Devious Followers - Continued SE

I'm having a bit of an issue with the mod. I'm stuck at the jarl game. I got into the pet suit, my speech is replaced with barks, but when I present myself to Jarl Ulfric, he says something about my character needing to be bred and then, nothing happens. I can't move anything not myself nor the camera. The game is running because I can wait and the Jarl gets up from the throne and walks away.

Any idea about what may be going wrong?

13 hours ago, Glazed_Golden said:

How do I install the vocie packs?

There's no special steps, the Sound folder just goes in the Data folder. (In my case, using MO2, I created a new empty mod called "Devious Followers Continuted - xVASynth Voice Packs" and extracted the download there.)

I was so excited, I finally figured out where to find the .nif files to put into the CustWhoreArmor folder, for custom whore armour. Then... of course... I ran into a problem.

Basically, whenever the custom whore armour has bare legs, it's missing a chunk of the calves. I thought I was fucking up the export from bodyslide somehow, but that's not it because the exact same outfits are fine if they're not custom whore armour.

So, say, I pick an outfit in Bodyslide, select whatever options, and build it individually. I got to the appropriate place, copy the two nifs into the CustWhoreArmor folder and rename them as required.

In-game, if I obtain the outfit as a regular outfit, it works and looks fine (the calves are there, and the recently changed bodyslide options are present/ absent as appropriate). However if I get the exact same outfit as a whore armour, chunks of the calves are missing (but the recently changed bodyslide options are present/ absent as appropriate, so I know it's the real thing).

This is SE and DFC 14.4.

Is this something I can fix by doing something? I know it's kind of a vague question, but this whole bodyslide thing is new to me. Or is this something that requires changes in the mod itself, or maybe it's a missing part in the conversion process?

4 hours ago, Anunya said:

I was so excited, I finally figured out where to find the .nif files to put into the CustWhoreArmor folder, for custom whore armour. Then... of course... I ran into a problem.

Basically, whenever the custom whore armour has bare legs, it's missing a chunk of the calves. I thought I was fucking up the export from bodyslide somehow, but that's not it because the exact same outfits are fine if they're not custom whore armour.

So, say, I pick an outfit in Bodyslide, select whatever options, and build it individually. I got to the appropriate place, copy the two nifs into the CustWhoreArmor folder and rename them as required.

In-game, if I obtain the outfit as a regular outfit, it works and looks fine (the calves are there, and the recently changed bodyslide options are present/ absent as appropriate). However if I get the exact same outfit as a whore armour, chunks of the calves are missing (but the recently changed bodyslide options are present/ absent as appropriate, so I know it's the real thing).

This is SE and DFC 14.4.

Is this something I can fix by doing something? I know it's kind of a vague question, but this whole bodyslide thing is new to me. Or is this something that requires changes in the mod itself, or maybe it's a missing part in the conversion process?

Does this by chance affect only the custom light whore armor or all three custom armors?
The custom light armor is missing the Forearms and Calves First Person Flags in the AA Record.

You can easily add them via xEdit.

If it affects all three then it's probably a different problem.

3 hours ago, Numa_Cway said:

Does this by chance affect only the custom light whore armor or all three custom armors?
The custom light armor is missing the Forearms and Calves First Person Flags in the AA Record.

Only the custom light whore armor as far as I've noticed. Thanks for the pointer, I'll check it out once I'm back on my gaming PC.

5 hours ago, Numa_Cway said:

This is kind of new and deep water for me, messing around with xEdit (SSEEdit, in this case)....

I managed to open the DeviousFollowers.esp. I found the Armor Addon record (I assume that's what you meant by AA Record), and after a little while I figured out how to add the Forearms and Calves First Person flags as well. Then I hit save.

Are there any other steps I need to take to make the changes appear in game? I.e. do I need to build outfits in bodyslide (and if so, for everything, or only for DFC somehow) or unload and reload .esp or something?

Because I did the steps above and loaded a game wearing the Light DFC armour and the calf gaps are still there (and the wrist ones! I hadn't even noticed before, but they were there the whole time heh). But I'm not confident that just hitting save in SSEEdit is enough to propagate the changes to the actual game.

