, some of those mods sound really good, I will give Cardio a try I think.

SL Survival is a good mod, I think you'll like it if you have an interest in LL mods lol

2 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

Nice, some of those mods sound really good, I will give Cardio a try I think.

SL Survival is a good mod, I think you'll like it if you have an interest in LL mods lol

Yeah definitely recommend Cardio if you like a bit of realistic difficulty. Such a lightweight and uncomplicated mod but changes everything.

Spent the evening in a new game with Survival installed. It's absolutely brilliant ?  I mean aside from just the explicit LL stuff, it adds a whole new layer of roleplay and difficulty to the game. Great stuff.