[mod] Sexbound Defeat

For some reason I am just immune to damage from enemies that could 'Defeat' me. 

Edit: Restarting made me vulnerable again, but shortly after I entered a mission and while I could take damage for a short time - I became invulnerable soon after. I think it may be Throwing Heart breaking it.

9 hours ago, Oleai said:

For some reason I am just immune to damage from enemies that could 'Defeat' me. 

Edit: Restarting made me vulnerable again, but shortly after I entered a mission and while I could take damage for a short time - I became invulnerable soon after. I think it may be Throwing Heart breaking it.

Throwing Heart will cause that, yes, but also being defeated inside protected dungeons also causes that.

Sadly, the defeat code doesn't work the same for players and NPC's.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Dumren said:

When I kill someone with a weapon that deals damage in the time all enemies bug and stay alive so they can keep attacking me anyways. Any form to solve this?

Extremely vague on what the issue is, i mean, i get the problem, something in the script glitches out and they become invincible.

But what ACTUALLY did it... no clue, we can't find out and say anything about it without a Log.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to force the player to register as female no matter what? I have "defaultPlayerGender" : "female" in the sexbound.config file but for some reason even when defeated my character annoyingly takes the top position every so often. Once in a blue moon it registers correctly and she'll be bottom but the majority of the time it doesn't work out properly.

Is there another line or setting I can modify that double and triple solidifies the PC as a female character?

so i am attempting to add more dialogue to my version of defeat and I've ran into an issue with adding additional races to the dialogue when attempting to reuse the floran dialogue code where it wouldnt use the added lines, but at least i was successful in adding more dialogue.

"defeated" : {
      "default" : [
        "W-what are you going to do with me now?",
        "P-please don't hurt me any more! Let me go!",
        "W-What do you plan to do with me?"
      ],

"floran" : [
        "Floran doesn't like where thisss is going next..",
        "Floran not afraid of you...",
        "SSSSS! FLORAN NOT FOOD!",
        "Floran let you mate...but Floran still won..."
      ],

"avian" : [
        "You may have broken my will, but not my spirit!",
        "By Kluex! You monster...",
        "Fair is fair. Take your due reward, warrior."
      ]
    }

here is the snippet of code if it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah like anon ive been trying to add dialogue. ive been successful with aggressor as gnolls, sergals, and kobolds all have new crappy dialogue i made XD, but for some reason defeated doesnt seem to like to work at all. ive followed the correct formula, as the game doesnt break, they just dont like using that dialogue. any solutions or advice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amazing work from the people that made the mod but i have a tiny that is bothering me where the game registers my 'female' character as 'male' and so always puts her in the dominating state for the animations i can't find a way to fix it on my own so any help would apreciated!

Thank you for your attention.

"startDialog" : {
    "victory" : {
      "human" : [
        "Stay down and wait for me to give you a real punishment!",
        "I'm not finished with this little bitch yet!",
        "You're going to make such a fine cum dumpster for me."
      ],

"Floran is going to have fun playing with prey!",
        "Time to Sssexxxsss with the prey!"
      ],
      "hylotl" : [
        "I think I have a better use for your barberic holes!",
        "This should be just as elegant!"
      ],
      "avian" : [
        "You'll be a worthy cum sacrifice for Kluex!",
        "It's time for a second struggle!"
      ],
      "apex" : [
        "Big Ape should be watching this glorious act!",
        "Now then! Allow me to show you how I really go ape!",
        "You're my new test subject! How much can one person take?"
      ],
      "glitch" : [
        "Horny. Now that you mention it, I do need to dump my load!",
        "Horny. My breeding fluid canister was overflowing! Time to empty it!"
      ],
      "novakid" : [
        "Now then pardner! What do we have here? A cum dumpster for me?",
        "I should tie you up and bring you back!"
      ],
      ""
      ]
    },

"defeated" : {
      "human" : [
        "W-what are you going to do with me now?",
        "P-please don't hurt me any more! Let me go!",
        "W-What do you plan to do with me?"
      ],

"Floran doesn't like where thisss is going next.."
      ],
      ""
      ]
    }
  },

"pregnantDialog" : {
      "Sorry, but I refuse to die while I'm pregnant!"
    ]
  }

This itself seems to work for me. Not sure why for others it doesn't work.

