5 hours ago, YGNX said:

A question here, I am using the Shoggoth player mod and Sexbound support patch, however after roughly 27 hours of play on the character, all sexbound related things for my character has stopped working, upon making a new Shoggoth character it works for them, is there perhaps any known bugs that I may of encountered and any possible fix without having to start all over? I have installed no new mods since starting the character as well, so I'm sure it has to be something pre-existing. I have tried searching the pages, yet for some reason Loverslab has decided to hate me today and just shows no results no matter what I search. (Even searching sexbound in it's own topic doesn't show anything, pain, but that is something I can just work around-)

5 hours ago, YGNX said:

Also, I should specify that it's only the player character, using things such as Aphrodite's bow to forcibly trigger NPCs allows for them to work, it's just specifically the player character. 

This ?

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

2 hours ago, YGNX said:

Here ya go chief, from what I can tell, it seems to be trying to load a female character as male, but I only have a VERY limited knowledge when it comes to LUA.

Alright let's take a look...

[23:25:43.566] [Error] Exception while invoking lua message handler for message 'Sexbound:Actor:Setup'. 
(LuaException) Error code 2, 
[string "/scripts/sexbound/util.lua"]:54: 
(AssetException) Path '/items/armors/penguin/sb_empty/' cannot be a file

... what!?

One moment lemme just read the mods... Hmmm, okay, that's a lot of mods that deal with a lot of stuff, but apparently this error says something about what you have equipped? Do you happen to have some item with a empty inventory icon/no visible appearance?

It's odd, i've never seen this error before, you may have run into a new incompatibility. The mod (Sexbound) is checking if the item has an existing file, is returned with "sb_empty" and claims it cannot be a file, thus erroring. And that's it. Something you have worn/equipped is breaking Sexbound perhaps?

Edited by red3dred
On 4/3/2022 at 5:52 AM, red3dred said:

Several things. Neki support, if you got the earlier versions, it disabled pregnancy, among a few other features. If you have that older version, i'd recommend giving it a update, seeing if the file size is different. If you don't have the Neki support, gonna ask a few simple questions:
Did you use the climax/cum function?
Did any of you two get a notification of any impregnation?
Did you set the "pregnancy fetish" (The visibility of the pregnant belly) to true in the configs?
Did you disable "OS time for pregnancies"? (Days for pregnancies will be counted in real-life days if enabled)
And finally, did you or your friend die during gameplay?

how do i know if i have the right version of the support? only thing i set was the preg fetish. for the death, did it matter if it was any death in loaded world? or just the current session?  

12 hours ago, MiaRailguner said:

how do i know if i have the right version of the support? only thing i set was the preg fetish. for the death, did it matter if it was any death in loaded world? or just the current session?  

Well, to run through your questions, the Neki support version should be obvious if the preg-belly is not visible, and no lactation/nipples features are visible.
As for the deaths, any player death should cancel out the pregnancy effect, as far as i know. It removes the debuff for pregnancy and likely wipes the pregnancy code with it, though i haven't tested this myself, only heard such from other players, so please take it with a grain of salt.

19 hours ago, red3dred said:

Alright let's take a look...

[23:25:43.566] [Error] Exception while invoking lua message handler for message 'Sexbound:Actor:Setup'. 
(LuaException) Error code 2, 
[string "/scripts/sexbound/util.lua"]:54: 
(AssetException) Path '/items/armors/penguin/sb_empty/' cannot be a file

... what!?

One moment lemme just read the mods... Hmmm, okay, that's a lot of mods that deal with a lot of stuff, but apparently this error says something about what you have equipped? Do you happen to have some item with a empty inventory icon/no visible appearance?

It's odd, i've never seen this error before, you may have run into a new incompatibility. The mod (Sexbound) is checking if the item has an existing file, is returned with "sb_empty" and claims it cannot be a file, thus erroring. And that's it. Something you have worn/equipped is breaking Sexbound perhaps?

Actually, I think I know what happened based on a small bit of reading, it's not something that I have equipped, rather it's an "incompatible" creature becoming a sexbound actor. In Feast of Fire and Smoke Encounters, there is a chance to run into penguins who'll gun you down, well, my guess is that for a split second it tried to use defeat on me, however caused an error instead as it's well, a penguin and not a human or supported creature actor but is based on a human NPC in the actual mod. This would make sense as to why it states "penguin" in the path and I remember dying to a penguin but never having it close enough to use defeat, so that's my guess.

That is something that probably was fixed in the FFS sexbound patch, however sadly that patch hasn't worked since it was released causing immense amount of crashes and not having been updated sadly in two years.

3 hours ago, YGNX said:

Actually, I think I know what happened based on a small bit of reading, it's not something that I have equipped, rather it's an "incompatible" creature becoming a sexbound actor. In Feast of Fire and Smoke Encounters, there is a chance to run into penguins who'll gun you down, well, my guess is that for a split second it tried to use defeat on me, however caused an error instead as it's well, a penguin and not a human or supported creature actor but is based on a human NPC in the actual mod. This would make sense as to why it states "penguin" in the path and I remember dying to a penguin but never having it close enough to use defeat, so that's my guess.

