[mod] Teratophilia

15 hours ago, raimeinaginata said:

Hey all, I figured out how to do that on my own.  For anybody who's curious, if you go to the Sexbound folder and go to scripts/sexbound/override, then open monster.lua, search for "status.giveResource("gender", 0)", then either turn that 0 into a 1 or a 2 depending on the gender you want!  1 = male, 2 = female.

Would be valid, yeah, i guess. Might cause problems on monsters that don't support that gender (Female/male only monsters) but anyway, if the player is going that far, they should be ready to troubleshoot hell.

7 hours ago, Laz44 said:

This is something very minor I noticed but are visible pregnancies gone from this mod? Since I can't notice anything different even though I have that enabled on default sexbound, also is there any way of turning this feature on like normal or is it an age old thing that doesn't work no more?

I haven't touched Sexbound V5 and couldn't tell you if it broke something in there, from what i read from both the Sexbound Thread and this forum in general, seems like a few things broke...

If you have it enabled on Sexbound, and monsters get pregnant, logic says it should show up as normal. A few monsters like Nutmidgelings are too small to make them visibly pregnant without greatly distorting their appearance, but all the rest, should have a noticeable difference.

4 hours ago, deecursed_exe said:

sorry confused, so no more updates for this mod ?

The mod might get updates, i'm currently trying to return to Starbound, and also moving, so things are a bit busy and difficult.

I should schedule an update after i'm done moving, that'd be best.

Hi! Another question. I'm sure this is silly but, where can I find the src file for this mod? On the main page I can only download .pak versions (unless I'm crazy). I'd like to do some more customizing if possible.

2 hours ago, VBSh said:

Hi! Another question. I'm sure this is silly but, where can I find the src file for this mod? On the main page I can only download .pak versions (unless I'm crazy). I'd like to do some more customizing if possible.

Just unpack the pak file ;)

Using asset_unpacker.exe in the win32 folder :)

10 hours ago, Wildpuppy43 said:

Hi so im trying to use your mod but is seams to not be working i put the .pak in the mods folder but know i cant teleport to trhe planet below me  or when i go on to a all ready made save is tps me back to the ship any idea why or am i just missing sum thing ?

Could be a lot of stuff. Multiple versions of defeat, multiple versions of Teratophilia, or just something else entirely. Care to obtain and share your Starbound log from when you try to go down to the planet?

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Once i have access to that file, i can see all your other mods and what's being loaded, and tell you what's wrong, if i know it.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing how the main branch of defeat is still very broken, and getting no real attention, I feel it may be best to stick with this version. That said, I'd appreciate if anyone knew how to configure a few little things and options.

A: Disable monster and enemy submission/defeat. I'm cool with being fucked by monsters and bandits, not so much being the one fucking em. 

B: Ensuring the player is in the receiver, not giver, position during defeat

and C, if able, avoiding the whole invincible/infinite energy player or enemy glitch. 

...On a totally unrelated note, how hard would it be to make pregnancy result in monster eggs, for those that have em, or generic eggs, for everything else and people?

26 minutes ago, lindazana said:

Seeing how the main branch of defeat is still very broken, and getting no real attention, I feel it may be best to stick with this version. That said, I'd appreciate if anyone knew how to configure a few little things and options.

A: Disable monster and enemy submission/defeat. I'm cool with being fucked by monsters and bandits, not so much being the one fucking em. 

B: Ensuring the player is in the receiver, not giver, position during defeat

and C, if able, avoiding the whole invincible/infinite energy player or enemy glitch. 

...On a totally unrelated note, how hard would it be to make pregnancy result in monster eggs, for those that have em, or generic eggs, for everything else and people?

Well, if progress on the hobby researchers poking on Defeat goes anywhere, we'll see C sometime soon at least, can't guarantee B though.

As for your query, it should be super easy to configure the monster eggs to work on the monsters, but not on the player. It's something i used to do with Sexbound Tweaker but i've stopped doing it as Loc implemented the same feature but without the same functionality. Now that parent species polling is in the main API, i think humanoids giving birth to Monster Eggs might be the only thing missing, if it's not already a feature...

Basically, monsters give birth to items from info in their SexboundConfig patch.

image.png.7b267b2e48bbe1d55d0b11e67eafc63e.png

This is of course just an example, and i can't, for instance, account for the egg being hostile or not, that's on the birth script, and i assume it's not accounted for at all.

If this code is passed onto the mother when assigning a "new baby" then all you'd have to do is enable species polling....

This is all of course, me talking out of my ass. I'm still moving out, and i haven't touched Sexbound since around version 4.5.0, so i can't even test Loc's features, and cannot confirm or deny whether any of this works. Sure hope that POV update comes through and works.

so link to actual comment instead of saying "go to this of this and you'll find it"

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/130618-mod-teratophilia/?do=findComment&comment=3200606

for fix for monster damage issue (spoiler has reason why it's in a code block, but has same link)

Spoiler

sorry that it will require copy paste otherwise it will look like this

On another note, there's 3 files, and the description says no explicit instructions on which files are to be installed, like do i just use the modified defeat? the modified defeat with teratophilia? teratophilia with regular defeat? use the patch i just linked in this reply with one of the 3 scenarios i just asked? or some combination not mentioned?