46 minutes ago, Anunya said:

This is kind of new and deep water for me, messing around with xEdit (SSEEdit, in this case)....

I managed to open the DeviousFollowers.esp. I found the Armor Addon record (I assume that's what you meant by AA Record), and after a little while I figured out how to add the Forearms and Calves First Person flags as well. Then I hit save.

Are there any other steps I need to take to make the changes appear in game? I.e. do I need to build outfits in bodyslide (and if so, for everything, or only for DFC somehow) or unload and reload .esp or something?

Because I did the steps above and loaded a game wearing the Light DFC armour and the calf gaps are still there (and the wrist ones! I hadn't even noticed before, but they were there the whole time heh). But I'm not confident that just hitting save in SSEEdit is enough to propagate the changes to the actual game.

Dammit. I was so damn sure it was that. Because I had the same problem and fixed it with that.

Actually I wanted to be even more sure because now you mentioned the wrist gaps as well (which I already anticipated).

Then again, I have no idea what meshes you used for your custom armor.

I still think that it's an issue between your mesh/nif and the AA not aligning.

Do you have Nif Skope?

Load your mesh and select at BSTriShape -> DismemberSkinInstance. In the second window, scroll down to partions. They all should say either 32, 34 or 38.

If not, there's two ways: Edit the partions in the nif, or edit the AA with xEdit.

If that's too compliciated, I apologize :)

Feel free to hit me up with a PM and send me your meshes, I will take a look.

@Numa_Cway - it did sound like a very likely theory. I guess as soon as I hit save, the files should be altered and just show up in-game with not extra steps involved, right?

But yeah, I don't have nifscope, so if you don't mind have a look at the files I'd appreciate it. PM incoming :)

I did look at the specific meshes in SSEEdit and added the 34 and 38 flags to the meshes as well, in the hope that that would fix it... but that didn't seem to have any effect.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:27 PM, Robmonster13 said:

I found a legitimate need for the MCM option to dismiss a follower.  Got in a little debt to my follower and had to make a few deals.  Interesting thing is that the first 2 deals were not detected by MCM, so I had 2 active deals with my follower and MCM still said 0 deals.  Ended up needing 6 deals before I ran into some coin (MCM still saying 4 deals).  Paid my follower to 0 debt and then paid off all 6 deals (MCM now says -2 deals and suddenly I have a debt of 1 gold).  No matter what I did I could not get debt back to 0 gold.  Made 2 new deals with my followed (MCM now says 0 deals and suddenly my debt was back to 0 gold)  So ... it was never possible for me to dismiss the follower. I was stuck either having no deals and a constant debt of 1 gold or being able to achieve 0 debt but having 2 active deals.  Solution ... use the dismiss follower option in the MCM.  Before anyone asks ... I was standing in the middle of the street in Whiterun and there was no contract time remaining.

I had something similar with deals come up.

At one point I lost track of how much debt I was accruing, as I was trying to space payments out to keep fatigue from building too quickly, I miscalculated and 3 deals were forced upon me. Ownership, Wolf and Dragon. I almost immediately bought out the ownership deal, and as the other two weren't onerous, I let them ride. At this point, everything was reading correctly. 2 deals active. and 2 deals listed at Stage 1 in the MCM. 2 game days later, I bought out the other 2 deals as their buy out price had come down as much as possible. However, I bought them out one after the other, and I think without giving the game time to process the buyout. The deals list showed no active stages for any deal, but it still said I had 2 deals active. Trying to go into the buyout menu ended the dialog. Paying off the debt left me with 1 gold debt, and it said I couldn't dismiss the follower. However the game allowed me to do so, and it doesn't add more debt, however it won't allow me to add a new follower.

I haven't tried the 'remove follower' from the MCM yet as I wanted to see if anyone had a different suggestion first.