7 hours ago, ACETHEHUSKY said:

im not sure on what i  should change to enable player defeat everything else is working just fine i just cant be defeated i just die 

Would you mind posting your logs? Defeat on the player's end can be disabled by other mods, a incompatibility if you will, and i know a few culprits, but if you have found a new one, i can't know without the starbound log file informing me all your mods and any errors during the game.

When defeated by a monster the PC still gets into the sex position but the enemy doesn't engage, if I click on the PC a clone is created and it starts fucking itself after which it recovers with full HP.

Is this an issue with this mod or a conflict with some other mod? Just started adding mods so my list is short: Sexbound API, Auto Dildos, AlluringToysCo, Lewdbound, KawaiiStuff+, Fuchsia the Floran and of course Defeat.

10 hours ago, srsbznz said:

When defeated by a monster the PC still gets into the sex position but the enemy doesn't engage, if I click on the PC a clone is created and it starts fucking itself after which it recovers with full HP.

Is this an issue with this mod or a conflict with some other mod? Just started adding mods so my list is short: Sexbound API, Auto Dildos, AlluringToysCo, Lewdbound, KawaiiStuff+, Fuchsia the Floran and of course Defeat.

It's not an issue, they just don't have any interaction yet. This is already being worked on, it's just how things work for now. Monsters can defeat you, since they are a aggressive entity attacking you, but they can't interact yet.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:32 AM, red3dred said:

It's not an issue, they just don't have any interaction yet. This is already being worked on, it's just how things work for now. Monsters can defeat you, since they are a aggressive entity attacking you, but they can't interact yet.

Okay I guessed as much, of course it's a big undertaking to make fitting animations for all the creatures.

Is it possible to add a suicide option to immediately start the respawn process and the ability to execute fallen enemies instead of being forced to wait out their timer or fuck them?

Sometimes I just want to loot and move on and waiting around for 1 minute after 'dying' because there are no humanoid NPC's to finish me off makes the mod in its current stage just a chore and not worth using.

11 hours ago, srsbznz said:

Okay I guessed as much, of course it's a big undertaking to make fitting animations for all the creatures.

Is it possible to add a suicide option to immediately start the respawn process and the ability to execute fallen enemies instead of being forced to wait out their timer or fuck them?

Sometimes I just want to loot and move on and waiting around for 1 minute after 'dying' because there are no humanoid NPC's to finish me off makes the mod in its current stage just a chore and not worth using.

Technically you can just do /suicide? That's a in-game vanilla command.

15 hours ago, srsbznz said:

For most enemies, hitting them a few times -- especially upwards or downwards -- will kill them.

10 hours ago, red3dred said:

Technically you can just do /suicide? That's a in-game vanilla command.

Oh fair enough, just started playing the game again after finding its initial launch to be very lackluster so not super familiar with all features.

6 hours ago, yiu113 said:

For most enemies, hitting them a few times -- especially upwards or downwards -- will kill them.

To me they just became invulnerable after turning into a sex node.

15 hours ago, anon the wise said:

I attempted to mimic what commanderali had done, though now they are not saying anything, so here it is.

sexbound-defeat.config 3.4 kB · 0 downloads

what ive done besides the dialogue is upped the defeat timer since enemies normally wouldnt cum under 30 seconds and turned off immoral pregnancy

I'll be honest, i've taken to testing Defeat thoroughly recently, and it's not something that's a easy fix, from what i can see. In sum, your file is fine. I see no missing special characters or anything of the like.

