3 hours ago, qtpie said:

this topic is very long. is there a way to fix raiders not recognizing unarmed status?

Even with the console command in the original post, they attack on sight

Then 99 times out of 100, you haven't installed something (probably F4SE) correctly.  Does AAF wizard work for you (home key)?  If not, fix that first.

Also, verify that the quest is actually running.  Type 'sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest' in the console.

14 hours ago, qtpie said:

this topic is very long. is there a way to fix raiders not recognizing unarmed status?

Even with the console command in the original post, they attack on sight

Do you by any chance have grenades in your inventory? no grenades!

I was running with Strong and after clearing an area and got bloodlust, he said, "Puny human in heat." The rest of the dialogue proceeded as expected. However, no sex was initiated. Since I can initiate AAF animations with Strong through the Wizard, I suspect it might have something to do with the tags? What tags are called with Strong?

So far, I like Strong's and Deacon's dialogues more than MacCready and Cait's. I'm surprised that Hancock isn't one of them, though.

12 hours ago, Tanglin said:

Since I can initiate AAF animations with Strong through the Wizard, I suspect it might have something to do with the tags? What tags are called with Strong?

The only tags are "aggressive".  But I suspect the real problem is the prelude - there probably aren't any kissing animations with super mutants, so I'll need to short-circuit that phase when super mutants are involved.

How do I get Jun Long to give me the note? I haven't cleaned out Corvega yet and I'm playing from a clean save that starts right after you set up Sanctuary.

I've tried traveling in and out of Sanctuary, completing quests, walking into and out of Sanctuary etc. `sqv raiderpetdialoguequest` also shows that the quest is enabled.

Edit: figured it out! Looks like I have to complete Sturges' quests first.

2 hours ago, squarehippo said:

How do I get Jun Long to give me the note? I haven't cleaned out Corvega yet and I'm playing from a clean save that starts right after you set up Sanctuary.

Does he try to greet you, or is he totally non-responsive on the topic?  Because if the quest is running, as you say, he ought to have that behavior even if the scripts were completely broken.  If he greets you, but doesn't actually hand over the note, that indicates a script problem - most likely a missing or outdated AAF or F4SE.

You dont talk to him. He just walks up and puts a note into your inventory whilst making a comment. I dont know what triggers it. Just hang around Sanctuary for a while or fast travel in and out of that area until he triggers. 

26 minutes ago, Teddar said:

You dont talk to him. He just walks up and puts a note into your inventory whilst making a comment. I dont know what triggers it. Just hang around Sanctuary for a while or fast travel in and out of that area until he triggers. 

To get the note from Jun you have to complete Sturges quest of beds water defenses....

On 7/27/2019 at 8:16 PM, MrCruelJohn said:

To get the note from Jun you have to complete Sturges quest of beds water defenses....

Not true in my case. I finished those quests (quest tab lists Sanctuary as finished too) and he keeps pestering me about that note without actually handing it to me.

It's actually really annoying because he follows me around and repeats that shit every few seconds.

Uninstalling the mod, waiting for 24 hours and restarting didn't help either (no matter if I also used resaver on that savegame). Dunno what to do besides using the console to get that quest chain back on track.

5 hours ago, darkhighlander said:

I had that same problem until I discovered my AAF version was only beta 58, updating it sorted tings and the mod worked perfectly after that.

Yeah, that behavior (on Jun's part) is an indication that the scripted portions of the mod just plain aren't working.  Either because F4SE is borked, or because AAF is so out-dated that it's missing APIs that this mod relies on.  If you looked in the Papyrus logs, this would probably be glaringly obvious.

Jun's ForceGreet behavior is one of the few things that don't require a working script environment to function.

@stobor

Yeah, no, I have everything up to date.

Found the culprit btw, there seems to be some kind of incompatibility with AAF Violate Purgatory 1.0

Just had to deactivate that mod and sad old Jun hands over the note like a good boy.

Dunno what's up with that, here are my load orders and Papyrus logs for both cases if you want to take a look.

