Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

@vagonumero13

I have a suggestion.
It's need to add to your program the ability to return to its previous state.
To do this, all the files that we replace must be saved in a special folder, then they can be automatically returned to its original place. And if the game will not start, we can make a couple of clicks and return to the original state.
Thank you for the excellent work.

So, when I use the mod thingy, the game splash screen shows up... but then it closes, along with the loader console.

I'm not putting the files in the game directory or anything related to the game at all, I have it a folder on my D drive called "Fantastico".... anyway, any idea what might be the issue?

I get this on the console:

D:\Fantastico>"3DMigoto Loader"

------------------------------- 3DMigoto Loader ------------------------------

d3d11.dll description: "3Dmigoto - d3d11.dll"
3DMigoto Version 1.3.16
Loaded D:\Fantastico\d3d11.dll

3DMigoto ready, launching "steam://run/838380/"...
Target process found (9272): D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead or Alive 6\DOA6.exe
9272: 3DMigoto loaded :)

After that, the game splash screen shows up, then it closes

I'm running the program as administrator as well

30 minutes ago, kenia1001 said:

So, when I use the mod thingy, the game splash screen shows up... but then it closes, along with the loader console.

I'm not putting the files in the game directory or anything related to the game at all, I have it a folder on my D drive called "Fantastico".... anyway, any idea what might be the issue?

I get this on the console:

D:\Fantastico>"3DMigoto Loader"

------------------------------- 3DMigoto Loader ------------------------------

d3d11.dll description: "3Dmigoto - d3d11.dll"
3DMigoto Version 1.3.16
Loaded D:\Fantastico\d3d11.dll

3DMigoto ready, launching "steam://run/838380/"...
Target process found (9272): D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead or Alive 6\DOA6.exe
9272: 3DMigoto loaded :)

After that, the game splash screen shows up, then it closes

I'm running the program as administrator as well

Any idea? Maybe you are using a pirated version of Dead or Alive?

5 minutes ago, nikMike said:

Any idea? Maybe you are using a pirated version of Dead or Alive?

I'm not .-.

I bought the deluxe version on steam

also, other people that have the game on steam had no problem using the mod...

maybe it's my anti-virus? I disabled it and same problem

@ausgeek jeez,dude

I FINALLY FOUND OUT THE FUCKING REASON WHY I CANT LOAD YOUR PROGRAM PROPERLY !!!

Well, it because laptops like mine have GPU0 & GPU1, and 3DMigoto seem to read GPU0 memory rather then GPU1. when my game is run in GPU1, 3DMigoto just lost its way.

i'll be appreciated if you could fix that incompatibility to mult-GPUs.(or is there any way to fix that issue already?)

1 hour ago, kenia1001 said:

I'm not .-.

I bought the deluxe version on steam

also, other people that have the game on steam had no problem using the mod...

maybe it's my anti-virus? I disabled it and same problem 

u have the same issue as me! are you in laptop device or mult-GPUs environment?

2 hours ago, rockmanalpha2444 said:

Anyone knows the git file at which the white socks of Nico's  default costume is located? i want to have a barefoot looking of Nico,

or this cannot be done by replacing the sock texture? 

search with keywords "NICCOS" & "kidsalb.g1t" in material editor. the number behind NICCOS is exactly the costume index in game.The costume itself includes several parts. Just unpack them all and check one by one.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:13 PM, hindyindy said:

You need to use VPN.

Thank you for the advice. That's exactly what I did. At first there were difficulties, but I still achieved success. They check the IP only when installing the game, and then you can run DOAXVV with any IP.

??

??

????????????????????????????????

58 minutes ago, h4sjohnson said:

@ausgeek jeez,dude

I FINALLY FOUND OUT THE FUCKING REASON WHY I CANT LOAD YOUR PROGRAM PROPERLY !!!

Well, it because laptops like mine have GPU0 & GPU1, and 3DMigoto seem to read GPU0 memory rather then GPU1. when my game is run in GPU1, 3DMigoto just lost its way.

i'll be appreciated if you could fix that incompatibility to mult-GPUs.(or is there any way to fix that issue already?)

I'd love to fix it, but I have absolutely nothing to test that on, so unless you want to send me a laptop that I can use to reproduce this issue I'll need a little more detail to even begin to take a stab at that.

