4 minutes ago, Kitzune said:

Sorry for double posting.

I converted with the decision what say's that i can build lairs with it but now i dont know how. xD all tribal map, can it be that other mod's can prevent the building-option of lairs? i use the mod's flogi's building & tech and CK2+.

You should be able to build tentacle lairs in your holdings. If you can't, it's probably because one of the other mods is overwriting Tentacled Dreams's building folder. You will have to add them as a dependency in the Tentacled Dreams.mod file for it to work.

Is it inteded that i can "infest stable" in not owned provinces? No tributary, not even any pact or anything but i get the option to do it. xD

Edit: Woah, i use the CB after converting to dagonic and inrei brood but woah i do get huge negativ in prestige if i win and enforce demand. from the most recent war i lost ~800 prestige. xD i'm not a "pro" in crusader kings 2, so if that is normal i wish to know what i'm doing wrong. ^-^

I decided to download the mod and see what it was like from the non-victim/submissive side. Ran for about two hundred years beginning at the 769 start date. The goal was to eventually adopt a tentacle monster into my dynasty and play as a tentacle ruler. That bit I failed in, though not for a lack of trying. Also looked for a way to start as a tentalce monster without landing one and loading a save. Didn't see any options for that. I do have some observations and comments to share concerning my experience though.

A single county tentacle empire formed at one point along with a bloodline that had some localization issues in it's description. Think it originated from a nomadic parent dynasty, as it was located in the steppes. It was conquered and disappeared from history real fast.

As a male with no tentacle related traits and no tentacle special units or buildings I had some siege events where "my" tentacle warbeasts ravaged the land and kidnapped local women. I had some vassals that were tentacle sluts. However I checked the composition of the army used for the siege and there weren't any tentacle related special units. I don't think any of the women were commanders either.

I found a tentacle monster that was Catholic and another that was Iconoclast. Not sure if that is meant to be possible, but didn't seem right to me.

I had an event where a male vassal was revealed to be a deviant that liked having sex with tentacle monsters. Though when I checked his stats out, he did not have the trait.

I managed to wrangle some tentacle monsters into my court and give them some wives (my kinswomen, daughters, and granddaughters). The children that result from those pregnancies didn't receive the Attractive or Tentacle-Born traits that come along with the event based tentacle pregnancies. 

My character has had plenty of wives that were raped by tentacles or were tentacle sluts. Some had events where tentacles were coming out of their womb. None of these created a tentacle monster character. There have also been tentacle pregnancies where no child was created. I'm guessing there is an event that can fire in which you are able to release tentacle babies into the wilderness, and the AI is choosing to do so. As an aside, it feels weird not being able to do anything about someone coming to you crying and saying they've been raped by a monster. Perhaps an event like the missing courtier would be fitting, where you try to track the problem down.

There was some neat AI behavior, where in the majority of tentacle-influenced vassals I noticed took the seduction focus and tried seducing my character and his sons. As time went on the male population started to dwindle in areas that I witnessed a lot of tentacle related activity. Not hugely, but you could see tentacles influencing the population's gender ratio. Still, the seduction of key men and population manipulation was an insidious compliment to the more in your face element of tentacle monsters.

Minor bug: using alternate start, Alaa's Cheat Menu, and HIP, a frew provinces will not have a tentacle lair building despite being flipped to a tentacle culture as well as religion.  Africa and just east of Mutenia (Wallachia)  Clarification: HIP is indeed listed as a dependency in the Tentacle Dreams .mod file - double checked to make sure after reading a few posts up.   You may want to add a decision to force-build a tentacle lair if that's possible.

Sorry for bothering with that, but i just get event, where some tentacle beasts kidnap one of the women from you count. Cool shit! But then i decidet to fight with him, i thought " Well, its not going end wery well, but at least, i have some nice scene or in worst scenario, it leads to game over as breeding slave".

Well, beast just torn my poor character apart ?

Could it be changed into much less violent variation somehow? Like begin kidnappet too. Same result, but scene is will be much less brutal. Sorry, but i just shoked, becouse this beast must prioretise breed, and then hi defeat all you guards, why did hi even want to harm sing woman, without weapon? Just... not fit the character motivation. And disgust me, to be honest.

First: if I'm not mistaken, it seems like AI tentacle cultists cannot get any quests from the tombola because of

modifier = {

factor = 0

ai = yes

}

Also, characters appear to be able to get a quest to recruit characters that are not known (to the quest recipient) to be eligible for recruitment.

Thus making it very hard, if not impossible, for a tentacle cult to grow unless the player does all of the recruitment themselves.

Also: what's up with duchess Matilda of Tuscany?

Following my run as human trying to adopt a tentacle monster into his dynasty, I landed a tentacle monster, granted them independence, and went on to load a save playing as the newly landed tentacle monster for about 150 years. It was a fun experience. I am going to throw out some comments and observations I've made during my time as a tentacle monster. I haven't read much of this thread, so some of the things I point out may have been mentioned already. Hopefully this post helps in some way.