Papyrus.with Purgatory.log Papyrus.without Purgatory.log loadorder.txt modlist.txt

Really a shame, I love the idea behind Purgatory. But your mod is more important to me so I'll keep that for now. ;)

41 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

@stobor

Yeah, no, I have everything up to date.

Found the culprit btw, there seems to be some kind of incompatibility with AAF Violate Purgatory 1.0

Just had to deactivate that mod and sad old Jun hands over the note like a good boy.

Dunno what's up with that, here are my load orders and Papyrus logs for both cases if you want to take a look.

Papyrus.with Purgatory.log 19.83 kB · 0 downloads Papyrus.without Purgatory.log 12.02 kB · 0 downloads loadorder.txt 1.24 kB · 0 downloads modlist.txt 2.99 kB · 0 downloads

Really a shame, I love the idea behind Purgatory. But your mod is more important to me so I'll keep that for now. ;)

That's weird, i have the same mod installed and he gave me the note o.o

Weird indeed...

I can't read Papyrus logs for shit though so I wouldn't know how to debug this.

And Raider Pet did even load last. The only thing that I found curious is that there's some overwritten entry in the location tab in FO4Edit, some virtual cell. But again, Raider Pet did load last.

Tried deactivating Purgatory through its MCM menu, which didn't help either. The only thing that helps and it does so immediately is deactivating the Purgatory esp.

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

Tried deactivating Purgatory through its MCM menu, which didn't help either. The only thing that helps and it does so immediately is deactivating the Purgatory esp. 

I can tell you exactly what the problem is.  The important line is:

[07/31/2019 - 09:06:00PM] Cannot open store for class "DD:DD_Library", missing file?

You don't have Devious Devices installed.  Raider Pet and Purgatory both have scripts in them that have a hard dependency on Devious Devices.  I recently discovered that when you have exactly one script that is missing a particular script dependency, the script will still load.  But when you have two or more scripts that depend on the same missing script, all but the first will fail to load with "error: Unable to bind script X to Quest Y  because their base types do not match".

I discovered this because one of the scripts from the RSE II resource ESM has a hard dependency on Rogg's DD Items Manager.  The main script in AAF Violate did as well, and if someone had both mods installed but didn't have Rogg's mod installed, Violate wouldn't run.  The way I got around this was to make a proxy quest that interfaces with Rogg's mod, and have my main quest call the proxy function using "CallFunction".  That way if the proxy quest script can't load, the mod still works.  Purgatory does the same thing with Devious Devices.

Anyway: the answer to your problem is to install Devious Devices.  Purgatory and Raider Pet are perfectly compatible, but you have to install the mods their scripts depend on.  If you really don't want to install DD, you can put Purgatory after Raider Pet in your load order and it should work then.

One minor correction: Raider Pet has a soft dependency on DD, not a hard one.  All calls use the 'CallFunction' interface to insulate the one from the other.

But evidently, Papyrus is still flaky enough when one mod has a hard dep, and another one has a soft dep on the same script.

9 minutes ago, stobor said:

One minor correction: Raider Pet has a soft dependency on DD, not a hard one.  All calls use the 'CallFunction' interface to insulate the one from the other.

But evidently, Papyrus is still flaky enough when one mod has a hard dep, and another one has a soft dep on the same script.

Actually RP does have a hard dependency.  Event DD:DD_Library.DD_Unequipped( DD:DD_Library akSender, Var[] akArgs ).  It's not a function call, but the script refers to the type.  You'll notice that you can't compile DialogueQuestScr without DD:DD_Library.psc.

The funny thing about this is that scripts with unresolved dependencies like this are never supposed to work at all.  But it just happens to work if there is only one script missing a particular dependency, so it lulls us into a false sense of security and then jumps up and bites us.

5 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

The funny thing about this is that scripts with unresolved dependencies like this are never supposed to work at all.  But it just happens to work if there is only one script missing a particular dependency, so it lulls us into a false sense of security and then jumps up and bites us.

