[mod] Teratophilia

9 minutes ago, meteo1337 said:

it appears all the compatible monsters are spawning with missing health, and are invulnerable

all except the batong, from what i'm seeing

Well, Batong is the newer one, so check:

• If you have Defeat installed multiple times. Multiple instances of Terato-Defeat causes problems.
  • If you have multiple of the Teratophilia mod installed. Same as above.
  • If you have Terato-defeat, try without it, as users seem to point that Defeat has been broken for a while now.
8 hours ago, engorged_banana said:

I have just discovered that albino poptops cannot be noded after they are captured during a bounty mission.

... bounty ones are different? I might have to investigate, bounty missions are generally odd-- Or you haven't download the little hotfix for Poptops that was released recently.

2 hours ago, Reena_Ribona said:

it would seem that this has made monsters invincible as only when i get rid of this mod they can be damaged

Issue with Defeat, if you're using "TeratoDefeat", then be aware that all monster defeat supports will cause this issue for now...

People keep tossing these comments out, and do little research on previous comments, it's kinda hurtful to the mod when the last comments are "It doesn't work", mainly when my mod gets blamed not only here but also on Blake's Terramons =l

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

Issue with Defeat, if you're using "TeratoDefeat", then be aware that all monster defeat supports will cause this issue for now...

People keep tossing these comments out, and do little research on previous comments, it's kinda hurtful to the mod when the last comments are "It doesn't work", mainly when my mod gets blamed not only here but also on Blake's Terramons =l

I can help elaborate some issues and fill you in on what I see if that works. the least I can do for you fam (if i only knew coding, i would be helping out ;-;)

26 minutes ago, deltafox53 said:

I can help elaborate some issues and fill you in on what I see if that works. the least I can do for you fam (if i only knew coding, i would be helping out ;-;)

Not sure what you're proposing, the issue i'm talking about is known, and has been known for a while. Defeat is buggy, but it actually had faulty code for monsters for a while now, and no monster defeat supports work as a result. Monsters go invincible but their AI still works, and they can harm you.

I've not only already responded on the Defeat thread, and already addressed the issue (Fixed it on Github) but it's up to Locuturus to publish the updates. I also posted a fixed version i use myself a few pages ago, that includes a change to make it so monsters don't always get defeated (not 100% chance). At best i could also implement the Defeat fixes someone posted in that thread to prevent invincibility all around...

... so yeah, what are you saying? I didn't get it.

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

wait so say if i use this and blakes terramons using his defeat support as well is what causing the issue as it freaks out and enemies become invincible and in the end its a conflict between base monster defeat (yours) and the custom monster defeat support (blakes) i ask this as a possible way to spell it out in an easy to digest way

1 hour ago, Reena_Ribona said:

wait so say if i use this and blakes terramons using his defeat support as well is what causing the issue as it freaks out and enemies become invincible and in the end its a conflict between base monster defeat (yours) and the custom monster defeat support (blakes) i ask this as a possible way to spell it out in an easy to digest way

Lemme rephrase then, so you can fully grasp it:

The monster defeat supports include no code of their own. They just include the "Defeat code for monsters" into the monsters in question. The reason why this isn't enabled for ALL monsters is that, obviously, not all monsters are supported. So you have to manually assign the Defeat scripts to them. This means that the defeat-monster-support mods are pretty much timeless and blameless. The only way they can break something is if:

1) Multiple of them are installed for the same monster. This will freeze the monster completely.
2) Defeat somehow updates and changes what scripts it uses.

That said, it (Defeat Mod) currently does not work for any monster defeat support, as the Defeat Mod itself has broken code for monsters. Which is why, when used with older versions of Defeat, or the one posted earlier in this thread, it works. Because it's not the Defeat Support Mod's fault, or the monster support's fault. Capeesh?

19 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Lemme rephrase then, so you can fully grasp it:

The monster defeat supports include no code of their own. They just include the "Defeat code for monsters" into the monsters in question. The reason why this isn't enabled for ALL monsters is that, obviously, not all monsters are supported. So you have to manually assign the Defeat scripts to them. This means that the defeat-monster-support mods are pretty much timeless and blameless. The only way they can break something is if:

1) Multiple of them are installed for the same monster. This will freeze the monster completely.
2) Defeat somehow updates and changes what scripts it uses.

