[AAF] RSE II: Random Shenanigans (01/10/20)

55 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Too risky. And RSE Shens does start sex between player and NPC. Completly out of the blue and at the worst possible time and location like during a fight with a deathclaw in the glowing sea. Or at least it tries to start them. I can see the AAF wizard collecting for the animation but the animation didn't start. Sometimes NPCs join in already started animations and change it to a hreesome. So No real difference to RSE 2 Shens.

MCM settings: Shenanigans only happens in settlements = ON ?

But there is NO WAY Shenanigans v.4 can start animations with PC. You must have some other mod that generates those scenes or maybe there is still a script running from "Arousal System"? It may also be RSEII doing something to change Shenanigans. What RSEII mods are you using?

Edit: Removing RSE2 mid-game would have risky and unpredictable consequences unless you then go back to the save before you installed RSE2. Better to start a new game.

33 minutes ago, dosfox said:

MCM settings: Shenanigans only happens in settlements = ON ?

But there is NO WAY Shenanigans v.4 can start animations with PC. You must have some other mod that generates those scenes or maybe there is still a script running from "Arousal System"? It may also be RSEII doing something to change Shenanigans. What RSEII mods are you using?

Edit: Removing RSE2 mid-game would have risky and unpredictable consequences unless you then go back to the save before you installed RSE2. Better to start a new game.

MCM settings: Shenanigans only happens in settlements = ON was Off. I had no RSE II mods except SAC Just Fuck but that mod was turned off. My mod list is short so I know it was no other mod that started the animations. Arousal system is completly off.

The "adding NPCs to running animations" is a feature of this mod. It happens with running NPC-NPC animations too. Sometimes I see the typical Shen dialogue between a free NPC and an NPC in the animation. It happens on new saves too. Same goes for the positioning problem.

20 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

The "adding NPCs to running animations" is a feature of this mod...

The "adding NPCs to running animations" feature is DEFINITELY NOT a feature of Shenanigans v.4. Multi-npc animations are a feature of AAF and the animation packs you are using. There were no multi-npc animations even available for AAF when the core of Shenanigans v.4 was written.

8 hours ago, dosfox said:

The "adding NPCs to running animations" feature is DEFINITELY NOT a feature of Shenanigans v.4. Multi-npc animations are a feature of AAF and the animation packs you are using. There were no multi-npc animations even available for AAF when the core of Shenanigans v.4 was written.

No other mod does that. And threesomes are a part of Shen. The newer version has a developed feature with mcm option for this. Maybe the mod just ignores already running animations and AAF adds the actor automatically? Although I never see that with other mods. When an actor is in an animation AAF usually doesn't start a new one.

2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

No other mod does that. And threesomes are a part of Shen. The newer version has a developed feature with mcm option for this. Maybe the mod just ignores already running animations and AAF adds the actor automatically? Although I never see that with other mods. When an actor is in an animation AAF usually doesn't start a new one.

It's not a bug then, it's a feature! ?

- There are no MCM settings for threesomes in Shenanigans v.4.

- I first noticed random NPC threesomes/moresomes happening about AAFbeta131 and assumed it was an accidental side-effect that AAF and the new animation packs had on Shenanigans v.4. It did not offend me or interfere with my gameplay so i never investigated the cause and just enjoyed it. 

- "Threesomes" was one of the worst game-breaking features introduced in RSEII Shenanigans, and one of the main reasons i use Shenanigans v.4 instead.

RSE Elements Vol.5 - Random Shenanigans (v4.0).zip ... it just works.

• 2 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 11:22 PM, jackson2668 said:

Uninstalling this mod corrupted all my save files and now I have to restart the entire game again. Thanks.

You cannot simply "uninstall" a heavily-scripted mod like Shenanigans mid-game without breaking your save file.

The only way to safely remove any version of Shenanigans is as follows:

1. Install the latest Java update.

2. Install the latest version (v6.0.310)  of Fallrim Tools' Resaver utility. Read the description page. (N.B. NEVER use the ReSaver function "Remove Unattached Instances".)

3. Consult Dagobaking's AAF Wiki. Under the section "User Guide - Covers installation and general mod usage",  subsection "CLEANING AND UPDATING AAF" (on page 7), there are detailed step-by-step instructions (with screenshots) how to use Resaver to uninstall AAF and generate a new savefile.

You can use the same procedure to uninstall Shenanigans by replacing "AAF.esp" in the filter box with "RSEE_Vol5_Shenanigans.esp" or "RSE_II_RandomShenanigans.esp" depending on the version you installed.

