Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

Dropping some mods down below. Before that, I want to drop some knowledge.

The way the character models are constructed in DOA6 are not mod-friendly. The breasts and butt are both removed from the main body and neither can be exported to Blender through the 3DMigoto add-on. You will receive a handful of errors with either of those assets. The good news is that when I read over the script, it's really well commented, and the developer even commented in some possible solutions. I, however, am not a programmer, so if anyone else is experienced with blender scripts, please try an import yourself and take a look. Because of this, our ability to stitch together a base mesh isn't great, Also, the characters are pretty unique proportion-wise, not many characters fit together. I attached a photo of one of the more complete models in the game, but it's not much.

The main body can be imported, but exporting from Blender back into 3DMigoto will create seams between each of the body meshes -- even if you don't actually edit the mesh. So the plug-in probably needs an update to work with DOA6 correctly or I haven't found the right import / export settings.

Here is what I mean about the import seams:

MeshSeams.png.2112c85a04b34909f63dbef25b16dc7c.png

The plugin can edit costumes just fine, though. And a lot of you guys have been posting up clothing removals, but calling it a day if you can't remove something without removing another part of the mesh in the same draw call. 3DMigoto + Blender handles that sort of thing perfectly, so I'm posting up some of the edits I've made with some comparisons. I have more, but their not quite ready.

The overall point I guess is that from my readings on here and the DOA discord, a lot of people seem to think that a nude mod is right around the corner, and are just sitting in these threads and waiting for one to pop up. But unless I'm missing something completely obvious, we have to solve some more software issues to even begin to theorize whether one is possible. If all you want is some pasted nipples then you're already good to go, but there's a lot more we have to do if we want to go further than that. The more help the merrier, even if that means just downloading the mods and testing them out.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to get around to all of the characters, and take them into Blender where I'm comfortable and get rid of most clothing that can't be removed by skipping a draw call. I'll put some more mods up soon (hopefully tomorrow).

Ayane-Deluxe.zipHitomi-Deluxe.zipHelena-Goddess.zip

MeshParts.png

20 minutes ago, Aurora Rain said:

If anyone could explain in detail how to do that, with links to all the tools and how to use them for this purpose, I would love to test that out.

There are three tools, but apparently all of them work irregularly with the DOA6 files for the moment, but they may work for some costumes. I think tianmuxia was working on improving the support for g1m.

There is the musoutool: https://www.deviantart.com/tianmuxia/art/RELEASE-Musou-model-tool-781076623

(in the comments there is a download link in mediafire)

Then there is also the final fantasy tool ffsnt: https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7788

And, the xentax tool can also do some work on .g1m files, if used with "Dinasty Warriors 8" setting. That one is here http://xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1001

ChargeBeam, Kholdy, etc, thank you for the mods :)

To answer the purchase question, I pre-ordered the Deluxe. Love this game, love that mods are being made.

Will buy the KoF pack on release and maybe the Wedding Packs when they're on sale. ❤️ 

Any way to improve the fps?

That texture override script is causing a huge fps drop. But if I turn them off, I can't use the mods.

Edited: I've found a way to fix(?) this by removing some lines from the code.

I don't know if it's gonna affect something, but at least it's better than losing 55 fps.

;[ResourceBakIB]
;[ResourceBakVB]
[ShaderRegexCharacters]
shader_model = vs_5_0
analyse_options = dump_vb dump_ib dump_cb dump_tex txt buf dds
if !frame_analysis
;    ResourceBakIB = ref ib
;    ResourceBakVB = ref vb0
    checktextureoverride = ps-t0
    checktextureoverride = ib
    checktextureoverride = vb0
;    ib = ref ResourceBakIB
;    vb0 = ref ResourceBakVB
endif

[ShaderRegexCharacters.Pattern]
bool bSkin

On 3/15/2019 at 12:14 AM, bluerobot99 said:

check and make sure your 3dmigoto is working correctly

how to check it? When I run the program, my game crashes. And if I start the program 3DMiggoto first, the game does not start. 

I understand that it does not work correctly. But how to fix it?

7 hours ago, ChargeBeam said:

Dropping some mods down below. Before that, I want to drop some knowledge.

The way the character models are constructed in DOA6 are not mod-friendly. The breasts and butt are both removed from the main body and neither can be exported to Blender through the 3DMigoto add-on. You will receive a handful of errors with either of those assets. The good news is that when I read over the script, it's really well commented, and the developer even commented in some possible solutions. I, however, am not a programmer, so if anyone else is experienced with blender scripts, please try an import yourself and take a look. Because of this, our ability to stitch together a base mesh isn't great, Also, the characters are pretty unique proportion-wise, not many characters fit together. I attached a photo of one of the more complete models in the game, but it's not much.

The main body can be imported, but exporting from Blender back into 3DMigoto will create seams between each of the body meshes -- even if you don't actually edit the mesh. So the plug-in probably needs an update to work with DOA6 correctly or I haven't found the right import / export settings.

Here is what I mean about the import seams:

The plugin can edit costumes just fine, though. And a lot of you guys have been posting up clothing removals, but calling it a day if you can't remove something without removing another part of the mesh in the same draw call. 3DMigoto + Blender handles that sort of thing perfectly, so I'm posting up some of the edits I've made with some comparisons. I have more, but their not quite ready.

The overall point I guess is that from my readings on here and the DOA discord, a lot of people seem to think that a nude mod is right around the corner, and are just sitting in these threads and waiting for one to pop up. But unless I'm missing something completely obvious, we have to solve some more software issues to even begin to theorize whether one is possible. If all you want is some pasted nipples then you're already good to go, but there's a lot more we have to do if we want to go further than that. The more help the merrier, even if that means just downloading the mods and testing them out.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to get around to all of the characters, and take them into Blender where I'm comfortable and get rid of most clothing that can't be removed by skipping a draw call. I'll put some more mods up soon (hopefully tomorrow).

Ayane-Deluxe.zipFetching info... Hitomi-Deluxe.zipFetching info... Helena-Goddess.zipFetching info...

Hey, just letting you know that unlike the other two you posted, the Helena Goddess costume doesn't work out of the box, it doesn't remove anything without adding some IB skips.

11 hours ago, Aurora Rain said:

@ChargeBeam

Somewhere between import into blender, and export from blender, the vertex normals are getting altered, that's the source of the seams, because the normals are split along the seems.
Which version of blender are you using, 2.79 or 2.8?

2.79. I haven't tried firing up DoaTool and exporting the G1M files like some have suggested since 3DMigoto came out, so that might be a work around to the seam issue.

4 hours ago, kholdy said:

Hey, just letting you know that unlike the other two you posted, the Helena Goddess costume doesn't work out of the box, it doesn't remove anything without adding some IB skips.

Yep, I see that now, I had my .ini working in tandem with @Wisky's .ini that they put up a few days ago, and forgot to combine them before uploading. You can fix it by downloading his .ini from page 13. I've also updated my .ini to combine them right here.

Helena-Goddess-Fixed.zip