Kinda weird that they'd use Humans in penguin suits instead of, y'know, penguins themselves, but alas.

6 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, to run through your questions, the Neki support version should be obvious if the preg-belly is not visible, and no lactation/nipples features are visible.
As for the deaths, any player death should cancel out the pregnancy effect, as far as i know. It removes the debuff for pregnancy and likely wipes the pregnancy code with it, though i haven't tested this myself, only heard such from other players, so please take it with a grain of salt.

well as far as i know we've never had a successful pregnancy ever so i wouldn't know if the preg-belly even is visible. here is a look at my mod folder, you can tell me if i'm missing the support, and it would help a lot if i could get a link to the version im supposed to have,

image_2022-04-05_222756.png

On 4/5/2022 at 5:53 PM, red3dred said:

I am actually running through a game currently, character is pregnant, she has gone down, and lost 10% pixels several times, still registered as pregnant. Has been more than the 8 game days, and came in looking as to what might be going on with my character as she hasn't given birth yet. If what you are saying here is the default, then I have somehow glitched and the debuff is stuck and wondering if there was something I could to reset my character's status?

1 hour ago, Airianna said:

I am actually running through a game currently, character is pregnant, she has gone down, and lost 10% pixels several times, still registered as pregnant. Has been more than the 8 game days, and came in looking as to what might be going on with my character as she hasn't given birth yet. If what you are saying here is the default, then I have somehow glitched and the debuff is stuck and wondering if there was something I could to reset my character's status?

Well, Alluring Toys Co. which is part of Sexbound (Main) now, had "abortion pills", those clear up stuck pregnancies, and can help fix clogged... erm... holes...

That said, should there be another problem entirely, you can always drop a log (file) into the forums here, and we can see if there are errors relating to why it's refusing to start the birth sequence.

Like, i wish i could speak all of this with certainty, but Starbound is not only a magical game made with a colossal amount of spaghetti from several people, there are tons of mods that alter the same thing, still in circulation, that could break things. Without a log, i would never know if it's a known issue a installed mod, a new issue i've never heard of before like mentioned above, or better yet, a new hiccup in the code that i should take a look into. I assume you've read the log message available at the top of the messages here, so i'll leave that as an option.

29 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Well, Alluring Toys Co. which is part of Sexbound (Main) now, had "abortion pills", those clear up stuck pregnancies, and can help fix clogged... erm... holes...

That said, should there be another problem entirely, you can always drop a log (file) into the forums here, and we can see if there are errors relating to why it's refusing to start the birth sequence.

Like, i wish i could speak all of this with certainty, but Starbound is not only a magical game made with a colossal amount of spaghetti from several people, there are tons of mods that alter the same thing, still in circulation, that could break things. Without a log, i would never know if it's a known issue a installed mod, a new issue i've never heard of before like mentioned above, or better yet, a new hiccup in the code that i should take a look into. I assume you've read the log message available at the top of the messages here, so i'll leave that as an option.

Thanks for mentioning that, Had to skirt a few corners to get the vending machines... Grabbed a preggers test, says 4 Real Life days, or in about an hour from now, When I seen give birth in 8 days, had no idea it was not using game days... dang...
So I will know more later, and by the way it seems, since I have it set to casual, it doesn't wipe the pregnancy when I die.

10 hours ago, smurf123smurf said:

What's the "Redshift Event" in the config file? I can't find any mention of it and it defaults to "false."

Was a prototype script that used the log file as an output to transmit vibrator commands to Real-Life sex-toys.

I cannot find any trace of why it's called "RedShift" in particular, as "RedShift Toys" seems to direct me to an actual toy brand?

At any rate, it's one of those features Locuturus put in and i'm not sure if anyone else knows how to use it.

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

Was a prototype script that used the log file as an output to transmit vibrator commands to Real-Life sex-toys.

I cannot find any trace of why it's called "RedShift" in particular, as "RedShift Toys" seems to direct me to an actual toy brand?

At any rate, it's one of those features Locuturus put in and i'm not sure if anyone else knows how to use it.

Ha, fair enough. Speaking of config files, I've been having a hard time getting the futa addon to work properly. No matter how I configure it, I can't get it to apply to things such as the player character. I've been trying the unique ID system, but nothing seems to change. Any ideas? Futa does work with things like the EPP that enables it and such, I just can't get it to be intrinsic to characters so to speak.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:54 PM, smurf123smurf said:

Ha, fair enough. Speaking of config files, I've been having a hard time getting the futa addon to work properly. No matter how I configure it, I can't get it to apply to things such as the player character. I've been trying the unique ID system, but nothing seems to change. Any ideas? Futa does work with things like the EPP that enables it and such, I just can't get it to be intrinsic to characters so to speak.

Nevermind, I think I got it. Was a very weird workaround though.

Hello! Been running into an issue. After a while sex with NPCs stopped working.

At first I thought it was just the Aphrodite bow, but I can still have sex with Fuchsia, the woman that makes the summoning ritual in the Aphrodite quest and Aphrodite herself. I recall using the bow to turn a Floran merchant into a sex node, so I think the arousal mechanic broke at some point after that. Placing a Dibella statue and turning it on has no results.

