AAF Family Planning Enhanced for CBBE, Fusion Girl, and Jane Bod

49 minutes ago, Darkwolf101 said:

is there a way to cancel the 'father' quest?

In one scenario it's a little odd that it pushes you to to find the father when it's a raider, honey i dont think they care XD

then it interrupts other dialogue as they're always asking 'why are you staring at me like that'.

obviously you can work around it but it's a little immersion breaking for certain characters. 

If all else fails, it'll be cancelled if you kill them (or they die otherwise). Also when you give birth, of course. I just deselect that quest in my Pip-Boy and go about my bidnez.

This question might be getting a little deep into the weeds, but how does the math work on FPE fertility/virility?  I understand that if neither party is fertile/virile, FPE would just use the baseline chance that's set in MCM.  But if, say, your female character isn't currently fertile, while a male NPC partner is virile, what's the new chance of getting pregnant?  Does FPE just take the highest chance participant and roll dice?  Or is there some combined calculated chance?

8 hours ago, Darkwolf101 said:

is there a way to cancel the 'father' quest?

In one scenario it's a little odd that it pushes you to to find the father when it's a raider, honey i dont think they care XD

then it interrupts other dialogue as they're always asking 'why are you staring at me like that'.

obviously you can work around it but it's a little immersion breaking for certain characters. 

Yeah I've been meaning to add an option to allow the player to abandon the quest.  In the meantime you can run the console command:  setstage FPFP_Daddy 150.  That makes the Find the Father quest end as if you had chosen to raise the child on your own.

4 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Yeah I've been meaning to add an option to allow the player to abandon the quest.  In the meantime you can run the console command:  setstage FPFP_Daddy 150.  That makes the Find the Father quest end as if you had chosen to raise the child on your own.

btw if you are making a new update (whenever in the future).

is it possible to add an option in the scripts to disable the "father has died" messages when using the injectables I made.

(such as change the script in the FPFP_BabyTypeAddon to include a bool(or something) to confirm or to cancel that message and quest)

6 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

This question might be getting a little deep into the weeds, but how does the math work on FPE fertility/virility?  I understand that if neither party is fertile/virile, FPE would just use the baseline chance that's set in MCM.  But if, say, your female character isn't currently fertile, while a male NPC partner is virile, what's the new chance of getting pregnant?  Does FPE just take the highest chance participant and roll dice?  Or is there some combined calculated chance?

Fertility and Virility work exactly the same way, and they stack.  For illustration purposes, let's assume all default values: 3% base chance, x10 Fertile Multiplier Effect, and 90% reduction from contraception:

• If neither party is fertile/virile, then they have the base 3% chance. 
  • If one party is fertile/virile the chance is multiplied by the FME, so it becomes 30%. 
  • If both parties are fertile/virile then it is by multiplied by the Fertile Multiplier Effect again, so it becomes 300%.

Of course, contraception is applied after this, and those multipliers stack the same way.  Let's assume both parties are fertile/virile, so their chance starts at 300%: 

• If the man is wearing a condom, they have a 30% chance. 
  • If he is wearing a condom and she is on the pill, they have a 3% chance.

So it's a pretty basic set of calculations, but just like in the real world, contraception can always fail.

14 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

btw if you are making a new update (whenever in the future).

is it possible to add an option in the scripts to disable the "father has died" messages when using the injectables I made.

(such as change the script in the FPFP_BabyTypeAddon to include a bool(or something) to confirm or to cancel that message and quest)

How about this: I can add a "FPFP_NoDaddy" keyword to FPE.  If the father has that keyword, then FPE won't try to start the find the father quest.  That is the quest which produces that message.  You can add the keyword to the temporary actor that you use in your injectables, and in any other situation where you don't want the father quest to start.

hello ego

I would like to make a small request if possible for your next update.
would it be pssible to make so that your mod can make appear less often the contraceptive pills and the condoms because I find that it is very easy to find some?

cordially

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

How about this: I can add a "FPFP_NoDaddy" keyword to FPE.  If the father has that keyword, then FPE won't try to start the find the father quest.  That is the quest which produces that message.  You can add the keyword to the temporary actor that you use in your injectables, and in any other situation where you don't want the father quest to start.

that would be brilliant, thanks.

