[mod] Teratophilia

So, @Impestato, i've double-checked your logs and that is currently the only issue being shown;

Naturally Horny seems to be installed correctly judging by the fact it even gets as far as loading the other files required to run the mod. But that one arousal file is supposedly "Not there".

I've double-checked my local copy and downloaded my own mod from the website, both had the file there;

ZIP:
image.png.05e2ca252e838642743478599fc7a2f1.png
image.png.e20343e57d93e4eee89c0df79e4da0de.png

My Mods Folder:
image.png.062e859654e0113948cff5286006858e.png

image.png.36b3ba090d8f16699a716a792dd0c6b5.png

I even checked where the file is called, and they were both fine. So i'm going to ask you again to make sure the file is in there, and if it is, my only last suggestion is to rename the Naturally Horny folder to something else, preferably shorter. I only have one suspicion but i cannot confirm it, since the log on says it cannot find the file. Not that i cannot access it or otherwise errors reading it.

13 hours ago, Impestato said:

I'm keep tring

Well, nothing's gonna fix that, you can try, as a last ditch effort, to use the .pak version of Naturally Horny, and just drop that in your mods folder (Remember to remove the folder for it if you do) and see if that helps, otherwise, you gotta remove it entirely. Sorry about that. I don't know why your computer just does not load that file in particular.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Algene said:

I'm kinda talking out of my ass as much as I dislike doing that, I didn't do any type of research but could this be relevant in any case to us? if not well, no idea what I'm seeing anyway if yes, yay.

I saw Monster Core, but it seems just irrelevant sadly. All it appears to do is move the main monster scripts from "monster.lua" to "monster_primary.lua", which is basically just saying "We moved the thing elsewhere but you still gotta patch it anyway." Sexbound already patches monster_primary.lua for Defeat. I could probably find some use to it but it wouldn't be anything we don't already do with the API, would just be unloading stuff like monster gender data, egg data, etc, into another API.

2 hours ago, bmt12354 said:

is there any updates coming?

I can't say yes, but i don't know, i may try to get some Beta PoV files going just in case, along with some mod to improve the code/artwork for PoV at some point in the near future (Somewhat fascinated by that feature i guess, have been working on it for a couple days and then got it all bricked by the latest update =V) but as for new monsters? I don't have anything cooked up at the moment. Though, i might aswell work on something lately, i might put my pencil back down and return to this soon.

Sorry to all users who expected frequent updates from me, and my general lack of will to work on stuff lately.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rarexe said:

Please update this beautiful peace of art, I really want fuck and be fucked by monsters ?

Pardon me asking, but are you having problems running the mod, and thus assuming it's outdated, or just asking for a content drop? Because one makes me concerned, the other one just gets a chat about how i'm trying to return to working on it, but reinstalling Windows has proven to be quite the hinderance.

19 hours ago, red3dred said:

Pardon me asking, but are you having problems running the mod, and thus assuming it's outdated, or just asking for a content drop? Because one makes me concerned, the other one just gets a chat about how i'm trying to return to working on it, but reinstalling Windows has proven to be quite the hinderance.

No, I play with the mod and its amazing but I am a little impatient, don't listen to me bcz I don't know how hard is it to make, I only love this mod and I really really want to see more monster's art but its ok, I'll wait until the next update. I say what I say bcz I loved your mod. ? I'am not demanding you to update the mod right now, it's like I'am a big fan and I really really love your mod. How I wish I could help you...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 9:04 AM, Impestato said:

Sorry to bother the devs one more time but right now my game is fully modded and fully working but seems that i still have some bugs

- Teratophilia made the monster listed with working sex node to dissapear ( in 4 hours i didn't find a slime)

- Aphrodite's Bow not working to trigger the NPC and Monster sex nodes when hit even if the Max Aroused message spawn up

I think is for the race that i'm using (Lombax) but i have the SxB Race support for them and i don't know what to do

If i need to put the TeratoDefeat i alredy have it but it make the monster and the NPC's unkillable

Mod folder.png

Sample 1.png

Sample 2.png

Did you download the .pak file for Sexbound? I did the src.zip and no matter what I did it didn't work. Once I deleted everything and then put the .pak file into the folder it started working perfectly.

8 hours ago, GODDAMNBASTARD said:

tbh there should be a way to make all the monsters female only/male only fr

Well, there is. You go into the mod's files and change the gender value inside of all monster patches to either 1 or 2.

Just, y'know, not all monsters have support for all genders. Some only male, some only female, etc.

35 minutes ago, GODDAMNBASTARD said:

i do not know how to open a .pak file

You can either use the command-line method, which i do not recommend, a pre-made executable, or this;
https://pakit.ibraheemrodrigues.com/

Install, configure the necessary files (just tell it where Starbound packer and unpacker executables are, if it does not find them by default) and should be simple enough to operate.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I'm having an issue with the mod, where in singleplayer monsters work fine and can be defeated, aphro bowed, and whatnot. In Multiplayer, however, none of that works - sexnodes of monsters specifically aren't being created, but being defeated by a monster still initiates fine (presumably because the player is the sexnode in that situation, not the montser). Server log gives an error about loading head assets. Really stumped on this one - would love to get help finding a fix, if there even is one?

