On 10/30/2019 at 3:14 PM, ThrowAwayToThrowAway said:

Playing around with it, it looks like the problem is that Paris is the only province west of Constantinople and Alexandria with 5+ holdings in 769, so almost anywhere in Europe you're likely to end up with Paris as your first holy site. I was incorrect above when I said it checks holding slots; it only checks for built holdings. I think an easy way to fix the problem may be to change it from num_of_settlements to num_of_max_settlements and increase the holdings number by one. When I tried that just now, it seemed to end up with missing holy sites, but then I added the additional restriction of any_province_holding = { holding_type = temple } and it seems to be working fine.

Edit: As a side note, it seems a real missed opportunity to not have Lesbos as one of the default "historical" holy sites.

tentacle_scripted_effects_misc.txt 8.65 kB · 7 downloads

Lesbos would work best as a holy site for the Lilthist tentacle religion.  Definitely not Submissionist imho as it relegates females to a very subservient role.

Thanks ThrowAwayToThrowAway, I'll see about rolling some of your suggestions into the mod. Good catch on the holy sites bug.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:03 PM, emes said:

Does releasing tentacle babies into the wild have any effect? I would think that, if I had the encounter set to "mythical," each tentacle monster that's born in the area could make encounters more likely in the early stage (since that's one more monster in the neighborhood).

Per-province "tentacle infestation level" is something I've been thinking about implementing. Don't hold your breath though, because it's going to be a significant overhaul of how tentacle encounters work, and I'm already busy with tentacle monster characters as is.

Is there any chance of the tentacle cult/cultures taking hold in neighboring lands? I thought it might be interesting to have a Christian or other culture fighting off an invasion of Dagon-worshipers that's rapidly corrupting all the women in my land.st being extra stat bonuses...)

I have something like this planned for a future update.

On a similar note: Do tentacle slaves ever convert to Dagonism on their own; is there anything that makes the conversion easier for them?

AI tentacle slaves do get the "Dreaming of Eternity" event but it takes much longer to fire on average. The best way for you to help them convert, at least for the moment, is to recruit them using the secret religious cult.

On 10/30/2019 at 12:17 PM, 123789654 said:

Cheri - would you consider adding a gamerule to disable the tentacle futa transformation event?

You can turn off futa content in the DWF options.

7 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Will the Tentacle Monster update be compatible with DWF as I'd like to hold off on trying out Dewguru's and Lockeyscrit's mods until I'm absolutely certain they all can work together  with this mod especially since I play with HIP.

Probably not, I'm planning to rework everything for compatibility with LF once it's released.

10 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

AI tentacle slaves do get the "Dreaming of Eternity" event but it takes much longer to fire on average. The best way for you to help them convert, at least for the moment, is to recruit them using the secret religious cult.

That does make me think of something I'd like to see addressed at some point.  When you're still undercover, using the secret cult, it's pretty easy to get your neighboring rulers to join you in worshipping the tentacle gods.  But after you've openly revealed your faith, it becomes almost impossible.  I wouldn't mind if it was a little harder, but it seems to me that if you've successfully corrupted a nearby queen into joyous tentacle slavery, and she can visit your capital to see the blissful worship the women there engage in, then she'd at least be tempted to try to join you in devotion.  Not necessarily guaranteed, but it'd be nice if there were some events or decisions that could speed her on her way.

4 hours ago, Abraxis00 said:

That does make me think of something I'd like to see addressed at some point.  When you're still undercover, using the secret cult, it's pretty easy to get your neighboring rulers to join you in worshipping the tentacle gods.  But after you've openly revealed your faith, it becomes almost impossible.

I plan to address this in the future. Soon (TM).

Now that Luxuria Fantasia 1.0 has been released, Dark World Tentacles will be rebranding to Luxuria Tentacles and updating for compatibility. Expect an update by next week.

14 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

I plan to address this in the future. Soon (TM).

Now that Luxuria Fantasia 1.0 has been released, Dark World Tentacles will be rebranding to Luxuria Tentacles and updating for compatibility. Expect an update by next week.

so, do luxuria and dwr work together? 