6 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Fertility and Virility work exactly the same way, and they stack.  For illustration purposes, let's assume all default values: 3% base chance, x10 Fertile Multiplier Effect, and 90% reduction from contraception:

• If neither party is fertile/virile, then they have the base 3% chance. 
  • If one party is fertile/virile the chance is multiplied by the FME, so it becomes 30%. 
  • If both parties are fertile/virile then it is by multiplied by the Fertile Multiplier Effect again, so it becomes 300%.

Of course, contraception is applied after this, and those multipliers stack the same way.  Let's assume both parties are fertile/virile, so their chance starts at 300%: 

• If the man is wearing a condom, they have a 30% chance. 
  • If he is wearing a condom and she is on the pill, they have a 3% chance.

So it's a pretty basic set of calculations, but just like in the real world, contraception can always fail.

Thank you for the thorough explanation!

Hi @EgoBallistic
Is there anyway to have contraceptive pill syringer as a new feature in the future so I can cause NPCs who got pregnant to have an abortion or is there a console command to end pregnancy for one? I have the just business mod and i forgot to equip one of my prostitutes with a uterine device to prevent pregnancy and she got pregnant. I dont want to lower the pregnancy values as I would like my PC and npcs to still have babies.

On 9/3/2020 at 6:46 PM, EgoBallistic said:

also btw if you want any assets (or Object/Ideas) from any of my Mods.

Feel free to use them (also ask or tell me)

such as...

Condoms (Overlay)

Instant Birth Syringe

IUD

so that people won't be forced to use my mod (with pointless extra's)

I know I had the issue in the past where the companion Heather would state by the mod "No Information Data Available." I was able to fix it and for a while it showed normal data inquiries but now I am getting that no data available again. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I didn't do anything to modify her other than change her hair. I just wanted to address this.

Hi, love this mod. But I'm having a problem with the find the father quest, it set two NPCs as quest markers but neither will talk to me, they just repeat "why are you looking at me like that?" over and over. I did a search and found there was at least one other person with this problem, but I couldn't find any solution listed. This is my second pregnancy, it seemed to work OK last time but the dad was a rapist so I decided to just kill him, and I have since installed Wasteland Dairy Framework, could that be the issue? Also, do I have to manually disable the menstrual cycle from Advanced Needs 2 or is that done with the mod?

50 minutes ago, RealBarenziah said:

Hi, love this mod. But I'm having a problem with the find the father quest, it set two NPCs as quest markers but neither will talk to me, they just repeat "why are you looking at me like that?" over and over. I did a search and found there was at least one other person with this problem, but I couldn't find any solution listed.

The "why are you looking at me like that" greeting launches a dialogue scene.  When they say that to you, the scene starts and you get 4 response choices "You're the father of the child inside me...", "It's about the child inside me.  I need you to take a DNA test", etc, and it goes on from there.  The "Why are you looking at me" greeting has conditions (are you pregnant, are they a potential father, etc) but the scene has no conditions.  So there isn't anything in FPE that could mistakenly prevent the scene from starting.  If you are not getting those choices, then some other dialogue scene is blocking the FPE scene from starting up.

Typical culprits include settlers with their "I'm new around here, is there anything you'd like me to do" dialogue scene which will keep running if you walk away, and mods like Player Headtracking which starts a scene every time you come near an NPC.

50 minutes ago, RealBarenziah said:

Also, do I have to manually disable the menstrual cycle from Advanced Needs 2 or is that done with the mod?

FPE doesn't have any interaction with AN2 so you would need to use AN2's MCM to disable it.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

The "why are you looking at me like that" greeting launches a dialogue scene.  When they say that to you, the scene starts and you get 4 response choices "You're the father of the child inside me...", "It's about the child inside me.  I need you to take a DNA test", etc, and it goes on from there.  The "Why are you looking at me" greeting has conditions (are you pregnant, are they a potential father, etc) but the scene has no conditions.  So there isn't anything in FPE that could mistakenly prevent the scene from starting.  If you are not getting those choices, then some other dialogue scene is blocking the FPE scene from starting up.

