22 hours ago, divaneam said:

I'm not sure if its talked about already, but it's kind of sad that fertility ends with age of 40. Do you think it would be a good idea to add event to transcend character beyond normal human? (could be a little redone to immortality, but it would be nice to have tentacle "immortality")

BTW, if Cheri is writing event from tentacle POV, can we assuming next release would have tentacle character added in the game?

You essentially contributed only this to the overall discussion:

"add event to transcend character beyond normal human?"

The abdicate event indicates that this is the case already - the catch is your current character becomes an unplayable tentacle slave. What could I say, you can't have the best of both worlds mate. We're talking about tentacles, not a substitute for the immortality event chain.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:39 PM, Celedhring said:

Is that available for npc tentacle monster lords against player characters?

Yes.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:00 PM, SamIAmHam said:

Okay, so I'm thinking 3 base events with two or more decisions that are made. Did you want the base events to be based upon a specific locations? That brings the total up to six total different descriptions. Does that sound about right?

I did notice some editing errors in things that have already been written. Did you want me to fix those as well when I see them?

The locations should be generic enough to work whether you're a Swiss countess, an Arabic sheikah, a Mongolian chieftess, or a Tamil rajni. Other than that it sounds about right.

I might have already caught the localization errors on my end, but feel free to DM me with the errors so I can go check.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:24 AM, divaneam said:

I'm not sure if its talked about already, but it's kind of sad that fertility ends with age of 40. Do you think it would be a good idea to add event to transcend character beyond normal human? (could be a little redone to immortality, but it would be nice to have tentacle "immortality")

I've explained my stance on this elsewhere. Basically I think it's more interesting if immortality is hard to obtain, because then you have to deal with all the regular CK2 succession mechanics. While tentacle immortality is a sexy idea, it gets boring fast in a tentacle-focused CK2 campaign.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:24 AM, divaneam said:

BTW, if Cheri is writing event from tentacle POV, can we assuming next release would have tentacle character added in the game?

Yes, but it's still super unfinished so no promises.

6 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Yes.

The locations should be generic enough to work whether you're a Swiss countess, an Arabic sheikah, a Mongolian chieftess, or a Tamil rajni. Other than that it sounds about right.

I might have already caught the localization errors on my end, but feel free to DM me with the errors so I can go check.

I've explained my stance on this elsewhere. Basically I think it's more interesting if immortality is hard to obtain, because then you have to deal with all the regular CK2 succession mechanics. While tentacle immortality is a sexy idea, it gets boring fast in a tentacle-focused CK2 campaign.

Yes, but it's still super unfinished so no promises.

In case you have not seen it, I am sending you a message with the correction of the problem related to the error file and I have had no answer. It must surely be a mistake on your part finally I hope.

Super hella stoked for the release of the actual tentacle monster characters into the game. I want a reverse-harem of tentacle monsters surrounding my throne and will be utterly inconsolable until I have it.

Kidding aside, take your time! I'm happy to wait as long as it takes to see more of your content. At this point I have DWF because of this mod and not the other way around, lol.

6 hours ago, WolfOfPasloe said:

Super hella stoked for the release of the actual tentacle monster characters into the game. I want a reverse-harem of tentacle monsters surrounding my throne and will be utterly inconsolable until I have it.

Kidding aside, take your time! I'm happy to wait as long as it takes to see more of your content. At this point I have DWF because of this mod and not the other way around, lol.

One tentacle monster is generally enough to satisfy a harem on its own. What use do you have for a harem composed of tentacle monsters?

But you got me thinking ... Cheri, can characters whose religion features polygamy or allows taking of concubines summon ("hire") a tentacle monster to satisfy their harem?

First of all, this mod is amazing and truly impressive.

