[mod] Teratophilia

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

I appreciate the contribution, and well, it's a bit jiggly (A term i use often when there are sudden changes between frames of animations) but otherwise it's not bad. The creature has expression and a... tentacle? Well, not the weirdest take i've seen that's for sure.

Happy to help! Yeah, I, uh, "animated" by copy and paste, with some small edits, so there is some very noticeable "jiggly" frames, especially on doggystyle and missionary.

This is basically my first go at pixel animation ?

Quick question Red, I'm not sure what's going on, if it's a Teratophilia mod thing or a Defeat mod thing, but some monsters stop taking damage when attacked, namely with guns, will try melee and Magic types later. And then if I turn a mob into a node with the Aphrodites bow (gotten via the questline) sometimes it will either not work or if it does, it creates a duplicate of the monster, though this may be caused by the first issue, and that some sort of lag or glitch causes this copyspawning.  

Edit: If you know which log would have this data I will try to send it over, though given how the other logs after log 1 fail to load, stuck in queue, I'm not sure how much of it will be able to bring over.

3 hours ago, RagnaBlade said:

Quick question Red, I'm not sure what's going on, if it's a Teratophilia mod thing or a Defeat mod thing, but some monsters stop taking damage when attacked, namely with guns, will try melee and Magic types later. And then if I turn a mob into a node with the Aphrodites bow (gotten via the questline) sometimes it will either not work or if it does, it creates a duplicate of the monster, though this may be caused by the first issue, and that some sort of lag or glitch causes this copyspawning.  

Edit: If you know which log would have this data I will try to send it over, though given how the other logs after log 1 fail to load, stuck in queue, I'm not sure how much of it will be able to bring over.

Do i shoot you? Do i shoot me?

On 10/2/2020 at 12:25 PM, red3dred said:

Sadly, this problem is caused by Defeat itself, and nothing i changed. Instead, i have provided my own Defeat a few posts ago, which somehow seems to work and not cause this issue?

I'll be honest, i compared the code for 3 different Defeat versions, and mine has the most code, and works. I don't get it.

On 11/14/2020 at 1:47 AM, red3dred said:

Issue with Defeat, if you're using "TeratoDefeat", then be aware that all monster defeat supports will cause this issue for now...

People keep tossing these comments out, and do little research on previous comments, it's kinda hurtful to the mod when the last comments are "It doesn't work", mainly when my mod gets blamed not only here but also on Blake's Terramons =l

On 11/14/2020 at 5:25 PM, red3dred said:

... and don't worry, we are at the end of the thread, thus nobody will read it unless they have been keeping up!

... no like, seriously, most people either only read the first post, or the first page of posts, and very few people upkeep with the end of the thread. That's expected at this point. It's been like, 4 pages of people saying "Defeat is broken" until now with some chatter in between...

... Up to 6 pages and counting!

5 hours ago, red3dred said:

Do i shoot you? Do i shoot me?

... Up to 6 pages and counting!

Right, This is my first time in this form for this mod, So it never crossed my mind to see if others had their questions regarding this answered, which as you stated is an emphatic yes, Sorry about that Red, I'll do more research in the comments next time, just need to find a way to search specific forums for keywords for that which I'm looking for. I'll delete the Defeat mod then. Going to look into this forum to see if the defeat mod made for this mod, the terodefeat, was it? If it still has NPC Defeats as well. you don't need to answer that red, I'll sift through the comments :3 all 18 pages XD but yeah, sorry about all of this. it took me until going into your profile page to find this mod forum, as I couldn't find it when I looked previously. I will say that I'm enjoying the mod so far though, and Hope to see it expanded upon :3

10 hours ago, RagnaBlade said:

Right, This is my first time in this form for this mod, So it never crossed my mind to see if others had their questions regarding this answered, which as you stated is an emphatic yes, Sorry about that Red, I'll do more research in the comments next time, just need to find a way to search specific forums for keywords for that which I'm looking for. I'll delete the Defeat mod then. Going to look into this forum to see if the defeat mod made for this mod, the terodefeat, was it? If it still has NPC Defeats as well. you don't need to answer that red, I'll sift through the comments :3 all 18 pages XD but yeah, sorry about all of this. it took me until going into your profile page to find this mod forum, as I couldn't find it when I looked previously. I will say that I'm enjoying the mod so far though, and Hope to see it expanded upon :3

Sorry to be rude, i didn't mean to ask Look through all 18 pages but yeah, it's been a on-going problem and i'm really planning to remove Terato-Defeat until Defeat gets the fix released.

