2 minutes ago, wHOaMiEH said:

Regarding Nuka Ride, are you going to release it as a separate update(with hardship since I saw that you are merging the scenes to play trough hardship) or will it be included with JB's new update(whenever is ready)? Enjoy your semi-vacation. :D 

He's been helping JB with it, so his work on NR will appear in whatever the next major update to that is, but JB has had some other things come up which has delayed that a bit.

Hardship is still (and will presumably remain) entirely separate, but works well alongside it.

15 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

He's been helping JB with it, so his work on NR will appear in whatever the next major update to that is, but JB has had some other things come up which has delayed that a bit.

Hardship is still (and will presumably remain) entirely separate, but works well alongside it.

Yep, I know about JB's vertigo troubles,he should rest as much as possible. I was thinking of Ten's screenshots with the the investors and with the pack leader. ;)

Edited by wHOaMiEH
36 minutes ago, wHOaMiEH said:

Yep, I know about JB's vertigo troubles,he should rest as much as possible. I was thinking of Ten's screenshots with the the investors and with the pack leader. ;)

All part of upcoming releases for NR as far as I know, once JB is back in action.

1 hour ago, wHOaMiEH said:

24 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

All part of upcoming releases for NR as far as I know, once JB is back in action.

Yeah. Expect it to be a ways off as some of the stuff I've done will require a new save, and JB is still adding stuff so it doesn't make much sense to release my contributions piecemeal. But it should be worth the wait. IMO, having the more complicated sex scenes really elevates the whole affair.

Edited by Tentacus
30 minutes ago, Jamiryo06 said:

Can someone tell me where is this "Bad boyfriend"?

If, while turning tricks as a prostitute, a john refuses to pay and tries to rape you, then you can return to that same NPC later and offer your services again. They will of course play along and then rape you a second time. If you go back to that same NPC and offer your services a third time, they will realize you're actually into it, and will give you the option of entering into a more permanent relationship.

23 hours ago, vaultbait said:

If, while turning tricks as a prostitute, a john refuses to pay and tries to rape you, then you can return to that same NPC later and offer your services again. They will of course play along and then rape you a second time. If you go back to that same NPC and offer your services a third time, they will realize you're actually into it, and will give you the option of entering into a more permanent relationship.

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, TigerTimmy said:

So I’ve got the mod up and running and everything seems to be in order but when I talk to anyone all I can see are my dialogue options, I can’t see their responses. ? 

Did you turn on (both kinds of) subtitles in the general Fallout 4 game settings?

13 hours ago, TigerTimmy said:

So I’ve got the mod up and running and everything seems to be in order but when I talk to anyone all I can see are my dialogue options, I can’t see their responses. ? 

In addition to what Vaultbait said... Make sure you don't have F4z Ro D-oh installed as it breaks subtitles.

54 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

In addition to what Vaultbait said... Make sure you don't have F4z Ro D-oh installed as it breaks subtitles.

It can be made to partially work:

1/ Both subtitle options need to be off

2/ User needs to remove the silent files in data/sound/voice so that only the F4z Ro Doh folder is left

The big downside is that the pc's comments do not show only the NPC's, however rather oddly, for AAF Violate they do show correctly for some reason.

It's been reported a number of times but I think the author has given up on it, which is a great shame as if it worked correctly it would be extremely useful for everyone

I've got to tell you, this is great. How its built, how it works, its stunningly immersive. I have one question though, is there an option to tone down sounds a little? I mean those sounds that play after particular dialogue options during acts, this loud moaning, beating, screaming etc? 

3 hours ago, Semtin said:

I've got to tell you, this is great. How its built, how it works, its stunningly immersive. I have one question though, is there an option to tone down sounds a little? I mean those sounds that play after particular dialogue options during acts, this loud moaning, beating, screaming etc? 

Glad you like it.

Turn down your PC's volume? :D

Honestly, you can try removing or swapping out any sounds from the install folder that you don't like or edit their volume in a sound editor, but there isn't much I can do on my end, the engine coding options that would allow for volume customization would add an excessive amount of complexity to already bloated scripts for what is basically a preference edge case. 

If you or somebody else does make a quieter(or alternative) set of sounds... (pending approval) I'd host it as an optional download patch on the mod's main page.

Edited by Tentacus

image.png.affee947804ac48deb18c91064e17971.png

Surely it would be easier to go through all sound descriptors for hardship in xedit and increase value of

Static Attenuation to makes these sounds more quiet. Rule of thumb is that +10db == doubled perceived volume.

