[mod] Teratophilia

So I'm posting to see if anyone else had this issue:

I've only encountered this issue when I made a private server for me and my friend, the monsters get turned invisible (whether it be from defeat or using an item like Aphrodites bow).
Single player works just fine for me, no issues with defeat. Multiplayer is what I've found to have the most bugs. The mods I put on the server exactly match the ones in my mods folder, and my friend has had the same issue not being able to see them either

On 12/27/2020 at 2:43 PM, Gsz059 said:

So I'm posting to see if anyone else had this issue:

I've only encountered this issue when I made a private server for me and my friend, the monsters get turned invisible (whether it be from defeat or using an item like Aphrodites bow).
Single player works just fine for me, no issues with defeat. Multiplayer is what I've found to have the most bugs. The mods I put on the server exactly match the ones in my mods folder, and my friend has had the same issue not being able to see them either

Well, considering how issues work, have you given thought to looking at/sharing your server's LOG file, so you and I may know the issue, and hopefully resolve it, should it be something on my side?

9 hours ago, Gsz059 said:

Sorry I didn't before, here it is:starbound_server.log

That is sadly a big bowl of nothing, that i could see. Tons of errors for missing a monster's head, but nothing about them being invisible entirely. However, i will say you do have Sexbound tweaker, which is busted for any version past 3.14, so try removing that and see if the monsters return to existing.

1 hour ago, Kralkatorik said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does this mod work well with Frackin Universe (FU)?

Nope, it doesn't, because FU has Pandora's Box, so all of the vanilla mobs that are enabled are recolors now, and will look different in animations. Plus all the variants of vanilla mobs they add are not supported.

6 hours ago, Kralkatorik said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does this mod work well with Frackin Universe (FU)?

Forgive me if I sound rude, but don't expect any compatibility between the two either. It will never happen unfortunately because FU's main dev looks down on anything fun NSFW.

10 hours ago, red3dred said:

Nope, it doesn't, because FU has Pandora's Box, so all of the vanilla mobs that are enabled are recolors now, and will look different in animations. Plus all the variants of vanilla mobs they add are not supported.

I see...well this is kind of a shame, the FU's changes sort of make the game feel fresh.

Out of curiosity, I was just browsing the mod's folders, and found different things related to monsters, what if I remove parts of the monster folder, or remove it altogether, will it work then, or will this affect FU too much?

Also found this Pandora's box...I don't know what it is or what it does, seems to be some LUA files.

2 hours ago, Kralkatorik said:

I see...well this is kind of a shame, the FU's changes sort of make the game feel fresh.

Out of curiosity, I was just browsing the mod's folders, and found different things related to monsters, what if I remove parts of the monster folder, or remove it altogether, will it work then, or will this affect FU too much?

Also found this Pandora's box...I don't know what it is or what it does, seems to be some LUA files.

I don't think its a good idea to remove anything from the folders unless Red says otherwise. The issue is FU itself, it effects ALLOT of the game in practically everything that it would be best to not use this mod along side it. Imo FU isn't a good mod honestly, you should look for the mods FU has absorbed into it imho, but its your choice.

Pandora's Box is a mod that expands Vanilla monsters, adding more variety in terms of different colors, abilities, etc, etc, and FU has consumed it into its self. And to top it off, FU adds its own monsters alongside Pandora's Box. So it really doesn't matter if you remove Pandora's Box, FU still has unique monsters in it.

1 hour ago, HighwayDio said:

I don't think its a good idea to remove anything from the folders unless Red says otherwise. The issue is FU itself, it effects ALLOT of the game in practically everything that it would be best to not use this mod along side it. Imo FU isn't a good mod honestly, you should look for the mods FU has absorbed into it imho, but its your choice.

Pandora's Box is a mod that expands Vanilla monsters, adding more variety in terms of different colors, abilities, etc, etc, and FU has consumed it into its self. And to top it off, FU adds its own monsters alongside Pandora's Box. So it really doesn't matter if you remove Pandora's Box, FU still has unique monsters in it.

The last FU update makes the game feel like a whole other game....new research system, and new challenges, even if I look for every mods that FU has absorbed, I can't find that anywhere else, besides, I can't find any good up to date mech update either.

I might experiment myself..I don't care about the monsters added by FU, I'd like for the vanilla monsters to work with this mod, without breaking my game.

10 hours ago, Kralkatorik said:

The last FU update makes the game feel like a whole other game....new research system, and new challenges, even if I look for every mods that FU has absorbed, I can't find that anywhere else, besides, I can't find any good up to date mech update either.

I might experiment myself..I don't care about the monsters added by FU, I'd like for the vanilla monsters to work with this mod, without breaking my game.

