22 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Good to know. But my game is unable to find the new version esp. The installation with vortex was successfull and it is active in the plugin-list but not for the game.

I can't help you with that as I have never used Vortex, sorry. But if you find out that the installer is somehow not working correctly with Vortex and needs to do something differently, then do get back at me please.

28 minutes ago, Kharos said:

I can't help you with that as I have never used Vortex, sorry. But if you find out that the installer is somehow not working correctly with Vortex and needs to do something differently, then do get back at me please.

The files are installed and in the game folder.  So i see no reason why the game can't find them. I always use the standart installation without the LLFP plugin (my AAF is up to date) and no other plugins for DD or so.

grafik.png.332705fe234045db917c15123a477b74.png

6 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

The files are installed and in the game folder.  So i see no reason why the game can't find them. I always use the standasrt installation without the LLFP plugin (my AAF is up to date) and no other pluins for DD or so.

As I said I have never used Vortex. But if it works like other mod managers, there is somewhere a list where you can activate/deactivate (or enable/disable) individual .esp files. So even if the file is there, maybe Fallout 4 does not load it because it is disabled.

27 minutes ago, Kharos said:

As I said I have never used Vortex. But if it works like other mod managers, there is somewhere a list where you can activate/deactivate (or enable/disable) individual .esp files. So even if the file is there, maybe Fallout 4 does not load it because it is disabled.

It has a list and realhandcuffs.esp is enabled. Maybe a problem with the ingame mod manager? I can't even open it without disabling half my mods.

It was the ingame mod manager. For some reason it didn't activate the esp. That shouldn't happen.

3 hours ago, Kharos said:

Version 0.4.9 Beta 2
====================
workaround for Pip-Pad issues
- Add RobCo Connect holotape: The holotape will connect to the last collar that was selected for connection
- Add manual connection mode, if it is active the placer needs to connect to collars manually using RobCo connect

These changes are in addition to the changes for 0.4.9 Beta 1.

When starting a new game, the RobCo Connect holotape can be found in the sanctuary hills workbench together with the initial handcuffs and shock collar. When upgrading to a running game, you will need to craft it at the chemistry workbench (or the armor crafting workbench if using AWKCR). This is only necessary if you either use Pip-Pad or change the new Pip-Boy Terminal Mode option in the MCM to Use Holodisk.

Just an idea that came to mind when reading this. How about adding a "antenna" mod (ingame mod that is) that allows you to register and then connect to these collars remotely? So you can activate companion collars or do stuff like remote detonate if that's not already possible if you boobytrap a corpse that is.

2 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Just an idea that came to mind when reading this. How about adding a "antenna" mod (ingame mod that is) that allows you to register and then connect to these collars remotely? So you can activate companion collars or do stuff like remote detonate if that's not already possible if you boobytrap a corpse that is.

You should be able to booby-trap corpses by putting an explosive collar on them and then using the remote trigger to activate the collar. You can mod the remote trigger for greater range at a weapon workbench to make it more practical. It is still not a great booby trap at the moment because the force of the explosion is rather low (about similar to a baseball grenade). I would need to come up with something better.

Going on a tangent here, one of my ideas is a nuclear version of the explosive collar. The problem is the mesh. Maybe somebody could come up with a convincing looking nuclear collar by combining the shock collar with the fusion core? It would be fine if it looked "improvised" as long as it looks like the fusion core is attached firmly enough that the victim cannot remove it without some serious tools...

39 minutes ago, Kharos said:

You should be able to booby-trap corpses by putting an explosive collar on them and then using the remote trigger to activate the collar. You can mod the remote trigger for greater range at a weapon workbench to make it more practical. It is still not a great booby trap at the moment because the force of the explosion is rather low (about similar to a baseball grenade). I would need to come up with something better.

Then perhaps the "remote settings" thing could still exist. As the way you describe it as a remote detonator it's not that useful indeed. But things like changing the collar code (purely for "realism" sake) or settings the torture mode on a companion without opening the inventory would be neat.

40 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Going on a tangent here, one of my ideas is a nuclear version of the explosive collar. The problem is the mesh. Maybe somebody could come up with a convincing looking nuclear collar by combining the shock collar with the fusion core? It would be fine if it looked "improvised" as long as it looks like the fusion core is attached firmly enough that the victim cannot remove it without some serious tools...

I did separate the box from the collar in Outfitstudio to split the parts so to create a 3-part device partslist to create the collar ingame for my mod. But I'm not skilled with 3D things. Also the scale is a bit of an issue, the core is about as large as the PC's entire head. And even rotating it so it fits between the shoulder and ears would be a challenge. 

A plasma cartridge could be attached to the collar I think. There is small box on the opposite of the collar that has no icon on it. Perhaps it could replace that? That should be doable in Outfitstudio. The fusion cell is a bit more easy in size bit I couldn't find a decent ingame thing that holds one that can me added to the collar NIF.

