Devious Followers - Continued SE

Hi there,

I like the mod a lot. Tried messing around with the LDC a bit today to refine available devices and restraints. I used a text editor for that. Unfortunately, changes to the _LDC.pex cause CTD, such as removing regular armbinders and replacing them with the more strict elbowbinders. The problem is that these never come into play. Also, I'd like to get rid of the pony gear.

I tried removing this: ::temp108 DeviceR zad_DeviousArmbinder zad_DeviousArmbinderElbow zad_DeviousPetSuit zad_DeviousStraitJacket...

the game CTDs

I replaced

eboniteArmbinder

wtEboniteArmbinder

wtLeatherArmbinder

rdEboniteArmbinder

rdLeatherArmbinder

with the following further down in the list:

zadx_ElbowbinderEboniteWhiteInventory

zadx_ElbowbinderEboniteRedInventory

zadx_ElbowbinderEboniteInventory

zadx_ElbowbinderInventory

zadx_ElbowbinderRedInventory

zadx_ElbowbinderWhiteInventory

and the game CTDs. At this point, I am also curious to know what the suffix "...Inventory" in relation to the object means

Then I also modified the DeviceList.json with a texteditor, replacing the part under

"zad_deviousarmbinder" :
        [
            "Black Leather Armbinder",
            "Black Ebonite Armbinder",
            "White Ebonite Armbinder",
            "White Leather Armbinder",
            "Red Ebonite Armbinder",
            "Red Leather Armbinder",

with the part under

"zad_deviousarmbinderelbow" :
        [
            "Black Leather Elbowbinder",
            "Red Leather Elbowbinder",
            "White Leather Elbowbinder",
            "Black Ebonite Elbowbinder",
            "Red Ebonite Elbowbinder",
            "White Ebonite Elbowbinder",
            "Strict Rope Armbinder"

but at the same time not changing or replacing the name of the category and the game CTDs once more. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to modify with CK? Because it seems a bit of work to get into it, so i prefer the text editor.

Right now, I am back to normal as I kept my original files. But it would be nice if someone could explain to me how to make changes to LDC and refine the choice of available restraints.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a slight problem, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature. I think my follower started the bondage game somehow, but I don't remember how. Either way I'm bound in a leather straightjacket and whenever I manage to take it off, my follower just locks it back onto me.

To my knowledge, I'm supposed to sleep with people X times, but I've already done that about 20 times now and I can't find any info anywhere about how much I have left.

There's been a message "You hear 6 chimes" or something like that once, that I assumes should be a hint, but it only ever appeared once, and that was days and a lot of sex ago.

Any way to check on the requirements of the bondage game or get out of it through console? (Follower only responds "...")

EDIT; Well, seems like it's a known bug caused by a mod I don't have installed (but I guess something else caused it). Had to revert to a previous save.

Edited by PlsKnotThisAgain

So far everything seems to be working as expected, but when I make a deal she says the line 'now that you look like a whore, lets whore you out', afterwards a piece of clothing is removed and then the game just crashes. Unsure if this is just something on my end or a prominent issue of some other kind. In anycase I felt like sharing it here.

Apparently i'm missing a file, despite having the newest version of zaz animations and got the newest version of all devious devices and having extensively used many of them. Maybe I missed something obvious.
image.png.e867bfe5723d90133a1bc2086dd0a36a.png

Edited by Tayte
On 4/14/2021 at 7:01 PM, evilbom said:

anyone have this issue before ?

after this conversation my game always CTD  i don't know why

20210415031541_1.jpg

I'm starting to think this is an issue on everyone's end. :dissapointed:

There's a temporary fix by turning off the HDT whore sign plus somewhere in the MCM. I could be screwing up the name but yeah its moreso a way of getting around it.

Edited by Tayte

An idea to help with a couple problems I run into with DD...

I believe DCL or SL Survival has the ability for people to remove devices when a scene starts. When you're placed in a chastity belt, those mods give assaulters the ability to try to remove them.