I mean, that's kind of the problem with FU; You're not playing it because it is a compilation of mods just cause, the mods it is consisting of are a myriad, and honestly, some shouldn't be together in the same package, but as you said, there is a lot of special mechanics and reworks that are achieved by it that makes it a fresh and interesting experience, albeit, the trade off is that it's inconsistent, with updates that will brick your run over and over, while also making it so several other mods that you'd like to add on simply do not work because of how they've touched upon everything.

I do not like FU as a compilation, and would prefer if it was modularized, however i will say i do play with it simply because there is no real way to go back to good ol' bland vanilla-ish after you've tried the sheer combinatorial bullshit that is FU, plus i've noticed they re-implemented the ditched mechanic from 1.4's beta, the random event system, and i'm happy to see that. (Even if i only seem to get the same one event every time)

On a side note, that does not mean i support FU. They have a terrible person in lead, who is hypocritical, toxic and honestly doesn't deserve to lead the project they have, and have shared that tendency with the community, all the while taking over several other mods and claiming them as their own makings in the process (Race mods, tech mods and their whole scripts being nicked, etc).

As for if you can do it, you probably can. But it probably won't last, simply put, it updates so much, and changes things over three times a week. This means that if you are playing with a modified version, you can not ask for support as they will absolute bash you for it, you cannot expect fixes, and it's likely a simply change in one thing will cascade issues later on. Plus the fact that you'd have to fully nix the monster content back to vanilla, otherwise you'd have to make a manual patch to remove the Pandora's Box colors alone. (This means losing on new moves, sounds, etc, that they've added). FU is not meant to be touched, not just as a precaution because they're toxic, but because it is a unfulfilling experience all around. For every 1 small fix you want to do, you'll likely need over 10 script changes and patches, much trial and error, and all the while needing to know plenty of modding and log reading to even get to what's the problem. I only know one person who pushed themselves to do that and they are undoubtedly insane.

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

I mean, that's kind of the problem with FU; You're not playing it because it is a compilation of mods just cause, the mods it is consisting of are a myriad, and honestly, some shouldn't be together in the same package, but as you said, there is a lot of special mechanics and reworks that are achieved by it that makes it a fresh and interesting experience, albeit, the trade off is that it's inconsistent, with updates that will brick your run over and over, while also making it so several other mods that you'd like to add on simply do not work because of how they've touched upon everything.

I do not like FU as a compilation, and would prefer if it was modularized, however i will say i do play with it simply because there is no real way to go back to good ol' bland vanilla-ish after you've tried the sheer combinatorial bullshit that is FU, plus i've noticed they re-implemented the ditched mechanic from 1.4's beta, the random event system, and i'm happy to see that. (Even if i only seem to get the same one event every time)

On a side note, that does not mean i support FU. They have a terrible person in lead, who is hypocritical, toxic and honestly doesn't deserve to lead the project they have, and have shared that tendency with the community, all the while taking over several other mods and claiming them as their own makings in the process (Race mods, tech mods and their whole scripts being nicked, etc).

As for if you can do it, you probably can. But it probably won't last, simply put, it updates so much, and changes things over three times a week. This means that if you are playing with a modified version, you can not ask for support as they will absolute bash you for it, you cannot expect fixes, and it's likely a simply change in one thing will cascade issues later on. Plus the fact that you'd have to fully nix the monster content back to vanilla, otherwise you'd have to make a manual patch to remove the Pandora's Box colors alone. (This means losing on new moves, sounds, etc, that they've added). FU is not meant to be touched, not just as a precaution because they're toxic, but because it is a unfulfilling experience all around. For every 1 small fix you want to do, you'll likely need over 10 script changes and patches, much trial and error, and all the while needing to know plenty of modding and log reading to even get to what's the problem. I only know one person who pushed themselves to do that and they are undoubtedly insane.

I see...well that's a terrible shame indeed, and I agree with you about FU being a horrible amalgamation, that should not have been in the first place.

I have little to no experience with the modding community in starbound, and it sounds like the people in lead of FU are not at all open minded....such a shame.

Regarding FU's content and updates, I really do not plan on updating the mod as much as they do, in my game, mainly like, keeping a stable version (form my perspective), the whole run, now, I understand how Skyrim modding works, but not Starbound modding, can I freely swap mods in Starbound? or its like in Skyrim where scripted mods are best left alone after being added in the game?

Aside than that, I meant what I said, when I'll experiment a little with the mods...I might even replace some files from FU' with your mod, and see how it works out, I don't really care about color pallets and all that, but what I want to keep is monster behavior and stuff like that...

7 minutes ago, Kralkatorik said:

I see...well that's a terrible shame indeed, and I agree with you about FU being a horrible amalgamation, that should not have been in the first place.

I have little to no experience with the modding community in starbound, and it sounds like the people in lead of FU are not at all open minded....such a shame.

Regarding FU's content and updates, I really do not plan on updating the mod as much as they do, in my game, mainly like, keeping a stable version (form my perspective), the whole run, now, I understand how Skyrim modding works, but not Starbound modding, can I freely swap mods in Starbound? or its like in Skyrim where scripted mods are best left alone after being added in the game?

