Jump to content
IGNORED

[mod] Teratophilia


red3dred

Recommended Posts

So, a quick question.

How hard would it be to get a compatibility patch for Pandora's Box?

The mod seems to still work for the most part, but the alt color monsters revert to normal colors when infused by this mod, and the Shadow Variants don't seem to work at all from just a quick test.

I would personally try and make a compatibility crossover, though I have literally no idea on what I would be doing.

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, FryoKnight said:

So, a quick question.

How hard would it be to get a compatibility patch for Pandora's Box?

The mod seems to still work for the most part, but the alt color monsters revert to normal colors when infused by this mod, and the Shadow Variants don't seem to work at all from just a quick test.

I would personally try and make a compatibility crossover, though I have literally no idea on what I would be doing.

 

So, it's something i always wanted to get done, but sadly, it's a limitation of both Starbound and Sexbound, and the reason why mobs like randomly-generated mobs and the Erchius Moontants are likely never going to be supported properly. Because the alt-colors of mobs in Pandora's Box (And now, by extension, in FU, since they also ate it) is defined in the monster as just "another alternate body" that is pieced together like randomly generated monsters, except with only a single part.

 

What this entails, is that the game sees them as just the basic monster. We can't get the body data to show up easily, and even if we did, how would we handle it? Exponentially onto the name of the file, so you get "male-body1", "female-body2" etc? This sounds fine until you realize some monsters are composed of four different parts, and we'd need to animate them all, piece them together, and god knows what the layers are gonna look for that, the animation file for Sexbound would easily triple in size.

 

In sum, it's something i wish i was able to compatibilize, but since they are, unlike NPC's, not recolours and in fact whole PNG's for each variation, you can't just find the part of the name of the file that tells you the recolor and re-apply it in Sexbound. The sub-species variations like Glitch-top and Shadow-top are easily made compatible, but the variants are a massive pain in the ass and would likely require a whole table for each monster, just to know what each body recolor is.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, red3dred said:

 

So, it's something i always wanted to get done, but sadly, it's a limitation of both Starbound and Sexbound, and the reason why mobs like randomly-generated mobs and the Erchius Moontants are likely never going to be supported properly. Because the alt-colors of mobs in Pandora's Box (And now, by extension, in FU, since they also ate it) is defined in the monster as just "another alternate body" that is pieced together like randomly generated monsters, except with only a single part.

 

What this entails, is that the game sees them as just the basic monster. We can't get the body data to show up easily, and even if we did, how would we handle it? Exponentially onto the name of the file, so you get "male-body1", "female-body2" etc? This sounds fine until you realize some monsters are composed of four different parts, and we'd need to animate them all, piece them together, and god knows what the layers are gonna look for that, the animation file for Sexbound would easily triple in size.

 

In sum, it's something i wish i was able to compatibilize, but since they are, unlike NPC's, not recolours and in fact whole PNG's for each variation, you can't just find the part of the name of the file that tells you the recolor and re-apply it in Sexbound. The sub-species variations like Glitch-top and Shadow-top are easily made compatible, but the variants are a massive pain in the ass and would likely require a whole table for each monster, just to know what each body recolor is.

Ah, that is understandable.

 

Though, do you know a good tutorial for getting into making mods?

Because I wouldn't mind trying to help out worth at least making some simple compatibility for this and Pandora (aforementioned Glitch-Top/Shadow-Top for example)

Link to comment
42 minutes ago, FryoKnight said:

Ah, that is understandable.

 

Though, do you know a good tutorial for getting into making mods?

Because I wouldn't mind trying to help out worth at least making some simple compatibility for this and Pandora (aforementioned Glitch-Top/Shadow-Top for example)

 

I mean, i keep reposting this in the last 3 days and i feel like i'm tooting my own horn whenever i do it, but;

Is the closest you're gonna get to a full-on Sexbound modding tutorial, it does not however teach you basics of Starbound modding (metadata file, folder structure, etc), those are assumed to get started.

Link to comment

So does this mod enable the PC to be used as a node when defeated? Or is it only for PC being the aggressor? Sorry if made clear in description but I didn't see that clarification...

 

Is it possible to change the 35 / 65 % chance so monsters 100% poof? So that if the above question is yes, basically just makes it a PC as victim centric defeat mod?

Link to comment
2 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

So does this mod enable the PC to be used as a node when defeated? Or is it only for PC being the aggressor? Sorry if made clear in description but I didn't see that clarification...

 

By itself? No. You need the TeratoDefeat file, and either Sexbound - Defeat or the Custom Defeat optional file in the download for this mod.
BUT... At the moment, the Defeat mods are alittle buggy, and can lead to the player/monsters/NPCs becoming invincible. Also, no matter what, it also makes it where NPC can do the same to you unless you edit the code.

 

2 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

Is it possible to change the 35 / 65 % chance so monsters 100% poof? So that if the above question is yes, basically just makes it a PC as victim centric defeat mod?


