30 minutes ago, Downloader said:

yea, cause he is holding a gun to peoples heads, saying pledge or die...

8aoyw.jpg.3ff30ff804c95faddf656aa84bcab759.jpg

you obviously didn't understand a single word of what I wrote but hey posting a quirky meme ?‍♂️

but hey if you want to give me money for doing nothing I'd still take it

I have never seen a thread full of so much unnecessary wank, I followed it to be notified when the project updated but instead I just get daily notifications of whiny people arguing with each other. Unfollowed, I guess, and *not* due to the creator's inactivity. I guess I'll just have to hope I get wind of it elsewhere if/when the project itself finally updates.

4 hours ago, kinkynonbinary said:

I have never seen a thread full of so much unnecessary wank, I followed it to be notified when the project updated but instead I just get daily notifications of whiny people arguing with each other. Unfollowed, I guess, and *not* due to the creator's inactivity. I guess I'll just have to hope I get wind of it elsewhere if/when the project itself finally updates.

Yeah, merry christmas to you too for your uplifting comment.

7 hours ago, kinkynonbinary said:

Yes, but given the current situation with the project people are going to be upset and vent here while some people who are still interested are going to disagree. It really can't be helped. I understand your position though, Happy Holidays!

• 3 weeks later...

@REDFACTION Hey there man, it's been awhile. Have you heard of The Sims 4 Community Library (S4CL) I've been working on? You may be able to rip alot of your current python code out if you make use of the utilities and functionality from it, it'll reduce the size of your mod to boot! Less you have to manage as well.

Let me know what you think, many mod authors are switching to using it, so having even more do so is even better!

https://github.com/ColonolNutty/Sims4CommunityLibrary

17 hours ago, ColonolNutty said:

@REDFACTION Hey there man, it's been awhile. Have you heard of The Sims 4 Community Library (S4CL) I've been working on? You may be able to rip alot of your current python code out if you make use of the utilities and functionality from it, it'll reduce the size of your mod to boot! Less you have to manage as well.

Let me know what you think, many mod authors are switching to using it, so having even more do so is even better!

https://github.com/ColonolNutty/Sims4CommunityLibrary

Hi ColonolNutty ?

It's good to see you around.

I never heard of your S4CL but it's because I'm terrible in technology watch ?

I glanced through it and it looks very promising. I'm sure it will be very useful to the community and thank you for that.

Is it used by some mods you could quote ? Did you write some tutorials to get started with it ?

I stayed away from Python until now. My mod is made of pure XML. But since nobody is giving a sh** about the jobs I'm offering ?, I'm afraid I will have to immerse myself in Python.

By any chance does your library allow to handle the sims rig and its bones count ?

All of my work is based on the 180 bones cap but I'm deeply convinced that this limit could be simply get rid of in Python.

If this is the case, releasing the TITAN rig before the cap removal would be a shame.

PS : do you have a discord ID so we can have some technical chat ?

3 hours ago, REDFACTION said:

Hi ColonolNutty ?

It's good to see you around.

I never heard of your S4CL but it's because I'm terrible in technology watch ?

I glanced through it and it looks very promising. I'm sure it will be very useful to the community and thank you for that.

Is it used by some mods you could quote ? Did you write some tutorials to get started with it ?

I stayed away from Python until now. My mod is made of pure XML. But since nobody is giving a sh** about the jobs I'm offering ?, I'm afraid I will have to immerse myself in Python.

By any chance does your library allow to handle the sims rig and its bones count ?

All of my work is based on the 180 bones cap but I'm deeply convinced that this limit could be simply get rid of in Python.

If this is the case, releasing the TITAN rig before the cap removal would be a shame.

PS : do you have a discord ID so we can have some technical chat ?

Yeah, it is currently used by all of the mods listed in my signature. As well as a mod named Baby Hatch or something to that effect, there are likely more out there, but I can't keep track of em all.

I am currently creating documentation for S4CL using Sphinx, it'll be a bit before that is complete.

I was planning on making the Custom Gender Settings and Outfit Customization mods open source in the next week or so, stay tuned for that to use them as examples!
Other than that, I am always available to answer questions on where to find things or how to use things.

4 hours ago, REDFACTION said:

If I may step in: It's not possible to increase the 180 bone cap, according to the game devs this is due to performance issues and is not something hard-coded in the Python scripts of the game but probably in the actual engine of the game, so only the devs can increase this, and it would have a performance impact for everyone, even if they don't use mods. In the past, attempting to use rigs with more than 180 bones would crash the game, currently the rigs are loaded anyway but only 180 bones are "loaded", the rest are discarded. Source: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/969550/

8 hours ago, Rukiha said:

If I may step in

You are welcome to do it ?

8 hours ago, Rukiha said:

According to the game devs this is due to performance issues

Anything you do in the game causes performance issues.

If you build a bigger house instead of a small one : it will reduce the performances.

If you have 2 sims instead of 1 in your household : it will reduce the performances.

Do we see any difference when there are 2 sims on display instead of 1 ? I don't, while there are 2 x 180 bones = 360 bones which are animated

The performances motive is not valid in my opinion.