I am playing through as a Motherly Hive/ Nymphic Host from Lustful void and I I love the flavor of the empire. I think the Motherly hive Civic will need a rather significant drop in power though; as in halve all the numbers for the civic, jobs, traits, and buildings and you may be approaching balanced. The heavy emphasis on unity and ability to abduct pops from Nymphic host or base game ascension perks has me producing stupid numbers and blowing through trees trivially. I am not a great player, but I have completed 12 trees (Heavily modded game) by 2294.

I have not tried yet, but to my knowledge it still works, but anyway I am already working on an update.

On 3/28/2020 at 2:18 PM, Ozvelpoon said:

I am playing through as a Motherly Hive/ Nymphic Host from Lustful void and I I love the flavor of the empire. I think the Motherly hive Civic will need a rather significant drop in power though; as in halve all the numbers for the civic, jobs, traits, and buildings and you may be approaching balanced. The heavy emphasis on unity and ability to abduct pops from Nymphic host or base game ascension perks has me producing stupid numbers and blowing through trees trivially. I am not a great player, but I have completed 12 trees (Heavily modded game) by 2294.

I have noticed that problem and will be making changes. I've been thinking about the possibility of making xeno stocks not give any bonuses or resources, or only grant 1 unity or society research.

On 4/3/2020 at 5:50 AM, The Lustful Spirit said:

I have noticed that problem and will be making changes. I've been thinking about the possibility of making xeno stocks not give any bonuses or resources, or only grant 1 unity or society research.

It may be the livestock slavery type is part of the problem. There are a number of bonuses to that slavery type (even more in my modded game) and the number of stacking bonuses can become problematic. My Cattle pops are producing 10 minerals; 23 food; 22 unity; and bonus happiness multiplied by over 700 pops that I have abducted or bred and you basically trivialise a large portion of your economy. 

Maybe the domestic servitude slavery type would be an interesting choice?

18 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

It may be the livestock slavery type is part of the problem. There are a number of bonuses to that slavery type (even more in my modded game) and the number of stacking bonuses can become problematic. My Cattle pops are producing 10 minerals; 23 food; 22 unity; and bonus happiness multiplied by over 700 pops that I have abducted or bred and you basically trivialise a large portion of your economy. 

Maybe the domestic servitude slavery type would be an interesting choice?

The problem is that as far as I know you cannot change the rights of other species within the hive to another type (unless it is assimilation or some type of purge).

I made it simple so that it would not interfere with other mods and would not modify base files. (Adding an alternative job for Livestock) I did it thinking only to be used with LV although even so it was unbalanced. 

So I think that by lowering the numbers and eliminating some I think it will be enough. (in general for games with many MODS and not so many).
And another option I found is that special selection prevent you from selecting other features. (As Nymphic Host and its others LV equivalents.)

I really can't do much not knowing what you use.

At least I will try to modify the rights through events.
If it doesn't work I will only make big changes in the productions, if it works it will be a bigger change in general.

So ... more work.

3 hours ago, The Lustful Spirit said:

The problem is that as far as I know you cannot change the rights of other species within the hive to another type (unless it is assimilation or some type of purge).

I made it simple so that it would not interfere with other mods and would not modify base files. (Adding an alternative job for Livestock) I did it thinking only to be used with LV although even so it was unbalanced. 

So I think that by lowering the numbers and eliminating some I think it will be enough. (in general for games with many MODS and not so many).
And another option I found is that special selection prevent you from selecting other features. (As Nymphic Host and its others LV equivalents.)

I really can't do much not knowing what you use.

At least I will try to modify the rights through events.
If it doesn't work I will only make big changes in the productions, if it works it will be a bigger change in general.

So ... more work.

Not to familiar with the actual coding required unfortunately so I can't comment on that. Just to clarify my previous recommendation; rather than slotting all pops into your re-skinned livestock slavery job, would it be possible to slot them into a re-skinned domestic servitude one instead? Is the issue that livestock is the only available slavery type in the engine for hiveminds?

If the latter is the case then you are right to do a balance pass on the numbers. Preventing the selection of other features would be less effective as it is a reductive approach rather than a constructive one. Not only does it limit creativity in empire creation, but you will never be able to catch all the interactions in a modded game. Sure you could block off the Lustful Void civics and the Nihilistic Acquisition ascension perk, but there are to many mods out there to catch all the interactions in every one.

Thanks again for the time and effort you have put into your mod Spirit, it is great and I wanted to throw out my experiences to make it better

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 11:32 AM, Ozvelpoon said:

Not to familiar with the actual coding required unfortunately so I can't comment on that. Just to clarify my previous recommendation; rather than slotting all pops into your re-skinned livestock slavery job, would it be possible to slot them into a re-skinned domestic servitude one instead? Is the issue that livestock is the only available slavery type in the engine for hiveminds?

If the latter is the case then you are right to do a balance pass on the numbers. Preventing the selection of other features would be less effective as it is a reductive approach rather than a constructive one. Not only does it limit creativity in empire creation, but you will never be able to catch all the interactions in a modded game. Sure you could block off the Lustful Void civics and the Nihilistic Acquisition ascension perk, but there are to many mods out there to catch all the interactions in every one.

Thanks again for the time and effort you have put into your mod Spirit, it is great and I wanted to throw out my experiences to make it better

Well, upload a new version with the new changes.

Motherly Hive is not compatible with old versions. I changed it to be an Origin.
For the moment I will leave it at that. Maybe then I will add the possibility of having it as a civic, as long as you do not have the origin.

First of all I have to thank you for making this mod. I've played with the previous version a bit and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.
However I downloaded the new version and noticed something weird. I wanted to try the new origin and noticed that I could pick Devouring Swarm or the "intrusive" civics from LV. That seems to contradict your intention judging from what you write in your description.

On 7/10/2019 at 12:58 PM, The Lustful Spirit said:

(Not compatible with Devouring Swarm or aggressive and intrusive civic.)

So i've installed and reinstalled the mod a couple of times, but i cant seem to get the 'Motherly Hive' origin to show up.

Zoophilic Rituals dosnt show me a description or effect text

Bestial Hedonism/Animal Keeping/Animal Traficking dosnt show me an effect.

Been looking trough the goverment files, but i cant seem to find any modifiers added or additional text
(If they are placeholders, just ignore that)

I love your mod and please keep up your good work

2 hours ago, Myusenamehere said:

So i've installed and reinstalled the mod a couple of times, but i cant seem to get the 'Motherly Hive' origin to show up.

It first showed up for me, when you've selected to be hive under civic, not before, in case that can help trying out for now to look for it

I tried the mod without intrusive civic like you proposed, but I ended up having to deal with a ridicolous amount of livestock that would heavily weight on my Stability and Amenities to the point that it became unplayable unless i started to murder them all.

Is there something wrong I'm doing? I though the decision to distrupt that appeared would stop the overpopulation but it did not work.