12 hours ago, shikafax said:

Hi everyone!

I thought it was one of those things to report!

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance!

image.png.3453b593fc808366388db382fdd6b055.png

I don't think there is a version of the patch that is compatible yet with the most recent version of the Felin mod, since if anything, it's likely not a sexbound to patch error, but rather patch to felin race mod error. Most of the patches just add functionality for different races to function correctly and visibly correct too in Sexbound. Some of them *may* also add support to some of the decoration stuff like beds and whatnot that you can get into. But such can get broken if the source mod that patch is for, updates. Which makes it necessary to update the patch itself to a newer version. However... I'm assuming that the patch for the felin race is nonfunctional in regards to the props in it for now. (IF the race itself is functioning fine in sexbound, but not the decorations, then yeah I'd say just avoid any felin decorations when using sxb enabled versions of the beds and whatnot.)

I have a question ... i wanted to start a new playthrough with sandbox and supper's combat overhaul .... the problem is the armors in this mod are a bit more specific and result in glitching out when they or me turn into sexnodes is there anything i could do to fix this besides uninstalling these mods? if not its fine .... as for logs.... yeee .... i kinda wiped everything and need to reinstall all the mods 

7 hours ago, ShoDanSilent said:

I have a question ... i wanted to start a new playthrough with sandbox and supper's combat overhaul .... the problem is the armors in this mod are a bit more specific and result in glitching out when they or me turn into sexnodes is there anything i could do to fix this besides uninstalling these mods? if not its fine .... as for logs.... yeee .... i kinda wiped everything and need to reinstall all the mods 

... If i remember correctly, that mod in particular has armors that are randomly generated, no? If so, then that's why, and i believe at least currently, Sexbound is incompatible with non-standard armor mods. For instance Armor Adapt was incompatible until recently, when both creators worked to solve the issue.

If your characters aren't wearing armors that are from Sup's, there's a good chance it'll work fine, but otherwise, yeah it's likely not compatible.

14 hours ago, red3dred said:

... If i remember correctly, that mod in particular has armors that are randomly generated, no? If so, then that's why, and i believe at least currently, Sexbound is incompatible with non-standard armor mods. For instance Armor Adapt was incompatible until recently, when both creators worked to solve the issue.

If your characters aren't wearing armors that are from Sup's, there's a good chance it'll work fine, but otherwise, yeah it's likely not compatible.

nahhh unlucky i thought someone could help me write a script or something to make it work but fine i wont install the mod again then sadly but ok

Hi! I made a thread about this a while back but I didn't seem to get many responses so I thought I'd try my luck here. I wanted to try and adjust the scripts to set gender conditions for NPCs to initiate sex. So I have Naturally Horny but I want to only allow males and females to have sex for role play reasons, (No hate to the LGBTQ+ community just looking to tweak the game to my preference :) )

So I've tried to decipher how the code works but I'm having some trouble, i'm not totally sure how the scripts work. I looked at the 'twoactors.lua' file in the sexbound scripts, form my understanding it initiates sex scenes with 2 characters, and I saw there are two separate lines of code for adding the two actors as nodes. I thought perhaps I could add a condition for adding the second actor, requiring the gender of the second actor to be the opposite of the first one, but I'm not sure what the syntax for that would look like or if it would even work.

The second thing I tried to figure out was how exactly a character who reached sufficient arousal would then search for a place to turn into a node for sex, I thought I could add an extra condition there to require the location for sex to be either empty or have another actor of the opposite gender, but I can't figure out how this works and if this is handled by naturally horny or sexbound.

Thanks for the help!

Had an idea recently. I'm no coder, so I wanted to put the idea here for you talented coders out there: Hear me out: Sex bounties. Use the 1.4 bounty stuff to prostitute yourself for a quick buck! 

This might not be possible, or it might be hard, but if it's not, here's the idea: There's a place, like the bounty stations, to take prostitute "bounties,"(Or maybe just use a cellphone type item or something), and you can see a small board of people- you select one, see it's payment and requirements, choose it, go to the planet/location of the person, and bang!

Now, I mentioned requirements- here's what I'm thinking:
You aren't just gonna get money from having sex- that'd be too easy! So instead, randomly-generated minigames like the one from Aphrodite's Retreat could occur during prostitution. Additionally, people have preferences- from sexuality, to kinks. Maybe this NPC is looking specifically for a male, or female, or futa, or cuntboy- or maybe this person(for whatever reason) wants you to be pregnant while having sex with them.(And same thing for condoms- maybe they refuse to wear a condom or something.)

Makes it a little more challenging to do quests, right?

And, if there are ranks to this like on a normal bounty board, here's another thought:
Lower ranks: Lustia has eradicated all STIs, yes, but this is the vastness of space- maybe there's a chance that, if your client isn't wearing protection, they might give you an STI, and you'll have to make a cure for yourself. Nothing deadly, just inconvenient. You're also not paid a whole lot, but demands will be low.

Mid ranks: More kinks- maybe a client refuses to wear a condom, or wants you to be pregnant, or asks specifically for a Floran or a Futa or something- as well as a longer minigame, but it pays good. If STIs are included, they'd be rarer now.

High Ranks: Pays great! But demands are great, too. Longer minigames, and maybe they want you to climax a certain number of times- things like that! If STIs were included, basically no STIs here.

