[AAF] RSE II: Random Shenanigans (01/10/20)

It's annoying that the shenanigan dialog shows up even if the actors are miles away from me. Sometimes when the dialog pops up my camera focuses in a certain direction (probably the actors) and locks for multiple seconds without me being able to move. It's as if my character is in conversation mode though he is not part of the conversation nor the shenanigan.

Is this a common problem?

On 12/31/2019 at 3:38 AM, PlayingOneHanded said:

It's annoying that the shenanigan dialog shows up even if the actors are miles away from me. Sometimes when the dialog pops up my camera focuses in a certain direction (probably the actors) and locks for multiple seconds without me being able to move. It's as if my character is in conversation mode though he is not part of the conversation nor the shenanigan.

Is this a common problem?

Try turning off 3somes ...

On 12/26/2019 at 6:43 AM, shawnz392 said:

Love the mod. The only problem I have is that I wish shenanigans would take place someplace private. I've got people humping and sucking all over the place in public, and I'm pretty sure that's against some kind of city ordnance. 

Try setting AAF's furniture preference to 100% and put all your beds/chairs/etc "someplace private". You could also set Shenanigans "Daytime Chances" to 0%. Public sex isn't as obvious at nighttime. BTW if there is a city ordnance against public sex it certainly isn't being enforced by anyone!

20 hours ago, dosfox said:

Try setting AAF's furniture preference to 100% and put all your beds/chairs/etc "someplace private". You could also set Shenanigans "Daytime Chances" to 0%. Public sex isn't as obvious at nighttime. BTW if there is a city ordnance against public sex it certainly isn't being enforced by anyone!

Silly question... how do I set AAF's furniture preference?

11 hours ago, shawnz392 said:

Silly question... how do I set AAF's furniture preference?

Navigate to the AAF_settings.ini file in ...\Fallout 4\Data\AAF\. Use Notepad or any text editor to edit it.

There are 2 lines you are interested in:

default_furniture_preference = 75    ; A percentage (0-100). This is the chance that AAF will select a furniture over the ground for an animation location. Note: can be over-ridden by mods calling animations.

Change to:
default_furniture_preference = 100

AND

furniture_search_area = 500         ; The area to search for furniture in the wizard AND through API calls.

Change to a range to suit your personal inhibitions. I would start with furniture_search_area = 1000.

NB: Like everything AAF this does not always work very perfectly. If NPCs cannot find suitable furniture within the furniture_search_area they may default to doing it on the ground right where they are anyway. Increasing the furniture_search_area will lessen this possibility but the AAF scanning process will take longer. Find your own sweet spot. 

Hi!
I tried RSE II again: Turned EVERY mod off except the needed ones, and still stuck with one actor and the marker stays.

Furthermore, named NPCs going mute (Arturo, Jun Long=Huge improvement :D ), or their voice changes permanently.
Reseting the quest only works for the next Random Shenanigan then stuck again. After the 3rd time whole quest disappeared.

Gave up after 4 hours...

Could you tell me how can I add further races to "RSE Elements Vol.5 - Random Shenanigans (v4.0)" like you did to this:

On 5/10/2019 at 3:39 AM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

To add a custom race (because now you can do that with this mod):

1. Create a patch mod that masters the custom race mod to RSE_II_RandomShenanigans.esp
  2. Add new race conditions to the RSEII_Mod_RS_Alias Reference Aliases called NPCOne and NPCTwo.
  3. That condition should be GetIsRace == {your custom race} == 1.00, as an OR condition. Just follow what I've done in there - you'll be fine.
  4. Just make sure your custom race check is ABOVE the last of my race check conditions as that one is the AND condition (meaning the end of the race list).
  5. Go to the RSEII_Mod_RS_Main quest and look at the script properties for RACES called AllowableRaces.
  6. Simply add your custom race to that list.
  7. Save your new patch mod.
  8. Play the game with your custom race now allowable within the Random Shenanigans going on around you.

