36 minutes ago, khajiitguy said:

Oh, okay, but when it comes to ZAP8, there are 2 options i can choose and i dont know which one should i download...

Also, when i download them, which files should i put into DATA? And can i see them in the vortex after i did this?

Thank you for your help!

Use the version depending on the body you are using UNP (UUNP) or CBBE.

I use the 7z program to unpack. I don't use Vortex or NMM, so I can't answer you.

Okay, so now in vortex there is FNIS and SKYUI and XP32MaximumSkeleton Special Extended , and SKSE64 is okay as well. RaceMenu was required for XP32 but somewhere i read that actually i don't need it, or do i? Before i keep going i'd like to know what should happen if i did everything good for now :D SKYUI menu is okay in game, but XP32 should have a menu as well there, am i right?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, is there a chance to place the gallow somewhere else, without using the creation kit? I just saw your Deadly Furniture script and you wrote there that u can spawn the items with console commands. Im not sure it means what i mean, my english is not perfect :D

So i mean, is there a console command to move the gallow ingame?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello .i want to build a new gallow in the other mod's sence. I box select all parts of gallow in Creation Kits and copy them to the other sence . So far i think everything alright.

But after saving and into the game ,i found the new gallow has no rope. I reload that mod in Creation Kits and found the rope in the ESP was also missing.   Why?

3 hours ago, Sakuya4399 said:

hello .i want to build a new gallow in the other mod's sence. I box select all parts of gallow in Creation Kits and copy them to the other sence . So far i think everything alright.

But after saving and into the game ,i found the new gallow has no rope. I reload that mod in Creation Kits and found the rope in the ESP was also missing.   Why?

The Rope and its resources are defined within my mod. If you want it to appear, you need to add my mod as a dependency, or add heretical resources as a dependency and use one of the ropes included there.

1 hour ago, Pamatronic said:

The Rope and its resources are defined within my mod. If you want it to appear, you need to add my mod as a dependency, or add heretical resources as a dependency and use one of the ropes included there.

ok,thank you. But how to add a dependency? i never did this. 

5 minutes ago, Sakuya4399 said:

ok,thank you. But how to add a dependency? i never did this. 

usually if you place stuff from another mod, your currently active esp should include this mod as a dependency automatically. Try placing a new rope, rather than just copying it over, maybe that works.

Hey I was wondering, there's this mod that applies physics and movement to store signs for added immersion called

"Blowing in the Wind"  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73916

I'm curious if that effect could be applied to the havok rope and ragdolls making the hanged character "sway in the breeze", and if that would be difficult to write in? 

I'm honestly tempted to try modding that in myself if it isn't too hard....I know Pama is busy with Deadly Furniture's development, but I certainly would love to see added immersion to this wonderful gallows mod.

12 hours ago, blujayke said:

Hey I was wondering, there's this mod that applies physics and movement to store signs for added immersion called

"Blowing in the Wind"  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73916

I'm curious if that effect could be applied to the havok rope and ragdolls making the hanged character "sway in the breeze", and if that would be difficult to write in? 

I'm honestly tempted to try modding that in myself if it isn't too hard....I know Pama is busy with Deadly Furniture's development, but I certainly would love to see added immersion to this wonderful gallows mod.

Moving store Signs / Lanterns are actually just animated nifs and have nothing to do with the physics engine.

And animating dead actors doesn't work. at least not in a controlled way. I tried it.

the only possible way i could think of is to constantly apply some havoc impulses with a script. but this would come with propblems:

1: Heavy papyrus load.

2: a series of sharp physic impulses would hardly look like gentle swaying in the wind.

Finally after few days of trying to solve my problem I found the answear.

So I had a really weird problem with a gallow.

When my character was killed in the automatic mode somehow rope was detaching from the neck and my character's body would hit the ground and freeze in a weird position,when I was killing my character using the lever there was 50% chance that my charcter would die like you intended or like I said before.

First I thought that it was some follower mod messing things up but it turned out that this mod  bellow was the culprit.

This mod messes with the furnitures but I didn't need to delete it.

All I needed to do was to open the mcm in skyrim and change "intial lockdown time" to 0 in the mod's options.

Still this mod might cause conflicts if you are playing with furniture.

On 11/23/2020 at 2:44 AM, DioTorpedo said:

Finally after few days of trying to solve my problem I found the answear.

So I had a really weird problem with a gallow.

When my character was killed in the automatic mode somehow rope was detaching from the neck and my character's body would hit the ground and freeze in a weird position,when I was killing my character using the lever there was 50% chance that my charcter would die like you intended or like I said before.

First I thought that it was some follower mod messing things up but it turned out that this mod  bellow was the culprit.

This mod messes with the furnitures but I didn't need to delete it.

All I needed to do was to open the mcm in skyrim and change "intial lockdown time" to 0 in the mod's options.

Still this mod might cause conflicts if you are playing with furniture.

Thanks you for this Info.

This is just one of those mods which run some scripts whenever the player enters ANY type of Zap Furniture. which is just terrible practice since it will cause incompatibilities with everything else that uses Zap furnitures.

In this case it conflicts with my Gallows build in locking mechanism. I assume that setting "intial lockdown time" to 0 disables DFW´s locking and therefore avoids the conflict,

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this. Would you please consider including a furniture (just the gallows and scripted rope pre-attached, without the stairs / stage / trapdoor) which can be spawned by a spell? The spell is nice to have, I can always placeatme. As it is now, I need to spawn them separate as they come from two different mods, and I'm not sure how to attach the rope by script / console.

Also I notice that the rope does not have havok. I know there is a havoked rope in heretical resources, which allows the ragdoll to dangle, have you considered using that?

10 hours ago, SAC said:

Thank you for this. Would you please consider including a furniture (just the gallows and scripted rope pre-attached, without the stairs / stage / trapdoor) which can be spawned by a spell?