If you installed RSEII Shenanigans you should similarly uninstall RSE_II_Resources.esm as well.

This procedure will remove all the active scripts and other stuff generated by Shenanigans and create a "clean" save file.

Then uninstall Shenanigans II with your mod manager and load the "cleaned" save file.

Make a new save, exit,  and install RSEE Shenanigans v.4.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 9:26 PM, dosfox said:

You cannot simply "uninstall" a heavily-scripted mod like Shenanigans mid-game without breaking your save file.

The only way to safely remove Shenanigans is as follows:

1. Install the latest Java update.

2. Install the latest version (v6.0.310)  of Fallrim Tools' Resaver utility. Read the description page. (N.B. NEVER use the ReSaver function "Remove Unattached Instances".)

3. Consult Dagobaking's AAF Wiki. Under the section "User Guide - Covers installation and general mod usage",  subsection "CLEANING AND UPDATING AAF" (on page 7), there are detailed step-by-step instructions (with screenshots) how to use Resaver to uninstall AAF and generate a new savefile.

You can use the same procedure to uninstall Shenanigans by replacing "AAF.esp" in the filter box with "RSEE_Vol5_Shenanigans.esp" or "RSE_II_RandomShenanigans.esp" depending on the version you installed.
If you installed RSEII Shenanigans you should similarly uninstall RSE_II_Resources.esm as well.

This procedure will remove all the active scripts and other stuff generated by Shenanigans and create a "clean" save file.

Thank you for this. I apologize as I found out it wasnt corrupting my files, it was a Jun Long bug. I did the above and the saves turned out fine, aside from the bug. Thank you again and I apologize

What do you mean "Install the latest version (v6.0.310)  of Fallrim Tools' Resaver utility. Read the description page. (N.B. NEVER use the ReSaver function "Remove Unattached Instances".)"?  (what is N.B.) and if I wouldn't use resaver to remove unattached instances, what would I use it for?  Sorry if it is a dumb question.

On 1/10/2021 at 2:59 AM, reconphil said:

What do you mean "Install the latest version (v6.0.310)  of Fallrim Tools' Resaver utility. Read the description page. (N.B. NEVER use the ReSaver function "Remove Unattached Instances".)"?  (what is N.B.) and if I wouldn't use resaver to remove unattached instances, what would I use it for?  Sorry if it is a dumb question.

NB = noto beno (latin) = "note carefully". Sorry, showing my age there.

RESAVER was originally developed for Skyrim which uses the same engine as Fallout, but with some major differences in implementation. ReSaver's automatic cleaning tools (Remove Unattached Instances, Remove Undefined Elements, Purify Formlists, Remove Non-existant Form Instances) are designed specifically for Skyrim and will  break your Fallout savefile if you use them. Fallout itself normally creates some Unattached Instances which will usually disappear after some time, but will break your game if you delete them.

ReSaver is very useful for examining your savefiles when you are experiencing game problems. For the last couple of playthroughs i have been using Resaver to examine nearly every savefile and learnt a bit about the structure of savefiles and the weirdness of Fallout. If a savefile reveals errors (especially non-vanilla Unattached Instances) and the game is buggy, it is usually wise to go back to the last save before those errors appear.

And of course, ReSaver is the ONLY tool which enables you to safely uninstall scripted mods. Try uninstalling a scripted AAF mod with your mod manager, then examine the next savefile with ReSaver. You will see it full of unattached instances and other stuff which will affect the continuing game, if not breaking it completely (as jackson2668 found). Purging the mod from the savefile with ReSaver and then uninstalling the mod with your mod manager will leave you with a "clean" game to continue.

5 hours ago, dosfox said:

NB = noto beno (latin) = "note carefully". Sorry, showing my age there.

RESAVER was originally developed for Skyrim which uses the same engine as Fallout, but with some major differences in implementation. ReSaver's automatic cleaning tools (Remove Unattached Instances, Remove Undefined Elements, Purify Formlists, Remove Non-existant Form Instances) are designed specifically for Skyrim and will  break your Fallout savefile if you use them. Fallout itself normally creates some Unattached Instances which will usually disappear after some time.

ReSaver is very useful for examining your savefiles when you are experiencing game problems. For the last couple of playthroughs i have been using Resaver to examine nearly every savefile and learnt a bit about the structure of savefiles and the weirdness of Fallout. If a savefile reveals errors (especially non-vanilla Unattached Instances) and the game is buggy, it is usually wise to go back to the last save before those errors appear.