So start by adding ~3 - 6 to attenuation values to see if makes it better for you.

Edit: copy sound descriptor records into a new patch plugin as override so it's easier to undo.

Edited by requiredname65
7 hours ago, Semtin said:

If that doesn't yet cover the sounds you're concerned about, you might ask the QUAAF author to include support in the next version.

Edited by vaultbait
17 hours ago, Semtin said:

I've got to tell you, this is great.

It really is. Im not a fan of all the click boxes but have gotten used to them to a point they no longer bother me much. Its like click, click, click, click, sex, click click, sex, click, click, click lol. But the hardship this mod brings to me was something that was sorely needed. It makes for a much more challenging game and mods like this are why we still play this game.  Ive found that even though my haracter is a very straight oriented type that she tends to pursue female clientelle because they offer the least grief. When My character is between settlements I stay hyper aware of footsteps running toward me (menacing raiders) and I get evasive. Cant afford to take chances with them cause they rob you and with AAF Spectators installed, can make for a very miserable Hardship experience. I love shit like that no matter how minute it seems. Makes me think.

Awesome! I got the dialogue working I just have one more problem, once they agree to have sex they say “let’s fine a private place” or something then nothing happens. I’m assuming it’s because I have a conflict with Real handcuffs and advanced animation framework. This is the first time modding and I maybe have bitten off more than I can chew, but I’m determined to get this work! I feel like I’m super close! Staged leito plus erection fix is also having conflicts with Hardship and FO. Any idea on how I can fix it? 

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, TigerTimmy said:

Awesome! I got the dialogue working I just have one more problem, once they agree to have sex they say “let’s fine a private place” or something then nothing happens. I’m assuming it’s because I have a conflict with Real handcuffs and advanced animation framework. This is the first time modding and I maybe have bitten off more than I can chew, but I’m determined to get this work! I feel like I’m super close! Staged leito plus erection fix is also having conflicts with Hardship and FO. Any idea on how I can fix it? 

image.jpg

Those SLP conflicts are just the sound files (I assume you installed No moans or custom moans support in SLP) and the fact that I wasn't too smart and include the same actiondata and mfgdata XML in both mods. It won't cause any problems. In general don't assume File conflicts are necessarily a bad thing in MO2. Often they are essentially meaningless.

Dunno about a Real Handcuffs conflict but make sure the RH Plugin is above the Beggar Whore plugin in the right pane load order. 

If the john doesn't follow you after they say go someplace private that could be a corrupted script. Try reinstalling Hardship, and maybe even AAF. Sometimes a bad AAF install can cause Hardship's main quest not to load.

1 hour ago, TigerTimmy said:

Real Handcuffs and AAF don't really conflict, AAF comes with a copy of the LLFP library and its resource script and script source. In the Real Handcuffs FOMOD installer menu if you choose to include its optional copy of LLFP, your mod manager may report a "conflict" over those three files. The simplest solution is to just un-check LLFP when you're (re)installing Real Handcuffs, but assuming current versions of both it doesn't really matter if you tell it to have one of them overwrite the other (in which case I'd recommend making AAF install "after" RH when resolving the conflict).

Edited by vaultbait
On 9/19/2021 at 2:15 PM, Tentacus said:

Yeah. Expect it to be a ways off as some of the stuff I've done will require a new save, and JB is still adding stuff so it doesn't make much sense to release my contributions piecemeal. But it should be worth the wait. IMO, having the more complicated sex scenes really elevates the whole affair.

Hearing your working with JB is awesome, their mod is pretty damn fun. Adding your skill set can only make it better. Y'alls mods are surprisingly stable for how big they seem. Thanks for all your hard work.

15 hours ago, TigerTimmy said:

once they agree to have sex they say “let’s fine a private place” or something then nothing happens.

Just checking, did you actually talk to them again after they said that? That threw me for a minute the first time it happened to me. They will follow you until you talk to them again and then you will have your sex scene.

12 hours ago, sfeile said:

Just checking, did you actually talk to them again after they said that? That threw me for a minute the first time it happened to me. They will follow you until you talk to them again and then you will have your sex scene.

After they say “let’s go somewhere private” they just walk off and interact with nearby objects like cooking stations or sitting on chairs. They won’t follow and when I talk to them again nothing happens 

8 hours ago, TigerTimmy said:

After they say “let’s go somewhere private” they just walk off and interact with nearby objects like cooking stations or sitting on chairs. They won’t follow and when I talk to them again nothing happens 

When you change things in the MCM do they stay selected? If not your main quest isn't running and it's probably one of the things I mentioned before.