Basically, Scripts can't be "patched", unlike other forms of data in Starbound, usually JSON tables. However, you can setup scripts in such a way they load their previous existing code into itself, thus effectively loading it without replacing it. This however can be called at any point...

The problem stems from the fact that the Defeat code runs and sets itself up before the NPC seems to exist (It calls the previous existing code only after it's done), and for that reason i haven't managed to get it work at all with species detection; because the NPC doesn't technically exist when it runs and writes down the species as "Null". This however changes if another mod loads later and puts Defeat lower in the queue. Whatever mod CommanderAli had that did so, helped with that issue, another tid-bit of data that confirms this is that reloading the entire game during run-time (With /reload of pressing F8) causes the NPC's to suddenly detect their species just fine. Freshly spawned NPC's don't. I tried a fair bit to fix this but only seemed to break it further, so i'll have to spend some time reading onto this, before being able to completely say i'm not talking out of my ass, but that's all i've gathered from testing.

I'll keep looking for solutions given time, or Loc might get them first, but currently, i don't believe the mod technically has this part working, the dialogs specifically. It always runs "default" since it counts the species as null unless the NPC in question was already loaded before, from my experience. Or, well, CommanderAli was just testing the mod and pressing F8 or /reload to do so in-game without having to restart and they worked. At any rate, that's the solution i've seen work for now, and it's far from optimal, so, sorry folks.

5 hours ago, red3dred said:

I'll be honest, i've taken to testing Defeat thoroughly recently, and it's not something that's a easy fix, from what i can see. In sum, your file is fine. I see no missing special characters or anything of the like.

Basically, Scripts can't be "patched", unlike other forms of data in Starbound, usually JSON tables. However, you can setup scripts in such a way they load their previous existing code into itself, thus effectively loading it without replacing it. This however can be called at any point...

The problem stems from the fact that the Defeat code runs and sets itself up before the NPC seems to exist (It calls the previous existing code only after it's done), and for that reason i haven't managed to get it work at all with species detection; because the NPC doesn't technically exist when it runs and writes down the species as "Null". This however changes if another mod loads later and puts Defeat lower in the queue. Whatever mod CommanderAli had that did so, helped with that issue, another tid-bit of data that confirms this is that reloading the entire game during run-time (With /reload of pressing F8) causes the NPC's to suddenly detect their species just fine. Freshly spawned NPC's don't. I tried a fair bit to fix this but only seemed to break it further, so i'll have to spend some time reading onto this, before being able to completely say i'm not talking out of my ass, but that's all i've gathered from testing.

I'll keep looking for solutions given time, or Loc might get them first, but currently, i don't believe the mod technically has this part working, the dialogs specifically. It always runs "default" since it counts the species as null unless the NPC in question was already loaded before, from my experience. Or, well, CommanderAli was just testing the mod and pressing F8 or /reload to do so in-game without having to restart and they worked. At any rate, that's the solution i've seen work for now, and it's far from optimal, so, sorry folks.

thank you for helping in any case, i just hope it didnt take too much of your time helping me.

I seem to be having an issue where my character simply no longer takes damage. (My energy does not seem to regen either.)

I only have Defeat v2.0.0 and the API v3.1.0 active, and after testing with and without Defeat it seems that it is Defeat that is causing the problem, though I'm not sure how.

This may or may not be related, but the .pak version is substantially larger than the .src version, at 38.23 kb vs 9.18 kb, respectively. I would think that the .src version would be the larger one.

EDIT: added the .log, which I should have done first, Apologies.

EDIT 2: OK so the no damage problem was caused by me trying to add more lines to Defeat, so after removing all of them I take damage and energy regens, HOWEVER, this has created a new problem, being that upon being reduced to 0 health my a monster, I don't get turned into a sexnode, and can move and do everything I could before, only my health is 0 and I once again take no damage. The new log is now attached.

starbound(NEW).log