Here some tentacle parasire/simbiosis content idea : if fertile, non-tentacle religion female character has crafting artifacts ambition, they should got rumor of 'cursed armor.'(very powerful but very dangerous blah blah)

through spent some money and strange journey, she will got black, seramic-ish plate armor. and its full of tentacles.

this armor is quite OP than ordinary armors but constant harrasing wielder in leading army(and temporal debuff), until fully enslaved by tentacles. but after enslaved, master and wielder will true unite and ensure more survivality in combat.

and craft this armor normaly when tentacle cult and religion.

Here's my latest changes for DWFTentacles. I made all of the tentacle religions to be reformable. I haven't made a specific religious feature for them just yet, but if people want one I'll make it. I use the Lilithianism religious feature for Pagans from Beyond Heresy and works out just fine.

I did make it to where if you choose Ancestor Veneration that you will be able to grant sainthood to characters of your religion, including the former religious head that you played as. It incorporates the Temporal Ancestor Veneration Fix by Cappuccino Joe. I had to add in all three reformed tentacle religions to the HF_sainthood_events.txt in order for it to work.

The second file incorporates all of the above, but it also is a quick and dirty patch for people to use Dark World Reborn and Luxuria Fantasia. I fixed the trait calls to where they go to DWR for breasts and dicks and everything else to LF. This is a temp fix until Cheri can make an official patch. :)

If there is a problem let me know and I'll fix as soon as I can. Thank ya.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I used @Celedhring's work on randomizing the tentacle holy sites. I apologize for forgetting to mention you. The difference is that I used max settlements and made the options be 2-4 slots be options. I just forgot to include it. I've uploaded the corrected versions. You can also just download the file to put in your Dark World Tentacles>common>scripted_effects folder.

EDIT EDIT: I forgot to actually put in the code to make the Dagonic and Submissionism to be reformable. I also fixed the coding for the random holy site generation. I sincerely apologize for the errors.

Dark World Tentacles Temp Patch.zip Dark World Tentacles Alterations v1.zip tentacle_scripted_effects_misc.txt

3 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

Here's my latest changes for DWFTentacles. I made all of the tentacle religions to be reformable. I haven't made a specific religious feature for them just yet, but if people want one I'll make it. I use the Lilithianism religious feature for Pagans From Beyond Heresy and works out just fine.

I did make it to where if you choose Ancestor Veneration that you will be able to grant sainthood to characters of your religion, including the former religious head that you played as. It incorporates the Temporal Ancestor Veneration Fix by Cappuccino Joe. I had to add in all three reformed tentacle religions to the HF_sainthood_events.txt in order for it to work.

The second file incorporates all of the above, but it also is a quick and dirty patch for people to use Dark World Reborn and Luxuria Fantasia. I fixed the trait calls to where they go to DWR for breasts and dicks and everything else to LF. This is a temp fix until Cheri can make an official patch. :)

If there is a problem let me know and I'll fix as soon as I can. Thank ya.

Question: Do your reformed religions have secret cults yet?

10 minutes ago, ThrowAwayToThrowAway said:

I know that if you are the unreformed cultist you can form a secret cult just fine. I never tested if you were a reformed cultist that you can form a secret cult. People are free to test it out and let me know.

1 hour ago, ThrowAwayToThrowAway said:

I just checked and they do not. Since the cults are designed to be reformed by the player. If the player chooses the temporal head option then they become the head of the religion. I believe that should make it hard for you to hide your religion. LOL

6 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

Since the cults are designed to be reformed by the player.

I don't understand what you mean by this. The ai can both reform pagan religions and found the Dark World Tentacles secret cults. So if the ai were to reform, if a cult were properly defined, the player could secretly convert by the usual means and start a cult to spread it.

Also, looking at the files, all three of the landed titles appear to refer to tentacle_lilithid_reformed.

51 minutes ago, ThrowAwayToThrowAway said:

I don't understand what you mean by this. The ai can both reform pagan religions and found the Dark World Tentacles secret cults. So if the ai were to reform, if a cult were properly defined, the player could secretly convert by the usual means and start a cult to spread it.

Also, looking at the files, all three of the landed titles appear to refer to tentacle_lilithid_reformed.

If you look at the actual religions.txt file you'll see that dynamic_cult are set to no. The AI will never form them as it is. That can be changed though by switching it to yes.