Aside than that, I meant what I said, when I'll experiment a little with the mods...I might even replace some files from FU' with your mod, and see how it works out, I don't really care about color pallets and all that, but what I want to keep is monster behavior and stuff like that...

Starbound is a weird chicken when it comes to modding. It's so simple to the end user that a lot of shit can go wrong. Removing mods mid-run will brick your planets (Monsters, biomes, dungeons, etc), and if you remove a mod with quests, even your SAIL/Ship. But things like items, blocks, liquids, etc, mostly can survive a hot-swap without problem.

And my mod is all patches. I don't do anything specific to the monsters. They would still work with FU installed, they just would be recolored, then in the animations, not.

3 hours ago, Kralkatorik said:

Its honestly sad that FU's main dev is the way he is. Such a good mod is ruin by that alone.

The best advice when it comes to modding Starbound, at least from what I've seen, heard, read, etc, etc. Is to test one at a time imo. Test it with vanilla, then with mod A, then B, and hope to god C. If you want a mod compatible with FU then it greatly depends on what it is. Like Red said, this mod can work with FU but again, not all monsters will be compatible. Any monster that isn't vanilla will not be compatible I assume and FU does add those. You can download FU off of their Github if you want to look at their code, just, if you alter it, don't share it publicly without permission first and if its a lewd alter then definitely don't say a word or share it.

Honestly, Starbound should of had a mod manager with how many mods it has. Would make things so much easier.

19 hours ago, HighwayDio said:

Its honestly sad that FU's main dev is the way he is. Such a good mod is ruin by that alone.

The best advice when it comes to modding Starbound, at least from what I've seen, heard, read, etc, etc. Is to test one at a time imo. Test it with vanilla, then with mod A, then B, and hope to god C. If you want a mod compatible with FU then it greatly depends on what it is. Like Red said, this mod can work with FU but again, not all monsters will be compatible. Any monster that isn't vanilla will not be compatible I assume and FU does add those. You can download FU off of their Github if you want to look at their code, just, if you alter it, don't share it publicly without permission first and if its a lewd alter then definitely don't say a word or share it.

Honestly, Starbound should of had a mod manager with how many mods it has. Would make things so much easier.

Yeah, no, thanks, I've done enough mod testing in skyrim to last me 2 lifetimes, I've done more mod testing than playing the actual game.

To be fair though, It's easier to test stuff in Starbound, I'll keep in mind what you said about going publicly, which is, fair enough I guess...

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any template or sample animations files that contributors can base off? I'd like to contribute but don't know how the thing should even look. If there is none, how do i unpack the mod to get the assets?

8 hours ago, Layerer said:

Is there any template or sample animations files that contributors can base off? I'd like to contribute but don't know how the thing should even look. If there is none, how do i unpack the mod to get the assets?

Refer to the above, that should help. Mostly it's just "Take human animations, slap monster over it, make it not look like a Stretch-Armstrong". Programs and tips/necessary things are attached or linked, and plenty of pictures.

Hi! This is another great mod, but I had a quick question (sorry if I missed a previous answer). How would one set custom dialog for the different monster species (Or rather the other, non-monster, actor)? Can I just use the dialog customization from the Sexbound folder? If so, would it be the species, and what would I put?

Thanks for making this!

17 hours ago, VBSh said:

Hi! This is another great mod, but I had a quick question (sorry if I missed a previous answer). How would one set custom dialog for the different monster species (Or rather the other, non-monster, actor)? Can I just use the dialog customization from the Sexbound folder? If so, would it be the species, and what would I put?

Thanks for making this!

Whether you mean, humanoid -> monster dialogue, or monster's actual dialogue, the idea is generally the same, just on different files. Monsters by default have no dialogue (They don't merge the default dialogues into their own) and also are not referenced by any other species, so, depending on what you want;

To add humanoid commenting on the monster, you'd need to add that monster's species as a tag into the dialogue of that species or default. Example:
image.png.48b020245bd3fb8340b47a09a98ccdf5.png

These are within the defaultmale.config file in the standing position folder.

Whereas the opposite would require making a whole new (example;) poptopmale.config or gleapfemale.config files to the dialogue folder, containing their lines.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 3:37 AM, raimeinaginata said:

Is there any chance we could get an add-on that makes all monsters male or all monsters female?  I would appreciate that.

Hey all, I figured out how to do that on my own.  For anybody who's curious, if you go to the Sexbound folder and go to scripts/sexbound/override, then open monster.lua, search for "status.giveResource("gender", 0)", then either turn that 0 into a 1 or a 2 depending on the gender you want!  1 = male, 2 = female.

This is something very minor I noticed but are visible pregnancies gone from this mod? Since I can't notice anything different even though I have that enabled on default sexbound, also is there any way of turning this feature on like normal or is it an age old thing that doesn't work no more?