My initial start up with the newly independent tentacle monster had provinces that were not tentacle influenced. Which was rough. No levies at all. I wound up giving up all my land, expect the capital, to tentacle slaves. It worked out pretty well like that but I had not personal army, aside from some warbeast retinues, for decades while I tried to convert my province. I get the feeling the intention is that a person plays as a tentacle slave, and prepares the way for the monster, before playing a tentacle ruler.

I noticed that tentacle monsters get -0.25 to their Essence for being Lustful. Seems off, given the nature of the creatures.

I had difficulty finding women that my tentacle monster could hand out land to. Unless they were already landed. Even then, sometimes my council didn't want to allow me to land that person because people on the council wanted the land ... even though I couldn't grant it to any of them.

The Tentacle Fertility Festival auto-ends in a "failure" similar to how feasts and vanilla festivals fail when you get involved in a war. However, I've experienced this premature ending even when not in wars. Is there a hidden condition? 

Consign to Tentacles is a good way of dealing with swelling prisons. Though it would be nice to include a Mass Ravish or Mass Breed intrigue decision. Having breeding stock in your prison allows you to keep spawning warbeasts, and supplies you with a renewable pool of slaves for Tentacle Pits in your provinces. It'd also be an excuse for a sex scene where your tentacle monster character ravishes a lot of women at once. Sometimes you want one on one time with a favored breeder. But for the day to day, I wound up wanting to breed 50 to 100 women at once.

I like how Ravish removes the Malnourished, Stressed, and Depressed traits. Nice touch.

Around the year 1050 (not sure if a longer game matters) I noticed big lag spikes when revoking titles that I don't get in vanilla CK2. This was especially pronounced when revoking titles from tentacle monsters.

Both perspectives I played were thoroughly fun in different ways. The atmosphere and themes are cohesive and feel right for the subject matter. That's the strength of the mod, in my eyes. Everything seems to fit.

As a human man, there was a sense of horror, dread, and revulsion (even though I did some gamey experiments here and there to see what would happen). You end up dealing with raped loved ones. Adbucted friends and family. Insidious cultists trying to seduce and manipulate you even as they subvert your culture, religion, and aid they tentacle masters in despoiling your womenfolk. You get the opportunity to assassinate or imprison cultists, and occasionally hunt down a tentacle monster in it's layer. You have the chance to try to combat the tentacle menace, but it feels like a daunting, persistent, threat that you can never truly end. 

As a tentacle monster you give up direct control for absolute loyalty from your followers and considerable power. Tentacle monsters don't get the usual passively occurring random events. Maybe they'll get some of their own down the road, but right now the tentacle monster's events are proactive. You stalk your target. You indoctrinate your prisoners. You breed your slaves.  See some land with a plentiful population of women that you want? Point your cultists at it and they'll get it for you while you focus on what really matters. With the concubinage government having a built in call-to-arms akin to tribal government (such a great move) you can work on Stalking a queen and subverting her will to your need to breed while the cultists wage holy wars in your name. Or just Ravish the hordes of moaning prisoners in your lair.

Nicely thought out mod.

On 12/16/2019 at 9:50 AM, Celedhring said:

Minor bug: using alternate start, Alaa's Cheat Menu, and HIP, a frew provinces will not have a tentacle lair building despite being flipped to a tentacle culture as well as religion.  Africa and just east of Mutenia (Wallachia)  Clarification: HIP is indeed listed as a dependency in the Tentacle Dreams .mod file - double checked to make sure after reading a few posts up.   You may want to add a decision to force-build a tentacle lair if that's possible.

Found the solution but it required me to use console to play as the affected owner and then clicking on the "Infest Stables" decision to change the stables to the tentacle lair since those were under NPC rulers.

On 12/15/2019 at 11:32 AM, Damicles said:

Just wanted to ask which mod is better with this Lux Fantasia or Dark World.

This is a bit of a cop out answer, but I think it comes down to personal preference. I personally prefer LF only because I like it a bit better than DWR. This is because I feel like the lore of the tentacles in this mod has only female tentacle kin and full on tentacle beasts while DWR has the possibility for male humanoid tentacle kin. It isn't totally immersion breaking, but enough to be off putting for me.

I played with both separately before coming to that conclusion, so I'd encourage you to try it out and see what you like. Also, there's also nothing to stop you from using both. With the new update to LF they seem to play together more nicely than they did before, so that's good if you cant choose. Maybe plug both in, go on a wild tentacle ride, and serve the tentacle masters in both mods. Fhtagn!

Just offering a suggestion to Cheri - maybe add a tentacle warbeast mercenary company or two or a holy order that's only available to lords who are either tentacle religion or culture or both)   You could call it "Crusade for Cthulhu" and it's slogan would be "It found me"  ?  Or "The Shadows of Innsmouth" hinting that those are really Deep Ones who really really want to mate with your womenfolk.

Cthulhu f'htagn!!