The titles themselves are set to the correct reformed religion. I see d_tentacle_religion_reformed, d_tentacle_lilithid_reformed, and d_tentacle_patriarchal_reformed. There will be an update with this post. If there are any further problems please let me know and I'll get the fixed ASAP.

Dark World Tentacles Alterations v2.zip

42 minutes ago, SamIAmHam said:

If you look at the actual religions.txt file you'll see that dynamic_cult are set to no. The AI will never form them as it is. That can be changed though by switching it to yes.

The titles themselves are set to the correct reformed religion. I see d_tentacle_religion_reformed, d_tentacle_lilithid_reformed, and d_tentacle_patriarchal_reformed. There will be an update with this post. If there are any further problems please let me know and I'll get the fixed ASAP.

Yes, dynamic_cult = no because the DWT religions use predefined societies which are formed by the tentacle_found_tentacle_cult decision in tentacle_decisions_secret_cult.txt. There is nothing in that decision which stops the ai from forming cults.

As to the second,

Spoiler

d_tentacle_patriarchal_reformed = {
    color={ 255 50 194 }
    color2={ 210 200 1 }

title = "IRDU_LILI"
    title_female = "ARDAT_LILI"
    foa = "LILI_MATRIARCH_FOA"
    short_name = yes

allow = {
        religion = tentacle_lilithid_reformed
        num_of_holy_sites = 3
        piety = 500
    }

# Always exists
    landless = no

# Controls a religion
    controls_religion = tentacle_lilithid_reformed

# Cannot be held as a secondary title
    primary = yes

dynasty_title_names = no     # Will not be named "Seljuk", etc.
}

13 minutes ago, ThrowAwayToThrowAway said:

Yes, dynamic_cult = no because the DWT religions use predefined societies which are formed by the tentacle_found_tentacle_cult decision in tentacle_decisions_secret_cult.txt. There is nothing in that decision which stops the ai from forming cults.

As to the second,

Hide contents

d_tentacle_patriarchal_reformed = {
    color={ 255 50 194 }
    color2={ 210 200 1 }

title = "IRDU_LILI"
    title_female = "ARDAT_LILI"
    foa = "LILI_MATRIARCH_FOA"
    short_name = yes

allow = {
        num_of_holy_sites = 3
        piety = 500
    }

# Always exists
    landless = no

# Controls a religion
    controls_religion = tentacle_lilithid_reformed

# Cannot be held as a secondary title
    primary = yes

dynasty_title_names = no     # Will not be named "Seljuk", etc.
}

I didn't see that, so that will be fixed real quick. Thank you for catching it. :)

tentacle_landed_titles.txt Dark World Tentacles Alterations v2.zip

I think if more tentacle society for after forming tentacle religion will be cool. for example;

The followers of dagon : brides of mighty god of agriculture and fishery, strong related by stewerdship, prosperity, and dagonic. If high rank in this community, gain 'revoke blessing of dagon' power, temporaly bring famine targeted character's demesne province.

The followers of cthulhu : warrior-slaves of mighty god of dream and death. strong related by marshall, personal combat, and submissionist. If high rank in this community, gain dream duel power, kill or killed someone without suspisious.

The followers of shub-nigguras : sisters-in-law of dark young, offspring of mighty goddess of life, love, and war. strong related by intrigue, fertility and health, and lilithid because they belive lilith is avatar of shub-nigguras. If high rank in this community, gain fertility surplus power, temporaly (few decade) overpopulate targeted character and their vassals and courter.

every non-secret tentacle society is always open for other infidel.

So I've downloaded and read through 3.0.1a content and wow it's amazing.  Haven't loaded it up yet to try.  But it made me think a lot about gameplay, culture, etc and just want to toss these ideas out and see if any of it's interesting.

