nevermind, laughing my arse off... The mod Cheat-Terminal has a setting called "infinite items" which makes it so you keep replacing used up the items in your inventory for anything like Crafting or such..

this makes the mod try to add Handcuffs you no longer have, because they've become the other kind of handcuff, which increases the amount constantly

1 hour ago, ShadowmoonValken said:

nevermind, laughing my arse off... The mod Cheat-Terminal has a setting called "infinite items" which makes it so you keep replacing used up the items in your inventory for anything like Crafting or such..

this makes the mod try to add Handcuffs you no longer have, because they've become the other kind of handcuff, which increases the amount constantly

? yeah that is clearly an incompatibility, maybe you can modify cheat-terminal to ignore handcuffs... 

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

Many thanks for the update.

It's not mentioned in the OP so thought I'd best check, is it safe to update mid game (currently on v0.4.8)

Yes, I am trying to make my mod such that upgrading mid game is always safe. The first time when you load your game with the new version, an installer script will run and upgrade. Depending on how many NPCs are wearing handcuffs or collars, this can take up to a minute.

3 hours ago, akuma35 said:

Don't know if anyone asked this before but, whenever I happen to have handcuffs on and I approach a NPC pressing the Hotkey (G in my Case), nothing happens. It says 'No action available for targeted actor'.

What do I do now?

At the moment the hotkey allows two actions:

• change pose of NPCs on prisoner mats
  • open quick trade menu with NPC (if enabled in MCM settings)

There is at the moment no functionality that allows NPCs to recognize that the player is wearing handcuffs, and I will probably not add it as this mod provides the framework for the items, not interactions with NPCs.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:07 PM, xyzxyz said:

Is it just me or is this new version really slowing the game down? AAF suddeny needs minutes to start animations and the game is laggy.

I don't see lag with AAF, it reacts quickly. Sim Settlements is especially laggy in my current game, but I don't think this is related to my mod. Anybody else?

I have this issue when i am using  v0.4.10. CTD near some area like Charles View Amphitheatre and Boston common close to the river side.

I try disable with the DD and AWKCR patch. None of it matter, the problem goes away when i disable real handcuff. At least this is my observation so far.

Any advise i can do?

I forgot v0.4.09 work or not. 

47 minutes ago, loen999 said:

I have this issue when i am using  v0.4.10. CTD near some area like Charles View Amphitheatre and Boston common close to the river side.

I try disable with the DD and AWKCR patch. None of it matter, the problem goes away when i disable real handcuff. At least this is my observation so far.

Any advise i can do?

I forgot v0.4.09 work or not. 

Assuming you are using Standard Edition, can you try if temporarily switching to Lite Edition solves the problem?

Note that I generally don't recommend using lite edition (and especially not switching "in the middle of" an ongoing game), but seeing how lite edition behaves would give me some hints about what part of the mod is causing the problem.

12 hours ago, Kharos said:

Assuming you are using Standard Edition, can you try if temporarily switching to Lite Edition solves the problem?

Note that I generally don't recommend using lite edition (and especially not switching "in the middle of" an ongoing game), but seeing how lite edition behaves would give me some hints about what part of the mod is causing the problem.

Yes, i am using standard version.

Ok, I am going to test it out. 

Edit1: Yup, Lite version seems to be without any problem. No more CTD running around the crash area.

https://pastebin.com/R6zwysRA      Buffout 4  Hope it might help.

9 hours ago, loen999 said:

Yes, i am using standard version.

Ok, I am going to test it out. 

Edit1: Yup, Lite version seems to be without any problem. No more CTD running around the crash area.

https://pastebin.com/R6zwysRA      Buffout 4  Hope it might help.

No, it does not really help unfortunately. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION probably means that my papyrus code is somehow triggering an engine bug that crashes the game, I have seen that in the past when I did some unexpected things (e.g. certain changes to NPCs when their 3D model is not fully loaded). I might be able to reproduce the crash with a savegame (or it might completely break because I have different mods than you have, no idea). If you have a bit more time, you can do some more experimentation, too:

• go back to standard edition
  • validate that you still get the crash (you may need to take an old savegame)
  • my educated guess is that the crash is caused by one of the following scripts that my mod installs: Scripts\DefaultCaptiveActor.pex, Scripts\DefaultCaptiveAlias.pex, Scripts\DefaultCaptiveActor.pex, so remove these scripts one by one and check if removing one of them solves the problem
6 hours ago, Kharos said:

No, it does not really help unfortunately. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION probably means that my papyrus code is somehow triggering an engine bug that crashes the game, I have seen that in the past when I did some unexpected things (e.g. certain changes to NPCs when their 3D model is not fully loaded). I might be able to reproduce the crash with a savegame (or it might completely break because I have different mods than you have, no idea). If you have a bit more time, you can do some more experimentation, too:

• go back to standard edition
  • validate that you still get the crash (you may need to take an old savegame)
  • my educated guess is that the crash is caused by one of the following scripts that my mod installs: Scripts\DefaultCaptiveActor.pex, Scripts\DefaultCaptiveAlias.pex, Scripts\DefaultCaptiveActor.pex, so remove these scripts one by one and check if removing one of them solves the problem

DefaultCaptiveActor.pex.mohidden I believe. No mre CTD when i hide it.