For starters, tell me about your laptop - what are the two GPUs? How do you set the laptop/game to use one or the other? Do you use Optimus? What OS are you running?

Secondly, enable debug logging in 3DMigoto by editing the d3dx.ini, locating the [Logging] section and turning on calls=1, debug=1 and unbuffered=1. Run the loader, let the game crash, then send me the d3d11_log.txt file that (hopefully) was created.

1 hour ago, h4sjohnson said:

search with keywords "NICCOS" & "kidsalb.g1t" in material editor. the number behind NICCOS is exactly the costume index in game.The costume itself includes several parts. Just unpack them all and check one by one.

Thanks for your instruction, i go through all the kidsalb g1t file of the specific costume and i can't find one which is related to the socks part of the character,

maybe it is something to do with the model itself? anyway, how can i convert the g1m file extracted from the rdbtool.exe so that i can edit it in blender? many thanks!

edited:  i finally find the texture of the socks, i've just misunderstood the filename structure of the texture file, i haven't checkk any g1t file other than a01 LOL...

but now leading to another issue, as my intention is to remove the sock, but the compression format of the  texture file itself is DXT1, meaning that it can not contain any alpha channel data, so how can i hide the sock texture? thank you.

29 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

I'd love to fix it, but I have absolutely nothing to test that on, so unless you want to send me a laptop that I can use to reproduce this issue I'll need a little more detail to even begin to take a stab at that.

For starters, tell me about your laptop - what are the two GPUs? How do you set the laptop/game to use one or the other? Do you use Optimus? What OS are you running? 

Secondly, enable debug logging in 3DMigoto by editing the d3dx.ini, locating the [Logging] section and turning on calls=1, debug=1 and unbuffered=1. Run the loader, let the game crash, then send me the d3d11_log.txt file that (hopefully) was created. 

@ausgeek

info of my devices, log out by dxdiag

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

GPU0: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

GPU1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

i just use right click menu to run game in specify GPU.

cause i manually set game use GPU1 in nvidia driver settings, Optimus wont override my settings, right?

3.jpg.d577af43426571412fe0b7e2cac18ceb.jpg1.jpg.d030b6fe609ed22efdae8ff2be8ff28d.jpg

the GPU status when i run DOA6 and crash. the peak is the time i fire my game.While i run the game with GPU0, i get fps down to 2~5,but 3DMigoto works well.

outlogd3d11_log.txt

On 3/18/2019 at 2:28 PM, Dinamit said:

:) Какой же он положительный? Ты почитай что про него на сайте TN написано.

Род занятий - бывший убийца. 

Как и все русские. :):):)

Они все убийцы! Даже малышка Мэри... исходя из названия игры и жанра в целом  ?

Did anyone manage to successfully extract hair textures? i've been messing with different .g1t files, including faces and outfit textures, but the ones that contain hair textures are corrupted upon the extraction.  For example, Christie's hair normal map inside MPR_Muscle_Character_CRIHAIR001_hair_BLEND_kidsnmh.g1t is extracted properly, but the textures inside MPR_Muscle_Character_CRIHAIR001_hair_BLEND_kidsalb.g1t seem to be corrupted since i can't open the file. Am i doing something wrong?

If anyone does a texture swap I just discovered the game uses a lower resolution version of the texture with a different hash at resolutions <= 1366x768.

So, make sure you dump the texture with your resolution set higher than that to make sure you are editing the high res version (for quality), and add replacements for both hashes in the ini file, like:

[TextureOverrideSkinDiffuseHighRes]
; Used at resolutions >= 1600x900
hash = 3c8fbfdc
this = ResourceReplaceSkin

[TextureOverrideSkinDiffuseLowRes]
; Used at resolutions <= 1366x768
; Make sure you go all the way into Character Select after
; changing the resolution for the game to switch hashes
hash = 16a99500
this = ResourceReplaceSkin

[ResourceReplaceSkin]
filename = edited.png

You can see here I'm just using the same replacement file for both - 3DMigoto doesn't care if the size doesn't match the original (and yes, you can enlarge it to add more detail if you want). To get the second hash set a low resolution then go into character select (the main menu keeps using the old hash for a while), do another frame analysis dump then sort through the DDS files to find the one you are after.

