I came along your May 13 post about animated clothes: "At this point of my research I am able to implement it but in order to prevent clipping we must use 1. a specific body mesh, 2. without any morph, and 3. with the fewest body modifications through CAS sliders as possible... In other words : it's very restrictive. "

Like the 2-rig system which seems to to hard to implement to pass the 180 bone limit it should be possible to create objects / pants with a sims rig. Like the animated tentacles of https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11682-faustterms-animations-update-05082020/. "Sliders" should be available in this case to move and hopefully also to scale the rig. With https://github.com/ColonolNutty/CustomSliderFramework it seems to be possible to access the sim sliders and maybe copy the values to the cloth object.

My time and knowledge in this area is very limited so I will not be able to check whether this works or to provide a solution. Hopefully it is possible to bypass the specific body limit while I understsnd that this may take much more more time. One could implement this - if possible - even as a standalone mod with a few basic objects and simple undress animations (as boring as WW wo animations - to be extended my modders).

Any insight is welcome, @ColonolNutty could likely code it in a few minutes, his cloth selector may work to select also "cloth" objects.

On 5/19/2020 at 7:54 AM, Oops19 said:

My time and knowledge in this area is very limited so I will not be able to check whether this works or to provide a solution.

Too bad. You look like someone who could be helpful at experimenting things ?

You should give it a try. We all have limited time you know.

6 hours ago, AmericanVillain said:

This project is promising ! the sex in the Sim is going to be in a whole another level ? take your time don't rush it because you are making our dream come true ?.

REDFACTION is actually just waiting for the two "Wanted" problems to be resolved first. The faster those are resolved, the faster this will be released.

14 hours ago, ryo.vegito said:

When? @REDFACTION

Since the actual main issue (aka bonecap limit) aven't been solved yet, there is no release date, don't ask for it.

There are really few people that helping RF. on this project and he got a work IRL so...

Answer is definitly : NOT IN A NEAR FUTURE.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, Crazy Doll said:

Since the actual main issue (aka bonecap limit) aven't been solved yet, there is no release date, don't ask for it.

There are really few people that helping RF. on this project and he got a work IRL so...

Answer is definitly : NOT IN A NEAR FUTURE.

Thanks, no idea u knew him so sorry for asking twice. Has to be lot of work behind it for sure

So, alll the best. Have a good one.:)

I mean I hate to be that guy, but it does seem like we're still at the same conclusion I reached like over a year ago, using a multi rig system, it would be possible under the same instance all WW animations function, could have objects with rigs be loaded as props or as whole other sims. There is hardly any animations with more then 4 sims, WW has a 8 sim limit, so it would be very plausible to have this new mod have a 4 sim limit for animations and have the potential for 2 multi-rigged sims for each actor slot.

Or create objects that can be loaded as props that after being simply set to child-of specific pelvic bone would fit as functioning animatible penis/vagina/anus, it would take some work getting everything to line up nicely but also another plausible solution to this.

Also maybe even trying to boil out some of the slots that are part of the sims rig and find ones that are never used or rarely used by CC or the game itself, each slot removed could be a bone added.

(edit: not that its relevant but I did happen to notice RF asked one of the sim gurus about getting passed the bone limit and was given the same answer I provided, its limitation of the game engine itself, going beyond it is only going to happen if the engine gets an update.)

2 hours ago, Simite said:

I mean I hate to be that guy, but it does seem like we're still at the same conclusion I reached like over a year ago, using a multi rig system, it would be possible under the same instance all WW animations function, could have objects with rigs be loaded as props or as whole other sims. There is hardly any animations with more then 4 sims, WW has a 8 sim limit, so it would be very plausible to have this new mod have a 4 sim limit for animations and have the potential for 2 multi-rigged sims for each actor slot.

Or create objects that can be loaded as props that after being simply set to child-of specific pelvic bone would fit as functioning animatible penis/vagina/anus, it would take some work getting everything to line up nicely but also another plausible solution to this.

Also maybe even trying to boil out some of the slots that are part of the sims rig and find ones that are never used or rarely used by CC or the game itself, each slot removed could be a bone added.

(edit: not that its relevant but I did happen to notice RF asked one of the sim gurus about getting passed the bone limit and was given the same answer I provided, its limitation of the game engine itself, going beyond it is only going to happen if the engine gets an update.)

The author wants the bone limit cap removed for ALL animations, not just Wicked Whims. They want it for things like watering the plants, playing video games, working out via tv etc.