Second, some bug reports and suggestions:

I received the 'Subjects kidnapped by tentacles' modifier on my province when my tentacles successfully defended my province against a tentacleless invader. Maybe I'm getting the syntax wrong here but isn't the tentacle_increase_women_captured_modifier_effect command in Tentacle.0804 outside of the IF bracket and thus firing regardless of whose realm the battle was in?

add_trait_raped_effect should probably check to see if rape content is enabled in the options menu (has_rape_content = yes or has_global_flag = rape_content_yes)

I keep getting tf events to grow tits/dick, cycling up all the way through the size traits, despite not having the DWF tits & dicks module. Having the events play once for flavour seems fine, but they should probably only run once if dwf_dicktits_active = no. I also suspect because I also have ToNT, which overrides the otherwise empty functions like tits_grow, etc., that it causes ugly tooltips (see imgur.com/98EpJtM.jpg), and those hidden size traits probably still affect things like sexy succession ratings, so those functions themselves probably need to be gated by dwf_dicktits_active.

Have you tried using the Validator on the mod? When I ran the mod through it, I found the following issues, though there was a lot of noise and I might have missed some things.
It showed a missing '=' in tentacle_events_encounters.txt line 943, tentacle_events_yearly_flavor.txt line 406, and tentacle_opinion_modifiers.txt line 1.
In tentacle_nicknames.txt line 274, there is a '-' instead of a '='.
In tentacle_decisions.txt line 267, you used FROM, but Validator and wiki seem to think it should be ROOT.
In tentacle_decisions_secret_cult.txt there is a duplicate modifier on lines 1008 and 1032.
In tentacle_events_secret_cult.txt there is a duplicate modifier on lines 1676 and 1680.
In tentacle_events_secret_cult.txt line 1031 the sound entry is duplicated on the same line.
In tentacle_events_corruption.txt line 2740 there is an invalid AND block that probably just shouldn't be there.
In tentacle_events_fertility_festival.txt line 1773, the localisation key Tentacle0612.3 doesn't exist in any localisation file.
In tentacle_events_misc.txt line 299, Validator doesn't seem to think this is a valid use of FROM.
In tentacle_events_pregnancy_flavor.txt line 2030, legitimized_bastard should be legit_bastard.
In tentacle_events_sex.txt there is a duplicate description on lines 1440 and 1461.
In tentacle_events_tf.txt line 45, there is a superfluous OR block.
In tentacle_events_tf.txt line 823, HFP.HFP.20603 should be HFP.20603.
In tentacle_events_warfare.txt line 259, the localisation key tentacle_imprisoned_tooltip doesn't exist in any localisation file.
In wol_lover_events.txt line 4236, there should be a LIMIT entry in there somewhere.
In tentacle_loc_decisions.csv, tentacle_found_e_tentacle_culture_southern_desc is duplicated on lines 39 and 42.
In tentacle_loc_events_slave.csv, Tentacle0311.1 is duplicated on lines 65 and 66.
In tentacle_loc_events_slave.csv line 210, From.SheHe should be From.GetSheHe.
In tentacle_loc_events_warfare.csv, Tentacle0813 is duplicated on lines 63 and 67.
In tentacle_event_modifiers.txt, there are multiple icon entries for tentacle_slaves_rescued on lines 480 and 482.
In tentacle_event_modifiers.txt line 239, I'm unsure if build_Cost_modifier is case sensitive and should be build_cost_modifier.

As a side note, the leading 0s in event ids both confused validator and makes it harder to find them with control+f. Perhaps it would be best to drop the leading 0s?

And a couple quick questions:

If another character is clearly already a tentacle slave but over 40 and in a different realm, is there any way to discover that they are a tentacle slave so you can induct them into your cult?

You mentioned you wanted to implement some artifacts similar to those in the 'Hire a Smith' decision. What kinds of artifacts were you thinking of?

For the issue of being unable to recruit tentacle levies due to already having a cultural building producing special troops in the holding, what would you think of solving it by having a decision to destroy the relevant buildings from a holding? I've written one, if you're interested.

I notice that being captured via siege results in multiple pregnancies for captured women including the player character (4x)if the tentacle multiple pregnancy rule is turned on.  But it doesn't happen if a player character if she's captured as a result of a battle even though multiple tentacle monsters are present. You'd think they'd all be fighting over for the chance to knock up a highborn woman...and potentially multiple pregnancies from all those tentacle monster cocks trying to thrust into her as they battle over her.  And as an extension, the most dominant tentacle monster in that siege/battle capture might probably ferry the captive into captivity and repeatedly impregnating her along the way as the alpha tentacle monster.  Of course that might result in injury to the poor woman if she doesn't have the appropriate trait..like say.."Insatiable"..or "Broodmother"  "Broodmother would work best especially in the event that said woman wasn't of the tentacle religion but already had the "insatiable" trait but she just wasn't prepared for ALL THOSE TENTACLES TRYING TO SHOVE THEIR WAY INTO HER. *grunt.  grunt..aaah! grunt..GRUNT GRUNT..OOH! MOAN!"

