Sexlab Survival Special Edition Support Thread.

2 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Depends on what you mean by not working. 

If your mouth opens but closes again a little later then you're getting what a lot of people are getting. But the problem is not SLS. It is other mods periodically resetting your characters expression. Cursed loot is one such mod. 

Ahh, no my problem is actually that the button to open the mouth doesn't seem to do anything, not even a little twitch. I'd figure if another mod was also trying to change the expression, there would at least be some delay before it reset, or some glitching in the face as they fight for dominance of my character's face.

22 minutes ago, vesperity said:

#1. I have the licenses all turned off.

Sure you didn't get caught before disabling the licence system? I just took a stroll around whiterun, riverwood and winterhold carrying weapons and armors no problem. 

Disabling the licence system should disable all 'enforcers'. The guys at toll gates remain for the toll. But the invisible activators that trigger searches and confiscations are disabled = no approaches. 

24 minutes ago, vesperity said:

#2. After having that curse a guard will keep coming at me telling me to remove my equipped

I believe you are confusing guard behaviors for the licence system. 

Getting approached by a toll collector or enforcer = the licence system

Getting approached by a vanilla guard = guard behaviors.

Guard behaviors aren't linked to the licence system. Check the misogyny menu. 

There's a bug in the SE version where the curse isn't automatically removed when buying a licence. Talk to the licence guy and he should have dialogue to remove it. 

28 minutes ago, lrk19 said:

Ahh, no my problem is actually that the button to open the mouth doesn't seem to do anything, not even a little twitch. I'd figure if another mod was also trying to change the expression, there would at least be some delay before it reset, or some glitching in the face as they fight for dominance of my character's face.

Yea that sounds different alright. How are blowjobs scenes working for you? Does your character open her mouth there? Because SLS calls sexlabs OpenMouth function to do it's thing. 

48 minutes ago, lrk19 said:

Ahh, no my problem is actually that the button to open the mouth doesn't seem to do anything, not even a little twitch.

Do you have any Kziit gag scripts installed?

They prevented the open mouth/tongue SLS option to work (means the wheel option was blocked) on my Setup.

(oops I'm on SE ?, maybe it gives a clue anyways for the search to find the culprit)

The misogyny was all disabled as well. I didn't realize the guards behavior was from that, but those were all disabled. I know silly but a lot of the features I have off for only other certain little features I like that no one ever thought to do, lol plus I like the kennel. When I did go to him the dialogue was not there reason I still haven't been able to get it removed. I will try again with a fresh install of the mod. Maybe something got messed up from my install in MO2. I have had mods not fully install due to my hard drive being full. Thank you again.

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Yea that sounds different alright. How are blowjobs scenes working for you? Does your character open her mouth there? Because SLS calls sexlabs OpenMouth function to do it's thing. 

The normal opening of the mouth works, but hitting the button doesn't change anything in sex scenes.

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

Do you have any Kziit gag scripts installed?

They prevented the open mouth/tongue SLS option to work (means the wheel option was blocked) on my Setup.

(oops I'm on SE ?, maybe it gives a clue anyways for the search to find the culprit)

No extra gag things besides what comes packed with DD/Cursed Loot/etc, nothing specific for other races.

1 hour ago, lrk19 said:

The normal opening of the mouth works, but hitting the button doesn't change anything in sex scenes.

You mean Sexlab IS able to open the mouth itself during blowjob scenes?

If so that's even odder. Just for the Lolz, rebind the open mouth key and try again....

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

You mean Sexlab IS able to open the mouth itself during blowjob scenes?

If so that's even odder. Just for the Lolz, rebind the open mouth key and try again....

It turns out it was that Better Blowjobs mod. It's working now, although my character doesn't seem very enthusiastic about it. 

20 minutes ago, delgathar said:

how easy is this to convert?  The LE version is up to 599.

I tried to convert using CAE and its unstable, ctd or ils on changing cell its looking like @Monoman1 is going to release a proper version in a couple of days so hopefully @nomkaz can work his magic after that.

2 minutes ago, audhol said:

I tried to convert using CAE and its unstable, ctd or ils on changing cell its looking like @Monoman1 is going to release a proper version in a couple of days so hopefully @nomkaz can work his magic after that.

Nice.  Right now the LE is linking 566 as the latest version, I saw he just posted 600 this morning when I wasn't looking.  It's nice to see the mod author so active.

What function is the "Cursed Device" debuff tied to? I got stopped by a guard while I was already made to wear an armbinder and he confiscated all my weapons and locked me in a magic yoke. I thought it was just a matter of removing the yoke, so I did but I still have the curse and I can't regenerate magicka. I tried sleeping for two weeks straight to wait out the punishment but it didn't change anything. As a sidenote, I have no idea how to get my weapons back, since the license system is turned off, the confiscated items chest is empty, and there's no licensing npc to talk to. I really like some of these features, but I'm worried playing with this mod is going to start breaking my save in some serious ways.