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, so I've been trying to figure out how to fix the enemy damage and I've tried the fixes I've seen, but I don't and have never used the Sexbound Defeat mod so none of the fixes applied to me (like this one: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/130618-mod-teratophilia/?do=findComment&comment=3200606).
Is there any way to fix this in the base mod? I looked through it and I'm really confused what is even causing this.

8 hours ago, bobtheman21 said:

Hiya, so I've been trying to figure out how to fix the enemy damage and I've tried the fixes I've seen, but I don't and have never used the Sexbound Defeat mod so none of the fixes applied to me (like this one: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/130618-mod-teratophilia/?do=findComment&comment=3200606).
Is there any way to fix this in the base mod? I looked through it and I'm really confused what is even causing this.

Simply put, there's a bunch of different attempts at fixing Defeat, and none of which are 100% yet, as Defeat is a very complex code that relies on Starbound not chugging or skipping a beat, and on things being in the scripts of the involved creatures... When they aren't, things break heavily.

I've already crammed all the fixes that were shared as "working" into the Defeat Custom version that is available for download in this mod's page.

I cannot give any further support than that as:

1. Monsters that don't have Sexbound support will become invincible when defeating/being defeated by things other than the player.
  2. Defeat will cause the player itself to be transformable, so don't shoot yourself.
  3. Defeat will cause the player or NPC's to become invincible should it's process not go through fully.
  4. Defeat will still kill NPC's and monsters if they're as much as 2 blocks off the ground, have furniture behind them, or just fail to be placed onto the floor properly (Or DoT's will skip Defeat entirely and still kill them).
  5. When Defeat does work properly between two monsters (Hostile VS Friendly), their positions will only be the ones of the defeated monster, ignoring whether the who defeated them has support for them. (Usually being one monster being fucked by a invisible monster)

These are all problems that not only do i not have a way to fix, they aren't caused by this mod, as much as i want to offer help, it is up to Locuturus to do so, or for the few people who are hard at work to try and fix up Defeat.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:15 AM, red3dred said:

Simply put, there's a bunch of different attempts at fixing Defeat, and none of which are 100% yet, as Defeat is a very complex code that relies on Starbound not chugging or skipping a beat, and on things being in the scripts of the involved creatures... When they aren't, things break heavily......

I get this, but I'm not using the Defeat mod and don't plan to, so I was wondering more specifically if there are fixes for the base Teratophilia mod to fix the monster damage.

1 hour ago, bobtheman21 said:

I get this, but I'm not using the Defeat mod and don't plan to, so I was wondering more specifically if there are fixes for the base Teratophilia mod to fix the monster damage.

Then i fail to understand what you mean by "monster damage". So you're not using Defeat, and you're not using TeratoDefeat... Then what are you asking for?

Also, to @ptmc2112's:

On 3/28/2021 at 8:23 PM, ptmc2112 said:

so link to actual comment instead of saying "go to this of this and you'll find it"

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/130618-mod-teratophilia/?do=findComment&comment=3200606

for fix for monster damage issue (spoiler has reason why it's in a code block, but has same link)

Reveal hidden contents

sorry that it will require copy paste otherwise it will look like this

On another note, there's 3 files, and the description says no explicit instructions on which files are to be installed, like do i just use the modified defeat? the modified defeat with teratophilia? teratophilia with regular defeat? use the patch i just linked in this reply with one of the 3 scenarios i just asked? or some combination not mentioned?

A rough comment, i don't know if/why i missed it, but since you didn't quote/mention anyone, if i may ask, who were you talking to in the upper/first part of that?

And the second part, the question, it's entirely up to the user:
Teratophilia adds monster supports.
TeratoDefeat adds defeat support for the monsters.
Defeat Custom is a version of defeat with several user-made "fixes" and a percentage chance for monsters to be defeated.

16 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Then i fail to understand what you mean by "monster damage". So you're not using Defeat, and you're not using TeratoDefeat... Then what are you asking for?

The monsters that are supported by Teratophilia are unable to deal any damage to me while I have the mod installed. I was wondering if there's a fix for this since I can't figure one out myself or what is even wrong with it.

2 minutes ago, bobtheman21 said:

The monsters that are supported by Teratophilia are unable to deal any damage to me while I have the mod installed. I was wondering if there's a fix for this since I can't figure one out myself or what is even wrong with it.

Ah, that's what you meant, then go ahead and toss me a log. If they can't deal any damage and don't move/take damage, this usually happens when two versions of support for the same monster are installed.

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

The instructions above should let you find, and upload the file for review!