This has been considered for a long time, there´s just always something else popping up. But i´ll add something like that to my next patreon vote options.

10 hours ago, SAC said:

Also I notice that the rope does not have havok. I know there is a havoked rope in heretical resources, which allows the ragdoll to dangle, have you considered using that?

Not sure what you are talking about here. This IS the havoc-enabled rope from heretical resources. If it doesn't work for you, there must be some error on your End ?

2 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Not sure what you are talking about here. This IS the havoc-enabled rope from heretical resources. If it doesn't work for you, there must be some error on your End ?

Well, my ragdoll is rigid and hangs straight, I cannot bump into it to make it dangle

19 minutes ago, SAC said:

Well, my ragdoll is rigid and hangs straight, I cannot bump into it to make it dangle

You cannot bump into corpses anyway. They have a different collision layer.

Try grabbing them like a regular havoc object.

If that doesn't work, its some error in your install, or some uknown incompatability issue. I´ve never had this problem and no one in the support thread has ever mentioned anything like this.

On 12/10/2020 at 10:59 PM, Pamatronic said:

You cannot bump into corpses anyway. They have a different collision layer.

Try grabbing them like a regular havoc object.

If that doesn't work, its some error in your install, or some uknown incompatability issue. I´ve never had this problem and no one in the support thread has ever mentioned anything like this.

Actually, collision should work with dead body collision, I just haven't tested it on SSE yet. 

I'll sign up for the patreon, I just can't find the energy right now for starting serious modding on Skyrim after too much time on FO4. Too much reloading to re-test scripts :) 

Packaging it as a furniture would open up possibilities such as directed spells, and cloak spells placing gallows / hanging random NPCs programmatically around the player (I'm hoping skyrim papyrus has snapintointerraction, haven't checked that one yet). The beatup gallow is just perfect for a small-footprint, efficient hanging device.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:58 PM, SAC said:

Packaging it as a furniture would open up possibilities such as directed spells, and cloak spells placing gallows / hanging random NPCs programmatically around the player (I'm hoping skyrim papyrus has snapintointerraction, haven't checked that one yet). The beatup gallow is just perfect for a small-footprint, efficient hanging device.

problem with a placable furniture version is the Havoc rope.

in its original scale, its simply to long to work with any existing furnitures. And for some Reason, it cannot be re-scaled with papyrus/console commands. It can only be done within the CK.

I think i´ll do an activator based approach and try to build one of those things you can sometimes see on the roadside in Witcher 3. The original double Gallow i build works like this.

Sidenote: the command Actor.moveto(Objectreference) can be used to snap the player into a furniture. But i don't know of any similar command that would work on NPC´s as well.

15 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Sidenote: the command Actor.moveto(Objectreference) can be used to snap the player into a furniture. But i don't know of any similar command that would work on NPC´s as well.

What's nagging me is that I've actually built this mod a couple of years ago for the original skyrim and it worked fine (with the havoked rope), but I lost it when I deleted a drive by mistake and can't remember the code.

It was a spell targeted at NPCs: it spawned the rope as an activator near the target NPC (with the simple ZAP gallow as a static near the rope) then snapped the NPC into the rope (I think it used the "activate" function? can't remember), played an animation (from manoose, not sure if it works on SSE) then killed the NPC and attached the neck to the rope by "ball and elbow" or something similar (I so much wish that function existed on FO4, would have made my life 100x easier modding nooses on FO4... oh well). It even re-snapped the victim onload / on cell change. 

The rope was quite short, something like 1/3 of the NPC size. Worked just fine with the simple gallows static

16 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

With some creative searching on my gmail I've just found a version (probably intermediate) of the script I've used back then. It was based on an original by "manoose"

Spoiler
Scriptname ___mslNTNooseSpellSCR extends activemagiceffect  

ObjectReference Rope

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

Target = akTarget as actor

; Target.placeatme(Gallows)

; Target.playidle(han1)
; objectreference FootStool = Target.placeatme(stool)
; Footstool.setscale(0.75)
; Footstool.MoveTo(Target, 0, 0, -50.0)

; RegisterForSingleUpdate(5.0)  ;Amount of time to play the standing idle. make sure this and the "wait" line below are the same number or things will look wrong.

; if (akTarget.GetSitState() != 0)
; utility.wait(5)
; footstool.delete()
; endif

Rope = Target.placeatme(mslNTHangRopeACT)
Rope.SetPosition(Target.GetPositionX() as float, Target.GetPositionY() as float, Target.GetPositionZ()+256 as float)

Target.SetActorValue("Paralysis",1)
Target.PushActorAway(Target, 0)
Utility.Wait(0.1)
game.addHavokBallAndSocketConstraint(Target,"NPC Neck [Neck]",Rope,"Vert05",0,0,0)

Target.Kill()

endEvent

;Event OnUpdate() 

; Actor ActivActorRef = Target as Actor
; if (activActorRef.GetSitState() != 0)
; ActivActorRef .playidle(han3)
; utility.wait(5.0)  ;length of second animation
; ActivActorRef .playidle(han4)
; utility.wait(10.0)  ;length of third animation
; ActivActorRef .playidle(han5) ;Final anim plays indefinitely.
; endif

;endevent

Activator Property mslNTHangRopeACT  Auto  

Furniture Property Gallows  Auto  

Idle Property han1  Auto  

Idle Property Han3  Auto  
Idle Property Han4  Auto  
Idle Property Han5  Auto  

static Property Stool  Auto  
actor Target

Rope was from: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3062-heretical-resources-11-03-2017/

LE: actually, as I start searching more, the author of the mod I've started from was @Nimuraaand I see that you've had an earlier conversation on this thread. The code works / can be made to work.