2 hours ago, lrk19 said:

What function is the "Cursed Device" debuff tied to? I got stopped by a guard while I was already made to wear an armbinder and he confiscated all my weapons and locked me in a magic yoke. I thought it was just a matter of removing the yoke, so I did but I still have the curse and I can't regenerate magicka. I tried sleeping for two weeks straight to wait out the punishment but it didn't change anything. As a sidenote, I have no idea how to get my weapons back, since the license system is turned off, the confiscated items chest is empty, and there's no licensing npc to talk to. I really like some of these features, but I'm worried playing with this mod is going to start breaking my save in some serious ways.

Can you describe the event that confiscated your weapons more? Dialogue etc.

It sounds like you were caught for toll evasion but I tried to recreate this myself but my stuff wasn't confiscated nor was the magic curse applied. There is an option under toll evasion 'Gift Menu'. If disabled the guard can take stuff from your inventory without asking you which items you want to give. Your stuff then goes directly to the guard. This is noted in the option tooltip. But this option is enabled by default. But that doesn't explain the magic curse. 

If I were you I'd enable licences, buy a magic licence (cheat yourself gold if you want), ask the guy to 'remove your collar'. That should get rid of the magic curse. Try 'coc _SLS_StorageCell'. Check the chests there and see if your stuff is there. If not it's probably on the guard who took your stuff. Do 'OpenActorContainer 1' on the guard to view their inventory. 

2 hours ago, lrk19 said:

start breaking my save in some serious ways.

A little dramatic btw. 

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Can you describe the event that confiscated your weapons more? Dialogue etc.

It sounds like you were caught for toll evasion but I tried to recreate this myself but my stuff wasn't confiscated nor was the magic curse applied. There is an option under toll evasion 'Gift Menu'. If disabled the guard can take stuff from your inventory without asking you which items you want to give. Your stuff then goes directly to the guard. This is noted in the option tooltip. But this option is enabled by default. But that doesn't explain the magic curse. 

If I were you I'd enable licences, buy a magic licence (cheat yourself gold if you want), ask the guy to 'remove your collar'. That should get rid of the magic curse. Try 'coc _SLS_StorageCell'. Check the chests there and see if your stuff is there. If not it's probably on the guard who took your stuff. Do 'OpenActorContainer 1' on the guard to view their inventory. 

A little dramatic btw. 

It was toll evasion I suppose, the second level after already being made to wear an armbinder and the guard equipped a cursed yoke and took all my weapons. It didn't seem like a "gift" function, although admittedly I didn't understand how that function applied. He took all of my weapons except for my pickaxe and wood axe, so a fancy crossbow, some expensive staffs and thousands of gold worth of arrows and bolts. Nothing else was removed, just weapons, which seems more like something that would be more related to not having a weapon license, but the license system has always been off for me.

The mod didn't seem to have any reliable method of cleaning or rebuilding, so I tried several combinations of saving, uninstalling, and save cleaning, and the result was that on every one of those save combinations, the MCM menu for the mod no longer works. If I play on any other older saves that still had the mod functional, the MCM menu works fine. 

11 hours ago, lrk19 said:

The cursed device debuff has an option to debuff by tattoo instead of the collar make sure you don't have that on.  You will see glyphs around your neck.

I'm not sure if it is survival or Lore but I had an interesting bug last night.  I came up to Whiterun for the initial entry--gagged.  After getting him to understand I tried a persuade check and failed and exited hoping to try again.  Instead he automatically assumed I wanted breast device removed and said follow me and went through the gate.  Without unlocking it. I loaded the save and made sure to open the gate first then talked to the guard again.  This time he had me follow to the jail and removed my breast device.

Is that this mod?  I want to report the bug to the right mod author.  The LE thread is already so full of stuff I didn't want to add this there.  Thank you.

59 minutes ago, delgathar said:

Is that this mod?  I want to report the bug to the right mod author.  The LE thread is already so full of stuff I didn't want to add this there.  Thank you.

Doesn't sound like SLS. There is no 'Follow me to unlock something' mechanic that I an remember. 

2 hours ago, lrk19 said:

and the guard equipped a cursed yoke

The thing is there are no cursed yokes in SLS. There's a cursed collar, cursed arm cuffs and cursed leg cuffs. And that's it. After that the mod gives up (if those slots are occupied by quest devices) and just gives you a generic 'magic curse' that isn't attached to anything. A cursed yoke would have to be coded in and a yoke is too harsh IMO which is why it's only applied while around town in SLS. 