I tried solutions found in the topic but no dice.

In this log I opened the game, tried to use the bow and Dibella, said so in chat, then closed the game. I didn't find anything that implies that something went wrong with any of the sexbound related mods, but I don't have much knowledge in LUA so I most likely missed something.

starbound.log

3 hours ago, mirrorm said:

Hello! Been running into an issue. After a while sex with NPCs stopped working.

At first I thought it was just the Aphrodite bow, but I can still have sex with Fuchsia, the woman that makes the summoning ritual in the Aphrodite quest and Aphrodite herself. I recall using the bow to turn a Floran merchant into a sex node, so I think the arousal mechanic broke at some point after that. Placing a Dibella statue and turning it on has no results.

I tried solutions found in the topic but no dice.

In this log I opened the game, tried to use the bow and Dibella, said so in chat, then closed the game. I didn't find anything that implies that something went wrong with any of the sexbound related mods, but I don't have much knowledge in LUA so I most likely missed something.

Hmm, let's see. There are no Sexbound errors, almost as if it's not running. More than likely, another mod is overwritting what scripts NPCs have.

You say this all happened in a single session? As in, 100% sure this didn't happen between sessions when you added more mods? Because as is, there is no trace of Sexbound even working.

13 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Hmm, let's see. There are no Sexbound errors, almost as if it's not running. More than likely, another mod is overwritting what scripts NPCs have.

You say this all happened in a single session? As in, 100% sure this didn't happen between sessions when you added more mods? Because as is, there is no trace of Sexbound even working.

Hmm, strange.

Now that you mention it, I was in fact removing workshop mods and adding mods that are compatible with Sexbound AKA mods mentioned in the mod list. I took out about everything except for workshop addons that were already active when Sexbound was working as intended, mods that were in Sexbound's mod list and Lustbound's needed mods.

Still no results. But now the log finally throws Sexbound related errors. Maybe something got buried inbetween install and removal of mods?

I also included current mods.

image.png.321eb44d7e8994c1beafde1246f2c3aa.png

starbound.log

34 minutes ago, mirrorm said:

Hmm, strange.

Now that you mention it, I was in fact removing workshop mods and adding mods that are compatible with Sexbound AKA mods mentioned in the mod list. I took out about everything except for workshop addons that were already active when Sexbound was working as intended, mods that were in Sexbound's mod list and Lustbound's needed mods.

Still no results. But now the log finally throws Sexbound related errors. Maybe something got buried inbetween install and removal of mods?

I also included current mods.

Hmmm... odd, i have almost all of the same mods in my testing environment, except for MorePoses, i wonder if two different PoV patches are conflicting? Shouldn't be the case unless they are patching scripts aswell. That said, the error is extremely vague;

I'd recommend trying removing PoV Redux, retrying, and then removing MorePoses and retrying. None of the other mods are known to cause such issues unless you've messed with the files in some way, like corrupted downloads, accidental changes, etc, so i have no idea. This error used to be caused by Naturally Horny, but i don't see NatHorny in your mods.

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

Hmmm... odd, i have almost all of the same mods in my testing environment, except for MorePoses, i wonder if two different PoV patches are conflicting? Shouldn't be the case unless they are patching scripts aswell. That said, the error is extremely vague;

I'd recommend trying removing PoV Redux, retrying, and then removing MorePoses and retrying. None of the other mods are known to cause such issues unless you've messed with the files in some way, like corrupted downloads, accidental changes, etc, so i have no idea. This error used to be caused by Naturally Horny, but i don't see NatHorny in your mods.

Nope, nothin.

I went for the nuclear option. Saved player and universe before doing a clean game install and added just Sexbound and the bow. I also removed all the workshop addons I subscribed to recently. But the log still throws the same vague script error.

My best guess is that somehow something broke between Steam and the ghost server Starbound starts for singleplayer. Otherwise, I have no clue why a full reinstall didn't fix it. As if the mod hates my pc now lol. Maybe there is cache stored somewhere that is causing this?

starbound.log

Edited by mirrorm
Possible solution
1 hour ago, mirrorm said:

Nope, nothin.

I went for the nuclear option. Saved player and universe before doing a clean game install and added just Sexbound and the bow. I also removed all the workshop addons I subscribed to recently. But the log still throws the same vague script error.

My best guess is that somehow something broke between Steam and the ghost server Starbound starts for singleplayer. Otherwise, I have no clue why a full reinstall didn't fix it. As if the mod hates my pc now lol. Maybe there is cache stored somewhere that is causing this?

starbound.log 42.47 kB · 0 downloads

My last guess is to update your Sexbound's main API, since it doesn't have a version number attached, i don't know which one it is, and i'm seeing a similarity between the same issue mentioned in the PoV Redux mod thread, and they had a pretty outdated API.

Other than that, honestly? Without the mod telling us what went wrong, it can be really hard to tell what's wrong. I hope it's just an outdated API, otherwise, yeah it's pretty cursed.