Typical culprits include settlers with their "I'm new around here, is there anything you'd like me to do" dialogue scene which will keep running if you walk away, and mods like Player Headtracking which starts a scene every time you come near an NPC.

FPE doesn't have any interaction with AN2 so you would need to use AN2's MCM to disable it.

OK great thanks, one was a settler but the other was not, and I don't have that mod. But it turns out there were actually 4 prospective fathers (what a slut I am haha), one was in the memory pod in Goodneighbor hilariously, but the other actually talked to me and it turned out he was the father. I extorted some caps from him and the quest ended as designed.

I'm reporting a problem. The latest version does not save the settings. I uninstalled the mod, I reinstalled it - it doesn't work. I started a new game - it didn't help. I reinstalled the game - and it didn't help. I was forced to go back to the previous version - it works without a problem.

6 hours ago, vranina said:

I'm reporting a problem. The latest version does not save the settings. I uninstalled the mod, I reinstalled it - it doesn't work. I started a new game - it didn't help. I reinstalled the game - and it didn't help. I was forced to go back to the previous version - it works without a problem.

The way the mod saves and loads MCM settings did not change from 2.500 to 2.600, and I tested the MCM extensively since I added new options to the menu.  It works fine for me and noone else has reported a problem with it.

If your MCM settings are not being saved, something is preventing your game from creating a new settings file for FPE (Data\MCM\Settings\FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.ini).  Some MO2 users have reported this problem, and mods like Private Profile Redirector cause it as well.

Hi again, I'm trying to write a simple script that deactivates the AN2 menstrual cycle upon getting pregnant with AAF FPE. Thanks for the API and great commenting in your script sources, they'd be very helpful if I wasn't a complete moron when it comes to scripting and had any idea what the hell I was doing. I believe I have identified the functions in the AN2 scripts that I'd need to call to activate/deactivate the cycle and trigger a period, what's the best way to have the first part of the script trigger upon conception of the player, and the second part upon birth?

Spoiler

Scriptname FPE_AN_Integration_Script extends ActiveMagicEffect

Import AN_MensesScript

Actor Property PlayerREF Auto const Mandatory
ReferenceAlias Property ToSpawn Auto
Function RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime(float afInterval) native

Group Potions
	Potion Property AN_PeriodPotion Auto
	Potion Property AN_PMSPotion Auto
	Potion Property AN_CrampsPotion Auto
	Potion Property AN_TSSPotion Auto
	Potion Property AN_YeastPotion Auto
EndGroup

Group Perks
	Perk Property AN_MoodswingPerk Auto
	Perk Property AN_PeriodDmgPerk Auto
EndGroup

Bool Function LoadFPE()
	If Game.IsPluginInstalled("FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp")
		FPE = FPFP_Player_Script.GetAPI()
		Return True
	Else
		Return false
	EndIf
EndFunction

Function PeriodBlocker()
	(AN_MensesScript).Function EndPeriod()
		PlayerREF.UnequipItem(AN_PeriodPotion as Form, False, True)
		PlayerREF.UnequipItem(AN_PMSPotion as Form, False, True)
		PlayerREF.UnequipItem(AN_CrampsPotion as Form, False, True)
		PlayerREF.UnequipItem(AN_TSSPotion as Form, False, True)
		PlayerREF.UnequipItem(AN_YeastPotion as Form, False, True)
		PlayerREF.RemovePerk(AN_MoodswingPerk, False)
		PlayerREF.RemovePerk(AN_PeriodDmgPerk, False)

Function RecoveryPhase
	RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime(72.00)
		Player.PeriodUnblocker()

Function PeriodUnblocker()
		PlayerREF.EquipItem(AN_PeriodPotion as Form, False, True)
		PlayerREF.EquipItem(AN_PMSPotion as Form, False, True)
		PlayerREF.EquipItem(AN_CrampsPotion as Form, False, True)
		PlayerREF.EquipItem(AN_TSSPotion as Form, False, True)
		PlayerREF.EquipItem(AN_YeastPotion as Form, False, True)
		PlayerREF.AddPerk(AN_MoodswingPerk, False)
		PlayerREF.AddPerk(AN_PeriodDmgPerk, False)
	(AN_MensesScript).Function EnableCycle()
		RegisterForSingleUpdate(0.5)

