• 1 month later...

So I was wondering if it was possible to use the same rope attachment effect you use in this mod, to create a "leash" mod where instead of attaching the other endpoint to a gallows, it could be to an NPC's hand.

Because if it's possible, then maybe after years of Skyrim modding, we can finally take Meeko for a Walk. Or maybe Lydia can take her pet dragon for a walk. Idunno.

File:German Shepherd Dog sitting leash.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

3 hours ago, ScroodPooch said:

So I was wondering if it was possible to use the same rope attachment effect you use in this mod, to create a "leash" mod where instead of attaching the other endpoint to a gallows, it could be to an NPC's hand.

Because if it's possible, then maybe after years of Skyrim modding, we can finally take Meeko for a Walk. Or maybe Lydia can take her pet dragon for a walk. Idunno.

In skyrim, you still have to let dogs and npcs and all other creatures walk free and alone. Is definitivly better that way:-)

Deeper impact on the engine is not available.

On 5/9/2023 at 5:31 AM, ScroodPooch said:

Or maybe Lydia can take her pet dragon for a walk.

I think you meant taking our pet Lydia for a walk? ?

Leash would be possible, but it would require someone to remodel the rope as a piece of clutter, rather than an activator. Because in its current form the upper end is always fixed to the piece of air it has been spawned at. You´d need the free moving version.

9 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Leash would be possible, but it would require someone to remodel the rope as a piece of clutter, rather than an activator. Because in its current form the upper end is always fixed to the piece of air it has been spawned at. You´d need the free moving version.

Walking Lydia or having Lydia (or any other NPC) walk the PC. Either way. 

As for the rest of your explanation, I kinda get what you are talking about....Sorta.

At least enough to know it's not with in my creation kit skill set.

18 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Leash never was working in skyrim because leash is in skyrim not even leash..."follow-me" is more suiting here as a description.

Leash is even not working well in RDR2. Their realistic-abitioned team of rdr2 even did not get to manage a detailed textured rope and leather-belt. No tension-drags: the horse is simply walking aside. Animation-system is totally stereotype, always the SAME. They were very, very lazy! Same for other animations of that game. Pretty much 4-10% of the powerful animation-engine has been used. Funny. Standing idles and behaviors of characters, face animation/expressions...very much same, bad, bad faces, stereotype character creation-in compare with race-menu in skyrim, this is funny in RDR2. And same you can compare the leash or other stuff. But that´s of course not important to discuss here.

Only to clarify: SKYRIM offers lot of more functions in depth, compared with other games, it is also if it is older, stuffed with much more tricky functions, leash available or not. And NEMESIS btw. would allow to create such a leash-functional behavior seriously-but I will not do that because the overall work is not worth it´s function.

If you play a quest-mod, nothing is more boring then this waiting for the leash (follow me...) which is a time waster-it is lost time and it´s efect is not seriouly necessary.

HOW many seconds did you spend using the horse-leash-function in RDR2: 20 seconds?, 1 minute?....it´s simply a technical challenge for a pretty much unnecessary effect, which is in a real-life a very complex behavior between endless physical effects. And straight up walking skeletons in a leash are btw. looking FUNNY. no-people, that ´s simply not needed, also not needed in a sexual orientated gameplay.

Edited by t.ara
9 hours ago, ScroodPooch said:

Walking Lydia or having Lydia (or any other NPC) walk the PC. Either way. 

As for the rest of your explanation, I kinda get what you are talking about....Sorta.

At least enough to know it's not with in my creation kit skill set.

This has nothing to do with handling CK, this is stuff which has to do with fundamental add-ons inside of the (animation)-behavior- and physic-engine of skyrim.

On 5/9/2023 at 4:31 AM, ScroodPooch said:

File:German Shepherd Dog sitting leash.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Have you ever tried Prison Overhaul?  It has the best representation of a leash 'equivalent' I've seen in Skyrim.   No visuals, and It can be flaky, and it's not everyone's taste, but it's about as good as you'll get

If you havent used it, give it a whirl, and if the mechanic is tolerable, ask @Inte if you have any questions about it.  TBH, despite it'sd shortcomings, I'm surprised no one else has made even a passing attempt at using it

Corrections!

1 - PAHE has a spell to leash a slave NPC to a fixed point with the mod's own collar.  A bit janky, and if you were the slave, you'd run a fair risk of getting a headsache and multiple bruises

2 - The 'Sexlab Framework' mod had a 'Leash Game' which was innovative, but also was perfect for showing you the other extreme, ie just how badly it would work in adverse circs and, as the leashed victim, you were guaranteed at least severe bruising and probably broken bones too

LOL

Hope that helps 

Edited by DonQuiWho
3 hours ago, t.ara said:

This has nothing to do with handling CK, this is stuff which has to do with fundamental add-ons inside of the (animation)-behavior- and physic-engine of skyrim.

Ahm no. Creating a piece of clutter is something very simple and has been done by users for ages. Requires some knowledge of Dsmax or Blender of course, but its not rocket science.

And scripting the movement patters of characters around that also isnt anything special.

11 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

Have you ever tried Prison Overhaul?  It has the best representation of a leash 'equivalent' I've seen in Skyrim.   No visuals, and It can be flaky, and it's not everyone's taste, but it's about as good as you'll get

If you havent used it, give it a whirl, and if the mechanic is tolerable, ask @Inte if you have any questions about it.  TBH, despite it'sd shortcomings, I'm surprised no one else has made even a passing attempt at using it

Corrections!

1 - PAHE has a spell to leash a slave NPC to a fixed point with the mod's own collar.  A bit janky, and if you were the slave, you'd run a fair risk of getting a headsache and multiple bruises

2 - The 'Sexlab Framework' mod had a 'Leash Game' which was innovative, but also was perfect for showing you the other extreme, ie just how badly it would work in adverse circs and, as the leashed victim, you were guaranteed at least severe bruising and probably broken bones too

LOL

Hope that helps 

ZAP also has "leash", I guess that ´s been used inside of prison overhaul in the past. (Also) Not working serious.

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

ZAP also has "leash", I guess that ´s been used inside of prison overhaul in the past. (Also) Not working serious.

Yep

I'm pretty sure that's where it comes from, but I was looking at game mods, not resource packs.  Probably should have made that clearer

8 minutes ago, DonQuiWho said:

Yep

I'm pretty sure that's where it comes from, but I was looking at game mods, not resource packs.  Probably should have made that clearer

Perfect, know I understood what you wanted to say: Using ZAP correctly means at first hand you need to understand what ZAP is.

• 1 month later...