3 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

You mean picking up a placed furniture kit? I don't even remember actually but i'd try the keybind first, PgUp was it? Should also be in MCM. Would be convenient if picking up was an option when you press E to interact with it, but i really haven't used kits for weeks, don't remember how they work. Kits are sort of "creative mode" thing, mod really works best with static furniture placed by mods and not removable by you.

In any case you can open console, select furniture and use command: disable

Thanks and duh, didn't even think about the disable command. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

i have a question! anyone can answer who knows.

i dont even know how i got to this file, i was searching for solution against wearing a gag with closed mouth. Ill be optimistic and assume this mod has already g ot that fixed.. so

the important question is...

what is the  upgrade of again ?

am i supposed to just replace dda ddi and dde  with this, and the mods ive got already will work ? i dont need to edit master's or wait for the oher mods to get another upgrade ?

Please make a habit of at least looking at the mod page and mod requirements before asking. I am not attempting to be a pain as I assume you are not trying to be a pain either but...This is on the mod page.

"REQUIREMENTS

- SexLab
- SexLab Aroused
- Devious Devices Assets
- Devious Devices Integration
- Devious Devices Expansion
- any requirement of the above mods, such as FNIS, XPMSE etc. Please refer to the respective mods for details.

INSTALLATION

1. Install ALL requirements listed above using your favorite mod manager, including THEIR respective requirements.
2. Install this mod.
3. Run FNIS when done "

It is it's own mod. It adds to the originals listed. You can find out more about it in the description.

"ABOUT

Devious Devices - Contraptions is the furniture component of the Devious Devices framework. It provides a variety of bondage furniture for use in BDSM themed mods, and provides mechanics for using the devices in game. Device behavior can be freely configured by the modder, and without having to write code or handle complicated packages. The devices are fully compatible with DD restraints, without modders having to write complex workarounds on their end."

All of this is on the mod page and then some. I hope this helps.

Please make a habit of at least looking at the mod page and mod requirements before asking. I am not attempting to be a pain as I assume you are not trying to be a pain either but...This is on the mod page.

"REQUIREMENTS

- SexLab
- SexLab Aroused
- Devious Devices Assets
- Devious Devices Integration
- Devious Devices Expansion
- any requirement of the above mods, such as FNIS, XPMSE etc. Please refer to the respective mods for details.

INSTALLATION

1. Install ALL requirements listed above using your favorite mod manager, including THEIR respective requirements.
2. Install this mod.
3. Run FNIS when done "

It is it's own mod. It adds to the originals listed. You can find out more about it in the description.

oh dont mind me, i was just writing to completely different forum than i ment.

wrong file, wrong topic, wrong mod, sry i delete my post from here and write it where  i wanted.

oh dont mind me, i was just writing to completely different forum than i ment.

wrong file, wrong topic, wrong mod, sry i delete my post from here and write it where  i wanted.

Oh, That explains a lot. I am pleased I did not get crappy about it. The questions are good ones but that is all on the first page...I was scratching my head. Good luck.

Hey there, Kimy.

I'm in the process of converting my animations and objects to use the DD-contraptions standard. Should you be interested, I'll post them here for future reference. Consider them yours to do with whatever you please - I do hope their quality is up to that provided in this here fantastic work.

They can be previewed after activating the plugin using 'coc kalmah_test'.

Humbly yours,

Kalmah

kalmah_contraptions.zip

14 hours ago, Kalmah said:

Hey there, Kimy.

I'm in the process of converting my animations and objects to use the DD-contraptions standard. Should you be interested, I'll post them here for future reference. Consider them yours to do with whatever you please - I do hope their quality is up to that provided in this here fantastic work.

They can be previewed after activating the plugin using 'coc kalmah_test'.

Humbly yours,

Kalmah

kalmah_contraptions.zipFetching info...

These are really good! I hope they are included, or if not you can release these as a separate mod.