Relevant error lines from the attached log:

[10:05:17.509] [Warn] Could not create placable object of kind 'sexbound_main_node', exception caught: (AssetException) Error loading asset /monsters/gleap/malehead.png:normal?addmask=/artwork/defaults/default_mask.png:default.default?addmask=/artwork/defaults/default_mask.png:default.default

Quick edit to mention that this occurs even when the only three mods installed are Sexbound, Aphrodite's Bow, and Teratophilia.

starbound_server.log

Edited by kabombz
14 minutes ago, kabombz said:

Alright, so I'm having an issue with the mod, where in singleplayer monsters work fine and can be defeated, aphro bowed, and whatnot. In Multiplayer, however, none of that works - sexnodes of monsters specifically aren't being created, but being defeated by a monster still initiates fine (presumably because the player is the sexnode in that situation, not the montser). Server log gives an error about loading head assets. Really stumped on this one - would love to get help finding a fix, if there even is one?

Relevant error lines from the attached log:

[10:05:17.509] [Warn] Could not create placable object of kind 'sexbound_main_node', exception caught: (AssetException) Error loading asset /monsters/gleap/malehead.png:normal?addmask=/artwork/defaults/default_mask.png:default.default?addmask=/artwork/defaults/default_mask.png:default.default

Quick edit to mention that this occurs even when the only three mods installed are Sexbound, Aphrodite's Bow, and Teratophilia.

starbound_server.log 27.23 kB · 0 downloads

At some point the head files called for monsters specifically were changed inside Sexbound's code. I dunno why, as usual, one of those changes that isn't logged or explained why. Oh well, i'm going to have to release an update to fix the head issue again =V

So, the problem is that the server for Starbound, specifically the dedicated one, absolutely will refuse to run if a image is missing, if a frame is wrongly named, etc. This isn't a thing in Singleplayer, or "Host and Play"/"Join via Steam/Discord" or whatever. Only on the dedicated server, does it stop at every little error. Like i mentioned earlier, this is because at some point, Sexbound changed the head-file names it looks for, specifically for monsters apparently. I added a place-holder head file (blank) a long time, using the same name used for humanoids. Here's a few spoilered examples if you care to take a look;

Spoiler

Monsters currently in the mod:
image.png.f048cbc69b829a8245cb21bec8574d2d.png

Humanoids in Vanilla Sexbound:
image.png.45f73c0dfaf4fccb992ceefec3fb2320.png

So, it looks right, yeah? Thing is, monsters were changed to use, instead of "head_female"&"head_male", "malehead" and "femalehead". This is something i've already fixed, along with missing .frames files for larger monsters, in my development build, but it's not something i've changed or even heard of until people started having issues when hosting like this.

So for now, if you REALLY want to solve this issue yourself, you can...

1. Unpak the mod using the solution mentioned above your post.
  2. In the artwork folder, for every monster, for both actor1 and actor2, rename their "head_female" and "head_male" to "malehead" and "femalehead".
  3. Recompile if you desire, using the same utility/solution mentioned. It is not necessary, since a folder also is loaded by Starbound, but if you have issues, it may help.

... or honestly, just wait for the next update. It may take a bit longer since i'm dealing with class-work and several tasks, but i'll try to push an update so people can play the game on servers.

15 minutes ago, red3dred said:

So, it looks right, yeah? Thing is, monsters were changed to use, instead of "head_female"&"head_male", "malehead" and "femalehead". This is something i've already fixed, along with missing .frames files for larger monsters, in my development build, but it's not something i've changed or even heard of until people started having issues when hosting like this.

Wow, that's... a lot simpler than I was expecting, honestly lol. It always seems to be the little things that break with mods. Thanks for the help, that worked like a charm. I appreciate the hard work you've done on the mod! Speaking of, would you want/need any help creating artwork sheets for monsters? I have the free time and would love to help contribute.

2 minutes ago, kabombz said:

Wow, that's... a lot simpler than I was expecting, honestly lol. It always seems to be the little things that break with mods. Thanks for the help, that worked like a charm. I appreciate the hard work you've done on the mod! Speaking of, would you want/need any help creating artwork sheets for monsters? I have the free time and would love to help contribute.

Help/contribution is always welcome, but i don't have a team or a Discord. I have the same answer i gave recently to someone else who asked;

On 10/22/2021 at 5:54 PM, red3dred said:

Hey, hello, and thank you for your interest! Glad to see people enjoying the mod.

As for your query, indeed. I don't have a team or Discord server or anything, i just accept contributions if people wanna throw them at me, and ask them what monsters they'd like to see done. I have a few being worked on myself and a few other contributors who sent me samples and WIPs, so if you want to help with the project, i have a few tutorials on how to add support to monsters in the "Starbound Club" section in LoversLab, and i'll gladly accept contributions, even if they are simple edits.

There's no need to contribute to the mod if you don't desire to do so, since most of it is indeed a ton of spritework/art, and that takes a while. I don't wish upon anyone the hell that is art-block!