2 hours ago, lrk19 said:

He took all of my weapons except for my pickaxe and wood axe, so a fancy crossbow, some expensive staffs and thousands of gold worth of arrows and bolts.

Did you check the chests in the storage cell like I said?

Nothing in SLS is destroyed. It is only ever transferred. Destroying stuff is asking for trouble. 

That was happening to me too in version 591.1 f SLS. The toll dudes would slap a magic curse on me even though the license part was all disabled. The quartermasters had no dialogue at all so asking to buy or even have the curse removed was not happening. When enabling the license the toll guy would do his job in telling me i need a license and then respond that I already have a magic curse on. I go to the quartermaster again and still no dialogue to buy or get the curse removed. I did the same thing for 5 in game days. It was like the menu wasn't registering anything was on or off.  And the guards from the misogyny part kept harassing me about an equip weapon that I had none of because everything was taken by the toll collector. So I had no weapon equipped. So no idea what he was imagining he saw lol.

I did eventually fix my problem. I went back to the April version of 591 instead and everything is working fine. License is turned off and it is recognize that it is. I get a little toll bug when that is turned off and the evasion is too it still has in the top left about the guards seeing me and stuff, but that is no biggie as it picks up that it is turned off. 

It is like my MCM for 591.1 is bugged and not being read on what is turned off. I played with it in so many new games I was going to give up and just play. I knew I had a working SE one, but couldn't remember as the numbers confused me from 591 and 591.1 as I didn't see the .1 part. Going back to April's version was what I needed. 

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Doesn't sound like SLS. There is no 'Follow me to unlock something' mechanic that I an remember. 

The thing is there are no cursed yokes in SLS. There's a cursed collar, cursed arm cuffs and cursed leg cuffs. And that's it. After that the mod gives up (if those slots are occupied by quest devices) and just gives you a generic 'magic curse' that isn't attached to anything. A cursed yoke would have to be coded in and a yoke is too harsh IMO which is why it's only applied while around town in SLS. 

Did you check the chests in the storage cell like I said?

Nothing in SLS is destroyed. It is only ever transferred. Destroying stuff is asking for trouble. 

Ah okay then, since the yoke was applied at the same time and as part of the same punishment as the "Cursed Device" effect, I assumed it was tied to the yoke. I never had any other devices applied at that time though, no collar, no cuffs, and no tattoos as another user suggested. Even with nothing equipped the curse still applied.

I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to check the storage cell before I uninstalled, although that sounds like it probably would have given me the stuff back. But now the SLS MCM menu won't work for that save file anymore, so I'd have to start a new game to retry; unless there's a way to fix that type of error? I've never experienced it before, so I'm not sure, cleaning my save didn't work.

Thank you. 

Any idea how to make SOS more compatible with SLS?  I'm using SOS for the pubic hair but I can get stuck in an enforcer loop if I forget that it is the pubic hair causing the problem.  Is there a keyword I can attach to things SLS should ignore?

7 hours ago, delgathar said:

Thank you. 

Any idea how to make SOS more compatible with SLS?  I'm using SOS for the pubic hair but I can get stuck in an enforcer loop if I forget that it is the pubic hair causing the problem.  Is there a keyword I can attach to things SLS should ignore?

That's fixed in anything > 0.591. 

For now. Get naked. Wait for pubic hair to be equipped. Go to the licence menu. Select 'Get equipped objects' (I think it's called). Look for an item with no name in the list. That'll be it. Add it as a licence exception. 

Ever get stuck in a loop. Try this. 

@lrk19 & @vesperity

I've found two bugs where a magic curse is applied erroneously. Both of them require devious devices to NOT be installed. Which would explain why I've never seen it. 

1. Licence system on. Magic licence off. Curse gets applied by toll collectors as they give the introduction to licences dialogue. This is fixed now in my version. 

2. Evading the toll and getting caught by the guard. This was your problem lrk. I'm investigating it now. 

That's fixed in anything > 0.591. 

For now. Get naked. Wait for pubic hair to be equipped. Go to the licence menu. Select 'Get equipped objects' (I think it's called). Look for an item with no name in the list. That'll be it. Add it as a licence exception. 

Ever get stuck in a loop. Try this. 

Thank you.  I totally forgot about that function.

I see options in the MCM about other ways to pay toll, and getting your devious followers to pay it etc, but how do you even do that? Or do you have to be too poor to actually afford the toll? 

Also, one thing I think might be worthy of a change would be an option in the MCM to make beds more expensive at inns. Currently, it's cheaper to stay at a real inn than the kennel lol