That said, it (Defeat Mod) currently does not work for any monster defeat support, as the Defeat Mod itself has broken code for monsters. Which is why, when used with older versions of Defeat, or the one posted earlier in this thread, it works. Because it's not the Defeat Support Mod's fault, or the monster support's fault. Capeesh?

got it (wow i actually understood this). sorry if this was annoying to answer but i asked in a way (i hope) that this topic hopfully isnt brought up again as i dont want your mod to be looked down upon

23 minutes ago, Reena_Ribona said:

got it (wow i actually understood this). sorry if this was annoying to answer but i asked in a way (i hope) that this topic hopfully isnt brought up again as i dont want your mod to be looked down upon

No problem lol, and don't worry, we are at the end of the thread, thus nobody will read it unless they have been keeping up!

... no like, seriously, most people either only read the first post, or the first page of posts, and very few people upkeep with the end of the thread. That's expected at this point. It's been like, 4 pages of people saying "Defeat is broken" until now with some chatter in between...

Hey, really good job on this mod. Wanted to ask something that I assume the answer to which is no. Can captured monsters use objects such as beds and tables? It hasn't ever happened to me, so I'm assuming no. Is such a thing even implementable? Whatever the case, definitely looking forward to seeing updates to this, especially to the alpha poptops, since I have one as a travel buddy.

1 hour ago, bargingy said:

Hey, really good job on this mod. Wanted to ask something that I assume the answer to which is no. Can captured monsters use objects such as beds and tables? It hasn't ever happened to me, so I'm assuming no. Is such a thing even implementable? Whatever the case, definitely looking forward to seeing updates to this, especially to the alpha poptops, since I have one as a travel buddy.

So, yes and no. Monsters cannot currently do it, it was programmed into the mod at one point, but monsters have different code than beds, and they don't cooperate for right now;

On 10/4/2020 at 6:49 PM, red3dred said:

Monsters were affected by the arousal effects once a long time ago, as a proof of concept, but the code doesn't support checking up if the actors should be allowed in certain positions, and the monsters had problems "leaving a bed" so to speak, i presume Loc canned the idea for now. If they do bring it up again, i'm sure that would work, but for now it does not.

Extra posting this here aswell since peeps think the monster damage issue is this mod.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:57 AM, Kaidesa said:

There is a fix for it.  If you read a few pages back you'd know I wrote one, and that it works for most people.  

On 11/3/2020 at 12:42 PM, ScaryDescent said:

I took a look at the Defeat's files and it seems like there is a return missing in /stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua I suppose that was the culprit

Fix for defeat 2.4.0. inc Monsters

So Kaidesas 2.4.0 fix work for me and to fix monsters not taking damage, a small edit to monster_primary.lua files that ScaryDescent mentioned.

In the \sexbound-defeat-2.4.0\stats\sexbound\

1. Replace the sexbounddefeat.lua with Kaidesas.

2. Manually: Open monster_primary.lua, on row 27 it says: 

self.sexboundDefeat:handleApplyDamageRequest(sexbound_defeat_applyDamageRequest, damageRequest)

change to 

return self.sexboundDefeat:handleApplyDamageRequest(sexbound_defeat_applyDamageRequest, damageRequest)

2. Easy: Used the attach monster_primary.lua

Huge thanks :D to Kaidesa and ScaryDescent

monster_primary.lua

19 minutes ago, burkmannen said:

Fix for defeat 2.4.0. inc Monsters

Huge thanks :D Kaidesa and ScaryDescent!

... sigh, see what i mean?

On 11/14/2020 at 5:25 PM, red3dred said:

No problem lol, and don't worry, we are at the end of the thread, thus nobody will read it unless they have been keeping up!

... no like, seriously, most people either only read the first post, or the first page of posts, and very few people upkeep with the end of the thread. That's expected at this point. It's been like, 4 pages of people saying "Defeat is broken" until now with some chatter in between...

You mention Scaveran will be next on the list of new supports for the future but I'm genuinely curious how you'd go about a bird-like creature with those toucan proportions? I suppose this question can go out to some of the other more abstract looking creatures like Squeems, Anglure and Po. Also really happy to see more support+pregnancy for the Scandroid!

51 minutes ago, NikitaRGX said:

You mention Scaveran will be next on the list of new supports for the future but I'm genuinely curious how you'd go about a bird-like creature with those toucan proportions? I suppose this question can go out to some of the other more abstract looking creatures like Squeems, Anglure and Po. Also really happy to see more support+pregnancy for the Scandroid!