I'm running with just DF and SS and RDO. no other follower mods or framework

On 6/4/2021 at 11:10 AM, Numa_Cway said:

Dammit. I was so damn sure it was that. Because I had the same problem and fixed it with that.

Actually I wanted to be even more sure because now you mentioned the wrist gaps as well (which I already anticipated).

Then again, I have no idea what meshes you used for your custom armor.

I still think that it's an issue between your mesh/nif and the AA not aligning.

Do you have Nif Skope?

Load your mesh and select at BSTriShape -> DismemberSkinInstance. In the second window, scroll down to partions. They all should say either 32, 34 or 38.

If not, there's two ways: Edit the partions in the nif, or edit the AA with xEdit.

If that's too compliciated, I apologize :)

Feel free to hit me up with a PM and send me your meshes, I will take a look.

To follow up on this - it was in fact the missing flags for light whore armour in the DFC .esp. Numa_Cway sent me their .esp and it fixed the problem. I couldn't fix it myself in SSEEdit, but that's apparently because I don't know how to save and apply the changes I make in that program (that's my working theory anyhow).

I'm pretty excited to get custom whore armour working in my game :)

@Lupine00 and/ or @nomkaz - please consider this a bug report that the wrist and calf flags for light whore armor are missing and result in gaps in DFC SE 14.4 (I'm not sure if this is an issue in the LE version or part of the conversion process).

On 6/7/2021 at 3:13 AM, throwaway219 said:

Feature request - better support for animal followers.  Meeko talks to me...

Just manually exclude Meeko with the ignore feature.

Some people actually want their dog to be a DF, so I don't want to explicitly block them.

You may want to make feature requests on the main DFC forum, as it's completely random that I happened to be reading another post here and saw this.

Edited by Lupine00
On 6/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, Anunya said:

please consider this a bug report that the wrist and calf flags for light whore armor are missing

Whore armor is only for the body slot.

Setting the flags on the wrist or calves will let you cheat.

56 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Whore armor is only for the body slot.

Setting the flags on the wrist or calves will let you cheat.

Interesting. I may not be expressing myself correctly though because both the Heavy and Mage whore armours have those flags set, they're only missing on the light whore armour... and only the light whore armour has the missing wrists and calves.

Out of curiosity, how does it allow you to cheat?

I'm getting a CTD when getting the "You look like a whore, now its time to whore you out" Deal. Can anyone explain what happens next so I can figure out the conflict? Or if there's already a solution, that would be lovely. The only mods I think might be conflicting are Sexlab Survival (which I love but always gives me trouble) or maybe I have too many animations, but that's never been an issue before. Thanks!

I equipped the black ebonite extreme open hobbledress and the forearms were missing. They were not missing on the red ebonite version. A quick glance into SSEedit says that in DD 5.17 patch forearms were enabled, but that devious followers esp lacks the forearms flag. I didn't check it exhaustively(i.e. the leather and other colors), just fixed it on my little personal patch file, and am posting the issue here.

Posted this on the LE DFC site:

"Hey all, @Lupine00 gave me the go ahead to upload my Device Settings.json for the LDC. Device Settings - rebuilt.zip

Based on my testing so far, the classic piercing deal and the modular vaginal piercing deal will work. YOU GET YOUR PIERCING!!

You should just be able to extract it and drop it in '...Skyrim (or Skyrim Special Edition)\Data\SKSE\Plugins\Lozeak Device Controller' and replace what's there. I recommend making a copy of the original first, just in case.

Warning: I am not a programmer, just a futzer. ?"

On 6/14/2021 at 5:01 PM, Gudulba said:

I noticed that for DF spanking animations, there seems to be no spanking sound. Only some random spanking sound every now and then, but not with each hit. Is this expected behaviour?

Yes. It's not possible to sync them to the animation, it doesn't have those kind of tags.
Instead, the spanks are generated every time an STA spank is triggered. So each slap is a spank event.

18 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Yes. It's not possible to sync them to the animation, it doesn't have those kind of tags.
Instead, the spanks are generated every time an STA spank is triggered. So each slap is a spank event.

I see. Thanks for the clarification!