16 hours ago, Kharos said:

Ah, I see, a :chicken:-?-problem ?. You have no collar so you cannot craft one. And because you cannot craft one, you have no collar.

First option, if you installed standard edition the both collars and remotes should randomly be available at general traders (e.g. trudy, carla, myrna).

Second option (cheating): Open the MCM debug menu and use the "Spawn and Equip Restraints" option to put a collar on yourself, either Mark II or Mark III. Then either unequip the collar, or if that does not work use the MCM debug menu function to free yourself.

Also I think the mod adds a collar and trigger (random make?) to the workbench in Sanctuary Hills, so that's at least one you can use to start off.

1 hour ago, Jaysjunk said:

Any possibility for Real Handcuffs to work with the Ikaros race mod?

That should not be too difficult. Do you have experience with FO4Edit?

If yes, install the Servitron race mod and then reinstall RealHandcuffs with the Servitron compatibility plugin. It should not be too hard to change the Servitron compatibility plugin to instead "target" the IKAROS race (add IKAROS as a dependency, change all places where it uses the Servitron race to instead use the IKAROS race, finally remove the Servitron dependency).

11 hours ago, Kharos said:

That should not be too difficult. Do you have experience with FO4Edit?

If yes, install the Servitron race mod and then reinstall RealHandcuffs with the Servitron compatibility plugin. It should not be too hard to change the Servitron compatibility plugin to instead "target" the IKAROS race (add IKAROS as a dependency, change all places where it uses the Servitron race to instead use the IKAROS race, finally remove the Servitron dependency).

Awesome! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. With a bit of trial and error I got it working!

Now just need to get the collars the same and all set. Seems the Servatron didn't have any collars setup.

2 hours ago, Jaysjunk said:

Awesome! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. With a bit of trial and error I got it working!

Now just need to get the collars the same and all set. Seems the Servatron didn't have any collars setup.

Yeah right, I did not think that it would make sense to allow shock collars on servitrons since they are robots.

If I remember correctly you need to find the armor addon (RH_ShockCollarAddon), do "copy as override into..." to override it in the compatibility plugin, then add the race at the "Additional Races" (similar to how the race is added for the handcuff armor addons).

9 hours ago, Kharos said:

Yeah right, I did not think that it would make sense to allow shock collars on servitrons since they are robots.

If I remember correctly you need to find the armor addon (RH_ShockCollarAddon), do "copy as override into..." to override it in the compatibility plugin, then add the race at the "Additional Races" (similar to how the race is added for the handcuff armor addons).

Yep. Tested it and had them working. Collar and all (only tested normal handcuffs and one collar, but figure it works across the board)

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Prolific said:

Is it safe to update from 0.4.8 to current version or should I wait until a new game? Thank you.

It should be safe to upgrade, the mod will detect the upgrade and run some script the first time you load the game after upgrading. Just be aware that this process can take some time if you have a lot of NPCs wearing devices.

18 hours ago, ETSubmariner said:

Any way for me (for my own personal game) to take leg irons from the Community Resource pack and give them have the lock feature of RH, maybe as simple as a keyword or something? Something that requires the key, but not the pose, etc etc?

There is no simple way, sorry. The mod is very much script-driven and you would need to subclass from RealHandcuffs:RestraintBase, override functions as necessary, and then add the script to the leg irons.

7 hours ago, Kharos said:

There is no simple way, sorry. The mod is very much script-driven and you would need to subclass from RealHandcuffs:RestraintBase, override functions as necessary, and then add the script to the leg irons.

On the other hand, you could use Outfit Studio to add the leg iron mesh to the handcuff mesh... no idea how that would turn out, but in theory whenever a character got put in cuffs they'd also have leg irons on?

wrye bash throws the error "the following warnings were found: Real Handcuffs.esp" and the game now crashes on startup. I have DD, AWKCR, and Just business installed. Compatibility plugins installed under the main one .esp file in the list of mods. F4SE 0.06.17. Game version 1.10.163. Please tell me what the reason is. I'm sorry I don't speak English. This is translator.

17 hours ago, antonfros9 said:

wrye bash throws the error "the following warnings were found: Real Handcuffs.esp" and the game now crashes on startup. I have DD, AWKCR, and Just business installed. Compatibility plugins installed under the main one .esp file in the list of mods. F4SE 0.06.17. Game version 1.10.163. Please tell me what the reason is. I'm sorry I don't speak English. This is translator.

I am sorry, too. I cannot help you as I have never used WyreBash.

If it's not too much of a hassle for an upcoming update, could you increase the electric shock to a maximum of 1 per 8 hours? Currently the maximum is 1 shock every 6 hours. The reason is because my character cannot sleep the hours necessary to rest (in Survival) without the electric collar waking her up and interrupting her rest. In survival she has to sleep in one sitting the minimum hours. I've tried to cope with coffees and nuka-colas, and I actually think I like that level of restriction ... but, you know, if possible it would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, JBpy said:

If it's not too much of a hassle for an upcoming update, could you increase the electric shock to a maximum of 1 per 8 hours? Currently the maximum is 1 shock every 6 hours. The reason is because my character cannot sleep the hours necessary to rest (in Survival) without the electric collar waking her up and interrupting her rest. In survival she has to sleep in one sitting the minimum hours. I've tried to cope with coffees and nuka-colas, and I actually think I like that level of restriction ... but, you know, if possible it would be appreciated.