This question has probably been asked before- Do I need both Defeat Custom and Defeat? I think I read somewhere that custom just is defeat, but  when I remove normal defeat, my game just crashed(log says that Terrato defeat needs defeat, or something along those lines). Maybe you could run be by what Terrato Defeat and Custom Defeat do and why I need them? Sorry if I'm just being dumb.

43 minutes ago, Noone6 said:

This question has probably been asked before- Do I need both Defeat Custom and Defeat? I think I read somewhere that custom just is defeat, but  when I remove normal defeat, my game just crashed(log says that Terrato defeat needs defeat, or something along those lines). Maybe you could run be by what Terrato Defeat and Custom Defeat do and why I need them? Sorry if I'm just being dumb.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

[... a few scrolls up]

Defeat Custom is a version of defeat with several user-made "fixes" and a percentage chance for monsters to be defeated.

If your game refuses to launch claiming Defeat isn't installed, you may want to double check you got normal defeat installed properly.

17 minutes ago, red3dred said:

If your game refuses to launch claiming Defeat isn't installed, you may want to double check you got normal defeat installed properly.

Alright, so if I don't want Monsters to become nodes, I just use normal, yeah? But when I use the normal Defeat, with Terra Defeat, I get this error:unknown.png

Wait, sorry, should note: as long as normal defeat is in the folder the game crashes.
When none is in, both the player and enemy is invincible, and with just custom they are invisible
This was working before, but I guess after I messed with the config for node times after the player is defeated I must have messed something up :/ (sorry for post spam I'll try to keep these to just one post at a time)

(Thanks for the help, by the way)

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

Ah, that's what you meant, then go ahead and toss me a log. If they can't deal any damage and don't move/take damage, this usually happens when two versions of support for the same monster are installed.

Here you are. I spawned a Gleap, a Poptop, and a Batong. All were unable to harm me but could be interacted with just fine when "lewded". Also spawned a few other monsters that are unsupported by Teratophilia but they still were unable to deal damage. And this is why it's a big problem as nothing is really able to damage me.

starbound.log

UPDATE:  After a bunch of playing around, I think I may have been in admin mode the whole time without knowing? It used to also happen in a server without admin mode though so I'm a bit confused, but it's working now. Regardless I really appreciate the help red3dred, thank you!

1 hour ago, Noone6 said:

Alright, so if I don't want Monsters to become nodes, I just use normal, yeah? But when I use the normal Defeat, with Terra Defeat, I get this error:unknown.png

Hmm yes nice image.

Spoiler

image.png.112771404ce63290551ebf5ccc4a74fe.png

And no, if you want monsters to not have defeat support, just don't get "TeratoDefeat". They can still be lewded without Defeat.

1 hour ago, Noone6 said:

Wait, sorry, should note: as long as normal defeat is in the folder the game crashes.
When none is in, both the player and enemy is invincible, and with just custom they are invisible
This was working before, but I guess after I messed with the config for node times after the player is defeated I must have messed something up :/ (sorry for post spam I'll try to keep these to just one post at a time)

(Thanks for the help, by the way)

Ah yes, that'd do it, yeah. If the config is broken, Defeat will have all sorts of derps. Your log probably says exactly what is wrong too.

1 hour ago, bobtheman21 said:

Here you are. I spawned a Gleap, a Poptop, and a Batong. All were unable to harm me but could be interacted with just fine when "lewded". Also spawned a few other monsters that are unsupported by Teratophilia but they still were unable to deal damage. And this is why it's a big problem as nothing is really able to damage me.

starbound.log 31.81 kB · 0 downloads

UPDATE:  After a bunch of playing around, I think I may have been in admin mode the whole time without knowing? It used to also happen in a server without admin mode though so I'm a bit confused, but it's working now. Regardless I really appreciate the help red3dred, thank you!

Yeah i don't see anything in this log, just error messages about Blake's Terramons as is per usual with monsters. No Sexbound interaction error, and no mods that'd instantly break everything.

That said, you are using 5.5.1. I have no clue how stable it is, and from what i read on the main topic, it sounds like it's not stable.

As for the issue itself, it sounds more like a defeat issue, but since you don't have that, it can only be you were in admin mode, or a status effect at one point glitched and made you invincible (Though, nothing in the log, again... So yeah, this time, you were in admin). If the error persists, and you're not in admin mode, toss me a log and i can help you with it.

And it's fine, i'm responsible for the mod i made, you've downloaded and is not working as i advertised, no? (I don't have a disclaimer either so i should probably write one in case someone comes up to me saying the mod uninstalled their Windows or something)

5 hours ago, red3dred said:

Also, to @ptmc2112's:

A rough comment, i don't know if/why i missed it, but since you didn't quote/mention anyone, if i may ask, who were you talking to in the upper/first part of that?

Honestly, on the 1st part, I forgot.

2nd part, thought that would be in the description of the mod, but thanks anyway!