Only other solution i could have is to provide a faux Defeat version, that will only load if you Don't have normal defeat installed, so it prevents this issue.

though that may be more work than it's worth, as it would be used a proxy until, as you said, Defeat gets the updates it needs. Still cant believe all it look was altering that one line in the Monster_defeat.lua file, I think that was the file, going to go back to find the comment that had the fix to make sure, as I think I needed to replace another file completely with what they had (the word I'm looking for is dead in my throat) Supplied, but yeah, That was insane. Still, love the mod :3 and look forward to the next update :3  

Edit: It was the Monster_primary.lua that needed that one line changed, or I think it was that one word that changed the whole thing, Not 100% on that part, and it was the Sexbounddefeat.lua that I had replaced entirely. the comment is on page 17 for anyone who doesn't want to look for it themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 4:35 AM, awdwaga said:

for some reason monsters become invincible after 1 hit

If it has anything to do with you only able to get one hit on a monster and it's health stops dropping and If you have the defeat mod or the defeat teratophilia mod then I'd recommend going to page 17, to get your answer. 17th post from the top.

2 hours ago, kodamant said:

ok so for some reason, the monsters will become immortal if i try to kill them while the defeat mod is installed, no clue why, any ideas? the ones im trying to kill are supported ones

if red got a dollar everytime someone brings this up, he'd be rich

read up on it in the defeat mod thread

I mean.... I think by this point, if its gonna be a while until Defeat gets updated then it may be best to add the fix to the frost page or add a warning for the time being. In theory, that should stop people from bringing up the problem, however, this is the internet.

Also if its alright to make a quick suggestion even tho it has neither pink nor green check mark. When it comes to the Spookit, would it be possible for it to turn both the player and itself transparent? It probably wont work but eh. I'm mainly waiting patiently for the Fennix.

5 hours ago, ixtheinterloper said:

i wouldn't wish this broken record of a thread on my worst enemy jesus christ

Danny Devito screenshots, images and pictures - Giant Bomb

3 hours ago, HighwayDio said:

I mean.... I think by this point, if its gonna be a while until Defeat gets updated then it may be best to add the fix to the frost page or add a warning for the time being. In theory, that should stop people from bringing up the problem, however, this is the internet.

Also if its alright to make a quick suggestion even tho it has neither pink nor green check mark. When it comes to the Spookit, would it be possible for it to turn both the player and itself transparent? It probably wont work but eh. I'm mainly waiting patiently for the Fennix.

Both good suggestions, sadly i'd have to really mess with directives to achieve that second one. Applying things to the second/other actor in general is not possible unless it's a additional layer upon the opposite, not a detraction like reducing their alpha value (transparency).

And yeah, honestly? I might aswell add files onto my defeat support that when installed, overwrite the ones from normal defeat and make it actually work.

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

Both good suggestions, sadly i'd have to really mess with directives to achieve that second one. Applying things to the second/other actor in general is not possible unless it's a additional layer upon the opposite, not a detraction like reducing their alpha value (transparency).

And yeah, honestly? I might aswell add files onto my defeat support that when installed, overwrite the ones from normal defeat and make it actually work.

It wouldn't be a big deal if its not possible, I don't exactly know much when it comes coding unfortunately, but wouldn't you be able to make the node itself go transparent now and again or (and I greatly assume it was for some reason) do nodes not work the same as a normal interactive object like a bed or chair?

Also I've just realized that there may be a problem with making the Erchius Ghost compatible. The thought may have occurred already but just case it hadn't, just some info. It deals a thousand base damage to the player, the moment the timer runs out it would just right out kill the player (Which honestly would be funny if it happened to someone not expecting it) and if they have defeat installed, I assume it would just be non stop fun dying and being a constant node.