Yeah. I'm kinky that way. :P

2 hours ago, ThrowAwayToThrowAway said:

First of all, this mod is amazing and truly impressive.

Second, some bug reports and suggestions:

I received the 'Subjects kidnapped by tentacles' modifier on my province when my tentacles successfully defended my province against a tentacleless invader. Maybe I'm getting the syntax wrong here but isn't the tentacle_increase_women_captured_modifier_effect command in Tentacle.0804 outside of the IF bracket and thus firing regardless of whose realm the battle was in?

add_trait_raped_effect should probably check to see if rape content is enabled in the options menu (has_rape_content = yes or has_global_flag = rape_content_yes)

I keep getting tf events to grow tits/dick, cycling up all the way through the size traits, despite not having the DWF tits & dicks module. Having the events play once for flavour seems fine, but they should probably only run once if dwf_dicktits_active = no. I also suspect because I also have ToNT, which overrides the otherwise empty functions like tits_grow, etc., that it causes ugly tooltips (see imgur.com/98EpJtM.jpg), and those hidden size traits probably still affect things like sexy succession ratings, so those functions themselves probably need to be gated by dwf_dicktits_active.

Have you tried using the Validator on the mod? When I ran the mod through it, I found the following issues, though there was a lot of noise and I might have missed some things.
It showed a missing '=' in tentacle_events_encounters.txt line 943, tentacle_events_yearly_flavor.txt line 406, and tentacle_opinion_modifiers.txt line 1.
In tentacle_nicknames.txt line 274, there is a '-' instead of a '='.
In tentacle_decisions.txt line 267, you used FROM, but Validator and wiki seem to think it should be ROOT.
In tentacle_decisions_secret_cult.txt there is a duplicate modifier on lines 1008 and 1032.
In tentacle_events_secret_cult.txt there is a duplicate modifier on lines 1676 and 1680.
In tentacle_events_secret_cult.txt line 1031 the sound entry is duplicated on the same line.
In tentacle_events_corruption.txt line 2740 there is an invalid AND block that probably just shouldn't be there.
In tentacle_events_fertility_festival.txt line 1773, the localisation key Tentacle0612.3 doesn't exist in any localisation file.
In tentacle_events_misc.txt line 299, Validator doesn't seem to think this is a valid use of FROM.
In tentacle_events_pregnancy_flavor.txt line 2030, legitimized_bastard should be legit_bastard.
In tentacle_events_sex.txt there is a duplicate description on lines 1440 and 1461.
In tentacle_events_tf.txt line 45, there is a superfluous OR block.
In tentacle_events_tf.txt line 823, HFP.HFP.20603 should be HFP.20603.
In tentacle_events_warfare.txt line 259, the localisation key tentacle_imprisoned_tooltip doesn't exist in any localisation file.
In wol_lover_events.txt line 4236, there should be a LIMIT entry in there somewhere.
In tentacle_loc_decisions.csv, tentacle_found_e_tentacle_culture_southern_desc is duplicated on lines 39 and 42.
In tentacle_loc_events_slave.csv, Tentacle0311.1 is duplicated on lines 65 and 66.
In tentacle_loc_events_slave.csv line 210, From.SheHe should be From.GetSheHe.
In tentacle_loc_events_warfare.csv, Tentacle0813 is duplicated on lines 63 and 67.
In tentacle_event_modifiers.txt, there are multiple icon entries for tentacle_slaves_rescued on lines 480 and 482.
In tentacle_event_modifiers.txt line 239, I'm unsure if build_Cost_modifier is case sensitive and should be build_cost_modifier.

As a side note, the leading 0s in event ids both confused validator and makes it harder to find them with control+f. Perhaps it would be best to drop the leading 0s?