Event OnEffectStart (Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	Player.PeriodBlocker()

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	Player.RecoveryPhase()

Event OnUpdate() 
(AN_MensesScript).Function GivePeriod()
		Debug.Notification("Your period has returned")

Here's what I have. At the moment all I'm trying to get it to do is disable menstruation on the player getting pregnant, then on the player giving birth set a game-time timer of 3 days (to simulate the post-pregnancy latency stage) and then re-enable the cycle and trigger a period. I (think?) I'm writing it as a script that would attach as an additional effect to the pregnancy spell, but I'm  not sure if that's the best way to do it - would that mean needing to replace your esp? Ideally the script would work standalone to both mods.

More generally, I realise you wouldn't know about how the AN2 script works, but you sure seem to know your way around Papyrus, any chance you can take a look and tell me if I'm on the right track in terms of the general script functions? Only if you have the time of course. Attached is the AN menses script for reference if you're curious (decompiled so it may not be fully accurate).

AN_MensesScript.psc

2 hours ago, RealBarenziah said:

Hi again, I'm trying to write a simple script that deactivates the AN2 menstrual cycle upon getting pregnant with AAF FPE

It's going to be difficult to do this cleanly because FPE doesn't make it easy to detect when an actor becomes pregnant.  I need to update the mod anyway, so if you can wait a day or so I will add a feature that will make your life a lot easier.  I am going to add an FPFP_GetPregnant event which will get sent out every time an actor gets pregnant.  There is already an FPFP_GiveBirth event that tells you when an actor gave birth.  So you can make functions like this to handle the events:

Event FPFP_BasePregData.FPFP_GetPregnant(FPFP_BasePregData akSender, Var[] akArgs)
    Debug.Trace("Actor " + akSender.Ourself + " is now pregnant!")
EndEvent

Event FPFP_BasePregData.FPFP_GiveBirth(FPFP_BasePregData akSender, Var[] akArgs)
    Bool akBirth = akArgs[0] as Bool
    If akBirth
        Debug.Trace("Actor " + akSender.Ourself + " gave birth!")
    Else
        Debug.Trace("Actor " + akSender.Ourself + " is no longer pregnant!")
    EndIf
EndEvent

The akSender parameter for both event handlers is the Pregnancy Data object associated with that actor.  This object has a "Ourself" property which holds the actor it is tracking.  So you can find out who the actor is by accessing that property, as above.  The FPFP_GiveBirth event sends one parameter, akArgs[0], which is a Boolean indicating whether there was a successful birth or not.  Of course, your mod doesn't really care about whether there was a live birth, but the info is there if you wanted to use it for some reason.

As far as enabling/disabling the menstrual cycle in AN2, you should be able to call the same functions that AN2 uses to handle its MCM setting.  So you can make the menses script a property of your quest and call functions on it, like so:

AdvancedNeeds:AN_MensesScript Property MensesScript Auto Const
GlobalVariable Property AN_MenstrualCycle Auto Const

; disable menstruation
AN_MenstrualCycle.SetValue(0)
MensesScript.ResetModState()

; enable menstruation
AN_MenstrualCycle.SetValue(1)
MensesScript.EnableCycle()
38 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

It's going to be difficult to do this cleanly because FPE doesn't make it easy to detect when an actor becomes pregnant.  I need to update the mod anyway, so if you can wait a day or so I will add a feature that will make your life a lot easier.  I am going to add an FPFP_GetPregnant event which will get sent out every time an actor gets pregnant.  There is already an FPFP_GiveBirth event that tells you when an actor gave birth.  So you can make functions like this to handle the events:

Event FPFP_BasePregData.FPFP_GetPregnant(FPFP_BasePregData akSender, Var[] akArgs)
    Debug.Trace("Actor " + akSender.Ourself + " is now pregnant!")
EndEvent