37 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

I did separate the box from the collar in Outfitstudio to split the parts so to create a 3-part device partslist to create the collar ingame for my mod. But I'm not skilled with 3D things. Also the scale is a bit of an issue, the core is about as large as the PC's entire head. And even rotating it so it fits between the shoulder and ears would be a challenge. 

Yeah, that was my feeeling too - it looks small when put into the power armor, but mainly because the power armor is very large. ?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your ideas! ?

15 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Yeah, that was my feeeling too - it looks small when put into the power armor, but mainly because the power armor is very large. ?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your ideas! ?

Sure thing, I did add the plasma cartridge as a why not thing. It's quite big already but does blend in a bit. Perhaps removing the coil thing and moving it a bit more on the collar would make it look a bit more 'real'?

Capture.JPG.2240d1fd90c21fbbf38676f5a81ed669.JPG

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

Sure thing, I did add the plasma cartridge as a why not thing. It's quite big already but does blend in a bit. Perhaps removing the coil thing and moving it a bit more on the collar would make it look a bit more 'real'?

Looks like the plasma cartridge is about the max size of things to attach ?. Anything bigger will probably look too unreal. It would require some tweaking to make it look like it was really attached to the collar.  Hmm, a plasma grenade is about the same size, maybe that would be a better candidate?

Technical question: When I created the hinged handcuffs I used Outfit Studio to export the mesh of the original handcuffs to .fbx, modiefied it in Blender, then importet it into Outfit Studio again to set the material and finally created a .nif. Of course there was only a single material. Do you know if I can use the same workflow to create an object that has different materials in different parts? This would probably be necessary when building such a mash-up. While I know how to create my own material, the required work to set up uv coordinates on the combined mesh and create combined textures is outside my skills.

10 hours ago, Kharos said:

Looks like the plasma cartridge is about the max size of things to attach ?. Anything bigger will probably look too unreal. It would require some tweaking to make it look like it was really attached to the collar.  Hmm, a plasma grenade is about the same size, maybe that would be a better candidate?

Something like a rusty piece of metal between the collar and the 'legs' of the grenade could work.

10 hours ago, Kharos said:

Technical question: When I created the hinged handcuffs I used Outfit Studio to export the mesh of the original handcuffs to .fbx, modiefied it in Blender, then importet it into Outfit Studio again to set the material and finally created a .nif. Of course there was only a single material. Do you know if I can use the same workflow to create an object that has different materials in different parts? This would probably be necessary when building such a mash-up. While I know how to create my own material, the required work to set up uv coordinates on the combined mesh and create combined textures is outside my skills.

I've honestly got no clue. I can find my way round 2D in a breeze (Photoshop/Premiere etc) but 3D is mostly mumbo jumbo for me. I tried a few tutorials but good "no experience at all" tutorials are unavailable. I'm getting the hang of Fusion360 for my 3D printer but that's something different completely to software 3D modeling. Especially the part of model software -> game

You can combine parts in OutfitStudio, so you could try to mod the NIF and import it there. The movement and rotation controls in OS are horrible but it's quite easy to use.

Different material files in 1 NIF is no problem but it's 1 material file per "part" of course.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:35 PM, Nohrin said:

Assuming your character is not intended to be able to draw weapons when handcuffed (and this is a bug on my end), then a suggestion would be to allow your character to use melee in combat via kicking. There is a mod called "Kicks of Fury" on the nexus that adds in kicking animations to melee combat. It would be cool if your only method of combat while handcuffed was melee combat with kicks. It would give additional incentive to level up strength and add perks to unhanded melee. Of course this suggestion is only relevant if you are not supposed to be able to draw/use weapons while handcuffed (which I currently can).

Just wanna bring this idea back. I came here looking for ideas about how to make a vault-endgame run with restraints, and kicking sounds great.
You could beat Skyrim while bound with shouts.
Maybe someone could do a robobrain mesmetron-type attack or passive aoe damage so you have to run around the enemies until they drop or something. idk

Anyway, great mod! It works really well. Hoping this kind of thing makes it to Cyberpunk 2077 when mod support is out ?

Hi great mod btw but im having an issue where some followers from some mods stop following me the moment they are put into cuffs and upon a closer look i found that they are having the RH_boundhands wait package applied to them is there anyway to fix this or somehow change the package that is applied to them thanks a lot !

2 hours ago, jimmysxxl said:

Hi great mod btw but im having an issue where some followers from some mods stop following me the moment they are put into cuffs and upon a closer look i found that they are having the RH_boundhands wait package applied to them is there anyway to fix this or somehow change the package that is applied to them thanks a lot !

I am using the player teammate flag to detect if a NPC is currently a player follower or not. Depending on that they will then get different packages.