And a couple quick questions:

If another character is clearly already a tentacle slave but over 40 and in a different realm, is there any way to discover that they are a tentacle slave so you can induct them into your cult?

You mentioned you wanted to implement some artifacts similar to those in the 'Hire a Smith' decision. What kinds of artifacts were you thinking of?

For the issue of being unable to recruit tentacle levies due to already having a cultural building producing special troops in the holding, what would you think of solving it by having a decision to destroy the relevant buildings from a holding? I've written one, if you're interested.

If you use Alarrat's Cheat Mod, you can override cultural buildings by converting the culture to one of the tentacle cultures. That will essentially kill ALL cultural buildings other than tentacle related buildings. 

Of course I had to alter the tentacle building costs and times to the point where tentacle culture people will more quickly level those because in Random Designer, only the specific areas designated as tentacle cultures will automatically have their cultural buildings built up as a result of the Randomize Map, not as a result of Alarrat's Cheat Menu. 

For instance if I wanted the Middle East to have tentacle retinues/culture, I'd keep randomizing the map until the tentacle cultures were on the map which WILL give you fully fleshed out tentacle culture buildings (which you can mod in as "Historical")   But that usually leaves you with huge swatches of "no religion" areas that you have to fill in with Alaratt's Cheat Menu, but it DOES NOT FILL UP the necessary religious/cultural buildings to the max, if it wasn't originally rolled up as one of the Tentacle religions BEFORE you mod it in.

The main reason I say this is because "special troops" of ANY type cancels out tentacle retinues or levies thus not triggering any "tentacle monster battle events"  You can however experience the aftermath of any battle against armies with tentacle creatures such as tentacle rape/imprisonment.  Just not the morale hit that you get from having female commanders in an army confronting a tentacle culture army because any other ST type troop in the enemy army will lock out the morale loss for having a female commander in your army opposing another army with tentacle creatures in it. 

ST troops like cataphracts, camel cavalry,  horse archers/etc in an enemy army will cancel out tentacle monster battle events/morale loss for having female commanders in your army

against you.

v3.0-a1 "Ia! Ia! Super Unfinished Alpha Ver." - 26 October 2019

Will break old saves.

Note: Dark World Fantasy is currently undergoing a massive overhaul due to drama between lockeslylcrit and dewguru. Dark World Tentacles will continue to support lockeslylcrit's DWF; just be aware that you can't download DWF right now and the new version will probably break some parts of Dark World Tentacles. I will keep a close eye on things and try to keep this submod compatible with DWF. In the meantime, this mod assumes you have the most recent release of Dark World Fantasy before it was taken down.

New Features

• Tentacle monsters are now characters that you can invite to your court or play as. This feature is currently SUPER BROKEN AND UNFINISHED, use at your own risk. More content will be added in the future.

• If you have a tentacle lair in your demesne, you can invite tentacle monsters to court through a decision from the intrigue menu.

• By default, tentacle monsters are all Incapable. This prevents most vanilla events from affecting them and also places tentacle monster rulers under a permanent regency if regencies are enabled. You can turn this off through a game rule if you prefer more human-like tentacle monsters that can carouse, seduce, tutor children, etc.

• Tentacle monsters can Ravish consenting women by right-clicking their portraits. This decision is currently incomplete and AI tentacle monsters will not use it. It is fully functional though, except for the "Break her" option.

• A new unique Great Work, the Great Hatchery, is now buildable by tentacle monsters and known tentacle sluts. Thanks to better fly for creating the original Great Work submod which inspired this. It currently doesn't have unique art but that may change in the future.

• There is now a decision in the Intrigue Menu for tentacle slaves to gain or lose the futanari trait. This is for people who like futanari content but find themselves playing as their female heir who rejected the futanari transformation, or vice versa.

Tweaks and Bug Fixes

• The game will now tell you that you can't build Tentacle Lairs in a holding that already has Horse Archers, War Elephants, or Camel Cavalry. Instead it will give you a decision to destroy those buildings and replace them with Tentacle Lairs. This works around a CK2 bug where a holding can only produce one type of special unit, causing tentacle warbeasts to never appear. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for modded special units so you will have to destroy those buildings manually through console commands if you want tentacle warbeasts.