Event FPFP_BasePregData.FPFP_GiveBirth(FPFP_BasePregData akSender, Var[] akArgs)
    Bool akBirth = akArgs[0] as Bool
    If akBirth
        Debug.Trace("Actor " + akSender.Ourself + " gave birth!")
    Else
        Debug.Trace("Actor " + akSender.Ourself + " is no longer pregnant!")
    EndIf
EndEvent

The akSender parameter for both events is the Pregnancy Data object associated with that actor.  This object has a "Ourself" property which holds the actor it is tracking.  So you can find out who the actor is by accessing that property, as above.  The FPFP_GiveBirth event sends one parameter, akArgs[0], which is a Boolean indicating whether there was a successful birth or not.  Of course, your mod doesn't really care about whether there was a live birth, but the info is there if you wanted to use it for some reason.

As far as enabling/disabling the menstrual cycle in AN2, you should be able to call the same functions that AN2 uses to handle its MCM setting.  So you can make the menses script a property of your quest and call functions on it, like so:

AdvancedNeeds:AN_MensesScript Property MensesScript Auto Const
GlobalVariable Property AN_MenstrualCycle Auto Const

; disable menstruation
AN_MenstrualCycle.SetValue(0)
MensesScript.ResetModState()

; enable menstruation
AN_MenstrualCycle.SetValue(1)
MensesScript.EnableCycle()

Awesome, OK wait I shall. Thanks so much for your help.

4 hours ago, RealBarenziah said:

Awesome, OK wait I shall. Thanks so much for your help.

Also, if you decide to publish your compatibility scripts, I'd love to use them... and I suspect I'm not the only one. I rather enjoy both mods, but the independent timing between them leads to a real lack of immersion.

Additional suggestions: Once you get rid of pregnant periods, you might see if there's also a way to sync FPE fertile state for the player to, say, the middle of the AN2 menstrual cycle? Though the MCM indicates that NPC Fertile Chance Modifier is derived from Fertile Percent Chance so you'd presumably need some other way to block random player fertility without blocking random NPC fertility. If you were to work that out though, maybe the other useful addition would be to reduce player conception chances significantly for menstrual sex (or this might be easiest accomplished by silently applying a contraceptive pill effect?). Maybe these also need support in FPE first... ability to script independent adjustments to player conception chance, and to independently block or set player fertility? No idea really as I haven't looked at FPE's internals, so maybe those are already possible after all.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Also, if you decide to publish your compatibility scripts, I'd love to use them... and I suspect I'm not the only one. I rather enjoy both mods, but the independent timing between them leads to a real lack of immersion.

Additional suggestions: Once you get rid of pregnant periods, you might see if there's also a way to sync FPE fertile state for the player to, say, the middle of the AN2 menstrual cycle? Though the MCM indicates that NPC Fertile Chance Modifier is derived from Fertile Percent Chance so you'd presumably need some other way to block random player fertility without blocking random NPC fertility. If you were to work that out though, maybe the other useful addition would be to reduce player conception chances significantly for menstrual sex (or this might be easiest accomplished by silently applying a contraceptive pill effect?). Maybe these also need support in FPE first... ability to script independent adjustments to player conception chance, and to independently block or set player fertility? No idea really as I haven't looked at FPE's internals, so maybe those are already possible after all.

Great ideas, and I'll definitely see what I can do implementing them. I'd be happy to share my scripts if I can get them working. Edit: Also I'm thinking of adjusting the timing for the AN2 cycle or maybe even making it configurable. I like the realism of the 28 day cycle but it's a long time in game and it doesn't fit well with FPE's default three days = 1 month timeframe. But then 3 days would be too short a time for the menstrual cycle, so I'm not sure.

43 minutes ago, randomnumbersandletters said:

So just a quick question, do the "The Father" quest outcomes have any effects?  I've selected Marriage and Relationship options successfully, does that impact anything in game?

No, it seems those may have been placeholders for additional content which was never added, but regardless at this point all they do is provide speech challenges of varying degrees and add a little color to an otherwise trivial but repeatable sidequest.