7 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

thank you, found it.

Seems to work fine For PC/NPC. No problems with the camera so far.

the second/third actor are optional, the animation works fine without them.

the animation depends on the "FurnitureExecutioner" keyword.

i´ve been looking 2 hours now, but i cannot find the animation within the animation Graph.

If someone wants to lend me a hand finding it so i can remove the conditions, that would be appreciated.

it´s allowed to build with the existing animation-behavior a "copy" inside your own mod a new furniture with all the suiting animations in it-they have only to be renamed to come not as duplicated under ck. It´s then up to you what you choose for your animations, depending what you want to see. And of course can conditions of your new made furniture have alternative settings. As far i have in mind is in that quest also the executioneer using the keyword "IsExecutioneer"...which should lead to the animation-graph inside of ck as well.

I would build it from new in an own furniture and let the vanilla furniture as is, and not edit it´s conditions.

It´s inside of the humanoid-animation-graphs, furnitures-maybe then: under chairs-ggg-it´s a sort of chair!!

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

It´s inside of the humanoid-animation-graphs, furnitures-maybe then: under chairs-ggg-it´s a sort of chair!!

There are some entrys under "chair"

Graph.jpg.48d592dbe270374f7966f699b1e237b8.jpg

But they seem to be broken. At least the wont work when i try to call them from the script the "IdleHeadChop" however works.

I just need to find this one to get the name of the associated AnimEvent, so i can create the duplicate as described by you.

3 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

There are some entrys under "chair"

Graph.jpg.48d592dbe270374f7966f699b1e237b8.jpg

But they seem to be broken. At least the wont work when i try to call them from the script the "IdleHeadChop" however works.

I just need to find this one to get the name of the associated AnimEvent, so i can create the duplicate as described by you.

Yes, and all this entries are not broken, they are part of different head chopping-situations, which can be driven by script or quest-or both-combined with AI-packs.

If you want to copy one of them for your mod, I would do that for all of them:

executionee

executioner

guard-root

All their conditions lead to the function of the actors and their USE of the furniture: you can see from which direction they do enter the furniture, so to stand at their correct place, by doing the correct job. The one with the axe must have such axe equipped-which is of course self-explaining.

"Enter-Instant" is "mostly" the action itself, under zap, I use "loop", because I personally think it´s better suiting to the middle part action description of a furniture´s action.

(wood chopping is another furniture-!!)

For getting a player´s pose, the LOOSE "idleExecutionerChop_player" can be used. I think that this idle (under LOOSE-idles available) is call-able by script easily.

The furniture itself is putting the action together, by using the added "Head-Chop-Block-Hookup-Script". Inside of that script you will see the "plan" how it works all together.

IF you want all animations to be part of a furniture, you have to take the dedicated idles and rebuild the furniture under FNIS.

BUT:  and this is the persisting problem: -FNIS is not always playing the entry-and exit animations and it doesn´t make sense to try to get a suiting syncronisation without a way, like sexLab is doing it-which would damage such an overall scene.

The only single solution is to use ONLY the loop-idles for the executioneer´s axe-cut-down and bring that together time-dependent with the idle-waiting of the victim. The overall scene after the head-cut is yours.

I would start in this way: copy-paste one of the executioner´s furniture-set-up, rename it to become a new unique-furniture-block for a new executioner, add a new global keyword for it and add that keyword to a copy of the head-chopping block (which you also have copied) and begin with the script and the vanilla head-chopping block, so that the NPC is overtaking the JOB for the axe-swinging-hooligan. If that works on demand, I´d start adding the LOOSE idle into the script. The idle for the victim can be choosen by a property. The script has to start, as soon the victim is in position. And the script has to LEAD the executioner into the position to swing and EQUIP the axe. This is the way for this furniture.

There are of course different possibilities. Anyway do I not think that the vanilla stuff can be used error-free to create a furniture without a quest. This may depend on some keywords and specially on the conditions, which maybe lead to male-functions. That´s why I would SPLIT any sort of new enterprise with this sort of stuff apart of the vanilla set-up.

My CK always crashes when load cells, but I managed to edit the properties through TES5Edit:

123123.thumb.jpg.321a41988d59f61b06d9dbe2589a7cf4.jpg

just right click on the value marked with arrows and left click edit, then a window will ask are you sure, wait 3 sec till yes option get green then click it. Then you can change the values. Save the esp with ctrl s afterwhile.

Might also be a way to add new gallows. (Not sure)

On 4/2/2020 at 11:03 AM, Nymra said:

1. could you add the "pee" animation from zaz after the trap is opened?

There is a pee equipment from Zaz pack, just click on the character hanged from console then equipitem XX026d68 or XX026d69 (XX is the order of your zaz esm). Not sure whether that is what you want.