(BTW: I've skimmed the thread but haven't read everything so apologies if I repeat or contradict something)

Tentacle monsters:

So the flavor text strongly favor societies where women outnumber men and their tentacle overlords by not small margins.  However, digging through the settings, you never have better than 50/50 female bias from vaginal pregnancies and obviously human pregnancies are 50/50 split male/female.  Then you throw in the three other types of tentacle pregnancies and the fact that production can scale up spectacularly and there becomes a bit of a problem.  Now, I haven't played so I can't say for sure but reading through it, it looks like it's fairly expensive to actually recruit tentacle monsters so from a gameplay perspective, it's not yet a problem.  And from what I'm reading on these forums. it looks like gameplay is also a driving argument for keeping the balance where it is as runaway female populations has been a problem.  But from a lore perspective, something seems off.  Even moreso when you consider how ridiculously powerful tentacle monsters/beasts are and that one monster seems to be able to and happily does ravage many women at once.

The obvious solution: the kill each other a lot, but (A) that's boring and (B) that's already what we play.

But what if it was more than just killing?  What if it was absorbing their essence?  Suddenly, a whole list of ideas popped up.  What if a tentacle doesn't really grow so much as it becomes stronger by consuming its brethren?  What if the primal urge of the tentacles isn't so much about reproduction but creating more parts for itself?  A newborn monster is barely more than a couple of tentacles around a central mass - sufficient to satisfy its mother but unable to do much to her.  In this state, it's incredibly weak and the ability to stamp it out is simple.  Its traits are weak, its combat strength limited and unlike human children, it doesn't grow for the first 16 years of its life.  It just is.  But, if it were to suddenly find a few siblings, it might try to consume them.  The process may result in it being consumed by its siblings but regardless, the tentacle mass merges.  This can be represented with "tentacle essence consumed" buffs or something.  As it consumes, it grows.  It goes from being maybe just a bipedal creature to a proper multi-tentacle creature of rape, one with the musk that enslaves and impregnates women and forms them into proper beings for their domination.

Now, this is where lore and gameplay might diverge.  In my head canon: as it becomes stronger, it can start being differentiated into different things with traits.  Some will form into the tentacle beasts, mostly mindless but mobile platforms of death and conquest (side note, I'm thinking they can't heal themselves so much as they form a symbiotic relationship with their paired slaves to produce new spawn that, when consumed, heals them).  Some will form into brood masters, the sentient characters that can be played.  Still others can become the basis of structures - whether it be something small like the tentacle throne to massive wonders.  Obviously, any character you play that starts from the tiny tyke tentacle is going just to the broodmaster category.

The other divergence issue: "marriage"/concubinage/etc in the eyes of a tentacle is a direct enslavement.  Women who are directly enslaved to a master will only intentionally submit themselves to their master - if captured/etc, they are still slaves to tentacles and so will succumb to lust, but for events like "visit my tentacle master", their master is a full character and the dialogue matches.  Now my head canon idea is that as tentacles become stronger, the number of direct thralls they can command increases.  The problem is that (without having dug into everything) the number of concubines is more fixed by the religion rather than the individual...  Maybe events of drifting away from their master or more likely to willingly commit themselves to a lifetime of breeding.  Not sure...

I'm also imagining that they have a maximum title that is proportional to their consumed essence - not sure if that's possible but if not, I imagine that would be more easily achievable by manipulating demesne and vassal caps.

A few other ideas related to this:

- The birth options include consuming (if lord/master) or giving to lord/master tentacle monsters for a much cheaper or no cost

- A possible way to balance is if the consumption expires - ie: individual tentacles age and die but your core essence is immortal.  This requires a continuous supply from your thralls and your brood.  If too many die, your core essence might lose the sentience needed for a broodmaster and "die" to be absorbed by a greater being

- Tentacle monsters are ambitious and seek to consume each other.  Vassals and courtiers who are weaker than their Lords remain subservient - though their Lord may desire to consume them - but when they are stronger, they seek to supplant through intrigue options that lead to consuming their Master

- I think the recruit option would be problematic in this setup.

--------

Chastity devices

As the threat of tentacles become ever more present and obvious, the nobility of the (generally patriarchal) world become quite concerned.  Some of it is about the invaders but some of it is about their progeny and their wives - after all, it would not do for a ruler of men to be unable to rule his woman.  (It's also valuable for the very structure and emotionless world of medieval marriage and the alliance/claim systems)

As such, they can commission chastity devices for self, wives, concubines, lovers, sisters (if liege) and daughters (if liege).  These cost gold and make them ineligible for tentacle rape.