You can use the getplayerteammate console command to check if they are flagged as player teammates by the game (please do so before putting handcuffs on them, as Real Handcuffs can temporarily switch that flag off, too). If the flag is off (i.e. the value is 0), you can as a workaround force them to temporarily follow you when they are handcuffed by using the setplayerteammate 1 console commandthough there is some risk that it will negatively affect the mod that created the followers. Be sure to set it back to zero using setplayerteamate 0 when freeing them.

What mod are they from? I might want to take a look to see if I there is an easy way to detect that they are "followers".

3 hours ago, MARODER007 said:

What about the narcotic version of the collar?

I assume you are referring to your post from a year ago?

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/118151-real-handcuffs/page/14/?tab=comments#comment-2773361

I am open to listening to good ideas, though I will never make promises to implement these ideas. What exactly is your idea with narcotic versions? What exactly should happen when the collar is triggered?

54 minutes ago, Kharos said:

I am using the player teammate flag to detect if a NPC is currently a player follower or not. Depending on that they will then get different packages.

You can use the getplayerteammate console command to check if they are flagged as player teammates by the game (please do so before putting handcuffs on them, as Real Handcuffs can temporarily switch that flag off, too). If the flag is off (i.e. the value is 0), you can as a workaround force them to temporarily follow you when they are handcuffed by using the setplayerteammate 1 console commandthough there is some risk that it will negatively affect the mod that created the followers. Be sure to set it back to zero using setplayerteamate 0 when freeing them.

What mod are they from? I might want to take a look to see if I there is an easy way to detect that they are "followers".

Thanks a lot for the workaround ! The mods are  Noble Team Companions Redux and Master Chief and Cortana.https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44216 https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46878

16 hours ago, Kharos said:

Я открыт для выслушивания хороших идей, но никогда не обещаю их реализовать. Что конкретно вы думаете о наркотических версиях? Что именно должно произойти при срабатывании ошейника?

In addition to standard (soft drugs), reducing characteristics with loss of consciousness (hard) can be added. And an option, a large spread when shooting. The most dangerous option is poison. And about light drugs, you can take Grape Mentats as a basis. The activation conditions for light drugs are T0rture M0de. When hacked, activates Heavy Drugs. This is just my vision. Maybe you can think of something more interesting. ?

1 hour ago, MARODER007 said:

reducing characteristics with loss of consciousness

The problem with loss of consciousness is that it looks bad when the victim is wearing handcuffs. The pose breaks, so it looks like the hands slipped out of the cuffs.

22 minutes ago, Kharos said:

The problem with loss of consciousness is that it looks bad when the victim is wearing handcuffs. The pose breaks, so it looks like the hands slipped out of the cuffs.

Wonder if one of the animators would be willing to make a falling down and a passed out while cuffed animations?

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

Проблема с потерей сознания в том, что она плохо выглядит, когда на жертве надеты наручники. Поза ломается, так что кажется, будто руки выскользнули из наручников.

Instead of losing consciousness, you can make suffocation with loss of endurance and health. You can just use the poison. Or even radiation exposure. I don't have anything specific, it's better to do what is easier. Or not at all from what I suggested.

Hi I'm having an issue where if I assign someone to a handcuffs mat, they will begin to kneel down (and sometimes even complete the kneeling animation) before being interrupted and getting back up again, even if they're wearing only handcuffs.  Would you happen to know what might be causing this?  I suspect it's not your mod but some kind of conflict with something else but have literally no idea what might be causing it - maybe someone else has brought the same problem to your attention and that might shed some light into what's happening?

Edit: Having done a little bit more testing, maybe this is a problem with the Just Business compatibility file? When I try to put piper or generic settlers into the mat they seem to enter into it fine, it's only just business slaves that go through that cycle of trying to kneel and then exiting the animation.

9 hours ago, strykernoscope said:

Hi I'm having an issue where if I assign someone to a handcuffs mat, they will begin to kneel down (and sometimes even complete the kneeling animation) before being interrupted and getting back up again, even if they're wearing only handcuffs.  Would you happen to know what might be causing this?  I suspect it's not your mod but some kind of conflict with something else but have literally no idea what might be causing it - maybe someone else has brought the same problem to your attention and that might shed some light into what's happening?

Edit: Having done a little bit more testing, maybe this is a problem with the Just Business compatibility file? When I try to put piper or generic settlers into the mat they seem to enter into it fine, it's only just business slaves that go through that cycle of trying to kneel and then exiting the animation.

This is new for me, and it is working for JB slaves for me too (though there is some twitching at the end of the "kneel down" animation).

When you target one of the slaves that fail to kneel with the crosshair (after they got down and back up again) and then go to the Debug settings MCM page, what does it say about the current package of the NPC?

Version 0.4.9 Beta 3
====================
allow choosing slot when installing devious devices compatibility plugin
- Allow selecting the slots to use when installing the devious devices compatibility plugin: 37/38 (like DD wrist cuffs) or 54 (standard slot)

This could be interesting for you @ThatUserName, in case you want to start a new game without Armorsmith Extended.