It would seem that whatever mod is used for the 'regular noose' overrides this one. When I command NPCs to 'use the gallow', they just talk towards it and get leashed by the default animation. I get a notification that a victim is locked, but nothing else happens. And if I /use the wheel, the NPC just drops down.

Huh.

This also happens when a PC attempts to /use the gallows object. A regular idleanim begins (with broken camera mode btw) and PC cannot /use the wheel at all.

2 hours ago, Miala said:

It would seem that whatever mod is used for the 'regular noose' overrides this one. When I command NPCs to 'use the gallow', they just talk towards it and get leashed by the default animation. I get a notification that a victim is locked, but nothing else happens. And if I /use the wheel, the NPC just drops down.

Huh.

This also happens when a PC attempts to /use the gallows object. A regular idleanim begins (with broken camera mode btw) and PC cannot /use the wheel at all.

Please read the Frontpage:

-How to install (my mod NEED´s to overwrite anything from Zap, including the behaviour file. after that make sure to run FNIS)

-known issues (the camera problem can happen to characters above a certain size. there is a downloadable patch on the frontpage)

8 hours ago, gogelmogel100 said:

Can you also" help pama " install gallows, anywhere, as it turns out with garotte

That would require a rework. I do have some plans for a simplified version that could be spawned this way. But this isn't a high priority thing right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AthenaESIV
On 4/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, Nimuraa said:

Not a problem. I've stopped it because I didn't have the tech skill needed to complete this. 

Your job is already amazing, and I'm eager to see what coming next.

Your abs necro mod is still what I use to handle alternative deaths in my games, thanks!

I modified all the dialog and text in it (I think I told you about that, basically makes it about being unconscious rather than dead)

I actually am starting to understand how I might do some coding changes to a few of my favorite mods to make them suit my taste, your mod and PSQ are top of the list.

The PSQ plan is easier and I already have some things working... Basically I made the transform skin applied to player have a keyword, and in Baka's SL Approach, I have been editing a lot of the lines to recognize when the player is transformed into succubus and the NPCs who approach her have a dialog about her being a succubus. I intend to really push that to the max, but still needs a lot of dialog edits lol.

For AbsNec I want to make NPCs and creatures passing by the player's body have sex with it kind of like Player Gets Necro'd, but that will take much more work before I have something ready.

Thanks again for the mod and hope you're well, would be awesome to see you make an update to that mod sometime! Still one of the best SL alternative death mods out there imo.

13 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

Thanks again for the mod and hope you're well, would be awesome to see you make an update to that mod sometime! Still one of the best SL alternative death mods out there imo.

Thanks, but I'll probably won't do any update. I've an other project, and it takes almost all of my time.

Guest AthenaESIV
26 minutes ago, Nimuraa said:

Thanks, but I'll probably won't do any update. I've an other project, and it takes almost all of my time.

That's cool, look forward to seeing what you make next!

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question, i'm still somewhat new to this community and to modding in general. So yeah, sorry in advance :)

I'm enjoying the hell out of this mod, Stringing up a killable-modded Serana is probably not going to get old any time soon! I'm wondering though, is there supposed to be sound? For me, the hanging is silent, no sound effects play for the hanging itself (other than the wheel rotation). I figure it's either something i messed up in my install, or the mod doesn't come with any choking sounds. For reference, I was messing around in the "LostCastleOfSecrets" location, which I believe comes with TaraUltimateFurniturePack, and using the gallows found there does give some really awesome choking sound effects. So... they exist, and they do work on my install, in general. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but i'm struggling to figure out how this works. Do I need to fix something on my end to make it work, or does the mod simply not provide those sound effects? In that case, i highly recommend adding them :D

Glad you like it.

It doesn't come with any sounds by Default. And as far as i know there are no chocking sounds included within Zap.

Since you have TUFP installed, i suspect your sounds come either from that, or from Zaira´s ZaZ Extension Pack.

Problem is that these two are incompatible with the current ZAP version. because of that i didnt want to make my mod dependent on them just for the sounds.

t.ara said that she would include some sounds in the Zap9 Release, so this will likely be remedied there.

Something you can do:

The Gallow has optional slots for sounds already implemented, which means you could use the existing sounds in your install.

To do that you just need to edit the sound property's. there should be a little manual on the Frontpage on how to do that.

EDIT:

Or you can use TES5edit, like 3MAWDDDOnly1  did in post #179

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did read some of those points in the description, and I tried making the changes as you suggested. I think I'm probably missing something obvious, because I just can't seem to make it work.

I tried updating the sounds using both the creation kit (which does give me a load of errors and warnings while loading), and tes5edit. In both cases, i can find the script, make the necessary changes, and save the plugin. When reopening creation kit or tes5edit, i *do* see the changes I made, so that part seems to work. In game though.. nothing seems to change, no matter what I do. For reference, I also tried setting the nonlethal state to True, and that gives me exactly the same behavior (bool value gets updated, persists when i load the plugin in tes5edit or CK, but doesn't do squat ingame). 