(the cost is too great for peasants so they are left to fend for themselves)

Implementation:

- Tentacle slaves, those willingly being indoctrinated, those following Dagon or Lilith, and women in a Patriarchy cannot be actor

- New trait or series of traits representing fear of tentacles.  Decreased by indoctrination, (always zero for slaves), increased by failed indoctrination, knowledge of being targeted by a tentacle monster/slave for indoctrination, loved one being a victim, nearby region converting (particularly if through tentacle community).  Paranoia, chaste, celibate enhances, zealous enhances while cynical reduces if not tentacle family religion/culture, reversed otherwise.

- As fear increases, characters gain access to these options and are more likely to use them as their fear increases

- Desperate women unable to acquire one independently may beg their liege for one

- Target (if not same as actor) has chance to refuse.  Slaves will always refuse, everyone else is dependent upon fear levels and the above enhancers/reducers - more afraid, more likely to say yes.  Note: those who are willingly being indoctrinated have a choice unlike above - while willing, they do not deviate on their own initiative but if others suggest it, they may reconsider their options.
- Opinion of person who put you in chastity belt is impacted by a variety of factors but assuming none of the above apply, it starts at a moderate penalty.  As the tentacles become more dangerous, they'll thank you for protecting them.

- Refusal can be countered with forcing them to undergo at which point escape options also exist.  Obviously, hefty approval penalty

- Piety gain if one of the Abrahamic religions, piety loss if Patriarchy.  Might also be differences depending on relationship with individual - eg: self, doesn't matter.

- Followers of Tentacle family religions lose piety

- Tentacle slaves have deteriorating mental states.  One thought I had about this is that the "person who owns the key" (priority for husband/man, father, liege) might let them out to be sated

- I imagine it would be quite difficult to use this feature to affect human relationships without also screwing up pregnancy....

-------

Religion

A potential reformation or cult option for non-TF religions (especially patriarchal ones):

As the world comes to terms with the reality that tentacles are real, some men, instead of fearing or submitting, begin imagining opportunity.  These are powerful creatures, but they are basic, most of them mere beasts and the handful that do find it within them intelligence approaching that of men are still incapable of ruling except through regents.  And if they must turn to mere women to do the governance, how desperate they must be indeed.  If they could be tamed and controlled, perhaps the order of the world can be reasserted.

- Can build tentacle lairs

- Tentacle slaves must still hold the barony

- Can not have a tentacle monster in their court (burn or sent out to the wild).

- Hate tentacle monsters and are hated in turn

- Tentacle slaves are not respected any better than before... unless they are solely in the court of the tentacle lairs in which case they are slaves in their proper place  (Note: if a tentacle slave does rise through the ranks, she will hold a reputation penalty... except to tentacle slaves/culture/religions)

- May attempt to ban tentacle baptism.  If possible, tentacle slaves may try to form faction against it.

- May attempt to commit all daughters of tentacles to the pits or command all be adopted.  Higher tolerance favors latter.

- Submitting a woman to the pit is a face worse than just killing them receiving appropriate penalties from loved ones

- Do not (generally) have sympathy for tentacles

- (If Chastity ideas implemented) Permanent fear of tentacles - particularly for women.  Are far more likely to use chastity instruments.  Subjugation and fear are paired consequences...

v3.0-a2 "Tentacled Dreams" - 10 November 2019

Will break old saves.

New Features

• This mod is now called Tentacled Dreams.

• A nearly complete French translation by lukaslunt is now included in the localization files. To my French-speaking fans: Amusez-vous avec "Les rêves des tentacules" s'il vous plaît !

• When you give birth to a tentacle monster, you can now invite it to your court.

Compatibility

• This mod no longer requires Dark World Fantasy/Luxuria Fantasia. Instead it is now compatible with both Dark World Reborn and Luxuria Fantasia. That said, a lot of the content is still LF related and you'll miss most of it if you don't have LF.

• Dark World Extras and Crusader Milk are completely broken right now so don't play with them until they're fixed.

• Using Dark World Reborn with tentacle monsters is currently not recommended because a lot of DWR events and decisions don't take this mod's tentacle monsters into account, leading to weird behavior. Wait for dewguru to fix this first.

