Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

6 minutes ago, mai2019 said:

right Now  What to do

Now type 2 in the keyboard and then enter. Then drag the folder (MaterialEditor) into the program window and press enter again. You will see some messages, including one that says "2 files were reimported". Then you can close the program window (or ctrl-c, doesn't matter).

I've tried to modify most of the textures with .g1t suffix. We can do something with texture replacing but, that is, we cant do things like tear up clothes completely into pieces.

Anywhy,i'd like to share my little experience in exploring DOA6 textures to modders.(if they do exist)

I. suffix before .g1t

kidsair                                                               <-all red, and some of them even cant open. i didnt figure out what they do

kidsalb                                                              <-texture, most of the work do with it

kidsnmh                                                            <-normal

kidsocc                                                             <-grey

kidsrfr                                                               <-reflexion

kidsshl                                                               <-so few of them have a reasonable size, maybe high light texture

kidswtm                                                            <-the sweat mask

kidssm1                                                            <-extract texture to preformance sweaty clothes effect or something

kidssm2                                                            <-extract normal texture to preformance sweaty clothes effect or something

II.how to import dds

first, get a PS CS6 or PS CC

then get Intel Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop and install it to your PS

you will get a window like that,dont check any option unless you know what ur doing

1.jpg.f6b91f6406fbf6e2d4e65e9a978bd885.jpg

in addtion, if you are working on modifying kidssm1 sweaty texture, check the load mip-maps, or the PS will generate wrong mip-maps for u.

III.how to modify dds

this step allow u to be creative(like that)

2.jpg.c7af2ec6fab49fb2a1b3b153f44d7e7f.jpg3.jpg.1c98b9933658fe93ff5477240d065269.jpg

notice that you might change 32bitsRGB to 8bits to edit in PS, which result in anamorphose. And you need to change it to 32bits again to save as dds. I advise you think gingerly as each transfer, and save it to PSD to edit next time instead of change between 32bits & 8bits too many times to mess up your work like me ;-(

VI.how to save as dds

each texture would mark its compress format:

00000_000000-BC6H.dds  <- BC6H is exactly the compress format.

4.jpg.d82664dc7a6114dc0fd91b64ca56f8d0.jpg

usually, there're linear color and sRGB, fast compresss & fine compress to choose. Well, choose fine and give linear & sRGB a test.

choose auto generate for mip-maps unless you're working on kidssm1, while u need to choose from layers

V.reimport it to your game

well, u can get more infomation from posts earlier. Take your time.

2 hours ago, h4sjohnson said:

I've tried to modify most of the textures with .g1t suffix. We can do something with texture replacing but, that is, we cant do things like tear up clothes completely into pieces.

Anywhy,i'd like to share my little experience in exploring DOA6 textures to modders.(if they do exist)

I. suffix before .g1t

kidsair                                                               <-all red, and some of them even cant open. i didnt figure out what they do

kidsalb                                                              <-texture, most of the work do with it

kidsnmh                                                            <-normal

kidsocc                                                             <-grey

kidsrfr                                                               <-reflexion

kidsshl                                                               <-so few of them have a reasonable size, maybe high light texture

kidswtm                                                            <-the sweat mask

kidssm1                                                            <-extract texture to preformance sweaty clothes effect or something

kidssm2                                                            <-extract normal texture to preformance sweaty clothes effect or something

II.how to import dds

first, get a PS CS6 or PS CC

then get Intel Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop and install it to your PS

you will get a window like that,dont check any option unless you know what ur doing

1.jpg.f6b91f6406fbf6e2d4e65e9a978bd885.jpg

in addtion, if you are working on modifying kidssm1 sweaty texture, check the load mip-maps, or the PS will generate wrong mip-maps for u.

What is a mip-maps?

1 hour ago, Aurora Rain said:

^ This +1

I haven't gotten help yet with model extraction using 3DMigoto, and we're talking about DOAXVV for some reason.

+2

However, guys do not forget that there is an english translation on steam.

for those who understand japanese. this is not so important, but for the rest (billions of ppl) it's a huge plus.