Anyhow, lemme brief this up; I appreciate your offer, and i'm open to more communications if you want to contact me again. I also have a Discord and don't mind adding people. Fare thee well, and have a good day!

Also as an addendum, the "official" Sexbound Discord still exists, and is pretty quiet, but i have been given rights to invite people there, and if anyone wants to join it for mod-talk, feel free to ask me for an invite.

Okay, so, upon further testing, just renaming the files from head_male/female to male/femalehead did not solve the issue. Same error still being thrown. This is where it gets fun, though: where it reads "Error loading asset" then lists the directory for the file? It's not looking in /artwork/monsters/etc., it's just looking directly in /monsters/<species>. I transplanted the artwork folders there, which then threw a different error. 

[18:34:18.764] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /monsters/gleap/malehead.png:normal?addmask=/artwork/defaults/default_mask.png:default.default?addmask=/artwork/defaults/default_mask.png:default.default, (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/monsters/gleap/malehead.png' while resolving image frame '/monsters/gleap/malehead.png:normal'

So I simply added the default humanoid male_head and female_head .frames files to the gleap folder, renamed them to match the monster head naming scheme, and it actually spawned a sexnode finally. I have no clue if this is in any way helpful troubleshooting or if it's just a freak glitch exclusive to my installation and server, but this solution, for whatever reason, works. I didn't test whether or not it needed other files in the folder that weren't the head files, but I did confirm that this trick? also works for other modded monsters like Terramons. Overall, I give JSON a -5/10 god i hate working with this language

starbound_server.log.1

6 hours ago, kabombz said:

Okay, so, upon further testing, just renaming the files from head_male/female to male/femalehead did not solve the issue. Same error still being thrown. This is where it gets fun, though: where it reads "Error loading asset" then lists the directory for the file? It's not looking in /artwork/monsters/etc., it's just looking directly in /monsters/<species>. I transplanted the artwork folders there, which then threw a different error. 

[18:34:18.764] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /monsters/gleap/malehead.png:normal?addmask=/artwork/defaults/default_mask.png:default.default?addmask=/artwork/defaults/default_mask.png:default.default, (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/monsters/gleap/malehead.png' while resolving image frame '/monsters/gleap/malehead.png:normal'

So I simply added the default humanoid male_head and female_head .frames files to the gleap folder, renamed them to match the monster head naming scheme, and it actually spawned a sexnode finally. I have no clue if this is in any way helpful troubleshooting or if it's just a freak glitch exclusive to my installation and server, but this solution, for whatever reason, works. I didn't test whether or not it needed other files in the folder that weren't the head files, but I did confirm that this trick? also works for other modded monsters like Terramons. Overall, I give JSON a -5/10 god i hate working with this language

starbound_server.log.1 27.85 kB · 0 downloads

Lol, JSON isn't so much a language as it is just a array structure, but yeah, it seems you have a entirely different version of Sexbound than i do? Not unlikely given i stopped updating some point before Lustbound and AlluringToys were annexed.

Could it be you're using that old config change to make it so modded races use their alternative modded heads? Y'know, the "Cutebound" tweak? Because that method is outdated and is essentially available in base Sexbound now by default, implementing it the old way causes this exact issue on anything that isn't humanoid, last i checked.

Plus, you're right, there'd need to be a .frames file either in a previous root folder (actor1/actor2 or just "monsters") for both malehead and femalehead for it to still not complain. Forgot to mention that part, my bad.

Another side note, is that you seem to be running TeratoCustomDefeat, and that... last i checked wasn't compatible with latest Sexbound? But if it's working for you, honestly, i'd install it too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again to everyone, i'm using the PAKit for unpak the mod and for the first 5 minute was all working after a while i become invincible insted of perish for the damage against a monster, and 2 aggressive NPC's didn't die when killed and didn't even turned in sex nodes.

Maybe something is wrong with the defeat mod or there is a conflict with another mod.

And the Whip mod seems to not work at all.

Could someone kindly help me? Thanks in Advance :)

Mod Folder.png

starbound.log.5

5 minutes ago, Impestato said:

Hello again to everyone, i'm using the PAKit for unpak the mod and for the first 5 minute was all working after a while i become invincible insted of perish for the damage against a monster, and 2 aggressive NPC's didn't die when killed and didn't even turned in sex nodes.

Maybe something is wrong with the defeat mod or there is a conflict with another mod.

Well, Defeat Custom is sadly, not compatible with the latest version of Sexbound. You need to change to the default Defeat mod available in it's thread for the latest. I've tried updating Custom but Defeat itself was rewritten and several of the features no longer work, thus with having no success updating it, i've left it Loc's hands until the features return.

Good grief, why is Defeat so buggy? (I know why but alas)

5 hours ago, Impestato said:

Mod Folder.png

starbound.log.5 2.35 MB · 1 download

Ok i erased the Costum Defeat and the EB Whip mod but now i don't know how to activate the Node with any NPC's or crewmate, and Terramons seems to not work with a female MC maybe?