P.S: Maybe there's some kind of compatibility with Teratophilia where you go somewhere and a client asks you to breed with livestock, or maybe your client does more than they initially asked for- not entirely my thing, but putting it out there 'cause people could be into it.

Anyways, that's just the idea I had. Thought I'd put it out there if anyone was interested. Who knows!

EDIT: Another idea: Use this in NPC quests- maybe someone wants to help get their friend laid, and if you help, then they'll join your crew! Or something.

Edited by Noone6
6 minutes ago, Kirill_zp said:

How Sexbound POV reclolor bodies? I try to create own frames for custom races, but they don`t change color.

They recolor the bodies the exact same way it recolors bodies for race supports. If you use the exact same colors that the tiny Starbound sprites use, they'll recolor the PoV properly.

33 minutes ago, red3dred said:

They recolor the bodies the exact same way it recolors bodies for race supports. If you use the exact same colors that the tiny Starbound sprites use, they'll recolor the PoV properly.

It's actually working! Thanks!

Hey, I really like the idea of the mod but from my recalling of using the mod there's only a few animations in it.
Are there any mods that function like Loverslab's animation packs for this mod? Just to add some variety and not having to see the same few animations for every sex scene?

7 hours ago, Neren said:

Hey, I really like the idea of the mod but from my recalling of using the mod there's only a few animations in it.
Are there any mods that function like Loverslab's animation packs for this mod? Just to add some variety and not having to see the same few animations for every sex scene?

Not YET*.

As in, currently, adding new positions is a battle and a half due to a framework limitation on how they are defined, along with requiring new assets (images) for each modded race that would be futurely supported. That and the fact that the interface does not actually support more than 8 positions, or dynamically changing available options based on actor count or even based on race/etc.

If a new implementation that allows for adding new positions without shitting the mod's compatibility is available, i'll be sure to add all the new positions i've sketched and animated.

Edited by red3dred
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it is supposed that after my character has sex with one of the crew the notification appears that the crew member is fertilized, but after a certain time she does not appear pregnant and the pregnancy effect is lost, and I want help, am I wrong about something or am I missing something?, or do I need something for the npcs to get pregnant

47 minutes ago, xkonx1231 said:

it is supposed that after my character has sex with one of the crew the notification appears that the crew member is fertilized, but after a certain time she does not appear pregnant and the pregnancy effect is lost, and I want help, am I wrong about something or am I missing something?, or do I need something for the npcs to get pregnant

The "pregnant" text under their name is a Status, same as "Thinking about their dreams" or any other odd text. If they are crewmembers, or maybe Tenants? They'll roll a new text, but should still be pregnant if you don't take them off-ship.

Taking crew-members off the ship causes them to unload, so their pregnancy data is lost and they are essentially respawned.

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

The "pregnant" text under their name is a Status, same as "Thinking about their dreams" or any other odd text. If they are crewmembers, or maybe Tenants? They'll roll a new text, but should still be pregnant if you don't take them off-ship.

Taking crew-members off the ship causes them to unload, so their pregnancy data is lost and they are essentially respawned.

It makes more sense, because I had a pregnant crew member I moved her from the ship to accompany me but she was no longer pregnant

I'm having an issue right now that I don't know if it caused by some of the mods I have or if it's a bug. Any NPCs that are currently holding a weapon or item in their hands do not move and I am unable to interact with them at all, the NPC doesn't even highlight itself when I am nearby. I can still kill hostile NPCs but they do not fight back and NPCs like village guards are just frozen in place. I looked through the incompatible mods and I don't have any of them installed so I am going to assume it's either a Steam mod I have or it's a bug in the latest version of Sexbound

37 minutes ago, Suidoz1 said:

I'm having an issue right now that I don't know if it caused by some of the mods I have or if it's a bug. Any NPCs that are currently holding a weapon or item in their hands do not move and I am unable to interact with them at all, the NPC doesn't even highlight itself when I am nearby. I can still kill hostile NPCs but they do not fight back and NPCs like village guards are just frozen in place. I looked through the incompatible mods and I don't have any of them installed so I am going to assume it's either a Steam mod I have or it's a bug in the latest version of Sexbound

Not a problem i've heard or seen before, unless something broke internally. Still, learn this rule:

No log, no service. Explanation on why below, if you wanna read =V

Spoiler

We can't troubleshoot by word of mouth, and while taking a picture of your mods folder or trying to patch together 10 pictures of your Steam mod collection may provide the info on what mods you have, it does not tell us if any are installed incorrectly, or if there are incompatibilities we don't know of. For this purpose, we request the log file, which lists very little personal information (Your computer's OS, Graphics Driver, Audio Driver, and your CPU), while also telling us everything that happened during load-times, gameplay, what errored and where.

And here's the copy-paste on how to find help;

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

With that whole wall of information and guidance out of the way, it sounds like your NPC's maybe erroring interally at some point. They spawn in, they load, but stop working, seemingly at the AI level. (Who to target, how/where) A few of your workshop mods maybe replacing files they shouldn't, or just be incompatible between themselves, since the only AI change Sexbound provides is "if horny, go find Sex-place", and it shouldn't prevent NPCs from being even interactable...