Your follower clearly has control over your devices, as when most deals are done, they're removed. Why not remove those devices as a part of the scene scripts? For example... With the 3rd level Plug deal, the 3rd level innkeeper, and 3rd level merchant deal, when 'Your follower drags you to your client', before you start the scene, remove the belt, gag, or plug. When you have those deals, things stop making sense. If you have a chastity belt, tape gag, and plug (Especially since the pear of anguish, one of the only locking plugs, is always placed upon acquiring these deals), Sex simply doesn't happen. Yeah I mean you get foot jobs but... What happens in a pet suit? Nothing. Scene ends. No sex (I have nearly game breaking amounts of animation packs, nothing happens when there's no oral, anal, or vaginal sex, and your player's limbs are nearly immobile).

If this is too hard to script, perhaps read below, otherwise, ignore below, I'm just throwing out ideas that I've seen in other mods and or this one.

Perhaps to counteract this, you, yourself, need to put them back on after the act, or you get punishment debt. Or perhaps make this idea optional. But I play pretty hardcore playthroughs where my character is working all day, everyday, trying to get rid of 5-7 different 20,000-70,000 gold deals after borrowing a grand total of 12,000 gold due to bad luck, exponential leveling price curves and high buyout multipliers. However... My character can't have sex due to them being all tied and plugged up, which doesn't work with whoring out. It doesn't work with other mods, and sometimes it doesn't work with the follower nor make sense.

You could have a cooldown period for deal punishment if this is hard too handle via scripts, similar to the tape gag deal ("I haven't forgotten about that noisy hole of yours, but I'll give you a few hours before I tape it back up again."), and your follower takes your keys upon the cooldown comment (No, I don't mean key holder deal where they ALWAYS hold your keys, Just as a temp light punishment that could be permanent based on factors such as willpower or responsiveness to putting it back on.) so that you must put it on and keep it on.

Perhaps lengthen the time you're given before your follower gives punishment so that the punishment script doesn't add debt when you're doing exactly what you're told if you get what I mean, or make it MCM configurable for people who want those longer sex sessions, and a adding gold option for debugging when shit don't make sense.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:46 PM, Tayte said:

I'm starting to think this is an issue on everyone's end. :dissapointed:

There's a temporary fix by turning off the HDT whore sign plus somewhere in the MCM. I could be screwing up the name but yeah its moreso a way of getting around it.

The sign still gets attached to you, with physics. Only the game does not crash when the NoHDT-checkbox is ticked. I don't have a clue why. All I know is that HDT itself is the problem, causing boobs to freak out (calm your t**s) or leading to sudden massive performance drops.

Still noone there who knows how to modify the LDC?

Edited by Gopostal

Well frig. Totally didn't realize what the "weird potion" would do or that it would be never ending. Way too late for a previous save now after days of play and several completed dungeons. (I even have the mod disabled this quest is still hanging around.) Yeah, would definitely like a way to end that quest in a future update (I kinda decided the mod wasn't really for me, despite really liking the premise - hence it being disabled - but I don't feel comfortable trying to uninstall it with a quest still running). At least it's an NPC I like. =P

On 9/4/2021 at 1:20 AM, Meladiator said:

...adding gold option for debugging when shit don't make sense.

If you need to add gold you just do ~ (to open the console) player.additem f # (where # = the amount of gold you need to add).

Personally I like the idea of "access" items (belts/ plugs/ gags) being removed for sex acts (and then being required to be added by you individually afterwards). I don't, however, think Lupine00 checks the SE thread that frequently, so you may want to suggest this in the  LE thread.

A question for the thread:

What defeat mods (if any) do you use with DFC, and what sort of outcomes are you after?

I like Naked Defeat a fair bit, but it doesn't quite satisfy me with followers (especially male ones) so I mostly have it on when my PC has no followers... but it might push her into a DFC situation.

Recently I've been using Ashes, though I turned off the "injuries" part. I found with gold control, getting killed can be fairly impactful without being game breaking, with the "lose all gold" option turned on. Of course, sometimes you're not carrying a whole lot of gold and then it doesn't matter.