5 hours ago, SagoSFM said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap

mipmaps are smaller versions of textures for when things are farther away from the camera, they help with optimization! but crappy mipmaps would look strange as they fade into one another if they aren't generated correctly

Thank you very much! Yes, this is hard. I have not understood everything yet and will try to understand through examples.

28 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

Version 1.1 of the 3DMigoto base mod is out:

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/03/dead-or-alive-6.html

• I've added the costume mod enabling code to this one, so you no longer have to modify the d3dx.ini yourself. I'm shipping the enabling code in a separate ini file so if people need to modify it they don't have to rely waiting for me to update the base mod.
  • This version has significant performance improvements over 1.0
  • Updated to 3DMigoto 1.3.16 (release notes for modders)
  • The ReShade compatibility issue is fixed
  • The 3D Vision mod now self-disables if your system does not support 3D Vision (better performance)

Since I saw some people asking about keys:

• F2: Toggle costume mods on and off like we have in DOAXVV
  • F10: Reload mods
  • Ctrl+Alt+F10: Reload mods + reset to default
  • If hunting is enabled (1 or 2) in the d3dx.ini:
    • Numpad 0: Toggle hunting overlay
    • F8: Frame Analysis Dump (overlay must be visible)
    • Ctrl+F8: Cycle Frame Analysis Profiles between:
      • Meshes and diffuse textures
      • Meshes only
      • Textures (Diffuse, reflection, normal and sub-surface-scattering)
      • Log file only

As a celebration of the update, here's a topless La Mariposa with a texture swap and mesh removal:

DOA6065_085.thumb.jpg.0d05846b6729084e974421bdc44ba25a.jpg

La Mariposa 1-3 Topless.7zLa Mariposa Nipples.7z (I'm sure someone else will do a more complete texture replacement at some point)

This worked for me, great job! Can't wait for the mods to start rolling out.

2 hours ago, Aurora Rain said:

@ausgeek

How do we find the constant buffer where the bones are stored?  Is it still vs-cb2 or is there a new thing we should be looking for?
I would like to get the skeleton imported into blender

This will need a bit of work for the script to support - DOAXVV had an entire constant buffer dedicated for this purpose, but in this game it's intermixed with other data in vs-cb0. Specifially just checking one random skin vertex shader it is mL2W here (a big givaway is the very large array):

// cbuffer $Globals
// {
//   row_major float4x4 mW2P;           // Index:    0 1 2 3          Components:    16
//   float4 mL2W[384];                  // Index:    4-387            Components:  1536
//   bool bSkin[3];                     // Index:  388-390.x          Components:     9
//   row_major float4x4 mW2Pt;          // Index:  391 392 393 394    Components:    16
//   row_major float4x4 mW2S[4];        // Index:  395-410            Components:    64
// }
// Name                                 Type  Format         Dim Slot Elements
// ------------------------------ ---------- ------- ----------- ---- --------
// $Globals                          cbuffer      NA          NA    0        1

But a bigger priority is to get the script exporting the problem areas of the mesh we need to edit.

14 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

@ausgeek with your v1.1 upgrade, i can start my game through 3DMigoto Loader.exe now.

And i put "delay = -1" to d3dx to hold the output window, the output log also looks good (maybe?):

1.jpg.61514864fa7cfd9a30b28f877c66fd72.jpg

but still, there's nothing happen in my game. i tried to push F1-12,Numpad 0-9 result in no respone.

i try to load your mod and of course, still nothing happen.

2.jpg.d52ea2c447827c43998bc57c37b6bc01.jpg

theres something even weirder when i shutdown the game, the output log remain unchanged like above. Is that normal?