• Clarified many tooltips to make it clearer what the requirements are for various decisions.

• Added the option to have a 1/4 chance of a baby girl from tentacle pregnancies.

• Fixed many typos that ThrowAwayToThrowAway caught with Validator. Thanks!

• Fixed players getting endless dick/breast transformations if they didn't have DWF Dicks & Tits installed.

• Fixed tentacle-born girls not inheriting the Elf or Futanari traits properly.

• Tweaked the Alilat Brood name list.

Ty 4 update. Now that the monsters are playable, I will plan to run a game from 769 all the way to 1453. I will let you know if I find any bugs.

EDIT: Ok, this is going to sound pretty stupid, but how do you actually become a monster? xD

EDIT 2: OK, so mod author was correct - new content is super unfinished. Only way to play a monster is console commands (at least as far as I could tell,) some of the event texts are not written yet, and the new government type cannot have troop levies of any kind. That being said, good work so far. I will try the mod again, when it is more finished.

To be clear, the rest of the mod still works as it used to. Only the tentacle monster content is unfinished, and you can just choose not to use the "Invite Tentacle Monster to Court" decision. The AI will never choose work-in-progress decisions either.

17 minutes ago, denst said:

i've been out of LL sometime, can someone explain me what happened between lockeslylcrit and dewguru?

I'm not 100% sure, but by reading both threads, if I'm reading the situation correctly, dewguru left LL modding for an extended period of time, lockeslylcrit took DWR content and incorporated it into DWF so that it was available with new versions of CK, dewguru came back, wasn't happy about their content being used without permission, now they're in the process of splitting their mods between DWR's original content and the new DWF stuff so the content is still there and they can work on their respective projects with an understanding of not taking from the other. 

8 hours ago, denst said:

i've been out of LL some time, can someone explain me what happened between lockeslylcrit and dewguru?

The specifics are private, and Evariskitsune is wrong on some points.  lockeslycrit took over development of DW from dewguru with permission when he wanted to step away from modding.  At some relatively recent point lockslycrit was taking commissions for DW, which dewguru didn't like.  Following that they are now making separate mods, with lockslycrit removing any / all of the old DW from dewguru's days and dewguru restarting his version.

They have publicly stated they will try to make them work with each other, but that'll take some time obviously.

Gave this mod a whirl and it was pretty good time. Had a nice Dagon-worshiping kingdom for a while before being crushed in a war and losing nearly everything. (Note that I'm still pretty new to CK2, so I don't have a great handle on the base game just yet.)

Some of my thoughts on the experience:
At first I thought the healing abilities of the tentacles might be a bit OP, but then I realized that I couldn't easily invite new people to my court. (They all had this attitude of "your tentacle god is icky and I want no part of that" and wouldn't come...if you can believe that!)

In my next game, I'm going to....

• Use slow speed for tentacle pregnancies
  • Set a much higher rate for tentacles to baby girls

My tentacle slave ruler was popping out new girls at such an insane rate that, even with all the murder going on, I had more potential heirs than I could handle.

Some questions:
Does releasing tentacle babies into the wild have any effect? I would think that, if I had the encounter set to "mythical," each tentacle monster that's born in the area could make encounters more likely in the early stage (since that's one more monster in the neighborhood).

Is there any chance of the tentacle cult/cultures taking hold in neighboring lands? I thought it might be interesting to have a Christian or other culture fighting off an invasion of Dagon-worshipers that's rapidly corrupting all the women in my land.

On a similar note: Do tentacle slaves ever convert to Dagonism on their own; is there anything that makes the conversion easier for them? I found it strange that there were so many Christians and Germanic Pagans among the tentacle slaves in my new Dagonic kingdom. I would have thought they'd all get on board faster, having known the love of their tentacle masters first-hand. ;)

I'm interested in the TF aspect of this mod, but I'm not sure what's happening with that (with the traits being removed from the DWF module). Are any events supposed to reference things like breast size? (Be nice if those things had events related to them overall, rather than just being extra stat bonuses...)