So what I've settled on right now - if not carrying enough gold or if forced to reload or something - is to just add debt via debug. It's not super satisfying, but it works.

What do you do?

7 minutes ago, Anunya said:

What defeat mods (if any) do you use with DFC, and what sort of outcomes are you after?

I am currently using Naked Dungeons. It's basic, but I like the random chance of a trapped dungeon. And the defeat part works anywhere, except that my party and I are strong enough the bad guys don't get much chance for a little somethin-somethin. I don't use the Naked penalty because between DFC and Public Whore, I'd always be punished and never get anything done! (or anyone, heh heh heh).

I also have Scent of Sex installed with rules for followers and others. It's easy to pause/unpause w/ a hot key.

That's all I'm looking for, this playthrough. I'm keeping an eye on Ashes, Peril, Naked Defeat, and Yamete for future use - see how they develop.

In the past I've used Death Alternative, SL Defeat, and (briefly, to test) early iterations of Peril, Ashes, and Naked Defeat. And while it's not a defeat mod, I have also used FMEA, Failure Mode Effects Analysis. Instead of consequences when you fail in battle, there are consequences when you fail in alchemy, enchanting, mining, etc.

I keep running into the same issue with deals. My follower approaches and says we need to work out some deals to fix debt. But the only deal he gives me is "I'll extend an existing deal by the normal day count. or to at least double the normal days, whichever is larger." Which is weird since there are no deals active. This happens even if I ask for deals. Happens no matter what I do. New save / new game doesn't make a difference. Every follower only says that when asked for a deal. Anyone else run into something similar and might know how to fix it?

On 9/16/2021 at 2:48 AM, Anunya said:

I currently just use the very minimalist SM Essential Player when playing with a Devious Follower. It makes the player essential so that losing all HP just leads to a bleedout state like essential NPCs.

With this minimal setup the Devious Follower always defeats the enemy in the end, and failure in combat is all about stacking on punishment debt ("listen, if you can't keep up your end, you need to pay me more"). When I play with DFC I want my DF to be a highly competent fighter that justifies why the player character might feel compelled to keep paying them and remain under their thumb. I think the follower rape options in other defeat mods tend to undermine this submissive fantasy.

It's basic but it works, more or less. I have follower 'lives' set to 5, so just a couple of bad fights in a dungeon run will result in them getting pissy, uncooperative... and expensive. In a playthrough like this you don't get raped or kidnapped by bandits and all the degradation and humiliation comes from sinking into the Devious Follower quicksand.

As a bonus, this way has less script load. I've tried basically all the major defeat/DA mods (DAYMOYL, SL Defeat, Peril, Naked Defeat), and it's always kind of a coin flip as to whether something breaks. (Not that it's necessarily the fault of those mods, I think my old graphics card with 1GB of VRAM just struggles to keep up.)

On 9/18/2021 at 5:46 AM, rhino_4 said:

I keep running into the same issue with deals. My follower approaches and says we need to work out some deals to fix debt. But the only deal he gives me is "I'll extend an existing deal by the normal day count. or to at least double the normal days, whichever is larger." Which is weird since there are no deals active. This happens even if I ask for deals. Happens no matter what I do. New save / new game doesn't make a difference. Every follower only says that when asked for a deal. Anyone else run into something similar and might know how to fix it?

I have experienced that as well and got annoyed enough about it to ask some questions about how deals were supposed to work in the LE support forum. I think what happens here is that this deal is a sort of 'attractor' once the mod runs out of actual deals to offer to you - then it'll offer that deal and fail to load it (I've also experienced the deep debt deal being the attractor deal, but it's usually one of those two at least with the settings I usualyl play with).  In the LE help section a short while ago I was told a bit about how the deal system is supposed to work, which seems to offer an answer of sorts. You can max get one deal of each kind you allow and the mod is trying to avoid allowing deals which would conflict (e.g. both straitjacket in town and petsuit in town at the same time - so once you're bound in town the straitjacket and pet suit in town deals are both off the table). Which means that if you don't allow a lot of different deals then depending on your settings you may quickly run out of deals to be offered, which the mod then seems to 'handle' by keeping offering you the same deal and then failing to actually load it (this is not deliberate on part of the mod author, I'm sure, it's just what happens given the current settings of the mod's internal dynamics).