Yes, but no. There is a way to change the odds of something becoming a sex node, but it requires you unpaking the file and editing the code manually.
I know this because I have been poking around myself because I wanted to make it where it is a chance for the player to be mounted by a Monster/NPC on defeat instead of outright killed. I want it a chance because in my mind, not everything is going to want to fuck you. And also, whenever you do get fuck, it actually heals the player to full health by default, so kinda why I made it a chance.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, FryoKnight said:

So @red3dred, I was wondering, but isn't pregnancies caused by monsters suppose to lead to female players laying an egg? Or is it only when a male player impregnates a monster that it leads to that?

 

Both, but base Sexbound doesn't have inheritance from the male, so females just give birth to their own species, thus only female monsters give birth to eggs (Or whoever gets pregnant really).

I heard Sexbound got a parent species polling feature, but i don't know if it'll work the same as i made it back then, so we'll see. It probably won't lay eggs.

Link to comment

So the invincible monsters problem is happening for EVERY monster. I literally can not kill ANY monster. Except the docile ones.

 

I attached a screenshot of my mods folder just in case the solution to my problem was in the 'open your eyes' section. Note that I am also using various workshop mods because I can't play this game vanilla anymore.

 

Spoiler

1737637416_Screenshot(1).png.926d882215aa18d1045090f43219b4d8.png

 

Go ahead and laugh lol

 

p.s. Please forgive me if I'm just being stupid

p.p.s. I moved all mods related to lewding monsters to a separate folder on my desktop.

 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Tetsunmushi said:

So the invincible monsters problem is happening for EVERY monster. I literally can not kill ANY monster. Except the docile ones.

 

I attached a screenshot of my mods folder just in case the solution to my problem was in the 'open your eyes' section. Note that I am also using various workshop mods because I can't play this game vanilla anymore.

 

  Hide contents

1737637416_Screenshot(1).png.926d882215aa18d1045090f43219b4d8.png

 

Go ahead and laugh lol

 

p.s. Please forgive me if I'm just being stupid

p.p.s. I moved all mods related to lewding monsters to a separate folder on my desktop.

 

... but... where is Teratophilia itself? Remember, Teratophilia =/= Terraphilia. A naming similarity there, that too many people just mistake one for the other.

 

Also, Terraphilia Defeat and Terraphilia PAK both seem of very similar size, are you sure the support is not included with the defeat version?

 

Also also, if you have an issue, people post the Starboung log.

Quote

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

 

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

So I noticed when I fight the enemies that turn into sex nodes that sometimes instead of turning into one or dying they just remain alive, I can't hit them,  but they can hit me. What's happening here? Is this is an issue with both defeat and this mod? or is this another mod messing with this one?

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Alaerth Golos said:

When will the Fennix be added to the list of supported monsters?


Currently slowly chipping away at my backlog of works, currently stuck at a massive file i gotta do 8 times, then i can touch up on the remaining missing monsters and rework the required ones. ETA? Not soon, sadly.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, red3dred said:


Currently slowly chipping away at my backlog of works, currently stuck at a massive file i gotta do 8 times, then i can touch up on the remaining missing monsters and rework the required ones. ETA? Not soon, sadly.

Oh well, good luck with that, sounds like a pain.

Link to comment
On 5/25/2021 at 5:05 PM, red3dred said:


Currently slowly chipping away at my backlog of works, currently stuck at a massive file i gotta do 8 times, then i can touch up on the remaining missing monsters and rework the required ones. ETA? Not soon, sadly.

As said by Muckman: "That is unfortunate."

 

But I'll wait patiently.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Glad to see you're working on the mod and doing well! Reading through, a solution to the whole "invincible" glitch coming soon is good(that glitch makes doing missions feel cheap, but take your time). Just wanted to send support, maybe I'll try my hand at making a pixel art for you, but I'm not perfect, heh.
Mostly, just wanted to say stay safe. Sorry if this is random, just wanted to send support.
So, here's your break from support posts, I guess.

EDIT: Though, I will ask- it's not on the list, but will ixolings get support? Some mods add Ixolings to jungle planets so it'd be interesting to see them.

Edited by Noone6
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Noone6 said:

Glad to see you're working on the mod and doing well! Reading through, a solution to the whole "invincible" glitch coming soon is good(that glitch makes doing missions feel cheap, but take your time). Just wanted to send support, maybe I'll try my hand at making a pixel art for you, but I'm not perfect, heh.
Mostly, just wanted to say stay safe. Sorry if this is random, just wanted to send support.
So, here's your break from support posts, I guess.

EDIT: Though, I will ask- it's not on the list, but will ixolings get support? Some mods add Ixolings to jungle planets so it'd be interesting to see them.


Some mods aka Frackin' Universe, the one we don't touch-- but that said, the actual ixolings, why not? Non-capturable creatures with support might be annoying for most users without a mod to change that, but the tentacle-crawler is one of such monsters. (A mere test, but yeah)

 

And thank you for the kind words, it's a nice change of pace from the usual reports of beds breaking, monsters not dying/moving, poptops catching fire, etc.

Link to comment

A question that no doubt seeks to peer into the furthest reaches of time and insanity but would Terato ever get support for the PoV stuff? I wholly understand it'd essentially increase the workload immeasurably, but would it even be possible?