I'm not sure if it matters, but I do use vortex as a mod manager. I tried quite a few variations of edit/deploy/deploy options/run FNIS, and nothing seems to make any difference. It's strange though, after successfully saving the plugin, i noted the timestamp on the plugin file. It is exactly the time of me saving the plugin, and after deploying with vortex (and telling it to use the version that was changed externally), the timestamp stays on that specific moment (exactly what i would expect).

I'm sorry if there's something painfully obvious that I'm not aware of, as i said, i'm pretty new to this stuff and google hasn't really helped me figure this out

Ok, there are 2 Problems:

The First one is on my end. There was a minor oversight in the script which would prevent sounds from being played. I uploaded a fixed 2.0 version.

2nd Problem is on your End.

Script propertys are persistent through savegames. Which means: For updates to take effect, you either have to load an older save which was made before the Gallow was loaded first, OR you have to wait 30 ingame Days for the Propertys to update themselves. This goes for sounds, bool´s and everything else.

Hope this solves it for you.

Yeah, that did the trick. Awesome :) It works perfectly now.

In case anyone is interested, the sounds are from ZazExtensionPack, and it's a great match, providing all the sounds needed to make it work. Just the last touch to make it perfect :)

thanks again, and keep up the awesome work!

10 hours ago, Delzaron said:

By the way, how I could integrate your stuff into a mod ? by merging ?

Technically you dont need the esp at all. All it does is placing the demo gallow.

all used assets are parts from Zap and heretical resources. (If you dont want HH dependency, just include the ropes mesh in your mod, like i did, and include it as a new activator in your esp.)

So you would just have to include the scripts in your mod and attach them to your versions.

FWIW, I found that if you want to execute NPCs who are not 'followers' and are 'non-essential', then if you use the 'Puppetmaster' mod to 'puppet' them, those NPCs can then be taken to, and successfully executed on, the gallows

I haven't had time to try executing the whole population of Skyrim, or even Whiterun, but it does seem to work OK on those at least.  If I manage to try it anytime soon on 'essential' NPCs, I'll feed back on that too

(Only used LE version.  Don't have a SE setup)

Puppet Master was a nice and useful mod but it's a bit outdated (and it seems that some attempts to renew it failed).

Mainly, it has troubles with some animations and it's really "heavy" with script load.

You can achieve the same result (temparily) using console:

1. open console.

2. click on the NPC you want execute.

3. write "setFavorState 1" (without quotes).

4. close console.

At this point the NPC is exactly like a follower you gave a command to do something and it will follow you until the command will be given. So, you can "point" at the gallow and order the NPC to use it.

1 hour ago, NicoleDragoness said:

Puppet Master was a nice and useful mod but it's a bit outdated (and it seems that some attempts to renew it failed).

Mainly, it has troubles with some animations and it's really "heavy" with script load.

You can achieve the same result (temparily) using console:

1. open console.

2. click on the NPC you want execute.

3. write "setFavorState 1" (without quotes).

4. close console.

At this point the NPC is exactly like a follower you gave a command to do something and it will follow you until the command will be given. So, you can "point" at the gallow and order the NPC to use it.

Thanks for that

Good advice is always much appreciated ?

@PicklePackle I don't think this is connected to UFO.

The Gallow is at its Base still a Furniture, and UFO wont prevent NPC´s from using them. And Neither would an attached script.

Sometimes the activator Box of the Gallow is a bit wonky when trying to command someone to use it.

just try moving the crosshair around at the Gallow until the "use" option shows up. This usually doesn't work instantly even for me, but this is a problem with the .Nif file of the Gallow itself and therefore outside of my control.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:20 PM, Pamatronic said:

@PicklePackle I don't think this is connected to UFO.

The Gallow is at its Base still a Furniture, and UFO wont prevent NPC´s from using them. And Neither would an attached script.

Sometimes the activator Box of the Gallow is a bit wonky when trying to command someone to use it.

just try moving the crosshair around at the Gallow until the "use" option shows up. This usually doesn't work instantly even for me, but this is a problem with the .Nif file of the Gallow itself and therefore outside of my control.

Oh yeah, ok. I figured it out. Thanks for the response. I just didn't understand how followers worked. Two issues I did find when using it, is it seems that the follower doesn't actually die, just turns into a ragdoll. Which means I can't loot or drag the corpse around at all. I don't know if there's an option to fix this, so correct me if I'm wrong. Also when hung the ragdoll will just spin indefinitely on the rope, which is a little annoying too. I would prefer if there wasn't a spin. I can never tell if this type of stuff is an issue with the mod or conflictions with other mods. 

Otherwise this is a really cool mod and I would like to see where it goes. I also look forward to the other devices you make.