Update on the dark world happenings for anyone curious: looks like things have been reasonably settled between dewguru and locksleycrit. Not 100% sure about all the specifics, but it looks like the two mods will be differentiated a bit, and then developed to be compatible with each other going forward so both will be usable together. Sounds like the next few versions of both will be working out kinks/redundancies alongside adding new content. From what I can tell they're still working out the nuances around dependencies, so tentacles may need to use stuff from both of them, depending on how the code is set up/what winds up in which mod.

13 hours ago, emes said:

On a similar note: Do tentacle slaves ever convert to Dagonism on their own; is there anything that makes the conversion easier for them? I found it strange that there were so many Christians and Germanic Pagans among the tentacle slaves in my new Dagonic kingdom. I would have thought they'd all get on board faster, having known the love of their tentacle masters first-hand. ;)

AFAIK you'll need to demand your landed vassals convert to jumpstart things, but then they take over, demanding conversion/revoking as normal. Secrets cults are not a problem because one of the 'behavioral adjustments' of the tentacle sex event is to remove (at least non-tentacle) secret religions. I'm not sure how it would work with say, publicly Lilithid, secretly Dagonic. At the least you won't get vanilla religion cults, and AFAIK the AI does nothing with tentacle religion cults so far.

On other stuff, marrying off tentacle slaves can potentially let them take over to a small degree. If AI attacks are frequent enough to suppress male children and produce enough tentacle-girls, they can become landed, in which case they'll attempt to corrupt other women into tentacle slavery, but only as slaves, not religion.  Unlanded slaves don't attempt to corrupt others, that was pulled some time ago because it caused a great deal of lag. Finally, tentacle girls never inherit claims from their mother's husband, so the spread is limited, and AI attacks frequent enough to suppress male children are likely to corrupt women by themselves.

The only things that ever really dealt with body part size was the (by now horrible out of date and incompatible) Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions mod that had opinion-altering size fetish traits (eg, the likes big boobs trait is +big boob opinion, -small boob opinion), and the Crusader Milk minimod (which DWT has tie-in functionality for), where big boobs can store more milk.

A note - tentacle girls only ever inherit matrilineal bloodlines.

Cheri - would you consider adding a gamerule to disable the tentacle futa transformation event? Also, I've never seen the 'random holy site' gamerule work - they're always the same places in France.

5 hours ago, 123789654 said:

Also, I've never seen the 'random holy site' gamerule work - they're always the same places in France.

The random holy sites are set to spawn so the first in a province with 5+ holding slots close-ish to you, and then the other four spawn in provinces with 3 or 4+ holding slots close-ish to that. It could be based on your starting location and date, that just always works out to the same places? You could try different start dates and locations and see if it changes.

5 hours ago, ThrowAwayToThrowAway said:

The random holy sites are set to spawn so the first in a province with 5+ holding slots close-ish to you, and then the other four spawn in provinces with 3 or 4+ holding slots close-ish to that. It could be based on your starting location and date, that just always works out to the same places? You could try different start dates and locations and see if it changes.

I've tried multiple starting locations in Europe - Scandinavia, Ireland, Italy, Bulgaria, and so forth - always the same counties in France. Albeit these were mostly quick tests in 769, using ruler designer to start with a tentacle religion. It was always the same counties in France.

6 hours ago, 123789654 said:

I've tried multiple starting locations in Europe - Scandinavia, Ireland, Italy, Bulgaria, and so forth - always the same counties in France. Albeit these were mostly quick tests in 769, using ruler designer to start with a tentacle religion. It was always the same counties in France.

Playing around with it, it looks like the problem is that Paris is the only province west of Constantinople and Alexandria with 5+ holdings in 769, so almost anywhere in Europe you're likely to end up with Paris as your first holy site. I was incorrect above when I said it checks holding slots; it only checks for built holdings. I think an easy way to fix the problem may be to change it from num_of_settlements to num_of_max_settlements and increase the holdings number by one. When I tried that just now, it seemed to end up with missing holy sites, but then I added the additional restriction of any_province_holding = { holding_type = temple } and it seems to be working fine.

Edit: As a side note, it seems a real missed opportunity to not have Lesbos as one of the default "historical" holy sites.

tentacle_scripted_effects_misc.txt