@h4sjohnson Thanks for the info - I've asked a dev who recently joined the team to look at this since he has a laptop with Optimus. Bug report filed here: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/issues/106

14 hours ago, rockmanalpha2444 said:

Anyone knows the git file at which the white socks of Nico's  default costume is located? i want to have a barefoot looking of Nico,

or this cannot be done by replacing the sock texture?

With high probability we can say that there is nothing in socks. If you remove them, you will see empty space instead of legs. They do it all the time.

5 hours ago, Albondiga99 said:

Did anyone manage to successfully extract hair textures? i've been messing with different .g1t files, including faces and outfit textures, but the ones that contain hair textures are corrupted upon the extraction.  For example, Christie's hair normal map inside MPR_Muscle_Character_CRIHAIR001_hair_BLEND_kidsnmh.g1t is extracted properly, but the textures inside MPR_Muscle_Character_CRIHAIR001_hair_BLEND_kidsalb.g1t seem to be corrupted since i can't open the file. Am i doing something wrong?

Here already wrote that the texture does not open correctly. Need a special plugin from the game Finaln Fantasy.

This is written at the beginning of this topic.

40 minutes ago, ddd439 said:

With high probability we can say that there is nothing in socks. If you remove them, you will see empty space instead of legs. They do it all the time.

been try so hard to figure that out cos i found feet texture actually in the body git file.

if it is the case that you mentioned, maybe we can reproduce the leg by editing the model?

as my researching last night, i have tried using nvidia dds plugin instead of the intel one, the nvidia plugin can save dxt1 with 1 bit alpha channel, the result is that all black pixels in alpha channel would be shown as black in game( i have edited the sock to red to test, and it turned to black in game ), sadly i can now sum up that editing texture may not achieve what i want.

btw anyone knows how to convert the g1m file for using in blender? i extracted the g1m model file from rdbtool.exe and can't deal with it, just can't find a tool to view and edit it.

35 minutes ago, rockmanalpha2444 said:

been try so hard to figure that out cos i found feet texture actually in the body git file.

if it is the case that you mentioned, maybe we can reproduce the leg by editing the model?

as my researching last night, i have tried using nvidia dds plugin instead of the intel one, the nvidia plugin can save dxt1 with 1 bit alpha channel, the result is that all black pixels in alpha channel would be shown as black in game( i have edited the sock to red to test, and it turned to black in game ), sadly i can now sum up that editing texture may not achieve what i want.

btw anyone knows how to convert the g1m file for using in blender? i extracted the g1m model file from rdbtool.exe and can't deal with it, just can't find a tool to view and edit it.

This is the tool that was written about in this thread.

But for me, this program does not even start. Antivirus may be interfering.

@guest73u @ddd439 @rockmanalpha2444

for guys looking for tools to re-modeling

as i know, only @tianmuxia ,who is the author of rdbtools, successfully modify the model. He wrote a program to transfer g1m to dae. He said he will release the new version for DOA6.

Here's the link to download the Dynasty Warriors 8 version of that tool. you can use this tool while you waiting for release.

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-5787969-1-1.html

1.jpg.472a438214cc46cfbdb613d336e902bf.jpg

but as you can see, the model is not import correctly. some parts missed, and phyics clothing is just a mess.

So, in summary, maybe we can remove model part from g1m. But do something magical is not that easy for now.

3 hours ago, h4sjohnson said:

@guest73u @ddd439 @rockmanalpha2444

for guys looking for tools to re-modeling

as i know, only @tianmuxia ,who is the author of rdbtools, successfully modify the model. He wrote a program to transfer g1m to dae. He said he will release the new version for DOA6.

Here's the link to download the Dynasty Warriors 8 version of that tool. you can use this tool while you waiting for release.

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-5787969-1-1.html

1.jpg.472a438214cc46cfbdb613d336e902bf.jpg

but as you can see, the model is not import correctly. some parts missed, and phyics clothing is just a mess.

So, in summary, maybe we can remove model part from g1m. But do something magical is not that easy for now.

nice to hear some good news about model importing, look forward to using the updated doa6 version of this tool.

I think for now it seems impossible to remove the socks of the character without editing the model.

moreover, the costume and the body part of the model were not built separately, i think i need to combine other model which has legs and foot meshes to reproduce the character.

Honestly i am just a beginner of modding, combining models is too difficult for me LOL...