At least the above is my current understanding of why this happens and how it works.

Edited by BYJE137
10 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

I have experienced that as well and got annoyed enough about it to ask some questions about how deals were supposed to work in the LE support forum. I think what happens here is that this deal is a sort of 'attractor' once the mod runs out of actual deals to offer to you - then it'll offer that deal and fail to load it (I've also experienced the deep debt deal being the attractor deal, but it's usually one of those two at least with the settings I usualyl play with).  In the LE help section a short while ago I was told a bit about how the deal system is supposed to work, which seems to offer an answer of sorts. You can max get one deal of each kind you allow and the mod is trying to avoid allowing deals which would conflict (e.g. both straitjacket in town and petsuit in town at the same time - so once you're bound in town the straitjacket and pet suit in town deals are both off the table). Which means that if you don't allow a lot of different deals then depending on your settings you may quickly run out of deals to be offered, which the mod then seems to 'handle' by keeping offering you the same deal and then failing to actually load it (this is not deliberate on part of the mod author, I'm sure, it's just what happens given the current settings of the mod's internal dynamics).

At least the above is my current understanding of why this happens and how it works.

Rereading your question made me realize your case is different from the scenarios I've encountered and the setup I described - it's very weird that you experience this with *no deals* present, I completely overlooked that part - I've never actually experienced that. For me it'll tend to happen when I do have some active deals. I could imagine it happening without any active deals if you had, say, all classical deals set at level 0/off and then picked a 100% classical deals setting in the MCM or something like that, or 100% modular deals but no modular deals allowed - something like that - so that the mod would be 'drawing a blank' in terms of finding a deal for you even though you don't have any deals yet. But if that's not the case then it sounds like the mod is not working as it's supposed to do, and I'd suspect a borked install or some weird mod conflict; it's definitely not expected behavior.

Hi, I'm playing version 2.14.4. I think I ran into an issue, and I wanted to check if this is as intended.

The MCM says my follower expects 0 deals. This is a new game, and I hired him about 3 days ago. I think that's odd, because I think they usually start out wanting 1 deal. Does this seem right?

Furthermore, 3 days after hiring him, his boredom went up to 1. That hints to me that he actually wants 1 deal, but the MCM reports that he wants 0 deals (I have 0 deals right now). Does that sound right, as well?

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, AcacGames said:

Hi, I'm playing version 2.14.4. I think I ran into an issue, and I wanted to check if this is as intended.

The MCM says my follower expects 0 deals. This is a new game, and I hired him about 3 days ago. I think that's odd, because I think they usually start out wanting 1 deal. Does this seem right?

Furthermore, 3 days after hiring him, his boredom went up to 1. That hints to me that he actually wants 1 deal, but the MCM reports that he wants 0 deals (I have 0 deals right now). Does that sound right, as well?

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!

There's nothing wrong. Your follower won't initially expect any deals. That comes later. 

Boredom affects a lot of things, and is not a 1:1 correlation to expected deals. For more (and better) information, go to the 1st post in this thread and find the link to Guide to DFC for new players. Even if some things have changed since then, it will give you a good understanding of how things work in DF.

15 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

There's nothing wrong. Your follower won't initially expect any deals. That comes later. 

Boredom affects a lot of things, and is not a 1:1 correlation to expected deals. For more (and better) information, go to the 1st post in this thread and find the link to Guide to DFC for new players. Even if some things have changed since then, it will give you a good understanding of how things work in DF.

Awesome, thanks! I'll review that guide.

Could I please ask you one more question? I noticed that by not requesting a deal for a couple of days, the discount went down from 0% to -2% to like -7%, then -12%. That seems in accordance to the documentation, so that's good. After signing a couple of deals, this discount went up to about -2% and then +7% (good for me). This still seems alright. I know each deal is supposed to give +10% discount, so I imagine the penalties from before are still in effect. However, after a few in-game days, I can see the discount is still +7% or so. Furthermore, if I buy out of a deal, the discount goes back down to like -2%.