First of all that was totally my intention, to make sleeping very hard when wearing a collar in punishment mode ?.

I added a note to my TODO list, though I have no idea when I will do the next release as I am at the moment taking a break from modding. Can be a few weeks. I promise it is not something permanent,  I have taken breaks before. At some point I will feel the need to return and start tinkering again ?.

5 hours ago, JBpy said:

What if it were to randomly shock you every 5-10 hours? Then you have a 50/50 chance of being able to sleep through the night... at least as long as you try to go to sleep immediately after getting zapped.

Hello, first of all this is a masterpiece if a mod and a solid foundation for any LL-based gameplay. I didn't read the whole thread, so please excuse me if these ideas were already voiced:

* How about multiple cuffs at the same time?

* How about cuffed elbows?

* How about putting cuffs on breasts? My guess is there are some hard problems with regards to morphings and physics, but as I have very little knowledge of this part of engine, maybe I overestimate the complexity?

5 hours ago, recursive said:

Hello, first of all this is a masterpiece if a mod and a solid foundation for any LL-based gameplay. I didn't read the whole thread, so please excuse me if these ideas were already voiced:

* How about putting cuffs on breasts? My guess is there are some hard problems with regards to morphings and physics, but as I have very little knowledge of this part of engine, maybe I overestimate the complexity?

I think you grossly underestimate the complexity not overestimate ;)

Items worn by a NPC/Player need to have a model. The models aren't dynamic so for your first request you would need to have let's say 3 pair of cuffs. One for pos X on the wrist, one for pos X +Y centimeter offset and a third one with X + 2x Y centimeter offset.

Then a script would need to know if A is equipped then do B and if A and B are there do C. I think this idea could be feasible. Yet it's effect is questionable.

Idea 2 would require moving the cuffs on the body (which can be done) but the main issue would be it requiring custom poses/animation as the arms are placed differently. Creating those is an art on it's own. So don't expect that to happen any time soon.

The third request is even harder as it would combine body slots with physics and require custom body parts as the boobs can't be dynamically compressed.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:38 PM, recursive said:

In addition to what @naaitsab said, multiple cuffs are also very difficult because the item slot will conflict. The game does not allow you to equip multiple items that are using the same slot, and as far as I know there is no way to dynamically change the slot of an item, either.

Cuffed elbows would be possible, it's a question of having a suitable animation for the arms (an animation where the distance between the elbows is exactly correct) and placing the cuffs at the exactly right place. Technically not very different from how cuffed wrists are done. I am just a lousy animator (not very good, not very experienced and therefore very very slow), so I tend to put off things that would require me to make animations. Also if you want to be able to combine cuffed elbows and wrists, this will quickly multiply the amount of necessary animations (e.g. one for cuffed elbows without anything else, one for cuffed elbows with cuffed wrists (regular handcuffs), one for cuffed elbows with cuffed wrists (hinged handcuffs), even more if elbow cuffs can be both regular and hinged, too).

No idea about how to technically do cuffs on breasts, it might be technically possible (see breast yoke in some Skyrim mods) but also I am not really interested.

14 minutes ago, Kharos said:

multiple cuffs are also very difficult because the item slot will conflict

Maybe a way around it would be having multiple objects as a single object, like "Three pairs of handcuffs", but I can see the amount of neccesery work and I agree the benefit would not match the cost.

Thanks @naaitsab, @Kharos for an indetail explanation.

@Kharos

From skyrim on, I don't quite understand why people have to call animation when they need to make special actions. In my opinion, the biggest reason for it is that BS, which supports skyrim and Fo4, always customize the body appearance of the characters from the T posture according to the slider. In other words, a thin person needs to be tied and a fat person needs to be tied at the same time. It can only be achieved by the fat person making the same posture as a thin person. Otherwise, it is impossible to take into account the differences between the thin and the fat person at the same time by binding the device.

Now it's different. BS has been upgraded. If it is not in t pose, it can also deform the slider like in t pose

Just now, the situation has become that you can directly make the body mesh of the character tied in BS, which can use the slider to make the thin person tied or the fat person tied.

This also solves the problem of wrapping around the body, which affects the overall deformation of the arm and body at the same time. Skyrim has never had Shibari, which is very common in Japanese style. It directly surrounds the upper body from both ends of the upper arm. It can only be divided into three parts, left and right sides and the middle.

This progress of BS also solves the need to change the shape of some parts of the body after some equipment, such as the breast is bound by a rope. In the old way that the conventional characters make binding animation and then add the arms and body equipment, the appearance of the breast can not be changed dynamically. No physics can be so precise and rigorous. It can only be a one-time art work.

That's what I'm doing now.