1 hour ago, ColonolNutty said:

The author wants the bone limit cap removed for ALL animations, not just Wicked Whims. They want it for things like watering the plants, playing video games, working out via tv etc.

Well the bone limit is not in the animation its on the rig, a scene could feature thousands of bones in animation, but a single rig is 180. So I don't see the issue.

The secondary rig could be set to just copy all the bone movements and have all body parts invisable untill being used in a scene, upon which the visable primary rig hides the necessary part, ie bottom, and the secondary rig shows bottom for the animation, in theory as simple as changing from clothed to unclothed.

The secondary rig would only really need to have a certain number of bones the same as the main rig in order to be in position correctly, would not need any facial bones on the secondary rig, would not need finger bones or any slot bones for clothings or accessories and stuff. it would be a very stripped back rig allowing room for those bones to be used in other places.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:23 PM, ColonolNutty said:

REDFACTION is actually just waiting for the two "Wanted" problems to be resolved first. The faster those are resolved, the faster this will be released.

Just to make it clear there is no problem, just unfortunate limitations which if get rid off would lead to amazing new possibilities.

The project is absolutely not blocked by those limitations and my rig works perfectly fine with the 180 bones limit.

19 hours ago, Simite said:

RF asked one of the sim gurus about getting passed the bone limit and was given the same answer I provided, its limitation of the game engine itself, going beyond it is only going to happen if the engine gets an update.)

If they don't want to do it, someone will. And if nobody else does, I will. It's just a matter of time until someone finds where it's hardcoded, and changes it.

16 hours ago, Simite said:

Well the bone limit is not in the animation its on the rig, a scene could feature thousands of bones in animation, but a single rig is 180. So I don't see the issue.

Yes. You got it. Now go on Simite. Give it a try ?

2 hours ago, REDFACTION said:

Yes. You got it. Now go on Simite. Give it a try ?

Yeah I'd probably be able to do a lot more if you had shared some of your reasorces or progress from over a year ago, I mean for a project that's been collecting money and asking for help from the community apparently for the community, you could try sharing with the community and see what progress could be achieved together.

An example would be the works you did with collision on the rigs, you could share how you did that and help improve a bunch of animators works by improving the tools they work with. 

1 hour ago, Simite said:

Yeah I'd probably be able to do a lot more if you had shared some of your reasorces or progress from over a year ago, I mean for a project that's been collecting money and asking for help from the community apparently for the community, you could try sharing with the community and see what progress could be achieved together.

An example would be the works you did with collision on the rigs, you could share how you did that and help improve a bunch of animators works by improving the tools they work with. 

I'm confused. You want to help solving the 180 bones cap or you just want the rig ?

42 minutes ago, REDFACTION said:

I'm confused. You want to help solving the 180 bones cap or you just want the rig ?

Well if you're willing, sharing the rig would allow me to see how you achieved certain functionality and see what bones are left available, like for the nose functionality, did you add more bones or just use CAS_Nose bones, how did you apply physics and collision for better results. 

Breaking the bone cap is seemingly an improbable goal, sim guru's and the best minds here can't find a solution for you, maybe its time to think about what you can do within the limitations we have.

59 minutes ago, Simite said:

Maybe its time to think about what you can do within the limitations we have.

As said the rig works within the limitations. Getting rid of the them is just a plus.

1 hour ago, Simite said:

Breaking the bone cap is seemingly an improbable goal.

Science is made of improbable goals. I won't give up.

5 hours ago, REDFACTION said:

As said the rig works within the limitations. Getting rid of the them is just a plus.

Science is made of improbable goals. I won't give up.

I just tried once again to add bones too the rig in Sims4Studio and as soon as I went above 180 it linked me here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/969550/bone-limit-for-rig-and-slot-resources

Where the sim guru explains not only is the limit pretty hard, the game now silently discards of bones over the 180 limit. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, kapnabara said:

we can get 4 extra bones from tongue and apply them to butt cheeks and some other parts. tongue can be implemented via prop since it is rarely used. better than nothing!

But then this prop would need to be animated via it's own rig if it's treated as a separate object, 

Every time the sim moves, the tongue will need to manually animated by it's root to stay in the mouth, 

It's a nice idea but creates another restriction I think, 

Props are not appended in the same way that accessories are and it's a lot cleaner to keep it locked in place as part of the rig otherwise it will make the oral stuff a bit trickier to make, 

But same time I guess this is a bit like what was suggested before, separating the body and using multiple sim rigs by using one master and spawning others as props over the top, so animation will be played out using a sim made of 2 or 3 rigs