Thanks for pointing that one out, maybe I'll factor it out into a separate script/quest so things degrade more gracefully.  I wish there was a way to check this without someone tripping over it.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:29 PM, stobor said:

The only tags are "aggressive".  But I suspect the real problem is the prelude - there probably aren't any kissing animations with super mutants, so I'll need to short-circuit that phase when super mutants are involved.

Is there anything I can do on my end to make Strong take advantage of Nora when she's in heat?

Hi, got a major troubleshooting here, if you could help me.

So here it's how I installed it :

First got the depedencies with NMM CE (so not a manual download for the mods on nexus)

The other depedencies on LL i manually copied them on my data folder.

Then I manually installed Raider's pet by copying the files on my data folder.

(Here's a short schematic)

Raider's pet : Copied on data foler

AAF : NMM installed

Piercings mod : Copied on data folder

DD : Already had it

So the thing is that I have the message $NO_F4SE upon entering my save

Then when i got to Corvega to try the mod i got a female raider talking to me (no voice, just subtitles) and collaring me, taking some of my shit like expected.

Then I got inside and around, trying to initiate interactions with my captors, they just speak, i can answer the basic reponses and that should lead to sex, but nothing happens, the raider walks out and like, one on three times i get a female moan sound effect.

Then i tried gettint to Jared, wich gave me 25 caps as gift to keep being a good pet, i slept for 24hrs, maybe it was a problem with waiting the mod to initialize fully or something, then Jared gave me a task to get duct tape, i gave him and he gagged me, then told me to go to lucky, lucky spoke to me i could only reply "mmmmhh" then he told me to say again, maybe he'll understand me with the gag and just walked away... I abandonned and tried to understand the problem, but couldn't, anyone ran into the problem ? 

8 minutes ago, AdrienHqt said:

Hi, got a major troubleshooting here, if you could help me.

So here it's how I installed it :

First got the depedencies with NMM CE (so not a manual download for the mods on nexus)

The other depedencies on LL i manually copied them on my data folder.

Then I manually installed Raider's pet by copying the files on my data folder.

(Here's a short schematic)

Raider's pet : Copied on data foler

AAF : NMM installed

Piercings mod : Copied on data folder

DD : Already had it

So the thing is that I have the message $NO_F4SE upon entering my save

Then when i got to Corvega to try the mod i got a female raider talking to me (no voice, just subtitles) and collaring me, taking some of my shit like expected.

Then I got inside and around, trying to initiate interactions with my captors, they just speak, i can answer the basic reponses and that should lead to sex, but nothing happens, the raider walks out and like, one on three times i get a female moan sound effect.

Then i tried gettint to Jared, wich gave me 25 caps as gift to keep being a good pet, i slept for 24hrs, maybe it was a problem with waiting the mod to initialize fully or something, then Jared gave me a task to get duct tape, i gave him and he gagged me, then told me to go to lucky, lucky spoke to me i could only reply "mmmmhh" then he told me to say again, maybe he'll understand me with the gag and just walked away... I abandonned and tried to understand the problem, but couldn't, anyone ran into the problem ? 

You have not installed F4SE. 

Ok, maybe this has to do with raider pet itself, maybe some other mod is doing weird stuff but i'll just leave this here just in case.

Yesterday i was doing the note thing that Jun gave me. Went to Corvega unarmed, got collared and did a mission for Lucky to entertain some raiders. After that i was told by Lucky to cozy up to another guy and steal something from him. Then i was told to cozy up to the boss and this is where it went south.

I went to the boss (Jared in this case and i already did the thing where Jared told me to find some open space and was abused by a bunch of raiders) and each time i talked to him, no matter what i said (1-2-3-4) my collar would start beeping and explode. My only course of action was to not talk to him, remove the collar and murder everyone in Corvega.

After that, the "Cozy up to the boss" miscellaneous quest remained in my log.

Anyway, not looking for a solution because the mod WORKS, it was just weird and since i murdered everyone as some settlers asked me to, it's all good.

3 hours ago, AdrienHqt said:

I actually have, checked folders and AAF also put Fourplay file in F4SE's

Are you launching the game through "f4se_loader.exe" and did you extract the "entire" F4SE download into your "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4"

Just covering the "silly" questions! LOL