1482001153_36020210223152136326.jpg.2a7d2e663f2c0e9061f3e2c4438e48bf.jpg

Instead of animation to achieve the shackles of the characters, they are directly made into fixed mesh. In the game, there is no chance for the characters to get rid of animation for various strange reasons, because their bodies are directly replaced by this.

If kharos is interested, I would be happy to provide them as the basic resources to expand the real handcuffs, which is the only stable binding mod of Fo4 at present.

If kharos is not interested or feels that the workload is huge, I am now trying to turn them into ordinary clothing mod, but I can't solve the most basic effect of "can't fight after wearing". TD's NoFight script will bring a lot of people back to their original places, and grandma Murphy will leave her chair and go back to Concord.

3 hours ago, kziitd said:

@Kharos

From skyrim on, I don't quite understand why people have to call animation when they need to make special actions. In my opinion, the biggest reason for it is that BS, which supports skyrim and Fo4, always customize the body appearance of the characters from the T posture according to the slider. In other words, a thin person needs to be tied and a fat person needs to be tied at the same time. It can only be achieved by the fat person making the same posture as a thin person. Otherwise, it is impossible to take into account the differences between the thin and the fat person at the same time by binding the device.

Now it's different. BS has been upgraded. If it is not in t pose, it can also deform the slider like in t pose

Just now, the situation has become that you can directly make the body mesh of the character tied in BS, which can use the slider to make the thin person tied or the fat person tied.

This also solves the problem of wrapping around the body, which affects the overall deformation of the arm and body at the same time. Skyrim has never had Shibari, which is very common in Japanese style. It directly surrounds the upper body from both ends of the upper arm. It can only be divided into three parts, left and right sides and the middle.

This progress of BS also solves the need to change the shape of some parts of the body after some equipment, such as the breast is bound by a rope. In the old way that the conventional characters make binding animation and then add the arms and body equipment, the appearance of the breast can not be changed dynamically. No physics can be so precise and rigorous. It can only be a one-time art work.

That's what I'm doing now.

1482001153_36020210223152136326.jpg.2a7d2e663f2c0e9061f3e2c4438e48bf.jpg

Instead of animation to achieve the shackles of the characters, they are directly made into fixed mesh. In the game, there is no chance for the characters to get rid of animation for various strange reasons, because their bodies are directly replaced by this.

If kharos is interested, I would be happy to provide them as the basic resources to expand the real handcuffs, which is the only stable binding mod of Fo4 at present.

If kharos is not interested or feels that the workload is huge, I am now trying to turn them into ordinary clothing mod, but I can't solve the most basic effect of "can't fight after wearing". TD's NoFight script will bring a lot of people back to their original places, and grandma Murphy will leave her chair and go back to Concord.

Do I understand correctly that technically the mesh of the armor addon contains the naked torso, the arms (and possibly the hands) and the ropes? Afaik there are some Skyrim DD items that work like that, too. Or am I misunderstanding what you are doing?

• How does this interact with clothing and armor - I am assuming that it means that clothing/armor cannot be worn at the same time? That does make sense for shibari but not for simple handcuffs or simple tied wrists. So in my book both approaches are "good", just for different situations.
  • How does this interact with custom body textures? Can the nif be set up to just use whatever body texture is installed (probably by referring it in a material)?
  • How does this interact with different body types (cbbe, etc)?

[Update]
Looked at your link, my first impression is that I like your modelling work. ?

9 hours ago, Kharos said:

Do I understand correctly that technically the mesh of the armor addon contains the naked torso, the arms (and possibly the hands) and the ropes? Afaik there are some Skyrim DD items that work like that, too. Or am I misunderstanding what you are doing?

• How does this interact with clothing and armor - I am assuming that it means that clothing/armor cannot be worn at the same time? That does make sense for shibari but not for simple handcuffs or simple tied wrists. So in my book both approaches are "good", just for different situations.
  • How does this interact with custom body textures? Can the nif be set up to just use whatever body texture is installed (probably by referring it in a material)?
  • How does this interact with different body types (cbbe, etc)?

[Update]
Looked at your link, my first impression is that I like your modelling work. ?

According to your understanding, it's no problem. It's a special body including body and hands.

1. Yes, any device containing body and hands slots cannot be worn at the same time. At the same time, based on the example in the figure, the outer armor slots of L and R must be included, just as pipboy can no longer be displayed. The difference between handcuffs and these things is not only the broad adaptation of clothing, but also the different purposes. I mean, in a story, one person wants to put handcuffs on another person, and the other person just wants to take off all the people and do something else. The former is generally used for framing purposes, while the latter is only an extension of additional aesthetics.

2. The texture of the body is the same as the material path of the normal body. Except for special needs, like the example in the picture, I don't think it's bad to replace a purple red breast texture.

3. At present, any non FG body has to be made from scratch. In OS, the difference between it and the previous FG to CBBE clothing conversion is one more step: pose first.

2 hours ago, kziitd said:

3. At present, any non FG body has to be made from scratch. In OS, the difference between it and the previous FG to CBBE clothing conversion is one more step: pose first.

Does this mean that users need to have Fusion Girl installed for this to work? I am asking because afaik a lot of people are using CBBE, iirc it is also used by some custom followers (e.g. Heather).