Thanks again. (It's just doesn't work for me...)

P.S.: The threesome worked for me :D but got stuck after it...

16 hours ago, dosfox said:

Navigate to the AAF_settings.ini file in ...\Fallout 4\Data\AAF\. Use Notepad or any text editor to edit it.

There are 2 lines you are interested in:

default_furniture_preference = 75    ; A percentage (0-100). This is the chance that AAF will select a furniture over the ground for an animation location. Note: can be over-ridden by mods calling animations.

Change to:
default_furniture_preference = 100

AND

furniture_search_area = 500         ; The area to search for furniture in the wizard AND through API calls.

Change to a range to suit your personal inhibitions. I would start with furniture_search_area = 1000.

NB: Like everything AAF this does not always work very perfectly. If NPCs cannot find suitable furniture within the furniture_search_area they may default to doing it on the ground right where they are anyway. Increasing the furniture_search_area will lessen this possibility but the AAF scanning process will take longer. Find your own sweet spot. 

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Random Shenanigans has been updated to v2.0.

Adds Crime And Punishment compliance, to block prisoner settlers locked in jails cells and custom furniture items (like gallows or stockades) from being used in Shenanigans. This update does not force you to require Crime and Punishment however, it will simply action on it if it is found installed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/16/2019 at 8:37 AM, AinsAnonym said:

Sorry mate if I upset you, I know it must be hard to read every "whiny" asshole's comment like me on the forum. That wasn't my purpose...

When I wrote that the voice changed, I meant after the intercourse and permanently! I have a ghoul guy now who sounds like a Woman. I have never encountered this bug with your previous work.

I got the same problem. Tied to threesomes, as it seems. Which is about the only problem I have with the shenanigans. The threesomes. They mostly don't work as intended. Someone walks up to my character out of the blue. Sometimes the dialogue option of agreeing or declining works, sometimes it doesn't work, which results in the NPC following me all over the map. But even if the dialogue option works, the ensuing sex scene doesn't trigger most of the time. So I find myself resetting shenanigans all of the time or deactivating the threesome option.

Oh yes, and that's when males suddenly get the female voice in my game. But it reverts back to normal, once I reset shenanigans.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Eaglehart7 said:

Random Shenanigans is giving a quest in Miscellaneous leading to a settler near Sunshine Trading. But I don't understand what to do. Any help?

This might be the "libido in action" detector which shows where a random npc couple is having sex.  There's nothing to do, unless you want to go watch.

4 minutes ago, tinkerbelle said:

This might be the "libido in action" detector which shows where a random npc couple is having sex.  There's nothing to do, unless you want to go watch.

Thanks for the info. tried to talk to the woman, nothing really happened

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Despite my best hopes, this mod does not work as intentioned for me.  Every time a shenanigan starts, unless I hunt it down and watch it until completion, another shenanigan will never start again and the marker will stay on the original NPC until I reset the mod.  The final nail in the coffin for me was when during a firefight, my subtitles indicated to me that a Radstag Doe propositioned another Radstag Doe, who was very interested in what he had to say (and I do NOT have any mods like that).  I mean, I laughed my ass off, but the mod definitely needs some work, especially if it's going to compare to the random sex mods I enjoyed in Skyrim.

46 minutes ago, Darkening Demise said:

Is it a normal bug that once it occurs it won't occur again till you go into the MCM to reset the mod. Every. Single. Time. Sex. Occurs. ?

I dont use this mod anymore since the author does not support it. I might point you to SAC Just Fuck. You can set it to just use npcs or include yourself in the fray.

This mod made me laugh the other day. It triggered an event between Blake Abernanty and his wife, but because I didn't stay for it, I ended up with a naked Blake running around shooting everything.  Aside from that, the only events I get are a random raider walking up and demanding sex and slapping that damn explosive collar on me no matter what I say.