2 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Just offering a suggestion to Cheri - maybe add a tentacle warbeast mercenary company or two or a holy order that's only available to lords who are either tentacle religion or culture or both)

These won't exist at the start of the game, but I might think about event-driven formation of mercenary companies and holy orders once tentacles reach a certain level of visibility in the world at large.

v3.0-a9 "The Brood That Could Have Been" - 26 December 2019

Compatible with saved games from v3.0-a4 and up.

New Features

• Tentacle Cultist religions will no longer appear in Full Random alternate starts. Instead, a new option in the Random World menu lets you dynamically generate a Tentacle Brood at the start of the game, in a similar manner to generating alternate HRE and Byzantine Empires.

• Added the Offer All Prisoners to Tentacles decision, a convenient shortcut for using the Offer to Tentacles decision on all of your prisoners.

• Added a new event chain for Stalking tentacle monsters.

Tweaks and Bug Fixes

• The Player Control setting for the TF & Corruption game rule now allows players to decline a transformation for now, but keep the chance to receive it later.

• Tentacle Horde retinues no longer cost maintenance for tentacle monster rulers. All you need is the piety up front.

• Caught various typos with the help of ThrowAwayToThrowAway.

• Fixed an issue with the tentacle monster Stalk event chain sometimes stalling.

• Fixed sound cues not playing for certain decisions.

• Fixed tentacle monsters sometimes converting to other religions (hopefully)

• Tweaked the Openly Tentacle Slut trait icon.

• Clarified various tooltips.

Is anyone experiencing lag with the latest update? I'm trying to troubleshoot it with both vanilla and HIP using randomized world and the tentacle empire. I think it might be Submissionist religion as well as handling popups as I'm seeing hangups lasting a couple mins or so with popups.

I started a randomized game with HIP and historical everything and selected tentacle empire but selected Dagonic instead of Submissionist. Runs smoothly so far, but I suspect itd lag if I selected Submissionist since it spawns alot of tentacle monster rulers based on what I've seen from different setups.

20 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Is anyone experiencing lag with the latest update? I'm trying to troubleshoot it with both vanilla and HIP using randomized world and the tentacle empire. I think it might be Submissionist religion as well as handling popups as I'm seeing hangups lasting a couple mins or so with popups.

Tentacle monsters are known to be laggy. I'll see if I can figure out a fix for this.

Do you think it's possible to add a game rule for stalking that limits it to just the player, opt out of it or make it all just like tentacle slave corruption? You could also include Ravish and Instill Love for tentacle monsters for that rule too. Cause I think that might be part of the reason for the lag.

Possible bug: Whenever I become a tentacle ruler, I (usually) lose the ability to use diplomatic actions. Right at the top of the window it says '(X) (X) needs to be approved by your regent' which appears for all diplomatic actions, and it doesn't seem to go away, even if i switch regents. I don't see this on the list of known issues, is this a bug or something that hasn't been implemented yet?

In the same vein, when I select 'Appoint as regent' this will fail with certain individuals, with no indication as to why.

Also feature request: Last updated added a feature where you can turn your prisoners over to tentacles. Would it be possible to add a "mass ravish" so that you could target all couriers, especially ones that are not yet tentacle slaves?

1 hour ago, taranissnark said:

Possible bug: Whenever I become a tentacle ruler, I (usually) lose the ability to use diplomatic actions. Right at the top of the window it says '(X) (X) needs to be approved by your regent' which appears for all diplomatic actions, and it doesn't seem to go away, even if i switch regents. I don't see this on the list of known issues, is this a bug or something that hasn't been implemented yet?

This means your regent hates you. I don't play without the Conclave DLC, but I assume you can fix this by attacking your regent or appointing a new one.

In the same vein, when I select 'Appoint as regent' this will fail with certain individuals, with no indication as to why.

I've never experienced this bug, so it would be helpful if you catalogued all occasions when this does and does not occur. Screenshots would also be helpful.

Also feature request: Last updated added a feature where you can turn your prisoners over to tentacles. Would it be possible to add a "mass ravish" so that you could target all couriers, especially ones that are not yet tentacle slaves?

Coming soon (tm)

On 12/27/2019 at 8:58 AM, Cheri Song said:

This means your regent hates you. I don't play without the Conclave DLC, but I assume you can fix this by attacking your regent or appointing a new one.

Problem is my regent is a tentacle slave, so they should be incapable of hating a tentacle monster. In any case, there's a sale on DLC going on now, so I picked up the dlc and its working fine. This also fixed the appoint as regent problem I was having.

I also created a very very smol mod to add a flag that allows you to turn off the AI from inviting tentacle monsters to court. If you're looking to avoid competition (like me) this should help you.

Tentacled Dreams.zip

I like the the ability to vassalize tentacle slave rulers, really fun to play up the idea of subversion when you can potentially grab random territory all over the map.  Even without this mod sometimes because of things like one of your vassals or family members dies and you gain some random blobs of territory far from the area your playing in can be pretty damn funny.  I'd like to see more stuff like that, like plots you can launch or support to spread tentacle corruption.