Glad you've enjoyed the Scandroid changes and additions! But oh god not Po...

And well, thankfully Starbound does leave room for a few of these things to be better animated because many creatures are either small enough to be held (Gleaps, Nutmidges, Squeems) and thus making the artwork easier, or they just use a humanoid shape, at least in part, as in the Anglure's case, so that allows people to animated them either the monstrous way, or the more conventional way, or both. As for the Scaveran, it'll be a hard set of animations to do, mainly when i already have my plate full, and more than likely will be a larger one too. (EG: Adult Poptop's animation sheet is bigger, from 43²px to 69²px)

But my idea...? More than likely the positions will be Doggy, Missionary and Cowgirl. Maybe... one of the new ones...

11 hours ago, red3dred said:

But my idea...? More than likely the positions will be Doggy, Missionary and Cowgirl. Maybe... one of the new ones...

I may take some time to muse on ideas on how each of the currently unaddressed creatures could function in sexual settings, within the constraints of Sexbound spriting and all, since that seems like an interesting creative condundrum.

Great work on the mod! ?

So, I'm just coming out of the woodworks, or cave system in my case, to tell y'all I happen to have a bit of animation of the Toumingo and I thought that maybe you could have use of it? I wouldn't consider it complete, even if the entire Actor1 is implemented.

I could post a picture if this would be something of interest?

11 hours ago, NikitaRGX said:

I may take some time to muse on ideas on how each of the currently unaddressed creatures could function in sexual settings, within the constraints of Sexbound spriting and all, since that seems like an interesting creative condundrum.

Don't burn too much brainpower on such things, i mostly just do it as i go, when i start working on a monster. Analysis Paralysis does take it's toll mostly but other than that, going with the flow works for me.

4 hours ago, kibukibuki said:

Great work on the mod! ?

So, I'm just coming out of the woodworks, or cave system in my case, to tell y'all I happen to have a bit of animation of the Toumingo and I thought that maybe you could have use of it? I wouldn't consider it complete, even if the entire Actor1 is implemented.

I could post a picture if this would be something of interest?

Hey, and entirely up to you. After the concept of Teratophilia was out, i wouldn't doubt some people made custom supports for themselves and never announced it. The underground modding for adult content is rather large, so i'm completely fine if you don't want to share it too lol

On the other hand, if you want to share it, for the mod, or for the users, entirely up to you. I won't request or boss you around for this stuff. All contributions are appreciated.

10 hours ago, red3dred said:

Hey, and entirely up to you. After the concept of Teratophilia was out, i wouldn't doubt some people made custom supports for themselves and never announced it. The underground modding for adult content is rather large, so i'm completely fine if you don't want to share it too lol

On the other hand, if you want to share it, for the mod, or for the users, entirely up to you. I won't request or boss you around for this stuff. All contributions are appreciated.

Hehe, well, I don't feel like uploading a mod myself, so I would be more than happy to contribute instead! xD

The zip is the layered model of actor1, I wouldn't mind touching it up and/or making actor2

Here's a little sample~

Spoiler

Toumingo-sample.gif.bb15fea4485081e3cd58fa3479d0dfaf.gif

toumingo.7z

2 hours ago, kibukibuki said:

Hehe, well, I don't feel like uploading a mod myself, so I would be more than happy to contribute instead! xD

The zip is the layered model of actor1, I wouldn't mind touching it up and/or making actor2

Here's a little sample~

I appreciate the contribution, and well, it's a bit jiggly (A term i use often when there are sudden changes between frames of animations) but otherwise it's not bad. The creature has expression and a... tentacle? Well, not the weirdest take i've seen that's for sure.

15 hours ago, red3dred said:

Don't burn too much brainpower on such things, i mostly just do it as i go, when i start working on a monster. Analysis Paralysis does take it's toll mostly but other than that, going with the flow works for me.

I've already thrown out ideas onto a txt up to Lumoth. Some critters I have to just do quick passes on since they're fairly similar to other creatures and would just go off references, but I'm going to compile ideas based on the creature's unique design aspects, which can hopefully serve as a guiding light for future spriting.

6 hours ago, NikitaRGX said:

I've already thrown out ideas onto a txt up to Lumoth. Some critters I have to just do quick passes on since they're fairly similar to other creatures and would just go off references, but I'm going to compile ideas based on the creature's unique design aspects, which can hopefully serve as a guiding light for future spriting.

??