It wouldn't be a big deal if its not possible, I don't exactly know much when it comes coding unfortunately, but wouldn't you be able to make the node itself go transparent now and again or (and I greatly assume it was for some reason) do nodes not work the same as a normal interactive object like a bed or chair?

Also I've just realized that there may be a problem with making the Erchius Ghost compatible. The thought may have occurred already but just case it hadn't, just some info. It deals a thousand base damage to the player, the moment the timer runs out it would just right out kill the player (Which honestly would be funny if it happened to someone not expecting it) and if they have defeat installed, I assume it would just be non stop fun dying and being a constant node.

Heh, the nodes don't function anything like a normal bed or chair, they turn your player invisible then gather all their data, and use that to fill out the specifications of the "actor", the thing you see in the Sexbound animations. Thus any bed effect that would affect the player (directives like semi transparent, damage up/healing auras, etc) don't work the same.

Also, yeah. My fear with the Erchius Ghost is that you also need a mod to even be able to hit it in the first place, no? Not only is it also larger than the average creature too. I don't know if the contact is instant death, nor do i know if i can disable/tone down the proximity life-drain they have, it's all around a complicated creature to approach.

Also, announcement here;
Terato defeat got an update to hopefully prevent all the people from being a broken record, and i am so done with that i also included a custom version of Defeat to download including all the fixes and changes from around the Forums. I can't yet fix the mod fully, as Defeat is complicated as all heck, but hey, this hopefully prevents people from having as many problems and annoyances.

Heh, the nodes don't function anything like a normal bed or chair, they turn your player invisible then gather all their data, and use that to fill out the specifications of the "actor", the thing you see in the Sexbound animations. Thus any bed effect that would affect the player (directives like semi transparent, damage up/healing auras, etc) don't work the same.

Also, yeah. My fear with the Erchius Ghost is that you also need a mod to even be able to hit it in the first place, no? Not only is it also larger than the average creature too. I don't know if the contact is instant death, nor do i know if i can disable/tone down the proximity life-drain they have, it's all around a complicated creature to approach.

Ah, I see, how about a buff/debuff? Since it takes all the data of the character I assume it could also take any effects? For example, when in a liquid both actors have the dripping effect along with the status if its a special liquid. Maybe upon interacting with the node it gains a special buff/debuff? Or is that also impossible?

You don't need a mod to harm it, the mech can kill it, however, it has a thousand base health along with the fact that IF you kill it another will spawn immediately. Another note is that, if your in admin mode or any other type of god mode, it will actually drain the color of your character. There is also a problem that, if spawned using commands, it will die after a few seconds and it can't be captured. Not a problem, just annoying, so testing anything with it will also be fun since you need at least one drop of erchius to spawn it and be on a moon. Also, it spawns below the player. And gets more purple as you get more erchius. And I assume its instant death since its a thousand damage.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:03 PM, red3dred said:

Also, announcement here;

Terato defeat got an update to hopefully prevent all the people from being a broken record, and i am so done with that i also included a custom version of Defeat to download including all the fixes and changes from around the Forums. I can't yet fix the mod fully, as Defeat is complicated as all heck, but hey, this hopefully prevents people from having as many problems and annoyances.

Just to be extra clear, do you only need the "SxB - Defeat Custom v2.2.pak"Or do you also need the"sexbound-defeat-2.4.0.pak"

I get the feeling some people might get confused by that and by some people I totally don't mean myself.

Also howdy Red and sorry for the irony of asking the question in the first place !!

22 minutes ago, TheGroovyTemplar said:

Just to be extra clear, do you only need the "SxB - Defeat Custom v2.2.pak"Or do you also need the"sexbound-defeat-2.4.0.pak"

I get the feeling some people might get confused by that and by some people I totally don't mean myself.

Also howdy Red and sorry for the irony of asking the question in the first place !!

Nothing ironic, just confusion, it's fine.

Defeat Custom is Defeat itself. You can use both Defeat and Defeat custom, but if you do, one's gonna overlap the other. Custom should take priority by default but you don't need it. The file for TeratoDefeat includes the monster fix too.