On 12/27/2020 at 5:16 PM, loen999 said:

DefaultCaptiveActor.pex.mohidden I believe. No mre CTD when i hide it.

Ok, this is one of the files dealing with vanilla scene handcuff integration, a relatively new feature. I am attaching an unofficial early version of 0.4.11 to this post. It has two changes that could be interesting for you:

1. I added some safety code in the vanilla handcuff integration scripts, this may or may not solve the CTD (I have no idea as I cannot reproduce the problem).
  2. I added a new MCM settings page for integration, you can turn off vanilla handcuff integration there. If (1) does not solve the problem, then (2) should solve it for sure.

[Attached file removed, there is a new release]

Version 0.4.11
==============
more incremental improvements
- add new MCM page for integration settings and move existing JB integration settings there
- add option in MCM integration settings to disable vanilla scene integration
- improve logic of prisoner mats, especially with Workshop Framework 2.x
- fix JB quick-enslave of Crime And Punishment surrendered NPCS
- prevent JB quick-enslave of Crime And Punishment prisoners
- try to detect restraints with missing script instance and unequip them after equipping
- various other small fixes and improvements

This is a "support release", there are no new features. Mostly small fixes for stuff that I noticed while playing and more for stuff that I noticed while testing the first bunch of changes.

• There is a long standing bug that sometimes rarely restraints do not work. I investigated with some old save games that had affected devices and it looks like the game somehow does not create the correct script instances (engine bug?). In some but not all situations the mod will now be able to detect this and unequip the item. Moving it between player and NPC/container inventory and then trying again solves the issue most of the time.
  • I added a new MCM page for integration settings, vanilla scene integration can be disabled there. This should be a workaround for the reported crashes. I also tried to make the integration script a bit more careful to prevent the crashes, but no idea if that helps or not (I could not reproduce the problem).
  • There are large internal changes of how prisoner mats are handled, especially if workshop framework is installed. The mod now tries harder to keep prisoners assigned to the mats, even if workshop framework wants them to do something else.

Upgrading to this version in on-going games is supported as always. If you are using a lot of prisoner mats the upgrade can be a bit slow, as it will unassign and then reassign the prisoners, so be patient.

On 12/28/2020 at 10:16 PM, Kharos said:

Ok, this is one of the files dealing with vanilla scene handcuff integration, a relatively new feature. I am attaching an unofficial early version of 0.4.11 to this post. It has two changes that could be interesting for you:

1. I added some safety code in the vanilla handcuff integration scripts, this may or may not solve the CTD (I have no idea as I cannot reproduce the problem).
  2. I added a new MCM settings page for integration, you can turn off vanilla handcuff integration there. If (1) does not solve the problem, then (2) should solve it for sure.

[Attached file removed, there is a new release]

EDIT Just want to let you know. I am using the v0.4.11 and "it does not seems to have CTD so far." At least in the location i crashed.

I let the default setting on, which mean the vanilla integration is on. and No CTD happen.

Thanks a lot.           

My bad, i must be dreaming when i reply.

6 hours ago, loen999 said:

Just want to let you know. I am using the v0.4.11 and it does seems to have and CTD so far. At least in the location i crashed.

I let the default setting on, which mean the vanilla integration is on. and No CTD happen.

Thanks a lot.

If you mean that it stopped the CTD then I am happy to hear that. To be honest I could not reproduce the issue, so I just tried to make the script a bit more careful without knowing if it would help or not ?...

RealHandcuffs.0.4.12 beta 1.7z

Version 0.4.12 Beta 1
=====================
virtibird riding for bound NPCs
- allow up to three bound NPCs to ride in the cargo compartment of vertibirds when accompanying the player (they will be locked up/released automatically)
- fix error in handcuffs converter causing some legacy handcuffs (misc item) to disappear instead of being converted to real handcuffs

This feature (bound NPCs riding in cargo compartment) is pretty new, and there are a lot of possibilities with other mods interfering (vertibird mods that put followers into different places on the vertibird, follower mods with special support for vertibirds, etc.). So I will leave that here a few days, hoping bugs get uncovered.

Happy new year! ?

4 hours ago, Kharos said:

This feature (bound NPCs riding in cargo compartment) is pretty new, and there are a lot of possibilities with other mods interfering (vertibird mods that put followers into different places on the vertibird, follower mods with special support for vertibirds, etc.). So I will leave that here a few days, hoping bugs get uncovered.

Happy new year! ?

Interesting. I have the personal flying vertibird mod, so I should see if there are compatibility problems there.

Now, I assume I need the latest version of RH and this patch.

23 minutes ago, NobodyImportant33333 said:

Interesting. I have the personal flying vertibird mod, so I should see if there are compatibility problems there.

Now, I assume I need the latest version of RH and this patch.

I mostly tested with personal flyable vertibird, too, my current playthrough is not with the brotherhood. I did a quick test with a vanilla vertibird.

No, what I posted is a full version, not a patch. Just install it like any regular release. As always you should be able to upgrade an existing save, but please do not downgrade an exiting save back to 0.4.11 after using this beta. If you do I have no idea what will happen to NPCs who are travelling in cargo holds... [Edit: downgrading could work if you make sure that you are not in a vertibird and all "passengers" have been unloaded]