• Dicks/tits content now supports all of the following mods: Christianity Mod, Dark World Reborn, Ala's Body Mod. If you're using multiple of these mods, you may see duplicate traits appear (one from each mod). Turn off body traits in all but one of the mods to fix this.

• Futa content now supports all of the following mods: Luxuria Fantasia, Dark World Reborn. If you're using both, you may see duplicate traits appear (one from each mod). Turn off futa content in all but one of the mods to fix this.

• Note that you may not see DWR futa content if you turn off Luxuria Fantasia content. This is a bug on their end, wait for them to fix it.

• The "Spend time with..." decision available to tentacle slaves has been split into a Luxuria Fantasia version and a Dark World Reborn version, each available if you have the corresponding mod.

Modders

• The new global flag tentacled_dreams_active is a synonym for the old dw_tentacles_active.

Tweaks and Bug Fixes

• Relaxed the conditions for randomly generated holy sites, so Paris isn't always a holy site when starting in Western Europe.

• Tentacle warbeasts now capture women when raiding in addition to during wars, and tentacle-born daughters of Byzantine empresses will now have the Born in the Purple trait. Thanks to ThrowAwayToThrowAway for writing the code for this.

• Tentacle monsters will hopefully no longer kidnap women when unsieging your own provinces.

• Added a warning to the decisions to invite a tentacle monster to your court, to clarify that the feature is still unfinished and liable to change.

So apparently the giant trait is considered a blemish on attractiveness, hovewer it doesn't get removed by improve appearance tf.

Which means if you have it a lot of transformations won't do anything

Same goes for dwarf, exept I'm not sure if that one actually gets removed (not sure why would it tho)

On 11/9/2019 at 11:12 AM, Cheri Song said:

v3.0-a2 "Tentacled Dreams" - 10 November 2019

Will break old saves.

New Features

• This mod is now called Tentacled Dreams.

• A nearly complete French translation by lukaslunt is now included in the localization files. To my French-speaking fans: Amusez-vous avec "Les rêves des tentacules" s'il vous plaît !

• When you give birth to a tentacle monster, you can now invite it to your court.

Compatibility

• This mod no longer requires Dark World Fantasy/Luxuria Fantasia. Instead it is now compatible with both Dark World Reborn and Luxuria Fantasia. That said, a lot of the content is still LF related and you'll miss most of it if you don't have LF.

• Dark World Extras and Crusader Milk are completely broken right now so don't play with them until they're fixed.

• Using Dark World Reborn with tentacle monsters is currently not recommended because a lot of DWR events and decisions don't take this mod's tentacle monsters into account, leading to weird behavior. Wait for dewguru to fix this first.

• Dicks/tits content now supports all of the following mods: Christianity Mod, Dark World Reborn, Ala's Body Mod. If you're using multiple of these mods, you may see duplicate traits appear (one from each mod). Turn off body traits in all but one of the mods to fix this.

• Futa content now supports all of the following mods: Luxuria Fantasia, Dark World Reborn. If you're using both, you may see duplicate traits appear (one from each mod). Turn off futa content in all but one of the mods to fix this.

• Note that you may not see DWR futa content if you turn off Luxuria Fantasia content. This is a bug on their end, wait for them to fix it.

• The "Spend time with..." decision available to tentacle slaves has been split into a Luxuria Fantasia version and a Dark World Reborn version, each available if you have the corresponding mod.

Modders

• The new global flag tentacled_dreams_active is a synonym for the old dw_tentacles_active.

Tweaks and Bug Fixes

• Relaxed the conditions for randomly generated holy sites, so Paris isn't always a holy site when starting in Western Europe.

• Tentacle warbeasts now capture women when raiding in addition to during wars, and tentacle-born daughters of Byzantine empresses will now have the Born in the Purple trait. Thanks to ThrowAwayToThrowAway for writing the code for this.

• Tentacle monsters will hopefully no longer kidnap women when unsieging your own provinces.

• Added a warning to the decisions to invite a tentacle monster to your court, to clarify that the feature is still unfinished and liable to change.

Tentacle Monsters as emperors/kings, dukes, etc not active yet?