CPU: intel i7-7700HQ

GPU1:intel HD Graphics 630   GPU2: GTX 1050Ti

appreciate your fantastic work and hoping someone could help me to figure out how to make this worked for me.

someone help me, please.
i want to remove this. ( the red square part in the attachment )

i removed other parts with 3DMigoto.
and i unpacked MaterialEditor.rdb file with rdbtool, i found two textures which seem to contain that part i want to remove.(their name are "MPR_Muscle_Character_KASCOS002_a01_kidsalb.g1t" and "MPR_Muscle_Character_KASCOS002_a01_kidsnmh.g1t".)

i tried to edit the textures. but i dont have enough knowledgh to do it, so i've not done it yet.

btw, @ausgeek thank you for your great job! i'm looking forward to see many mods made with the upgrade tool!

please excuse me for my poor english. thanks.

kas008.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nat75kaz said:

someone help me, please.
i want to remove this. ( the red square part in the attachment )

i removed other parts with 3DMigoto.
and i unpacked MaterialEditor.rdb file with rdbtool, i found two textures which seem to contain that part i want to remove.(their name are "MPR_Muscle_Character_KASCOS002_a01_kidsalb.g1t" and "MPR_Muscle_Character_KASCOS002_a01_kidsnmh.g1t".)

i tried to edit the textures. but i dont have enough knowledgh to do it, so i've not done it yet.

@Nat75kaz replace texture to remove that specify model part is not such a good idea. cause the texture of the model might be DXT1 or BC3(you can unpacked g1t to check),which means it doesnt have Alpha channel to make the model transparent.

Anyway, if the texture do have alpha channel, you can give it a shot.

38 minutes ago, Monty-R said:

The game is pretty much dead. Online players dropped down to 200 people....

Is this the result of watering down the game and releasing it with missing features?

Maybe because there is DOAXVV on steam, everyone used a vpn,  and there are 3000(night)~6000(day) players in-game XD

I think the next DOA6 update will call all players to play again.

1 hour ago, Monty-R said:

The game is pretty much dead. Online players dropped down to 200 people....

Is this the result of watering down the game and releasing it with missing features?

In this thread, there are also significantly fewer people than before. Several times less. This is because the DOAXVV on Steam. And they are unlikely to return. It makes no sense.

7 hours ago, ausgeek said:

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/03/dead-or-alive-6.html

• I've added the costume mod enabling code to this one, so you no longer have to modify the d3dx.ini yourself. I'm shipping the enabling code in a separate ini file so if people need to modify it they don't have to rely waiting for me to update the base mod.
  • This version has significant performance improvements over 1.0
  • Updated to 3DMigoto 1.3.16 (release notes for modders)
  • The ReShade compatibility issue is fixed
  • The 3D Vision mod now self-disables if your system does not support 3D Vision (better performance)

Since I saw some people asking about keys:

• F2: Toggle costume mods on and off like we have in DOAXVV
  • F10: Reload mods
  • Ctrl+Alt+F10: Reload mods + reset to default
  • If hunting is enabled (1 or 2) in the d3dx.ini:
    • Numpad 0: Toggle hunting overlay
    • F8: Frame Analysis Dump (overlay must be visible)
    • Ctrl+F8: Cycle Frame Analysis Profiles between:
      • Meshes and diffuse textures
      • Meshes only
      • Textures (Diffuse, reflection, normal and sub-surface-scattering)
      • Log file only

As a celebration of the update, here's a topless La Mariposa with a texture swap and mesh removal:

DOA6065_085.thumb.jpg.0d05846b6729084e974421bdc44ba25a.jpg

La Mariposa 1-3 Topless.7zLa Mariposa Nipples.7z (I'm sure someone else will do a more complete texture replacement at some point)

So with this version we can edit mesh and mod with blender like in VV ? Anw incredible work, this is wonderful 

4 hours ago, h4sjohnson said:

@Nat75kaz replace texture to remove that specify model part is not such a good idea. cause the texture of the model might be DXT1 or BC3(you can unpacked g1t to check),which means it doesnt have Alpha channel to make the model transparent.

Anyway, if the texture do have alpha channel, you can give it a shot.

@h4sjohnson Thank you for your reply!

as you said, both the textures i found are DXT1.

do you know any way? can i do that with ver1.1 of the 3DMigoto?