Link to comment
6 hours ago, NikitaRGX said:

A question that no doubt seeks to peer into the furthest reaches of time and insanity but would Terato ever get support for the PoV stuff? I wholly understand it'd essentially increase the workload immeasurably, but would it even be possible?


Possible? Definitely. I can make sure of that POV should support it, i think. The code is a bit raw for it, but it definitely can be expanded much more easily than the main API's animations.

 

Will i do it? Really, depends on a lot of stuff. Usually, making the monsters is hard enough as is, making them in third person is going to be a new type of nightmare.

Link to comment

Sorry to bother the devs one more time but right now my game is fully modded and fully working but seems that i still have some bugs

 

- Teratophilia made the monster listed with working sex node to dissapear ( in 4 hours i didn't find a slime)

- Aphrodite's Bow not working to trigger the NPC and Monster sex nodes when hit even if the Max Aroused message spawn up

I think is for the race that i'm using (Lombax) but i have the SxB Race support for them and i don't know what to do

If i need to put the TeratoDefeat i alredy have it but it make the monster and the NPC's unkillable

 

Mod folder.png

Sample 1.png

Sample 2.png

Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Impestato said:

Sorry to bother the devs one more time but right now my game is fully modded and fully working but seems that i still have some bugs

 

- Teratophilia made the monster listed with working sex node to dissapear ( in 4 hours i didn't find a slime)

- Aphrodite's Bow not working to trigger the NPC and Monster sex nodes when hit even if the Max Aroused message spawn up

I think is for the race that i'm using (Lombax) but i have the SxB Race support for them and i don't know what to do

If i need to put the TeratoDefeat i alredy have it but it make the monster and the NPC's unkillable

Spoiler


Mod folder.png

Sample 1.png

Sample 2.png

 

I know that the left click of the bow turns the target into a sexnode, so you could have sex with em (then use any ranged weapon to hit the feet to turn em back before the 5 mins are up) and the right click(which you seemed to use) makes em seek out the nearest sex-enabled object, which there wasn't one nearby.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Impestato said:

Sorry to bother the devs one more time but right now my game is fully modded and fully working but seems that i still have some bugs

 

- Teratophilia made the monster listed with working sex node to dissapear ( in 4 hours i didn't find a slime)

- Aphrodite's Bow not working to trigger the NPC and Monster sex nodes when hit even if the Max Aroused message spawn up

I think is for the race that i'm using (Lombax) but i have the SxB Race support for them and i don't know what to do

If i need to put the TeratoDefeat i alredy have it but it make the monster and the NPC's unkillable

 

I've noticed that with 5.5, Defeat doesn't seem to work at all. Not exactly unexpected. That's fine, just don't use it.
As for the other issues:

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

We need a log, to know the lot. You take the log, you put it in a box  put it into your message here, and then we look at the log. We like the log.

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

Please sir, we can't know everything without one of these;

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

Praise be the log.

image.png.0c90c9a2c22c6120ec6cf84223107174.png

(Example image)

 

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, red3dred said:

 

I've noticed that with 5.5, Defeat doesn't seem to work at all. Not exactly unexpected. That's fine, just don't use it.
As for the other issues:

 

 

I'm realy sorry to make you guys lost all this time i din't get that you needed the log file even if i read all your previus message (Yes i'm a Idiot)

Hope are these the log you need

starbound.log starbound.log.1 starbound.log.2 starbound.log.3 starbound.log.4 starbound.log.5

image.png

Edited by Impestato
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Impestato said:

I'm realy sorry to make you guys lost all this time i din't get that you needed the log file even if i read all your previus message (Yes i'm a Idiot)

Hope are these the log you need

 

They were indeed the file i needed, usually you only need to send the one without numbers, but all of them is also fine and has plenty of info.

Mainly, you seem to be having tons of problems with Naturally Horny! As in, it's causing about 1000 errors. Mostly saying a file is missing. Check for:
image.png.b680c9cfebb8f26830c1f6a95388e509.png

Inside of the NatHorny folder you have there. If it's not there, try redownloading. I haven't updated it in a while, but i just checked on my end and there is a file there. Either yours got nabbed by your antivirus/Windows, or you deleted/edited it. If your download does not have that file in it, tell me so i can upload a proper one onto LoversLab and fix your problem.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, red3dred said:

 

They were indeed the file i needed, usually you only need to send the one without numbers, but all of them is also fine and has plenty of info.

Mainly, you seem to be having tons of problems with Naturally Horny! As in, it's causing about 1000 errors. Mostly saying a file is missing. Check for:
image.png.b680c9cfebb8f26830c1f6a95388e509.png

Inside of the NatHorny folder you have there. If it's not there, try redownloading. I haven't updated it in a while, but i just checked on my end and there is a file there. Either yours got nabbed by your antivirus/Windows, or you deleted/edited it. If your download does not have that file in it, tell me so i can upload a proper one onto LoversLab and fix your problem.

i downloaded again the mod and changed on the arousal.lua and nothing changed, monster now works but NPC are still immune

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...