I guess I have 2 questions:

1) Does this behavior seem normal?

2) Does the penalty from not signing a deal for days eventually go away? How long does that take, in your experience? I'll review the docs, but I thought I'd ask your experience, as well!

Cheers!

@AcacGames tbh, I never paid much attention to the discount. I mean, I know it's affected by deals, etc. I just never tracked it. I concentrated more on debt, boredom, willpower, and deals-expected and current.

I've followed the forums awhile, and I don't recall any major issues with the discount, so I'm guessing you're ok there.  Since you brought it up, maybe somebody else can give you a better answer.

Wish I could help you more ?

• 2 weeks later...

I run SS++, DF and Public Whore, When I trigger the slavery event (due to debt), the devious follower continues staying with me even after being sold. Anyone has an idea if this can be stopped?

1. Trigger slavery event due to player debt with the devious follower

2. SS++ Slave market scene starts playing

3. The devious follower spawns in the same room

4. The initial "I hope you are not cheating me like the other adventurers" dialogue starts playing indicating the start of a new DF session

5. The follower stays with me during Public Whore, keeps giving me punishments or adding devices.

The setting "pause on slavery" is not activated, but this setting does not seem to have any effect on the scenario above.

Mod Versions:

- "Simple Slavery Plus Plus 6.3.11 [SE]"

- Devious Followers Continued SE v 2.14.4.7

- Public whore v1.0.3 SE

I am not sure where to ask this, but I am running into a problem with 1 of the deals. 

Bear Deal: Vaginal Piercing.

Problem: When equipping the piercing, it does not show up on my character and the Devious Follower does not recognise me wearing it. The follower keeps punishing me for not having it on me.

When I drop the Piercing, it does not appear either.

What I tried: BodySlide but that did not work, and I can not seem to find the Outfit either in the drop down menu of BodySlide, the patch from some pages ago.

Body: CBBE 3B Amazing.

Items in Question: (Vaginal Piercings)

Spoiler

ScreenShot30.png.3bcc213bbde7223501c95dd7fbd9f771.png

Edited by Straze
On 10/13/2021 at 6:44 AM, Straze said:

I am not sure where to ask this, but I am running into a problem with 1 of the deals. 

Bear Deal: Vaginal Piercing.

Problem: When equipping the piercing, it does not show up on my character and the Devious Follower does not recognise me wearing it. The follower keeps punishing me for not having it on me.

When I drop the Piercing, it does not appear either.

What I tried: BodySlide but that did not work, and I can not seem to find the Outfit either in the drop down menu of BodySlide, the patch from some pages ago.

Body: CBBE 3B Amazing.

Items in Question: (Vaginal Piercings)

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot30.png.3bcc213bbde7223501c95dd7fbd9f771.png

You can run the Lozeak whats-it in the mcm (debug?) or replace the Device Settings with one I created in June to address this issue. DD refers to genital piercings, not vaginal, and this file will pick that up.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:01 AM, Seeker999 said:

Device Settings.json for the LDC. Device Settings - rebuilt.zip

Based on my testing so far, the classic piercing deal and the modular vaginal piercing deal will work. YOU GET YOUR PIERCING!!

You should just be able to extract it and drop it in '...Skyrim (or Skyrim Special Edition)\Data\SKSE\Plugins\Lozeak Device Controller' and replace what's there. I recommend making a copy of the original first, just in case.

I have a question to an occurrence that I had today: 

I was walking in the rain and with the slut collar from DCL I was naked. Then I was without warning teleport IN the slave auction in Riften. But I wasnt sold. I only ended up in the auction house and left it without problems. And my devious follower has abandoned me.

So, my question now is: which mod could be the culprit? 

It could be SL Survival, because there is an Frostfall compatibility that you - instead of freeze to death - are rescued to the auction house or it could be DFC, but I paid my follower regularly. I think it is the first possibility, but why has she left me then??