And of course, ReSaver is the ONLY tool which enables you to safely uninstall scripted mods. Try uninstalling a scripted AAF mod with your mod manager, then examine the next savefile with ReSaver. You will see it full of unattached instances and other stuff which will affect the continuing game, if not breaking it completely (as jackson2668 found). Purging the mod from the savefile with ReSaver and then uninstalling the mod with your mod manager will leave you with a "clean" game to continue.

Thank you for that thorough answer.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 5:38 PM, PlayingOneHanded said:

It's annoying that the shenanigan dialog shows up even if the actors are miles away from me. Sometimes when the dialog pops up my camera focuses in a certain direction (probably the actors) and locks for multiple seconds without me being able to move. It's as if my character is in conversation mode though he is not part of the conversation nor the shenanigan.

Is this a common problem?

Exactly, is annoying that it show the dialog of some couple of gunners miles away :) and maybe you have to restart a long conersation for this reason, is there a way to remove that dialog?

On 2/10/2021 at 6:13 AM, Skambalag said:

... is annoying that it show the dialog of some couple of gunners miles away :) and maybe you have to restart a long conersation for this reason, is there a way to remove that dialog?

For RSE Shenanigans v.4:

1. In MCM set "Shenanigans only happens in settlements" to Enabled. Shenanigans works best with just allied NPCs in settlements anyway.

2. For quest marker oddness you can Disable the "Shenanigans" quest in PipBoy. Shenanigans will still run but the quest marker will be disabled.

For RSE2 Shenanigans:

Sorry, can't help you there.  I remember there being all sorts of problems with the quest marker, 3somes and dialogs, but no fix. Try installing RSE Elements Vol.5 - Random Shenanigans (v4.0).zip on your next playthrough instead and see if it doesn't work better.

• 3 weeks later...

i ran into a bug XD XD XD i show that random shinnangs were happening i looked into a bush and show Stash but she was dead : ( but the animation ticker was on her. i ended up having to reset the mod to take it off is there a way for the animations to auto stop if the person is dead?

• 2 months later...

The mod author is around, or not?

I just put in RSE2 Resources and RSE2 Random Shenanigans.  I have 2 followers (KIRANA and XARNA), along with Cait and the player as Half Super Mutants (AAF sees them as SuperMutants, animations work fine).  I have a Just Business prostitute who keeps wanting to have sex with the Super Mutants in the settlement, that works, but that same person can only have random shenanigans with the Super Mutants, Cait, Kirana and Xarna (along with the player) don't get seen.  Guess it is just the way it is and nothing can be done about that?  Due to the age of the last update, miracles could happen, just hope everything is alright in the modder's world at the moment.

GuruSR.

On 5/8/2021 at 4:39 AM, dosfox said:

Unfortunately RSEII: Random Shenanigans seems to be BROKEN, ABANDONED and UNSUPPORTED.

Please try this instead ... RSE Elements Vol.5 - Random Shenanigans (v4.0).zip (an earlier version by the same author)  ...  it works.

How difficult is it in a current save game?  Remove the current, save, quit and go to that one?  Any weirdness I should know about?

GuruSR.

9 hours ago, GuruSR said:

How difficult is it in a current save game?  Remove the current, save, quit and go to that one?  Any weirdness I should know about? ...

Please see Posts #262 & #265 above. Using ReSaver is a great way to uninstall scripted AAF mods mid-game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, EvilCampinCow said:

@dosfox Do you recommend the one you've linked, the older more stable version of Shenanigans or AAF_Autonomy? Do you have a preference, and if so, why?

RSE Shenanigans is abandoned, broken and unsupported.

@Invictusblade has taken the reins of the Vinfamy's Autonomy project, revived it, and is developing and maintaining it.

AAF_Autonomy Enhanced Redux is better in every way than RSE Shenanigans. The choice is obvious. ?

Edited by dosfox
link
1 hour ago, dosfox said:

RSE Shenanigans is abandoned, broken and unsupported.

@Invictusblade has taken the reins of the Vinfamy's Autonomy project, revived it, and is developing and maintaining it.

AAF_Autonomy Enhanced Redux is better in every way than RSE Shenanigans. The choice is obvious. ?

I was referring to the older one you've linked 2 or 3 times, the V4.0 one here ... but, no problem, I'll keep using AER. I had the RSEII Shenanigans turned off anyway. Thanks. :D