There is a missing texture from "metal bar" when it's in use (texture is there when not in use)

15 hours ago, Kalmah said:

I'm in the process of converting my animations and objects to use the DD-contraptions standard. Should you be interested, I'll post them here for future reference...

This is just an old archive thread now, not worth posting anything meaningful. Discussion about Contraptions is in DD 5.0 thread as she said earlier on this page

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/157168-devious-devices-le-50-2020-11-18/

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, youlou said:

Is contraption v1.5b compatible with dd integration 4.0 and dd expansion 4.0?

It might be (definitely not guaranteed to work properly), but unless you have very explicit reasons to use that version, you should look into upgrading to DD4.3 at the very least, or better yet to DD5.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, muhavaux33 said:

and how do you even use this mod?

Not without any other mod that makes use of its functionality. Currently the only one I know of is DCL 9.0 beta. But not this version, but the one included in DD5. This one is deprecated.

6 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Not without any other mod that makes use of its functionality. Currently the only one I know of is DCL 9.0 beta. But not this version, but the one included in DD5. This one is deprecated.

I already have DCL but I don't know how to use the kits that come with this mode... I click on them and all it says is "you can't equip this item"

Hello :)

First things first, thanks for the mod, it's really incredible ^^

I have a little issue with it that is probably easily solved with few commands on my side but i must say i'm clueless;

I have the mod and all requirement, runned FNIS etc. All works fine, i can ask an NPC (using the page up command key) to "use" a device, use different settings etc.

Thing is; when i free the npc, the device duplicate. (the "real" one is re-enabled), and the npc keep the "wear device" asset, and position, walking around with the restrain device, stuck with the device animation.

Anyone have a clue of what may cause this and how to fix it on my end? ?

ResetAI and disable / enable faulty npc doesn't seem to work for this case.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been brought up or explained, but if I place a PAHE slave in a contraption either through command dialogue or PgUp hotkey, I am unable to release them or speak with them at all. In fact, if I hit them, their name is even gone from the health bar. I cannot interact with them in any way. This is only true for PAHE slaves, other named NPC's and Player Character enter and leave the contraptions just fine. 

• 1 month later...

I have a follower (well, two now) stuck in contraptions. sometimes they are free and can run along with me and fight. but mostly whenever I enter a new area they arrive locked in their stocks or x-cross. 

what happened was I used additemmenu and dropped a few of these devices in my home. then I told the followers to lock themselves in. but I cannot find any dialogue option to either tell them to try to get out, or to free them myself. since the furniture once placed does not appear in their inventory, I cant try to remove it in the way I would a locked collar, for example. I've given them keys but they don't use them. I've even tried to put one of them them on different contraptions, but now that one just cycles through three different contraptions now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled DD but that doesn't work either.

what do I do about this?

23 hours ago, sacrelicious77 said:

I have a follower (well, two now) stuck in contraptions. sometimes they are free and can run along with me and fight. but mostly whenever I enter a new area they arrive locked in their stocks or x-cross. 

what happened was I used additemmenu and dropped a few of these devices in my home. then I told the followers to lock themselves in. but I cannot find any dialogue option to either tell them to try to get out, or to free them myself. since the furniture once placed does not appear in their inventory, I cant try to remove it in the way I would a locked collar, for example. I've given them keys but they don't use them. I've even tried to put one of them them on different contraptions, but now that one just cycles through three different contraptions now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled DD but that doesn't work either.

what do I do about this?

Are you using Contraptions as a standalone mod or as part of Devious Devices 5? I can’t speak for the standalone but there should be a section in the Devices tab, where you can set how punishing it is, that has a Furniture NPC Action Key selection. That should tell you what button to press to interact with NPCs in and out of furniture. Find which key you’re using, aim your cursor at the NPC and press it,  and that should pop up with a menu of options. Best of luck.

edit: the standalone version does not have an MCM but it should be the PgUp button according to Kimy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...